https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nl5dlbCh8lY
Sagan was the 1st Agent Smith tbh

spurraider21
10-10-2014, 02:58 PM
Sagan was the 1st Agent Smith tbh
Do you hear the cosmos, Mr. Degrasse? That is the sound of inevitability

mouse
10-11-2014, 06:39 AM
That Sagan fella is pretty smart considering he was once a snail.

baseline bum
10-11-2014, 09:18 AM
c8CgDGhYKe8

If you want an illustration of how big things are, go out tonight and find Andromeda after dusk but before moonrise if you have a reasonably dark sky to the East.

http://i.imgur.com/JBl3hqB.png

Easiest to find by looking for Pegasus (the giant box at the top center-right of the image) and Cassiopeia, and then running down the stars of the Andromeda constellation before finding the galaxy just outside the arm of the constellation. That fuzzy dot you see is a galaxy significantly larger than the Milky Way which is extremely close to us; only about 2.5 million light years, which makes it so close that if you define a galaxy by all the matter contained in it (including dark matter) then Andromeda and the Milky Way basically touch. To be fair, if your eyes were much much better you'd see the width of that galaxy as about 5 full moons. Our eyes can only see the core of the galaxy. But still, a galaxy bigger than the Milky Way that is extremely close to us is just a dim fuzzy dot in our night sky.

To me, every time I look up and see the Andromeda galaxy on a clear night that's humbling as fuck. A very large galaxy extremely close to us giving off stupidly large amounts of energy and it's just this fuzzy dot in the sky that's not too bright and you have to know exactly where to look to find. And then I think about all the other large galaxies that can't even be seen with the naked eye from Earth, which is every other galaxy in the universe unless you happen to live in the Southern Hemisphere, where you can also see the Large and Small Magellanic Clouds with the naked eye (they're way smaller but way closer than Andromeda, and extremely impressive to see if you're ever in the Southern Hemisphere).

mouse
10-11-2014, 11:18 AM
All that Science and HD video footage on Google and yet not only no cure for the common cold, they rather get a red rock from mars then to cure "Ebola" ?

thank you NASA!

you finally located the red stapler

http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p55/RackTheMouse/bored/milton-st.jpg

boutons_deux
10-11-2014, 11:21 AM
red rocks from anywhere are a LOT simpler than biological systems. Even simple stuff likes viruses trump the simplicity of rocks.

You're welcome.

mouse
10-11-2014, 11:27 AM
red rocks from anywhere are a LOT simpler than biological systems. Even simple stuff likes viruses trump the simplicity of rocks.

You're welcome.

Tell that to a dying 10 year old child you sick asshat!

RD2191
10-11-2014, 01:29 PM
That Sagan fella is pretty smart considering he was once a snail.
:lol

spurraider21
10-11-2014, 02:35 PM
:lol
Without evolution how can u explain pokemon, faggot

DMC
10-11-2014, 06:38 PM
If you want an illustration of how big things are, go out tonight and find Andromeda after dusk but before moonrise if you have a reasonably dark sky to the East.

http://i.imgur.com/JBl3hqB.png

Easiest to find by looking for Pegasus (the giant box at the top center-right of the image) and Cassiopeia, and then running down the stars of the Andromeda constellation before finding the galaxy just outside the arm of the constellation. That fuzzy dot you see is a galaxy significantly larger than the Milky Way which is extremely close to us; only about 2.5 million light years, which makes it so close that if you define a galaxy by all the matter contained in it (including dark matter) then Andromeda and the Milky Way basically touch. To be fair, if your eyes were much much better you'd see the width of that galaxy as about 5 full moons. Our eyes can only see the core of the galaxy. But still, a galaxy bigger than the Milky Way that is extremely close to us is just a dim fuzzy dot in our night sky.

To me, every time I look up and see the Andromeda galaxy on a clear night that's humbling as fuck. A very large galaxy extremely close to us giving off stupidly large amounts of energy and it's just this fuzzy dot in the sky that's not too bright and you have to know exactly where to look to find. And then I think about all the other large galaxies that can't even be seen with the naked eye from Earth, which is every other galaxy in the universe unless you happen to live in the Southern Hemisphere, where you can also see the Large and Small Magellanic Clouds with the naked eye (they're way smaller but way closer than Andromeda, and extremely impressive to see if you're ever in the Southern Hemisphere).

Sounds like Cedric.

Slydragon
10-12-2014, 12:28 PM
My sig