PDA

View Full Version : NBA: Would the NBA go bankrupt if they had a Royals-Orioles type matchup in a CF?

Jacob1983
10-06-2014, 02:13 AM
I am proud of baseball for giving small(er) markets like the Royals and Orioles at least a chance to be competitive and do well in the playoffs. I wish it was like this in the NBA. It would be awesome.

What would be the side effects if there two small market teams in a CF or Finals? Don't say the Spurs or OKC. Not small markets in my opinion.

daslicer
10-06-2014, 02:27 AM
Granted ratings would be low and not much money would be made by that finals type of matchup but I'm going to say no because it would have to happen every year for it to go bankrupt. Also the league would have to be devoid of stars in the top markets which is also highly unlikely to happen.

Jacob1983
10-06-2014, 02:32 AM
You're going to tell me that a Kings-Jazz WCF wouldn't do damage to the NBA? Or how about a Bucks-Hawks ECF?

spurraider21
10-06-2014, 02:33 AM
spurs played the pistons and cavs... that wasn't exactly a ratings bonanza

Sean Cagney
10-06-2014, 03:08 AM
I love the Orioles man, so damn proud of them right now and I hope they make it.
spurs played the pistons and cavs... that wasn't exactly a ratings bonanza

Spurs played the Jazz in the 07 WCF for Gods sakes :lol

TDMVPDPOY
10-06-2014, 03:17 AM
the leastern playoffs has been a joke for a couple of years now

yet the nba is still in business even with those shitty teams who have no business playin playoffs with below .400 record

Silver&Black
10-06-2014, 03:43 AM
The Association survived Spurs vs. Nets...it can survive anything.

Killakobe81
10-06-2014, 07:24 AM
What?! Baseball has the worst competitive balance of the four major sports in regards to restrictions of salary and team salary caps. Sometimes despite those disdvantages teams draft well (A's, Royals) or make savvy moves (O's stealing Nelly Cruz). funny thing is the teams that spent crazy or traded assets for the post-season run A's, angels and probably Dodgers are the ones getting beat by smaller or mid market teams (o's arent small market tbh) with lower payrolls. Sometimes drafting, scouting and coaching trumps money spent.

I just dont get why you are giving MLB, credit for luck, dumb spending or wise drafting by teams. MLB didnt have shit to do with Royals vs. O's

Killakobe81
10-06-2014, 07:26 AM
And NBA will be fine. It will very likely be Cavs vs. Spurs/OKC in the Finals. YEs, Lebron is the biggest star in the game and that helps. And Cavs are the "heatles" 2.0 ...but NBA can do fine with small market conference or NBA finals it's a star driven league anyways ..