PDA

View Full Version : Ayres Article

SpurPadre
10-06-2014, 06:33 PM
Just to get us in the Halloween spirit, here's a scary story on Ayres cracking the rotation:

http://bleacherreport.com/tb/df67m?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=newsletter&utm_campaign=san-antonio-spurs

jeebus
10-06-2014, 06:54 PM
lol.

when you start a column with empty stats from mostly garbage time minutes, your article is off to a bad start. I think Penderfag had one non shitty game against a non shitty team last season(possibly the uh huh game?) that didn't consist of him coming in and being ignored by everyone.

Dex
10-06-2014, 06:55 PM
Just to get us in the Halloween spirit, here's a scary story on Ayres cracking the rotation:

:lol

anakha
10-06-2014, 06:57 PM
Ayers aside, that article really could have used a lot of editing.

I felt like I was rereading the same material from earlier in the article near the end.

Kool Bob Love
10-06-2014, 07:00 PM
Spurs didn't win until Ayres made the roster. Most underrated player on the team.

DesignatedT
10-06-2014, 07:03 PM
:lol

Ayres will be better this year but the ceiling is still extremely low for him.

SpurPadre
10-06-2014, 07:13 PM
Yeah, it's a shitty article but it still scares the fuck out of me that he can still realistically crack the roster once again. Oh well, as long as he's only there for mop up duty.

Russ
10-06-2014, 07:18 PM
Jeff Ayres has to be the most maligned member of that family since this guy . . .

http://www.secretsofthefed.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/bill-ayers-ayers-leftist-terrorist-obama-politics-1311855830.jpg

Dre_7
10-06-2014, 08:35 PM
If Ayers can help keep Duncan rested and healthy for the playoffs I don't see how people can complain. It is not like he plays heavy minutes in the post season, when it really matters.

mkurts
10-06-2014, 08:40 PM
Can Ayres finally catch a pass, that is the million dollar question

Russ
10-06-2014, 08:42 PM
Can Ayres finally catch a pass, that is the million dollar question

Hit him in the chest so he can fold his elbows around it.

Spur|n|Austin
10-06-2014, 10:50 PM

http://bleacherreport.com/tb/df67m?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=newsletter&utm_campaign=san-antonio-spurs

http://8tracks.imgix.net/i/000/767/421/tumblr_mu22utnPj41qchypmo1_500-2460.png?q=65&sharp=15&vib=10&fm=jpg&fit=crop&w=521&h=521

scanry
10-06-2014, 11:12 PM
IF errors cracks the rotation, we may see the last of jeebus tbh. That was his whole identity this past season.

jeebus
10-07-2014, 05:37 AM
IF errors cracks the rotation, we may see the last of jeebus tbh. That was his whole identity this past season.
tbh he cracked the rotation last year and we all saw how that went down. it brought the forum together in mocking that shit stain.

SupremeGuy
10-07-2014, 06:32 AM
He has to be better than last year just because he sucked so much last year. If he could learn to catch the ball, him and Baynes would be pretty decent minute-eaters.

100%duncan
10-07-2014, 09:23 AM

:lmao

10-07-2014, 10:08 AM
He has to be better than last year just because he sucked so much last year. If he could learn to catch the ball, him and Baynes would be pretty decent minute-eaters.
Let us not forget how terrible he was on D. A human traffic cone, to be generous.

ChumpDumper
10-07-2014, 10:21 AM
tbh he cracked the rotation last year and we all saw how that went down.http://i.cdn.turner.com/drp/nba/spurs/sites/default/files/styles/main_gallery_photo__480_tall/public/140920_spurs_trophy_tour_arizona_5.jpg?itok=poVzKk a_
lol

ginobilized
10-07-2014, 04:37 PM
I'm with the rest of y'all in Ayre-ing on the side of caution. There could be worse 5th bigs and his attitude seems to be good.
AND, to my knowledge, he did not fumble the LOB trophy, so we've got that going for us, which is nice.

exstatic
10-07-2014, 08:26 PM
I'm with the rest of y'all in Ayre-ing on the side of caution. There could be worse 5th bigs and his attitude seems to be good.
AND, to my knowledge, he did not fumble the LOB trophy, so we've got that going for us, which is nice.

If you don't hate and ridicule Jeff Ayres, you're with almost no one on this board. Jeebus spout his hate, and about 150000 Ayres-ters fawn upon his every post.

Ice009
10-08-2014, 01:07 AM
I actually like Jeff Ayres. He's enthusiastic and has what seems like a great attitude, so as a person, he seems like a good guy to have on the team. He really does. It's just his on court contributions that I am not happy about.

It's all about Tim Duncan and that is why I'm usually hard on other big men that the Spurs get. Tim needs rest during the regular season and if these guys can't carry some of the load - I'm not talking about just eating minutes, but having an actual impact out there in the minutes they do get, then that puts more unneeded wear and tear on Tim and that really pisses me off.

I just want these guys to be able to help Tim out and step in and perform. Unfortunately, Jeff Ayres was atrocious a lot of the time during last season and he simply couldn't provide much of an impact in the court time he did get. He couldn't even do a simple thing like catch the ball. They don't have to perform at Tim's level - I'm not expecting that, but they also can't come out there and play like one of the bottom 15-30 players in the league. That's not helping Tim or the Spurs at all.

If he can help the team out and more importantly help Tim out by lessening his minutes, then I'm happy to have him on the team, but if he can't do that, then what is the point of him being here?

spurraider21
10-08-2014, 01:47 AM
jeff ayres commercial

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xu_bE7g2wqM

bklynspursfan
10-08-2014, 09:02 AM
If Ayers can help keep Duncan rested and healthy for the playoffs I don't see how people can complain. It is not like he plays heavy minutes in the post season, when it really matters.

+1.... People seem to expect so much from him for whatever reason. If nothing else, the reason you just said is reason enough to let him play more in the regular season.

Ice009
10-08-2014, 09:16 AM
+1.... People seem to expect so much from him for whatever reason. If nothing else, the reason you just said is reason enough to let him play more in the regular season.

I sure as heck expect him to be better than in the bottom 15-30 players in the NBA. That's about the level he was at last season, and that's not good enough to be on this team.

Let's put it this way, IMO if he didn't have a 2 year contract he wouldn't be here this season. Do you agree or disagree with that?

wildchild
10-08-2014, 10:09 AM
I miss game thread's Ayres father jokes, some of them were really hilarious...

Rummpd
10-08-2014, 11:51 AM
The article is just about poorly written as Ayres is as a basketball player. Unreal that both can be so deficient in talent as that writer and Mr. Ayres. Why Spurs ever picked him up vs alternatives is a mystery?

bklynspursfan
10-08-2014, 11:53 AM
I sure as heck expect him to be better than in the bottom 15-30 players in the NBA. That's about the level he was at last season, and that's not good enough to be on this team.

Let's put it this way, IMO if he didn't have a 2 year contract he wouldn't be here this season. Do you agree or disagree with that?

I agree with that. I think there's a learning curve, and guys have said that coming to the Spurs, especially for big guys. and sure some of it was just bonehead stuff by him of course, but I mean at the end of the day, he is really just there to eat up some minutes and give TD/Splitter a break. I do agree with you though, coming into his 2nd season with us, I would expect him to be better and show more familiarity with the system and higher IQ plays.

Obstructed_View
10-08-2014, 12:30 PM
Jeff Ayres is the comic sans of Spurs players. One person doesn't like him and everyone else piles on because it makes them feel like they actually have an opinion of their own.

exstatic
10-08-2014, 12:40 PM

Pop played Ayres more, and his advanced stats were better than Baynes' so, dropped passes notwithstanding, he'd probably be here anyway.

Ice009
10-08-2014, 10:49 PM
Pop played Ayres more, and his advanced stats were better than Baynes' so, dropped passes notwithstanding, he'd probably be here anyway.

No he wouldn't. If he had a one year deal, he'd be gone.

Couldn't even get court time today. Horrible player. He brings no Basketball value to the team. He's a good teammate and seems like a decent person, but that's about all I have seen from him.

Also, no thanks, not interested in your analogy of him playing Ayres over Baynes last season. I don't think Baynes is great either. I wanted him on the team as an enforcer and backup center against bigger teams with bigger centers. Pop played numerous players over Splitter and none of them were better. I don't bend over like some of you guys do to the FO. I wanted Splitter in ahead of all those players in his first season here and Pop didn't do it. This is a guy who was playing Bonner and Blair ahead of Splitter. Sorry, I disagree with your assessment.

mkurts
10-08-2014, 11:00 PM
Actually what does Ayres bring to the team apart from advanced stats Hollinger-wise ?

ChumpDumper
10-08-2014, 11:25 PM
No he wouldn't. If he had a one year deal, he'd be gone.

Couldn't even get court time today. Horrible player. He brings no Basketball value to the team. He's a good teammate and seems like a decent person, but that's about all I have seen from him.

Also, no thanks, not interested in your analogy of him playing Ayres over Baynes last season. I don't think Baynes is great either. I wanted him on the team as an enforcer and backup center against bigger teams with bigger centers. Pop played numerous players over Splitter and none of them were better. I don't bend over like some of you guys do to the FO. I wanted Splitter in ahead of all those players in his first season here and Pop didn't do it. This is a guy who was playing Bonner and Blair ahead of Splitter. Sorry, I disagree with your assessment.
Thanks, coach!