PDA

View Full Version : Danny Green's apology & Kawhi analysis (Spurs getting recognized)

Kyl3
10-08-2014, 02:07 PM
I don't know if this has already been posted or not. Just thought a few of you might find it interesting. I was checking my email when I stumbled upon the two stories on the front page of yahoo.

http://i.imgur.com/5eEljae.jpg?1
That was the page. (Two links to the stories below)

DG- http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ball-dont-lie/danny-green-apologizes-for--lol--caption-on-holocaust-selfie-he-took-during-spurs--trip-to-berlin-164431193.html

KL- http://www.poundingtherock.com/2014/10/7/6943737/kawhi-leonard-great-basketball-player-or-great-system-player

Kyl3
10-08-2014, 02:11 PM
BTW, I know the Kawhi story is something we've all known for awhile now. Not much really new there.

Mr. Body
10-08-2014, 02:29 PM
God fucking damn it. Do we have to get our panties in a bunch about EVERY FUCKING THING ON THE PLANET???

Baam
10-08-2014, 02:34 PM
Green should have told them to fuck off tbh.

Kawhi
10-08-2014, 02:36 PM
lol #holocaust

spurs1990
10-08-2014, 03:00 PM
DG now knows the third rail.

Don't say, write, or think anything even remotely on the border of "anti semetic" language.

Now off course if it's on the other foot, that's a whole other story. .. Sterling, Levenson.

Shastafarian
10-08-2014, 03:05 PM

Don't say, write, or think anything even remotely on the border of "anti semetic" language.

Now off course if it's on the other foot, that's a whole other story. .. Sterling, Levenson.

You're right. Danny green gets to keep his job. Sterling and Levenson both lost their teams. Quality analysis :tu

Bill_Brasky
10-08-2014, 03:09 PM
lol #holocaust

SpursFan86
10-08-2014, 03:11 PM
It's not "anti-semitic"...it's just flat-out stupid and comes off as insensitive. Not a huge deal, and I'm sure it wasn't malicious. Just a bad decision by Green.

SpurPadre
10-08-2014, 03:18 PM
You're right. Danny green gets to keep his job. Sterling and Levenson both lost their teams. Quality analysis :tu

Green obviously didn't mean ill will while Sterling did so not an accurate comparison. It was a dumb mistake but he owned up to it like a man and apologized.

Shastafarian
10-08-2014, 03:19 PM
Green obviously didn't mean ill will while Sterling did so not an accurate comparison.

I agree the initial mention by spurs1990 of Sterling and Levenson was not an accurate comparison. As SpursFan86 said, it wasn't malicious. Just stupid.

SpurPadre
10-08-2014, 03:22 PM
I agree the initial mention by spurs1990 of Sterling and Levenson was not an accurate comparison. As SpursFan86 said, it wasn't malicious. Just stupid.

This is a case where I'm ok with ESPN ignoring us, lol.

Shastafarian
10-08-2014, 03:26 PM
If a no name sorority girl gets nation coverage for taking a smiling selfie at Auschwitz, Danny Green was gonna get national attention for lol #holocaust. Moronic decision.

Chinook
10-08-2014, 03:32 PM
If a no name sorority girl gets nation coverage for taking a smiling selfie at Auschwitz, Danny Green was gonna get national attention for lol #holocaust. Moronic decision.

It happens all the time. I saw girls doing duckfaces in front of the 9/11 memorial. I can't see this being an issue. Had Green actually said "LOL #holocaust" as the entirety of his post, that would be one thing. The fact that "lol" didn't even refer to the memorial itself is why people are blowing this out of proportion.

capek
10-08-2014, 03:35 PM
I don't know if this has already been posted or not. Just thought a few of you might find it interesting. I was checking my email when I stumbled upon the two stories on the front page of yahoo.

http://i.imgur.com/5eEljae.jpg?1
That was the page. (Two links to the stories below)

DG- http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ball-dont-lie/danny-green-apologizes-for--lol--caption-on-holocaust-selfie-he-took-during-spurs--trip-to-berlin-164431193.html

KL- http://www.poundingtherock.com/2014/10/7/6943737/kawhi-leonard-great-basketball-player-or-great-system-player

Dude it's just targeted advertising. Yahoo presented you with those stories because they've tracked the fact that you visit Spurs-related sites, etc. The only thing that's "getting recognized" here is a subset of your interests.

Shastafarian
10-08-2014, 03:38 PM
It happens all the time. I saw girls doing duckfaces in front of the 9/11 memorial. I can't see this being an issue. Had Green actually said "LOL #holocaust" as the entirety of his post, that would be one thing. The fact that "lol" didn't even refer to the memorial itself is why people are blowing this out of proportion.
Yeah like I said it was a stupid decision. It'll blow over. Parker doing nazi salutes did.

Kyl3
10-08-2014, 04:45 PM
Dude it's just targeted advertising. Yahoo presented you with those stories because they've tracked the fact that you visit Spurs-related sites, etc. The only thing that's "getting recognized" here is a subset of your interests.

Well I've never searched for Jodie Foster, and I wasn't signed in to my email as it shows in the picture (not sure if that even matters though). I know how effective stores and websites are at tracking your interests.
Regardless, just by typing "Danny Green" into Google, the first half dozen results are about the Berlin selfie event.
But like I said, I didn't see anything posted about it on spurstalk, so I figured I'd put it up.

703 Spurz
10-08-2014, 06:23 PM
Just came across the Danny Green story on Yahoo a few minutes ago. #1: I despise selfies. Pop, please make sure no one on the team ever takes one again unless it's Diaw toasting wine to you again. #2: What in the motherfuck was Green thinking? #holocaust. That's like lighting the wick to a bomb that will disintegrate the earth and I don't even give a shit about religion.

BatManu20
10-08-2014, 06:56 PM
Not malicious, just a dumb mistake/poor decision by Danny. Nothing to get all up in arms about though. Moving on.

timtonymanu
10-08-2014, 07:02 PM
Not malicious, just a dumb mistake/poor decision by Danny. Nothing to get all up in arms about though. Moving on.

Darius McCrary
10-08-2014, 07:42 PM
Funniest spurs story in my lifetime

#Holocaust

Danny Green is a living legend lololol

Agloco
10-08-2014, 07:53 PM
It's not "anti-semitic"...it's just flat-out stupid and comes off as insensitive. Not a huge deal, and I'm sure it wasn't malicious. Just a bad decision by Green.

This.

KaiRMD1
10-08-2014, 08:53 PM
Holocaust didn't even happen

littlecoyotecoin
10-08-2014, 08:55 PM

Danny's black. Now he knows how the rest of us have to walk on eggshells every day. Suck it up. Don't be dumb.

littlecoyotecoin
10-08-2014, 08:59 PM

You mean not everyone is getting the Yahoo! ads for the Two Girls One Cup Anniversary DVD?

SupremeGuy
10-08-2014, 09:22 PM
Green obviously didn't mean ill will while Sterling did so not an accurate comparison. It was a dumb mistake but he owned up to it like a man and apologized.So all Sterling had to do was apologize? :lol

SupremeGuy
10-08-2014, 09:24 PM
Holocaust didn't even happen:cry anti-semite :cry

Juggity
10-08-2014, 09:51 PM
DG showing off that fancy UNC education

capek
10-08-2014, 10:02 PM
You mean not everyone is getting the Yahoo! ads for the Two Girls One Cup Anniversary DVD?

Shit that's out already? Fuck amazon alerts! :lol

rmt
10-08-2014, 10:06 PM
Every one is too sensitive these days.

littlecoyotecoin
10-08-2014, 10:17 PM
Shit that's out already? Fuck amazon alerts! :lol

Interestingly enough, that is actually the title of their next release. :wakeup

SpurPadre
10-08-2014, 11:08 PM
So all Sterling had to do was apologize? :lol

LOL, never once did I indicate that. I was referring to Green. He apologized for an innocent, if stupid mistake.

SpurPadre
10-08-2014, 11:10 PM
Didn't TP and Bobo get caught up in this accidental offense toward Jews last year too?

Spur Bank
10-08-2014, 11:29 PM
http://i.imgur.com/UXctfgE.png

Kyl3
10-09-2014, 12:09 AM
http://i.imgur.com/UXctfgE.png

Damnnn

illusioNtEk
10-09-2014, 01:13 AM
MAXX MONEY

phoenix219
10-09-2014, 06:20 PM
the p.c. thought police are out in full force these days..... its ridiculous.

he obviously wasn't laughing about the holocaust. "lol" is overused constantly on line, lol! and i'd guess that it usually applies to what was written previously, lol. "you know i had to do it one time, lol" is not offensive at all. he was laughing at himself for the overindulged practice of taking "selfies" at famous places. I hate hashtags, but #Holocaust is still just referencing that he is there and that is the topic of the picture.

This is because of cell phone tech and internet abbreviations, nothing more.

So dumb.

koriwhat
10-09-2014, 08:00 PM
Fuck our pussified nation of ours... this PC bs society we have accepted as the norm is getting as bad as religious nuts pushing their agenda on us when no one asked for it.