PDA

View Full Version : Comcast tattles on noisy customer, gets him fired.

Winehole23
10-08-2014, 09:43 AM
When you complain to your cable company, you certainly don’t expect that the cable company will then contact your employer and discuss your complaint. But that’s exactly what happened to one former Comcast customer who says he was fired after the cable company called a partner at his accounting firm.http://consumerist.com/2014/10/06/unhappy-customer-comcast-told-my-employer-about-complaint-got-me-fired/

Winehole23
10-08-2014, 09:43 AM
When he was fired, Conal’s employer explained that the reason for the dismissal was an e-mail from Comcast that summarized conversations between Conal and Comcast employees.

DJR210
10-08-2014, 11:05 AM
:lmao this is great

That's what you get for thinking you can talk to customer service anyway you want

The Reckoning
10-08-2014, 12:33 PM
comcast sucks BUT i know of people who feel like they can say whatever the fuck they want to customer service. they yell and holler at them and before they hang up usually say "and learn how to speak english next time." this guy was probably one of those.

m>s
10-08-2014, 01:09 PM
Sounds like a bunch of angry customer service nerds in here. You don't contact a customers employer and get then fired because he was upset about your subpar service. I hope he sues.

lefty
10-08-2014, 01:29 PM
Im sorry but you dont contact your customer employer

JMarkJohns
10-08-2014, 01:34 PM
Outside of a physical threat or hate speech, I can't see any justification for reporting the individual to his employer. The article paints a broad picture of neglect and ill-service, with many attempts to fix on his end, only to never receive a solution. So, he gets upset. He has that right when he's being charged several thousand dollars for services he never requested/received and with no indication they were competent or willing to fix it.

Lastly, seems excessively foolish to fuck with your customers. It sends a horrible message, and opens the door for lawsuits. And, most people have had at least one shitty customer service experience to draw from, or hate the excessive charges from Cable/Internet companies, so if this ever made it to a jury, Comcast risks costs far exceeding the initial mischarges.

If the idiot went full retard, sure, report to police, but his job?

JoeTait75
10-08-2014, 01:46 PM
Comcast is notorious for having some of the worst customer service of any company, cable or otherwise. Doesn't surprise me that a story like this generates from that company. And speaking as someone with a long history in customer service, you'd better have a thick skin. Sometimes customers are going to yell, use bad language, etc. Goes with the territory.

Trainwreck2100
10-08-2014, 02:14 PM
From what I read in the article comcast might do business with that guys former employer