PDA

View Full Version : Nicholas Cage's new movie Left Behind, is getting shredded by media, critics, & fans

Thebesteva
10-04-2014, 03:16 AM
:lol I didnt even know this movie was coming out, Yahoo and CNN is claiming its supposedly so bad that its an accomplishment to watch it in its entirety.

2% on Rotten Tomatoes
4 out of 10 on IMDB

This is not photoshopped, its actually the movie cover :lol

http://www.leftbehindmovie.com/assets/uploads/2013/11/47_LeftBehind_poster_web.jpg

The Reckoning
10-04-2014, 03:36 AM
i thought this was a TV show or something like that

anakha
10-04-2014, 05:25 AM
In other news, the sky is blue.

mouse
10-04-2014, 07:16 AM
Nicolas Cage Faith-Based Thriller ‘Left Behind’ Producers Sued Over $18 Million in Advertising Costs

http://www.thewrap.com/nicolas-cage-faith-based-thriller-left-behind-producers-sued-over-18-million-in-advertising-costs

jeebus
10-04-2014, 08:10 AM
Poor Nic Cage. He's taking this new millennium thing pretty hard since he hasn't made a good movie in 15 years or so. If anyone misses the 90s, it's him.

Trainwreck2100
10-04-2014, 08:24 AM
Kirk cameron must be upset

DJR210
10-04-2014, 10:00 AM
Kirk cameron must be upset

:lol is it the same shit?

JMarkJohns
10-04-2014, 10:09 AM
Shitty books shouldn't be made into shitty movies by shitty screenwriters who hire shitty actors to be directed by shitty directors.

The books were an insult to intelligence (well, I only read the first).

Never saw the first film, and I certainly will not be watching this one.

But RT had a clever review: "Score one for Satan."

Dreck like this likely will have a hilarious and ironic reverse effect than intended desire.

Even the notion behind the series is unbiblical since the book they use as inspiration speaks down on the end-of-days interpreters, prophets, fiction-tellers.

Hope this really is the worst film ever.

boutons_deux
10-04-2014, 10:23 AM
dumbass Bible-thumpers gonna blow $10Ms seeing this shit.

spurs_fan_in_exile
10-04-2014, 10:26 AM
The few reviews I've read have said that they were expecting shit but also counting on at a few of Cage's batshit insane line readings to spice it up with some unintentional hilarity. Instead Cage either picked the worst time to try to play things straight or he knew this was such shit that he wasn't going to even muster the slightest hint of effort.

InRareForm
10-04-2014, 11:22 AM
view it as a comedy tbh...

RsxPiimp
10-04-2014, 11:38 AM
Poor Nic Cage. He's taking this new millennium thing pretty hard since he hasn't made a good movie in 15 years or so. If anyone misses the 90s, it's him.

Some of his indie or low budget films recently were actually better than his older movies.

Cage hasn't changed, but his choice of film and scripts has been his downfall. Kinda remind me of Cuba Gooding JR who never recovered after Jerry Maguire.

It's got to a point where not even a Superhero movie can resurrect his career.

boutons_deux
10-04-2014, 12:00 PM
NC declared bankruptcy a few years ago. I guess he's not choosy about scripts, films as long as he collects a few $100K or $Ms.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nicolas_Cage#Real_estate_and_tax_problems (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nicolas_Cage)

Strange Love
10-04-2014, 07:02 PM
"The end begins"

It's been here for a while for Cagey.

Incidentally I really liked Adaptation and The Whether man. Anything else has just being pretty unwatchable.

Thebesteva
10-04-2014, 07:03 PM
"The end begins"

It's been here for a while for Cagey.

Incidentally I really liked Adaptation and The Whether man. Anything else has just being pretty unwatchable.

He was really solid in some films, granted an overactor, but fun to watch. The Rock, Family Man, Face-Off were all fun movies

DMC
10-04-2014, 07:57 PM
He got in over his head in debt from buying castles and shit and has been putting out shit movies for a long time. It happens to a lot of Hollywood types, especially those who got into the business through connections.

Strange Love
10-04-2014, 07:58 PM
He was really solid in some films, granted an overactor, but fun to watch. The Rock, Family Man, Face-Off were all fun movies

True.

I mean his movies from the 00s onward. Lord of War is another decent one.

Franklin
10-04-2014, 08:09 PM
DMC speaks the truth, I know now why Cage accepted to play a minor role (not cameo appearance) in Kickass.

Leetonidas
10-06-2014, 12:25 PM
Maybe he's a closet atheist trolling the christian community with terrible religious films :lol