PDA

View Full Version : UK Wildcat players working out for the Spurs?

Wildcat Spur
08-25-2005, 09:16 AM
FWIW,

Some sources on one of the University of Kentucky boards I frequent stated this morning that former Kentucky Wildcats Eric Daniels (who played for SAC last season) and Chuck Hayes (undrafted Class of 2005) are going to work out for the Spurs.

Not sure this means anything but thought it might be worth bringing up here.

Solid D
08-25-2005, 09:32 AM
FWIW,

Some sources on one of the University of Kentucky boards I frequent stated this morning that former Kentucky Wildcats Eric Daniels (who played for SAC last season) and Chuck Hayes (undrafted Class of 2005) are going to work out for the Spurs.

Not sure this means anything but thought it might be worth bringing up here.

Thanks for the insight. I haven't seen either one of those players mentioned around here. Perhaps a Nazr alumni connection.

Wildcat Spur
08-25-2005, 09:52 AM
I think the Nazr connection may have something to do with it.

Daniels surprised me by making the Kings last season. I never expected him to be a pro.

Hayes is an undersized player (6'9" or so) but plays with is heart on the floor at all times. His teams were always winners and he is a "Spurs type" player. Big heart, plays hard, plays D, rebounds, great team guy.

I doubt either will catch on, but UK players tend to fit the Spurs mold, due to the similarity in the programs.