PDA

View Full Version : ESPN: Mark Cuban Hopes to Honor Tim Duncan

BatManu20
10-08-2014, 06:29 PM
DALLAS – Mark Cuban rooted for the San Antonio Spurs (http://espn.go.com/nba/team/_/name/sa/san-antonio-spurs?ex_cid=null) to win the title after they eliminated his Dallas Mavericks (http://espn.go.com/nba/team/_/name/dal/dallas-mavericks?ex_cid=null) last season, in large part because he hoped one more ring would lead Tim Duncan (http://espn.go.com/nba/player/_/id/215/tim-duncan?ex_cid=null) to ride off into the sunset.

But Duncan didn’t retire, returning to San Antonio for his 18th season. Cuban hopes it will be Duncan’s last and would like to honor the future Hall of Famer on March 24, the Spurs’ last scheduled trip to Dallas of the season.

“If we get word that it’s his last year here, we’ll do something special,” said Cuban, who would similarly honor former Mavs Steve Nash (http://espn.go.com/nba/player/_/id/592/steve-nash?ex_cid=null) and Jason Terry (http://espn.go.com/nba/player/_/id/841/jason-terry?ex_cid=null) if they make it clear they plan to retire at the end of the season. “We did the same thing for David Robinson. I’m hoping Tim will bless us with those words. “

What kind of farewell prize might Cuban offer Duncan? The possibilities are practically limitless.

“Probably worth a salary-cap violation,” Cuban joked.

http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/mavericks/post/_/id/4703269/mark-cuban-hopes-to-honor-tim-duncan

:cry Cubes showing love for Timmy. He's a changed man

SpurPadre
10-08-2014, 07:04 PM
Nah, he hasn't changed, he's simply trying to troll us. He just can't wait 'til TD retires and we get weaker.

Chinook
10-08-2014, 07:13 PM
Cuban is good people. He's the closest thing to an Average Joe as you'll see among majority owners. He respects the hell out of Tim and Pop for giving him such a good fight all these years. Duncan and Dirk seem to feel the same way about each other.

barakz21
10-08-2014, 07:44 PM
Cuban is good people. He's the closest thing to an Average Joe as you'll see among majority owners. He respects the hell out of Tim and Pop for giving him such a good fight all these years. Duncan and Dirk seem to feel the same way about each other.

Gotta agree with this. I honestly think he's like the real life Tony Stark, although much less hilarious.

100%duncan
10-08-2014, 08:06 PM

Drachen
10-08-2014, 08:07 PM
Gotta agree with this. I honestly think he's like the real life Tony Stark, although much less hilarious.
That's Elon musk

DMX7
10-08-2014, 08:45 PM
So fucking classy

exstatic
10-08-2014, 08:55 PM
Tim won't do it. We won't know he's going until he's gone. If Cuban wants to do it, every other owner likely will, too, and I think the thought of a Jeter-style tour would horrify Tim.

Spur|n|Austin
10-08-2014, 09:37 PM
Cuban has no ill intentions here, he's practically just a fan watching his team compete out there, and like most fanatics, we get a little crazy sometime.

10-08-2014, 10:23 PM
He can't wait for Timmy to stop owning them :lol

Nah but that'd be cool. Also a farewell trip could be a nice storyline for the repeat.

z0sa
10-09-2014, 01:06 AM
Tim won't do it. We won't know he's going until he's gone. If Cuban wants to do it, every other owner likely will, too, and I think the thought of a Jeter-style tour would horrify Tim.

This. No way Timmy's down for a farewell tour.

G-Dawgg
10-09-2014, 07:56 AM
If Cuban does something as classy as this, he'll be making a new fan... I'd have a new found respect for him.

Obstructed_View
10-09-2014, 07:59 AM
Not sure how wishing for a guy to be gone is classy, but I guess it's classy relative to Mark Cuban.

Jimcs50
10-09-2014, 08:17 AM
Tim will play two more years

Emperor
10-09-2014, 11:45 AM
My brother got to meet him during the first round. He said he was cool as shit and took time to take a picture, give an autograph, and even gave some encouraging words and advice for him since he is looking to start his own business someday.

mookie2001
10-09-2014, 12:06 PM
My brother was on the benefactor, he lost because he couldnt figure out if the winner was the benefactor or if cuban was the benefactor

I. Hustle
10-09-2014, 12:29 PM
My brother was on Shark Tank. He didn't get funded because the world isn't ready for rotating jaw breaker octopus dildos.

lefty
10-09-2014, 12:30 PM
Cuban has always been a good dude

Some pussies around here whined because of his comment on the really shitty riverwalk

It was just trash talking, relax

DesertSpur50
10-09-2014, 12:49 PM
“We did the same thing for David Robinson. I’m hoping Tim will bless us with those words. “

What did they do for Robinson?

lefty
10-09-2014, 01:06 PM
“We did the same thing for David Robinson. I’m hoping Tim will bless us with those words. “

What did they do for Robinson?
they arranged a date with Jesus

Chomag
10-09-2014, 02:06 PM
As much as I like to hate on Cuban and it's pretty fun. He is honesty a huge fan of the sport and very respectful of great players like TD.

wildcardX
10-09-2014, 05:04 PM
I just want to see Tim get up there with the mic in front of Mark and the Mavs fans almost brought to tears and say "For all the love you fans here in Dallas have shown me throughout the years I just want to say, LETS DO THIS AGAIN NEXT YEAR!"

Ed Helicopter Jones
10-09-2014, 05:53 PM
ESPN: Mark Cuban Hopes to Honor Tim Duncan

Translation: Mark Cuban: "Please, God, let Tim Duncan retire."

I hope Timmy plays another 5 years.

Obstructed_View
10-09-2014, 05:58 PM

He wasn't even that subtle about it. I'm really unsure how people are thinking this is some grand gesture by Cuban.

scanry
10-09-2014, 11:52 PM
I don't know if Tim can take it (a Farewell tour) tbh. They're emotionally draining and i remember watching MJ go through this in 97-98 and you could tell he wasn't very happy in that reg season (and i guess with Pip's injury too), but what they accomplished that season will always go down as something very special. MJ was running on fumes and he hardly had any muscle in his body. Bone on bone tbh.

Malik Hairston
10-10-2014, 01:50 AM
I don't know if Tim can take it (a Farewell tour) tbh. They're emotionally draining and i remember watching MJ go through this in 97-98 and you could tell he wasn't very happy in that reg season (and i guess with Pip's injury too), but what they accomplished that season will always go down as something very special. MJ was running on fumes and he hardly had any muscle in his body. Bone on bone tbh.

:lol Dad Killer is one of the biggest attention whores in the history of sports, he absolutely loved his farewell tours, especially that embarrassing All-Star game farewell in 2003 that was a black eye for the league..

There's a 0.5% chance that Duncan announces his retirement prior to the season, he's the farthest thing from an attention whore in the realm of superstar players..it'll be especially funny if Kobe retires the same season, as there's a 99.5% chance that he will have a farewell tour:lol..

scanry
10-10-2014, 02:07 AM
:lol Dad Killer is one of the biggest attention whores in the history of sports, he absolutely loved his farewell tours, especially that embarrassing All-Star game farewell in 2003 that was a black eye for the league..

There's a 0.5% chance that Duncan announces his retirement prior to the season, he's the farthest thing from an attention whore in the realm of superstar players..it'll be especially funny if Kobe retires the same season, as there's a 99.5% chance that he will have a farewell tour:lol..

I don't know if Kobe will pull that card not with him being stuck on a lottery team. The sociopath would rather pull another 2014 tbh. Moreover it's Lebron's league now.

BTW the Bulls had an horrendous start to the regular season. Weren't they a 0.500 team after 20 games into the season? Not many gave them a shot at the title after their start. But MJ didn't like his farewell tour not with their record and Pippen hurt. It was only after Pippen came back that they started winning.

Sean Cagney
10-10-2014, 02:20 AM

Thats about it, I remember during the playoffs after his team was out he said he hopes Tim hits the game winner in game 7 of the finals and then walks off into the Sunset after that. He just wants Tim to retire and that is the just of it, give his team more of a chance at the title or passing us in the playoffs atleast.

thiste
10-10-2014, 06:32 AM
Cuban would probably happily give Tim $10 millions to retire this year. Seriously.

look_at_g_shred
10-10-2014, 06:41 PM
Tim will play two more years

TheGreatYacht
10-11-2014, 02:59 AM
Yeah Cuban is so classy. Let's just forget Najera's and Blair's cheap shots, Riverwalk comments, supporting the $250,000 fine in 2012, dreaming Duncan can hang them up already..

Sean Cagney
10-11-2014, 03:09 AM
Yeah Cuban is so classy. Let's just forget Najera's and Blair's cheap shots, Riverwalk comments, supporting the $250,000 fine in 2012, dreaming Duncan can hang them up already..
I agree with you dead on 100%...... F this guy.