PDA

View Full Version : Who should we sign?

marcus
08-25-2005, 03:32 AM
I was thinking that as we have a lot of separated threads talking about free agents we would like to have and that we can get maybe we can make a general list based on what player each person here thinks we should sign.
Each poster could post in this thread a list of 10 to 15 players from 1 to 10 or 15 according to their interest. Devin Brown should not be included in the list as he is a restricted free agent and we can match any offer to keep him.

marcus
08-25-2005, 03:43 AM
My list:
1. Michael Finley (although i think he is going to Miami)
1. Nick Van Exel ( MLE)
2. DerMarr Johnson (LLE)
3. Glenn Robinson (veteran minimum or LLE)
4. Gerald Wallace
5. Earl Watson
6. Gary Payton
7. Sprewell
8. Walter Hermann (up to LLE)
9. Tyronn Lue
10. Derrick Coleman

Maybe i forgot about someone

BadlyDrawnBoy
08-25-2005, 04:00 AM
NVE behind Parker and tutoring Beno would be really nice.

gospursgojas
08-25-2005, 04:09 AM
If it were up to me they should sign me to sit at the end of the bench and make .01 percent of the LLE, but its not so I say they should forget about FInley and focus on Devin

BadlyDrawnBoy
08-25-2005, 04:20 AM
Focus on Devin?

How so? He's restricted, nothing more to focus on than whether or not to match if he signs an offer.

TheTruth
08-25-2005, 05:40 AM
The Spurs should try to get Michael Jordan to come out of retirement. :smokin

nzkickass
08-25-2005, 05:51 AM
Sean Marks

NZHayden
08-25-2005, 06:35 AM
^agreed

boutons
08-25-2005, 06:43 AM
Total silence on the NZ front. Can't you NZers sleuth around and find out what's up with our favorite goldilocks?

Slo spurs fan
08-25-2005, 07:14 AM
Dennis Rodman!

Did you know Dennis will play 15 (fifteen) minutes in 1 (one) game for some Finland team. They signed with him to liften up basketball popularity in Finland! :lmao :lmao :lmao

angel_luv
08-25-2005, 07:18 AM
LOL!
Perhaps basketball would be more popular in Finland if their team won occasionally?

; )

Slo spurs fan
08-25-2005, 07:20 AM
LOL!
Perhaps basketball would be more popular in Finland if their team won occasionally?

; )
:tu :lol

ace3g
08-25-2005, 07:54 AM
DerMarr Johnson (LLE)
Gerald Wallace
Walter Hermann (up to LLE)
James Jones(he hasnt signed with the suns yet, because the suns made a good impression on Finley)

NZHayden
08-25-2005, 07:58 AM
Total silence on the NZ front. Can't you NZers sleuth around and find out what's up with our favorite goldilocks?

cant find anything about where he's going at the moment sorry man

ace3g
08-25-2005, 08:43 AM
Theron Smith

ducks
08-25-2005, 08:44 AM
Timvp

Kori Ellis
08-25-2005, 12:18 PM
James Jones(he hasnt signed with the suns yet, because the suns made a good impression on Finley)

I think the only reason he hasn't signed with the Suns yet is because Joe Johnson hasn't cleared his physical in Atlanta yet. As soon as he does, the Suns will get their trade exception and the deal with Indy for Jones will be done.

As for this thread ...

No order, but guys I wouldn't mind if the Spurs signed ..

Maybe one of these ...

NVE
Earl Watson
Alex Garcia
Jay Williams

Along with one (or two) of these ...

Finley (I guess)
Matt Barnes
Gerald Wallace
Jason Kapono
Theron Smith
Latrell Sprewell
Devin Brown
Glenn Robinson
Alex Scales
Noel Felix :)

SequSpur
08-25-2005, 12:21 PM
Devin Brown
Glenn Robinson
Nick Van Exel :fro

ace3g
08-25-2005, 12:25 PM
I say sign a veteran PG to the minimum for the 3rd string spot, then sign either(Gerald Wallace, Theron Smith, Walter Herrmann, or Matt Barnes: in that order), and resign Devin Brown.

Now the spurs just have to decide what they want to give to brown(either the LLE or the rest of the MLE) and give the other amount to the back up SF

ace3g
08-25-2005, 12:42 PM
Kori the reason why I think if the suns get Finley that they wont sign Jones because there wont be any playing time for Jones if Finley comes. In my opinion(even though I know about the whole waiting on Joe Johnson's trade to go through to get the trade exception) the suns want either Finley or Jones and Jones is more of a back up plan incase they dont get Finley.

but that is just my hopefull wishing that the suns dont sign Jones; because he would be a great fit with the spurs

JUUOT
08-25-2005, 12:55 PM
my wish list:

one of this at PG in order
NVE
alex garcia
barett
wilks

one of this guy as the 4th wings:
glenn
finley
brown
barnes
wallace

a 5th wing:
barnes
smith (theron)
jacobsen
kapono

nzkickass
08-25-2005, 01:33 PM
Kirk Penney (just for you Timvp)

:)

FromWayDowntown
08-25-2005, 01:44 PM
I'm absolutely with Kori on the Earl Watson idea. I suspect that he would be a beast as a backup PG (even better than Mike James).

I don't know why that idea doesn't get more play around here.

Gummi
08-25-2005, 01:47 PM
First of all, there's no need for a backup PG. Beno Udrih is more then capable of doing that job for us. We also have Manu and Barry as situational PG. No NVE or somebody else. The Spurs need to give Beno minutes so he can get some experience under his belt. Beno had a nice rookie season and even though he went off the track in the Finals, he's only going to learn from that.

Since day one of the off season I've wanted the Spurs to keep as many players as possible from last season's team (not talking about Wilks, Johnson, or Marks here). Re-sign our free agents (Devin, Glenn, and Horry) and then sign either Oberto or Scola.

Now if Finley is willing to sign with us, then great. More fire power from the bench. If he's comming then there's no Glenn Robinson and/or possibly no Devin Brown IMO.

ChumpDumper
08-25-2005, 02:00 PM
I'm absolutely with Kori on the Earl Watson idea. I suspect that he would be a beast as a backup PG (even better than Mike James).

I don't know why that idea doesn't get more play around here.I'm actually surprised he hasn't gotten much more play this summer. Were I one of the Babcocks I'd put him at the top of Toronto's wish list for example.

Big Pimp_21
08-25-2005, 02:03 PM
Kori, are you talking about the Jay Williams that played for Chicago and got hurt in the motorcycle accident? Does anyone (Chicago) have rights to him?

ChumpDumper
08-25-2005, 02:07 PM
Jay is unrestricted.

Big Pimp_21
08-25-2005, 02:09 PM
I like him...a friend of mine met him at the NCAA tourney and he was determined to come back. He would have been a great player before the accident, and I think he'll come back with something to prove.

milkyway21
08-25-2005, 10:39 PM
My list:
1. Michael Finley (although i think he is going to Miami)
1. Nick Van Exel ( MLE)
2. DerMarr Johnson (LLE)
3. Glenn Robinson (veteran minimum or LLE)
4. Gerald Wallace
5. Earl Watson
6. Gary Payton
7. Sprewell
8. Walter Hermann (up to LLE)
9. Tyronn Lue
10. Derrick Coleman

Maybe i forgot about someone

next to Finley.........

1.Van Exel-for offense
2.Big Dogg-offense
3. Earl Watson-defense

Dalamar_the_Dark
08-26-2005, 02:01 AM
I think Pop should really take a look at Jay Williams. Hes an explosive scorer when fit. He can run the point. Hes not afraid to take the last shot. He can play some defense. But most importantly, hes cheap. He just wants a shot at coming back. Hes got comeback player of the year written all over him. Just stick him on the IR and let him get back to the level we all know he can. Make the contract incentive laden. Im sure he'll take that.

milkyway21
08-26-2005, 02:19 AM
But most importantly, hes cheap. i like this player, too. how cheap is he?
So he's not with Memphis then?

llp
08-26-2005, 04:39 PM
I think Pop should really take a look at Jay Williams. Hes an explosive scorer when fit. He can run the point. Hes not afraid to take the last shot. He can play some defense. But most importantly, hes cheap. He just wants a shot at coming back. Hes got comeback player of the year written all over him. Just stick him on the IR and let him get back to the level we all know he can. Make the contract incentive laden. Im sure he'll take that.
i thought jay williams was injured