PDA

View Full Version : How many husbands does it take to...?

2Blonde
08-25-2005, 02:10 PM
...change a friggin' lightbulb? :bang

The lightbulb in our garage went out about 6 days ago and I thought surely my big strong husband would change it. I mean he works out twice a day every day, rides his mountain bike in the morning and goes to the gym at lunch, plays golf twice a week. So he is definitely no slouch, right. Meanwhile there is me, who uses a cane and has a hard time getting up on a ladder because of my bad hip. Well it seems as though he would rather live in the dark. He does the same thing every time a lightbulb in the house goes out too. My ex husband was the same way. there could be 3 bulbs burned out of a six bulb ceiling fan and he wouldn't notice. What is with you guys?
:bang
Of course I gave in and changed the damned bulb myself today as usual.

...2Blonde

SequSpur
08-25-2005, 02:11 PM
Quit your bitchin and go make some pie.

sa_butta
08-25-2005, 02:12 PM

The lightbulb in our garage went out about 6 days ago and I thought surely my big strong husband would change it. I mean he works out twice a day every day, rides his mountain bike in the morning and goes to the gym at lunch, plays golf twice a week.

...2BlondeObviously the guy is busy. Must be hard to find time to change a light bulb with all those other activities.

1Parker1
08-25-2005, 02:15 PM
Obviously the guy is busy. Must be hard to find time to change a light bulb with all those other activities.

:lol That's what I was gonna say. Jeez, how does the guy manage to work out TWICE a day? I can barely do it once a day. Never mind all those other activities he does.

SpursWoman
08-25-2005, 02:16 PM
I don't know....I don't think the last one I had even knew how. :fro

ObiwanGinobili
08-25-2005, 02:19 PM

...2Blonde

NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!
thats what he was waiting for damnit!!
He knows all he has to do is wait and eventually you'll do it for him.

travis2
08-25-2005, 02:21 PM
Obviously he was concerned about household finances...trying to save money on electric bills.

But do you appreciate him? Noooooooooooo....

:angel

1Parker1
08-25-2005, 02:22 PM
Obviously he was concerned about household finances...trying to save money on electric bills.

:lmao I like when men try and stick up for their kind...

samikeyp
08-25-2005, 02:24 PM
He would have waited until he tripped in the dark, then he would have replaced it. That reminds me...two of the lights in the four bulb light fixture above the mirror in the bathroom are out....maybe I should replace them. :spin

ObiwanGinobili
08-25-2005, 02:25 PM
I'm too big to safe;y scrub the tub.
my husband PROMISED me he would take over doing it 1x a week untill after ht baby is born and I'm back on my feet.......meanwhile it;s been 3 weeks and it looks like a science project in there.
so I confront him... sure enough he wasn;t planning on doing it at all, not once.
he figured I could use the other bathroom if I wanted a bath instead of a shower.
WTF?????????????????

MiNuS
08-25-2005, 02:25 PM
only light we need is the one coming out of the TV. We don't need to see our imperfections.

2Blonde
08-25-2005, 02:26 PM

That's funny, because my daughter and I actually call him the "Energy Police". He is always running around bitching about the electric bill, turning off lights after us, raising the temp on the AC. etc...
:lol

...2Blonde

travis2
08-25-2005, 02:27 PM
That's funny, because my daughter and I actually call him the "Energy Police". He is always running around bitching about the electric bill, turning off lights after us, raising the temp on the AC. etc...

...2Blonde

See? I know what I'm talking about!

travis2
08-25-2005, 02:27 PM
:lmao I like when men try and stick up for their kind...
See above! So there! :p

2Blonde
08-25-2005, 02:30 PM
:lol That's what I was gonna say. Jeez, how does the guy manage to work out TWICE a day? I can barely do it once a day. Never mind all those other activities he does.He gets up really early. He rides at 6am. :rolleyes And the golf is in the evening after work one day a week and on Saturday mornings at 7am. Can you tell he's an early riser?

...2Blonde

Shelly
08-25-2005, 03:03 PM
I learned many moons ago that if I want something done to do it myself.

Except for mowing the lawn.

timvp
08-25-2005, 03:17 PM
Don't let Kori read this thread. The light bulb in the garage is out as I type this.

I'll replace it.

Eventually.

:hat

SWC Bonfire
08-25-2005, 03:20 PM
The short answer is that we don't give a shit. Our life doesn't cease to exist because one little lightbulb is out.

SpursWoman
08-25-2005, 03:21 PM
I learned many moons ago that if I want something done to do it myself.

Except for mowing the lawn.

I LIKE mowing the lawn. :lol

1Parker1
08-25-2005, 03:21 PM
Don't let Kori read this thread. The light bulb in the garage is out as I type this.

I'll replace it.

Eventually.

:hat

:lol Right, obviously you're just concerned with the household finances and trying to conserve the bill.........

Shelly
08-25-2005, 03:24 PM
I don't mind mowing the lawn either, but I don't tell him that! In fact, I was always the one who did the yard. When we bought this house, it became his job.

Five years later and I'm still waiting to win "Yard of the Month" :cuss

SpursWoman
08-25-2005, 03:24 PM
The short answer is that we don't give a shit. Our life doesn't cease to exist because one little lightbulb is out.

Then I guess ours wouldn't either if the house wasn't clean, the laundry wasn't done....all those stereotypical gender role-type things.

I don't think changing a light bulb is too damn much to ask for. User likes to do it...especially the ones up high, because it's something I can't do without a step-stool and he can make fun at how short I am. :oops :lol :lol

Shelly
08-25-2005, 03:27 PM
Then I guess ours wouldn't either if the house wasn't clean, the laundry wasn't done....all those stereotypical gender role-type things.

I don't think changing a light bulb is too damn much to ask for. User likes to do it...especially the ones up high, because it's something I can't do without a step-stool and he can make fun at how short I am. :oops :lol :lol

Dude, I climb up on our extension ladder and changed the light bulbs on our front outside fixture while my husband held the ladder! It's at the top of the house. I should've washed that window while I was there. Now that I put in Halogen bulbs, you can see how dirty it is :oops

ducks
08-25-2005, 03:28 PM
cut out sex tell he changes it

SpursWoman
08-25-2005, 03:28 PM
Dude, I climb up on our extension ladder and changed the light bulbs on our front outside fixture while my husband held the ladder! It's at the top of the house. I should've washed that window while I was there. Now that I put in Halogen bulbs, you can see how dirty it is :oops

He just held it for the view. :eyebrows

SpursWoman
08-25-2005, 03:29 PM
cut out sex tell he changes it

Yeah, but then *we'd* never get laid. :depressed

Shelly
08-25-2005, 03:30 PM

:lmao

ducks
08-25-2005, 03:35 PM

then do not let him see you change tell he changes the light bulb

jcrod
08-25-2005, 03:35 PM
Shit I did every freaking thing for eight months while my wife was on bed rest. I did my share for the next 5 yrs. :lol

I hate yard work...

Jimcs50
08-25-2005, 03:43 PM

The lightbulb in our garage went out about 6 days ago and I thought surely my big strong husband would change it. I mean he works out twice a day every day, rides his mountain bike in the morning and goes to the gym at lunch, plays golf twice a week. So he is definitely no slouch, right. Meanwhile there is me, who uses a cane and has a hard time getting up on a ladder because of my bad hip. Well it seems as though he would rather live in the dark. He does the same thing every time a lightbulb in the house goes out too. My ex husband was the same way. there could be 3 bulbs burned out of a six bulb ceiling fan and he wouldn't notice. What is with you guys?

...2Blonde

Any married guy that works out twice a day is screwing around on his woman....that is the only reason that any man would subject himself to that, once he is married....you need to keep a close eye on him.

:)

Mixability
08-25-2005, 04:01 PM
how many women have to wet their asses before they realize they need to look back and check if the seats down first? :lol

Mixability
08-25-2005, 04:02 PM
Any married guy that works out twice a day is screwing around on his woman....that is the only reason that any man would subject himself to that, once he is married....you need to keep a close eye on him.

:)

:tu
are you sure he's not telling you he's "getting a workout", it does make a difference! :lol

NiNi
08-25-2005, 04:19 PM
shit just tell him to do it, or do it yourself, cant take away any physical interactions just because he doesnt change a lightbulb. Maybe if he forgot your anniversary or something you can do that, but other then that it is unjust.

2Blonde
08-25-2005, 10:27 PM
Any married guy that works out twice a day is screwing around on his woman....that is the only reason that any man would subject himself to that, once he is married....you need to keep a close eye on him.Hell, I'm not worried about that. He'd never screw around. I let him play golf without bitching ever bitching about it and I always pretend to be interested when I ask him his score. :lol It's a win/win.

The workouts are just a carry over from 20 years of PT in the military. Plus he got to keep that testosterone level up to please his woman(and he's doing a fine job of that). :spin After all, he is 45.

...2Blonde

Horry For 3!
08-25-2005, 10:31 PM
I have a question 2Blonde......

Why do you always type ...2Blonde after your posts?

2Blonde
08-25-2005, 10:38 PM
Habit. Don't you always sign letters when you write them by hand? Just because I type them I still think they are like letters and should be signed. :spin My posts just seem naked if I don't sign them. Maybe I have OCD.

...2Blonde

ShoogarBear
08-25-2005, 10:41 PM
I live alone.

You have to change the light bulbs?

ShoogarBear
08-25-2005, 10:43 PM
I'm too big to safe;y scrub the tub.

I can't believe this line was left alone.

http://www.raphaelk.co.uk/web%20pics/Guatemala/first/La%20Democracia%20Olmec%20Weeble.JPG

2Blonde
08-25-2005, 10:46 PM
She's gonna kick your ass for that remark. :lol

...2Blonde

Clandestino
08-25-2005, 10:47 PM

Ex-fucking-actly!