PDA

View Full Version : Central Cali

Avante
10-09-2014, 03:30 PM
I was 5/6 years old when I picked up a newspaper my dad had been looking at. There was a picture of a black guy winning some race. It wouldn't be until years later that I found out that was Leamon King from nearby Delano, a little farm labor town. King was the fastest high school kid in the nation. He'd go on to tie world records and make our 1956 Olympic team.

While I was in jr high in Visalia, about 40 miles west was Lemoore, they had a kid named Tommie Smith. He was even on the tv he was that fast. He'd go on to become the greatest 200/400 man the world had ever seen and even to this day he is still considered the greatest 100/200/400 sprinter ever. Yep, he's one of the black glove sprinters at those 68 Olympics.

There was also the great Rafer Johnson the 1960 Olympic decathlon gold medalist from Kingsburg which was about 40 miles north on HWY99. His brother Jim Johnson in the pro football Hall of Fame, a cornerback with the Niners.

Ernie Smith the brother of Tommie, Maxie Parks an Olympic 400 man, Randy Williams an Olympic long jump champ, Lee Evans a WR holder in the 400/Oly gold.

Also back in the days of Leamon King was a cat from Cochoran*** named Jerry White, he was the nations top high school 400m sprinter.

Now add Alvin Mann, Sam Davis, Bill Cowings, Ocie Early.

All the above black athletes, all from right around here. I saw all that growing up here in the valley. So what message did it send?

*** where Charles Manson was at

TheSanityAnnex
10-09-2014, 04:00 PM
The central valley is a shithole but I'm thankful for the people who put up with it to grow my food and cook my meth.

Avante
10-09-2014, 04:02 PM
The central valley is a shithole but I'm thankful for the people who put up with it to grow my food and cook my meth.

Fuck the central valley, that isn't what this is about.

Infinite_limit
10-09-2014, 04:07 PM
Fresno State Baby

Who let the Dogs out?

ohmwrecker
10-09-2014, 04:11 PM

What is this about anyway?

TheSanityAnnex
10-09-2014, 04:35 PM
You do not dictate what this is about anymore.

cantthinkofanything
10-09-2014, 04:44 PM
I used to watch some centra Cali bball on ESPN late at night. LOOOSHUSSS LOOSHUSSS

IS UCSB in central Cali? if not, maybe I wasn't.

Aztecfan03
10-09-2014, 05:02 PM

Which valley are you talking about then?

DJR210
10-09-2014, 08:25 PM
OP sucks big black cock in another thread, nothing to see here folks.

Avante
10-10-2014, 10:29 PM
I used to watch some centra Cali bball on ESPN late at night. LOOOSHUSSS LOOSHUSSS

IS UCSB in central Cali? if not, maybe I wasn't.

Santa Barbara is on the coast, it's not in the valley.

Avante
10-10-2014, 10:31 PM
OP sucks big black cock in another thread, nothing to see here folks.

Little man you always end up looking dumber than your previous post, amazing.

This thread is about a white footballer/trackster who ran all over and away from other white dudes who met his match when it came to the black athlete. Then preceded to name some of those great black athletes who were from around here.

ChumpDumper
10-11-2014, 01:18 AM
Santa Barbara is on the coast, it's not in the valley.Just one reason why Santa Barbara is so much better than the valley.

cantthinkofanything
10-13-2014, 09:09 AM
Santa Barbara is on the coast, it's not in the valley.

well...they sure played ball like they from from central. Good stuff late night when all the other games were over.