PDA

View Full Version : spiders/snakes

Avante
10-03-2014, 10:17 PM
In football we had NYGiants cornerback Earl "Spider" Lockhart. In track Washington hurdler Robert "Spider" Gaines.

In music...

"Mean Red Spider" Muddy Waters

"Spider's Nest Blues" Memphis Jug Band

The Richmond football team....The Spiders.

Singer/song writer "Spider" Koerner

Then we had Raiders QB, Kenny "The Snake" Stabler.

"Rattlesnake Blues" Charley Patton

"Crawling King Snake" Big Joe Williams, Tony Hollins, John Lee Hooker, The Doors, John Hammond.

Florida A&M sports teams...The Rattlers.

"Black Snake Moan" Blind Lemon Jefferson, Martha Copeland, Ramblin' Jack Elliott

'"Snake Song" Townes Van Zandt

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i247aXi9V6Y

DeadlyDynasty
10-03-2014, 10:24 PM
http://www.letoilemagazine.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/Mashed-Potatoes-e1364832594131.jpeg

Avante
10-03-2014, 10:31 PM
I'm sorry I just have a hard time....

I like pussy how about you?

TROLLS..!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!

I have a hard on.

Ever fell asleep wacking off?

Pepsi over Coke?

Was Hitler gay?

Your favorire blonde?

Best Clint Eastwood movie?

mrsmaalox
10-03-2014, 11:40 PM
Spiders totally creep me out. But I hate centipedes and scorpions more. I'm not a big fan of snakes either, my cats frequently bring them home, all sizes. And usually I'm the only one at home to deal with it, so it's still a huge drama but I have gotten a bit braver with those creatures.

Thread
10-03-2014, 11:43 PM
I've read somewhere that anti rattlesnake venom in the ER costs in excess of 20K per vial and it may take 5-10 vials to get it to neutralize the venom.

Avante
10-04-2014, 12:00 AM
Spiders totally creep me out. But I hate centipedes and scorpions more. I'm not a big fan of snakes either, my cats frequently bring them home, all sizes. And usually I'm the only one at home to deal with it, so it's still a huge drama but I have gotten a bit braver with those creatures.

Have never seen a scorpion out in the wild, and only a few of those small blue centipedes under rocks. Lucky you!

Spiders are cool, and amazing little creatures. How they make a wed between rows of grapes ....???? How do they do that? Obviously nobody likes the black widow but they do look pretty cool. Have no idea what a brown recluse looks like. We do have the small black tyrantuala around here, been ages since I 've seen one.

Snakes don't scare me at all other than the ones we all fear.

Avante
10-04-2014, 12:06 AM
I've read somewhere that anti rattlesnake venom in the ER costs in excess of 20K per vial and it may take 5-10 vials to get it to neutralize the venom.

I came across a snake in the road a few months ago, I guess it was a garter snake, but it shook it's tail with no rattlers. Vibrated the tail just like a rattler, this was no rattler.

Weird!

Franklin
10-04-2014, 12:06 AM
goods and bads with living in countryside imho. You get more living room and feel closer to mother nature living outside of the urban area but at the same time you have to be prepared for the invasion of such unwelcome guests like a snake, spider or a scorpion etc...

Avante
10-04-2014, 12:18 AM
goods and bads with living in countryside imho. You get more living room and feel closer to mother nature living outside of the urban area but at the same time you have to be prepared for the invasion of such unwelcome guests like a snake, spider or a scorpion etc...

I grew up in the country just not in the mountains.

I was just a little kid when while watching the rasslin' with one of my grandma's this....thing...ran across the floor. It was unlike anything I'd ever seen before. So I jumped up dumped my coke and put the glass over it. What was this thing? So I got a mason jar scooped it up into it, as I'm thinking..."what a scarey looking whatever". I took it to school and nobody had a clue what this thing was, nobody had ever seen one before. Obviously I kept it away from the teachers.

So I bring it back home. I hadn't shown my parents because they'd make me kill it. But, being curious about what this monster was I finally showed my dad. He was surprised but......that's a camel spider, have never seen one around here before.

To this day I have never seen another one other than.....(the one I had was a lot smaller)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ommiDuKb8iE

100%duncan
10-04-2014, 02:03 AM
Im afraid of snakes tbh

The Reckoning
10-04-2014, 02:52 AM
i'm still not used to huge ass huntsman spiders. no fucking thanks man.

Avante
10-04-2014, 04:28 PM
Me and a buddy (long ago) were up in the hills checking on his pot plants when a big wolf spider ran by us, right behind him a big blue hornet. The hornet jumped the spider and after a little battle there layed the spider. The Hornet picked him/her up and flew away.

Cool~~~~~

DJR210
10-04-2014, 05:16 PM
i'm still not used to huge ass huntsman spiders. no fucking thanks man.

How often do they come in the house?

The Reckoning
10-04-2014, 08:19 PM
How often do they come in the house?

every now and then. they're harmless and usually just pick a nice corner to hang out in. they're as big as your fist though. people get in car wrecks all the time because they like hanging out under the visor in your car and jump out on you while you're driving.

DJR210
10-04-2014, 08:23 PM
every now and then. they're harmless and usually just pick a nice corner to hang out in. they're as big as your fist though. people get in car wrecks all the time because they like hanging out under the visor in your car and jump out on you while you're driving.

Fuck, that's some scary shit I don't fuck w/ spiders, especially one that big. There's all kinds of videos on YouTube of people catching them in their houses.

Avante
10-06-2014, 03:49 PM
The life of a male black widow, whoa!

DJR210
10-06-2014, 03:57 PM

Can't be much worse than the life you live getting abused by Judy.

Avante
10-06-2014, 04:13 PM
Can't be much worse than the life you live getting abused by Judy.

Little man, why this need to fuck with people? Why not talk about the topic of a thread...ok? Nobody gives a fuck about stupid shit you know nothing at all about. Hell, ok stupid tell me this.....does Judy have a tattoo of a blue butterfly very visable over her right breast? You don't know.

Shorty, talk about the topic...ok?

cantthinkofanything
10-06-2014, 04:36 PM

What would be really fucked up is that if when you had to pee pee, small spiders started shooting out of your weenie.

Avante
10-06-2014, 05:14 PM
What would be really fucked up is that if when you had to pee pee, small spiders started shooting out of your weenie.

At what point does it hit you that nobody here is 14?

mouse
10-06-2014, 05:20 PM
1998 tweeted to say they want their topic back.

Just busting your chops... brah

:smokin

Ok LadtSpur you have now have the green light to bring back your classic "Baked potatoes or fries" topic..

:lmao

cantthinkofanything
10-07-2014, 01:50 AM
At what point does it hit you that nobody here is 14?That seems unlikely.

Avante
10-07-2014, 02:03 AM
That seems unlikely.

Your problem is you work too hard at..."see me everyone ain't I funny"...instead of actually talking to me/anyone. You make it too obvious.

If we were just talking what would you say about my mom, yep....nothing...right? Stop working the audience it's stupid...ok

The Reckoning
10-07-2014, 04:30 AM
Your problem is you work too hard at..."see me everyone ain't I funny"...instead of actually talking to me/anyone. You make it too obvious.

If we were just talking what would you say about my mom, yep....nothing...right? Stop working the audience it's stupid...ok

i'd tell you she makes a mean casserole

cantthinkofanything
10-07-2014, 08:43 AM

Ok. Let's talk spiders and snakes. Spiders are fucked up and can fuck you up. We had a guy working on our pool and he was wearing gloves. Even though no one asked, he said he always wears gloves now because a spider bit him. He pulled off a glove and showed us this place that had obviously been really fucked up. He said a little fuzzy spider bit him at the base of his thumb. It wasn't a black widow or brown recluse but it still ended up causing his skin to get and muscle to get eaten away so that you could see the bone. And he said he never regained full movement. It sounds like a jumping spider but supposedly those don't do much damage. Maybe he was allergic or maybe it got infected but anyway...I don't like spiders much. I don't go out of my way to kill them unless they're in the house though.

manufan10
10-07-2014, 11:11 AM
WWE had Jake "The Snake" Roberts," "The Texas Rattlesnake" Stone Cold Steve Austin, and "The Viper" Randy Orton... off the top of my head.

manufan10
10-07-2014, 11:11 AM
BTW, I hate snakes. They freak me out.

The Gemini Method
10-07-2014, 04:28 PM
We had a neighbor growing up who worked for Animal Control and he was known as Snakes because he had rescued so many snakes and was a certified breeder of other domesticated species like the ball python and the rainbow boa. I remember he would open up his house up to visitors and you'd see an array of snakes. He also had a off limits area and that's where he'd house the rescued venomous snakes people would collect. Cobras, rattlesnakes, anacondas, saipans, and even mambas. Shit was crazy.

Avante
10-08-2014, 12:09 PM
WWE had Jake "The Snake" Roberts," "The Texas Rattlesnake" Stone Cold Steve Austin, and "The Viper" Randy Orton... off the top of my head.

Good ones!

Critters and pro rasslin'

Mad Dog Vachon
Bulldog Brower
The Fabulous Kangaroos
Gorilla Monsoon
The Zebra Kid
King Kong Bundy
The Cheetah Kid
Tiger Conway
Moose Cholak
Leo "Lion" Nomellini
Bronko Lubrich
"Wild" Bull Curry
Don Eagle
The Sheepherders
Rip Hawk
Moose Evans

johnsmith
10-08-2014, 02:19 PM

How insightful.