PDA

View Full Version : What the hell?

RD2191
10-05-2014, 09:29 PM
So I'm pretty ignorant when it comes to political issues. I have never voted and never intend to. Anyways, can anyone please give me a summary of what is going on in Syria/Iraq the middle east? Who is fighting who? What is ISIS? A terrorist group? What is the US doing? What should they be doing? Any info would be greatly appreciated. Yes, I can Google this but it's a shitload of info, tbh. I just want the main points if anyone can provide them.

RD2191
10-05-2014, 09:50 PM
:wakeup

spurraider21
10-05-2014, 10:05 PM
nobody knows, but i'm sure boutons will say something about repugs causing it

RD2191
10-05-2014, 10:06 PM
:lol

RD2191
10-05-2014, 10:40 PM
Thanks everyone for all the great info. :lol

m>s
10-05-2014, 10:41 PM
The U.S. was funding and arming a terrorist group now called ISIS to topple president assad in Syria. Once the story blew wide open what we were doing and the people said no to invasion, they came public and admitted that there were terrorists fighting in Syria but tried to distance them from this supposed "other" group of supposed good guys in Syria called the "free syrian army." That's when you started hearing about this "ISIS"

im not really sure what their plans are now, I think the creation of ISIS and their rise to fame was all a ploy to get us into the syrian theatre since previous measures didn't work. We will know for sure if assad randomly "shoots down one of our planes" and we start bombing both sides.

RD2191
10-05-2014, 10:45 PM
The U.S. was funding and arming a terrorist group now called ISIS to topple president assad in Syria. Once the story blew wide open what we were doing and the people said no to invasion, they came public and admitted that there were terrorists fighting in Syria but tried to distance them from this supposed "other" group of supposed good guys in Syria called the "free syrian army." That's when you started hearing about this "ISIS"

im not really sure what their plans are now, I think the creation of ISIS and their rise to fame was all a ploy to get us into the syrian theatre since previous measures didn't work. We will know for sure if assad randomly "shoots down one of our planes" and we start bombing both sides.
Ho lee shit if true.

m>s
10-05-2014, 10:53 PM
I'm rooting for president assad so fucking hard. Under him, syrian Christians lived in peace like they have for thousands of years. ISIS came in with US weaponry and started beheading and massacring whole villages. Fuck those guys.

syria is important because they form part of a counter balance of US influence in the Middle East along with Iran and russia. This is all one huge proxy war with all sides sending aid and assistance.

ChumpDumper
10-05-2014, 11:34 PM
lol

Cry Havoc
10-06-2014, 01:53 AM
Ho lee shit if true.

:lol at believing anything m>s says.

boutons_deux
10-06-2014, 05:30 AM

Repugs BROKE the Middle East, the Repugs OWN THEIR Middle East.

100Ks of dead, maimed US and other people say, Thanks, Repugs!

DisAsTerBot
10-06-2014, 09:15 AM
pity post for pathetic thread

Cry Havoc
10-06-2014, 10:35 AM
Thanks everyone for all the great info. :lol

There are thousands of articles online that can encapsulate it fairly well, although it's a very complex situation. Just google "summary of Syria crisis" and "summary of ISIS conflict" and you'll be fine.

KoolAid Mans Brother
10-06-2014, 11:25 AM
So I'm pretty ignorant

That's all you had to type.

RD2191
10-06-2014, 11:26 AM
That's all you had to type.
I don't understand faggot. Sorry.

RD2191
10-06-2014, 11:27 AM
There are thousands of articles online that can encapsulate it fairly well, although it's a very complex situation. Just google "summary of Syria crisis" and "summary of ISIS conflict" and you'll be fine.
Yeah, looks like that's what I'm going to have to do. :lol

spurraider21
10-06-2014, 11:33 PM
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=summary+of+what+is+going+on+in+syria+and+middle +east

:bobo

TDMVPDPOY
10-07-2014, 12:07 AM
ISIS or ISIL is different then alqueda...yet last few days reported in news taliban tribes are joining with isis...

Infinite_limit
10-07-2014, 12:24 AM
Big picture: US has been able to topple nearly every Regime they eye balled in the region. Syria is proving to be a bigger pest.

Nbadan
10-07-2014, 01:19 AM
As boutons would say...Syria is fucked and unfuckable...

TDMVPDPOY
10-07-2014, 01:34 AM
nothing beats dropping random bombs in the middle of nowhere with no terrorists in sight

then writing an invoice to t he taxpayer need more funds....

spurraider21
10-07-2014, 01:57 AM
As boutons would say...
anything that follows that phrase is pretty suspect

HI-FI
10-07-2014, 01:57 AM
Yeah, looks like that's what I'm going to have to do. :lol
M>s presents some interesting perspective on it. hard to take the official word seriously when we (US) were trying hard to bomb Syria, accusing them of gassing their own people. iirc, that still hasn't been linked to Assad, and I always believed it was the rebels/terrorists themselves. who knows in the end, so much bullshit to wade through. it's like how John Kerry was calling Assad the Hitler of the Middle East, then someone released recent photos of Kerry and his wife having a nice dinner in London with Assad and his wife :lol.

spurraider21
10-07-2014, 01:59 AM
when it comes to these nutjob foreigners i prefer the Ron Paul approach

m>s
10-07-2014, 07:57 AM
M>s presents some interesting perspective on it. hard to take the official word seriously when we (US) were trying hard to bomb Syria, accusing them of gassing their own people. iirc, that still hasn't been linked to Assad, and I always believed it was the rebels/terrorists themselves. who knows in the end, so much bullshit to wade through. it's like how John Kerry was calling Assad the Hitler of the Middle East, then someone released recent photos of Kerry and his wife having a nice dinner in London with Assad and his wife :lol.
Yep, the rebels were caught red handed with chemical weapons supplied by Saudi arabia. The blew one up on themselves and admitted it was mishandled and done unintentionally.

Aztecfan03
10-07-2014, 03:54 PM
Repugs BROKE the Middle East, the Repugs OWN THEIR Middle East.

100Ks of dead, maimed US and other people say, Thanks, Repugs!

Yes Clinton, Carter, Obama have done nothing wrong over there and nothing is their fault at all. Same with all the Democrats in Congress.

boutons_deux
10-07-2014, 04:23 PM
Yes Clinton, Carter, Obama have done nothing wrong over there and nothing is their fault at all. Same with all the Democrats in Congress.

bullshit FALSE EQUIVALENCE. Your Repug team EATS SHIT

Repugs BROKE the Middle East FOR OIL, the Repugs OWN THEIR Middle East.

Clinton tried to OBL, the Repugs totally ignored OBL and terrorism COMPLETELY until 9/11.

TeyshaBlue
10-07-2014, 05:37 PM
:lol unhinged boutons

boutons_deux
10-07-2014, 07:09 PM
:lol unhinged boutons

TB :lol content-free, nothing to say, coward, stalking The Great Boutons

TeyshaBlue
10-07-2014, 07:27 PM
:lol go back to your rss feed and follow your orders.
:lol "Great"
:lol confusing stalking with mocking.
:lol Delusions

boutons_deux
10-07-2014, 08:56 PM
:lol go back to your rss feed and follow your orders.
:lol "Great"
:lol confusing stalking with mocking.
:lol Delusions

see, NOTHING to say, just bullshit after bullshit after bullshit

TeyshaBlue
10-07-2014, 09:10 PM
Just like your cut and paste fiesta. :lol
:lol unhinged

celticfan
10-07-2014, 09:18 PM
bullshit FALSE EQUIVALENCE. Your Repug team EATS SHIT

Repugs BROKE the Middle East FOR OIL, the Repugs OWN THEIR Middle East.

Clinton tried to OBL, the Repugs totally ignored OBL and terrorism COMPLETELY until 9/11.

Good lord shut the fuck up.