PDA

View Full Version : Anyone from the Valley with Time Warner?

SupremeGuy
10-03-2014, 09:46 PM
Ever since the channel lineup change, I noticed that I don't get FSSW or NBA TV in HD anymore. Anyone else experiencing similar problems? I called earlier today about it and they said that no one else had complained but that they were going to look into it. Fucking assholes better fix that shit before the start of the season, tbh.

TE
10-03-2014, 09:55 PM
Didn't notice until now...will call and bitch about it like a ghetto Mexican tbh.

SupremeGuy
10-03-2014, 09:58 PM
Sucks that we're having this problem but at least now I know it's not a problem from my end.

illusioNtEk
10-03-2014, 10:35 PM
Issue should be resolved within 2-3 days

SupremeGuy
10-03-2014, 10:51 PM
Issue should be resolved within 2-3 daysThat's what they told me too. lol

SupremeGuy
10-04-2014, 03:36 PM
Bump.

DJR210
10-04-2014, 05:18 PM
Issue should be resolved within 2-3 days

:lol Does TWC know you provide customer service on Spurstalk?

SupremeGuy
10-04-2014, 05:34 PM
:lol Does TWC know you provide customer service on Spurstalk?Does he really or are you just laughing at his post? :lol

Cause yeah, I found his post a bit odd. If he does work for TWC, that'd be pretty handy to have around for when they're fucking shit up.

illusioNtEk
10-04-2014, 07:06 PM
:lol Does TWC know you provide customer service on Spurstalk?

lol

Im not providing customer service thru ST no. I do however work for TWC as you know

SupremeGuy
10-04-2014, 08:13 PM
Oh shit, nice. Did they barely discover this problem when I called and bitched? lol

DJR210
10-04-2014, 08:20 PM
illusioNtEk, I'm looking at a possible switch to TWC..Looking for TV and internet..what can you do for me?

FkLA
10-04-2014, 08:25 PM
Not just the valley. Im in NW SA and getting the same shit. Hate that tiny picture.

ChumpDumper
10-04-2014, 08:33 PM
Not just the valley. Im in NW SA and getting the same shit. Hate that tiny picture.Just zoom your TV picture for the time being.

Silver&Black
10-05-2014, 01:50 AM
Ever since the channel lineup change, I noticed that I don't get FSSW or NBA TV in HD anymore. Anyone else experiencing similar problems? I called earlier today about it and they said that no one else had complained but that they were going to look into it. Fucking assholes better fix that shit before the start of the season, tbh.

Dude I live in Mississippi and I'm with Comcast (Time Warner...same thing). I don't get NBATV in HD either...WTF. Been off for bout 2-3 days. I can get NBA TV in SD but not HD. It's not you...it's a bigger problem.

SupremeGuy
10-05-2014, 01:02 PM
lol

Im not providing customer service thru ST no. I do however work for TWC as you knowDude, what the fuck is up with NFL day games not recording? I always have them set to record and for some reason this year, they don't record unless I'm actually watching it at the same time. I fucking woke up late and pressed play, but the screen goes blank and doesn't show anything recorded. It's been happening all season. Never had this problem before.

UnWantedTheory
10-05-2014, 09:46 PM
Dude, what the fuck is up with NFL day games not recording? I always have them set to record and for some reason this year, they don't record unless I'm actually watching it at the same time. I fucking woke up late and pressed play, but the screen goes blank and doesn't show anything recorded. It's been happening all season. Never had this problem before.
Specifically NFL day games? If you are having issues recording in general it could be a bad box. Call in and schedule a trouble call so a tech can come determine what's what. If it is a headend(engineering) issue, which I doubt, technicians should most likely know about it.

SupremeGuy
10-06-2014, 07:05 AM
Yeah man, from what I've seen it's just NFL day games. lol It's weird as fuck. Everything else I set to record, records. And I say day games, cause it's let me record Sunday night and Monday night games.

Fucking TWC shitting on me :cry

manufan10
10-06-2014, 07:44 PM
Switch to Dish. :D

DJR210
10-07-2014, 01:38 AM
Yeah man, from what I've seen it's just NFL day games. lol It's weird as fuck. Everything else I set to record, records. And I say day games, cause it's let me record Sunday night and Monday night games.

Fucking TWC shitting on me :cry

Call em and demand a credit. Don't hold back on the amount you ask to be credited. Don't stop until they back down.

SupremeGuy
10-07-2014, 06:21 AM
Call em and demand a credit. Don't hold back on the amount you ask to be credited. Don't stop until they back down.I called last night and did just that, actually. They said their engineers are working on fixing the NBATV and FSSW problems and they made an appointment for some guy to come check out my box for NFL day games. lol Motherfuckers, tbh.

Hook Dem
10-07-2014, 09:28 AM
Get UVERSE!!!!!!

SupremeGuy
10-07-2014, 07:32 PM
TWC called me when I wasn't home and they told my girl that they've fixed the issue...

So I get home all excited and check, and it's the same. :bang

Has the issue been resolved for anyone?

UnWantedTheory
10-07-2014, 07:40 PM
TWC called me when I wasn't home and they told my girl that they've fixed the issue...

So I get home all excited and check, and it's the same. :bang

Has the issue been resolved for anyone?
I thought you said it was just NFL day games that was the issue? If you are referring to the lineup probs. & if they are indeed an engineering issue than a technician can not help that and it will just take time to get fixed. Also, how many weeks have you had the issue with day games not recording? That honestly doesn't sound like a TWC issue if that is the only thing not working. If it happened once than maybe there was a service issue, but it is just as likely to be a broadcast issue bro.

EDIT: Just re-read prior comments. So I now know it is an ongoing issue. I will try to dig up some info to see what could possibly be the problem. Try to reschedule the TC appt. and if they call to say they fixed it just tell them you demand a technician to come out as there are a few ongoing issues and you don't have time to go through it all on the phone.

SupremeGuy
10-07-2014, 07:43 PM
NFL day games not recording is a separate issue, tbh.

UnWantedTheory
10-07-2014, 07:48 PM
NFL day games not recording is a separate issue, tbh.
The only thing I could think of is that you may be experiencing signal issues at those particular frequencies on the channels you are attempting to record on. If that is the case a tech will definitely be needed at yo casa homie.

SupremeGuy
10-07-2014, 08:00 PM
Yeah, a tech is supposed to come by late tomorrow afternoon. I called back to tell them that I'm still not getting NBATV and FSSW in HD and now it sounds like they don't believe me or something. lol It's actually a good thing the tech is coming by so that he can confirm my problems and so that they can't stop giving me the run around and shit.

manufan10
10-07-2014, 08:44 PM
Yeah, a tech is supposed to come by late tomorrow afternoon. I called back to tell them that I'm still not getting NBATV and FSSW in HD and now it sounds like they don't believe me or something. lol It's actually a good thing the tech is coming by so that he can confirm my problems and so that they can't stop giving me the run around and shit.

Have you tried looking in a different area in the guide? I know a buddy who has TWC and he found that some of his HD channels were nowhere near the SD channels.

SupremeGuy
10-07-2014, 08:47 PM
Of course lol I'm not fucking stupid.

If only it was that easy... :cry

SupremeGuy
10-11-2014, 11:14 AM
My NBATV and FSSW still aren't in HD. Is it better for anyone?

celldweller
10-16-2014, 04:55 PM
FINALLY !!! Back to HD quality (NBATV & FSSW) in the Valley !!! :toast

SupremeGuy
10-16-2014, 05:31 PM
FINALLY !!! Back to HD quality (NBATV & FSSW) in the Valley !!! :toastYou're welcome, tbh. :toast

manufan10
10-16-2014, 05:45 PM
Of course lol I'm not fucking stupid.

If only it was that easy... :cry

:lol Well, apparently my buddy is.

SupremeGuy
10-16-2014, 06:02 PM
:lol Well, apparently my buddy is.We all have that friend, tbh. :lol

SupremeGuy
10-16-2014, 06:21 PM
For anyone that was having problems, call and bitch at TWC and see if they'll comp you anything for this past month. They hooked me up with a 100 bucks on my next bill. Not great, but better than nothing.

FkLA
10-17-2014, 08:17 PM
Is anybody in SA still dealing with this BS? The UTSA game is on FSSW tomorrow and it's still standard definition. :pctoss

SupremeGuy
10-18-2014, 05:51 AM
Is anybody in SA still dealing with this BS? The UTSA game is on FSSW tomorrow and it's still standard definition. :pctossOh fuck, seriously? That blows. The channels are in HD down here but now we're dealing with TV guide issues on NBATV. lol It says that the channel is signed off so you can't set anything to record.

exstatic
10-18-2014, 09:44 AM
Is anybody in SA still dealing with this BS? The UTSA game is on FSSW tomorrow and it's still standard definition. :pctoss

Yeah, it doesn't even say HD on the channel name. Considering the price creep we are subjected to every year, I do NOT expect service degradation.

SupremeGuy
10-18-2014, 09:56 AM
It doesn't say HD on mine either but it is. Sucks for you guys. Just keep calling and bitching. Before I called, they said no one had even reported a problem.

FkLA
10-18-2014, 06:41 PM
Yep the guy I spoke to said it was the first he had heard of it. Even thought the issue was that the current programming was SD (HS football have was on), even though I explained to him it was SD 24/7.

I know a couple UTSA fans were complaining about it too so they should be aware of the issue by now. Might call later and try to get a credit. :lol

ChumpDumper
10-18-2014, 09:08 PM
If it's anything like Austin, they are changing things around to where there are not SD streams for channels that come in HD anymore. Which probably means your internet speeds are going up soon.

So....hooray? Might be awhile before Google Fiber gets down there.