PDA

View Full Version : Wade on the Spurs during Finals...

spursparker9
10-03-2014, 08:05 PM
"Maybe it was the Spurs and the way they played," Wade said. "I mean, they f-----g ran circles around us. We weren't in the same groove that we were in the series before, I couldn't get in a groove. And then, how our team was built, once certain guys weren't in a groove, then it went to just straight one-on-one. And I can't play that way. Once I get out of my groove, and then I've got to sit and wait, I'm not getting back in mine. So, obviously, you're affected that way. And then, defensively (for us), they were moving...man! So it was unfortunate. But like I said, the series before that, I felt that I was hitting that stride that I want to be in."

source
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2217199-the-exclusive-d-wade-qa-on-why-last-year-wasnt-fun-and-life-after-lebron

Mikeanaro
10-03-2014, 08:12 PM
Fuck him!

Chinook
10-03-2014, 08:24 PM
I imagine that was in response to someone asking him why he looked done in the Finals after looking great in the ECF.

InRareForm
10-03-2014, 08:43 PM
no groove wade is no happy

SpurPadre
10-03-2014, 08:56 PM
Good to know he's still feeling the pain of losing the Finals. That being said, I'll be rooting for them whenever they play the Cavs and bulls.

Dex
10-03-2014, 09:07 PM
Okay SpursTalk, let's find a way to make this praise look like criticism.

Chinook
10-03-2014, 09:09 PM

Exactly. I will say, though, that I think Wade was praising the Spurs in self-defense. It seemed like was brushing off the question about his declining skills by crediting the Spurs defense. That was a very big reason why Wade dropped off, but he also just looked bad at times.

I'll say this though: Anyone who thinks Stephenson holds a candle to Green defensively should watch games more closely.

ElNono
10-03-2014, 09:11 PM
He did look good in the ECF... the Spurs last season were just on another level... Especially after the Dallas series

SpurPadre
10-03-2014, 09:16 PM
Exactly. I will say, though, that I think Wade was praising the Spurs in self-defense. It seemed like was brushing off the question about his declining skills by crediting the Spurs defense. That was a very big reason why Wade dropped off, but he also just looked bad at times.

I'll say this though: Anyone who thinks Stephenson holds a candle to Green defensively should watch games more closely.

Stephenson is primed for a breakout season this year, tbh.

SpurPadre
10-03-2014, 09:20 PM
He did look good in the ECF... the Spurs last season were just on another level... Especially after the Dallas series

We definitely took it up several notches after round 1. I can't help but wonder if we would've beaten the Mavs much easier had we played them in round two, though or if Carlisle simply coached his ass off against us and would've been a pain no matter what.

Chinook
10-03-2014, 09:22 PM
Stephenson is primed for a breakout season this year, tbh.

On offense, maybe. But he'll be the Hornets' third-best perimeter defender in their starting lineup. He's scrappy and bulky, but he just doesn't seem to have the fluidity Danny and Kawhi have.

SpurPadre
10-03-2014, 09:25 PM
On offense, maybe. But he'll be the Hornets' third-best perimeter defender in their starting lineup. He's scrappy and bulky, but he just doesn't seem to have the fluidity Danny and Kawhi have.

Agreed. He can easily end up like J.R. Smith with his lack of character, too.

Pauleta14
10-03-2014, 09:27 PM

Malik Hairston
10-04-2014, 01:21 AM
Lebron and Bosh said the Spurs played the basketball they had ever seen in their lives, tbh..

I don't think Wade is downplaying the Spurs, at all, but he's probably a little defensive of all this talk about him being finished, as Chinook said..

Sean Cagney
10-04-2014, 03:12 AM
Lebron and Bosh said the Spurs played the basketball they had ever seen in their lives, tbh..

I don't think Wade is downplaying the Spurs, at all, but he's probably a little defensive of all this talk about him being finished, as Chinook said..
I agree, some in here just look for this and that all the time and are so sensitive it is ridiculous honestly when it comes to the Spurs. They nit pick every little word it seems at times.

We won the finals this year, man up and enjoy it fellas. :lobt2:

DesertSpur50
10-04-2014, 02:11 PM
http://media3.giphy.com/media/PNSR9JUFHVX3i/200.gif