PDA

View Full Version : Bulls: Paul Pierce and Noah get into it, Pierce once again exposes he's a poo-c

Thebesteva
10-10-2014, 02:03 AM
:lol Noah brushed this little nigga off and this was his response. What a gigantic wheelchair loving faggot

https://s3.yimg.com/bt/api/res/1.2/VtaoqL37xHVmifJM3mvAww--/YXBwaWQ9eW5ld3M7cT04NTt3PTYzMA--/http://media.zenfs.com/en_US/Sports/AP_General/201410061957718355262-p5.jpg
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-4Qyi47_iPLs/TbAFVcwonAI/AAAAAAAAAQU/e2G3GnBfLak/s1600/et+touch.jpg

Franklin
10-10-2014, 04:14 AM
:lol Noah brushed this little nigga off and this was his response. What a gigantic wheelchair loving faggot

https://s3.yimg.com/bt/api/res/1.2/VtaoqL37xHVmifJM3mvAww--/YXBwaWQ9eW5ld3M7cT04NTt3PTYzMA--/http://media.zenfs.com/en_US/Sports/AP_General/201410061957718355262-p5.jpg
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-4Qyi47_iPLs/TbAFVcwonAI/AAAAAAAAAQU/e2G3GnBfLak/s1600/et+touch.jpg
Noah is the true faggot, not Pierce. I understand your hatred against Pierce though, nigga pwned the Lakers in 08 but dude is a respectable player imho.

TDMVPDPOY
10-10-2014, 04:29 AM
remember when the celtics big 3 never formed, and every time pierce does a hustle move he gets all hard and shit after and1 play like his the shit

Venti Quattro
10-10-2014, 05:06 AM
Lmao Gangsta Pee

lefty
10-10-2014, 06:25 AM
:lol black Muricans not so tough without guns
:lol scared of a Frenchie

Killakobe81
10-10-2014, 07:34 AM
Noah is the true faggot, not Pierce. I understand your hatred against Pierce though, nigga pwned the Lakers in 08 but dude is a respectable player imho.

Great player.
Tough as nails.
Underrated franchise superstar.
Still a wanna be gangsta, wanksta bitch though ...

scanry
10-10-2014, 07:53 AM
Great player.
Tough as nails.
Underrated franchise superstar.
Still a wanna be gangsta, wanksta bitch though ...

That's reaching. He's a good (not great) second banana tbh.

RsxPiimp
10-10-2014, 08:00 AM
Dude was stabbed 40 + times in the back, chest and neck. And a broken bottle smashed to his head. I doubt a corn hole country pussy like Noah would scare him:lol Nd I like Noah.

Kool Bob Love
10-10-2014, 08:22 AM
http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view/643479/paul-pierce-kimmel-wheelchair-o.gif

Killakobe81
10-10-2014, 08:36 AM
That's reaching. He's a good (not great) second banana tbh.

You do realize scanry that Pierce is I believe in the top 3 all-time (if not all-time leader) in points for the Celts? Not a new team like the Heat. But the Celts of Bird, Hondo, Cousy, Cowens McHale? I dont like Pierce but how is he not considered just a "notch" below dirk? He is franchise superstar. Both were ins Same draft. Same number of rings and same number of final appearances. Both have a Finals MVP but PP lacks a regular season one. Again I do think Dirk is greater ... but it's closer than most would think. And dont say it's because KG carried them to that title, because KG played a role similar to what Tyson did for Dirk.

~O~
10-10-2014, 09:55 AM
You do realize scanry that Pierce is I believe in the top 3 all-time (if not all-time leader) in points for the Celts? Not a new team like the Heat. But the Celts of Bird, Hondo, Cousy, Cowens McHale? I dont like Pierce but how is he not considered just a "notch" below dirk? He is franchise superstar. Both were ins Same draft. Same number of rings and same number of final appearances. Both have a Finals MVP but PP lacks a regular season one. Again I do think Dirk is greater ... but it's closer than most would think. And dont say it's because KG carried them to that title, because KG played a role similar to what Tyson did for Dirk.

This. Paul Pierce......use to be the shit but I think his work is overshadowed by previous Celtic championships.

JamStone
10-10-2014, 10:05 AM
Dirk in his early and prime years no matter what the Dallas front office did with the roster kept his team not only in the playoffs but as a 50+ win regular season team... 11 consecutive seasons. When the Celtics shuffled their roster in Pierce's prime, they missed the post season twice in a brutal Eastern Conference and had the second worst record in the league one of those seasons. Before KG joined the Celtics, Boston never won 50 games even once with Pierce as the main guy or one of the main guys in 9 seasons.

It's a team game and supporting casts absolutely matter, but there is a strong enough argument as to why Dirk is viewed as clearly more than just a notch above Pierce as a player. And I tend to agree with it.

Killakobe81
10-10-2014, 10:10 AM
Dirk in his early and prime years no matter what the Dallas front office did with the roster kept his team not only in the playoffs but as a 50+ win regular season team... 11 consecutive seasons. When the Celtics shuffled their roster in Pierce's prime, they missed the post season twice in a brutal Eastern Conference and had the second worst record in the league one of those seasons. Before KG joined the Celtics, Boston never won 50 games even once with Pierce as the main guy or one of the main guys in 9 seasons.

It's a team game and supporting casts absolutely matter, but there is a strong enough argument as to why Dirk is viewed as clearly a notch above Pierce as a player. And I tend to agree with it.

In other words we agree? I said I felt he was a notch below Dirk ... I just said when you look at the numbers it's close ... especially scoring. Dirk is obviously the better rebounder but Pierce was not a slouch for his position. and both built a clutch reputation off a glorious post-season run. Dirk has been the more reliable playoff and regular performer. Pierce has no season that compares to Dirk's best ... Like you pointed out Pierce has some uneven seasons ...just saying that to say he is not a franchise superstar ...(not you but the guys I responded to is crazy) it's tough to exclude when he has so many records for one of the premier franchise in all of sports.

JamStone
10-10-2014, 10:11 AM
Nope. Edited. "More than just a notch."

JamStone
10-10-2014, 10:13 AM
Dirk will probably go down as a top 25 player all time. I'm not sure Pierce cracks the top 50 even after his Finals MVP. More than just a notch.

Killakobe81
10-10-2014, 10:15 AM

It's a team game and supporting casts absolutely matter, but there is a strong enough argument as to why Dirk is viewed as clearly more than just a notch above Pierce as a player. And I tend to agree with it.

Also some of the same criticisims could be leveled at Hakeem, btw. And again everything you said is why he is a notch below Dirk. KG also never made a Finals with out PP Pierce did lead a crappy celts team to a ECF in thw Pierce/Walker era IIRC.

JamStone
10-10-2014, 10:16 AM
Franchise superstar in his prime (late 20s) leads his team to the second worst record in the league. As the franchise player, never got his team to 50 wins and in his prime, the East was pathetic. Needed a HOF teammate and another borderline (at the time) HOF teammate to win. Are you sure Pierce is a franchise superstar?

Killakobe81
10-10-2014, 10:20 AM
Dirk will probably go down as a top 25 player all time. I'm not sure Pierce cracks the top 50 even after his Finals MVP. More than just a notch.

A huge, notch? Lol

I dont even care for or like Pierce that much. but I will say he has to be a top 50 guy. How could he not? I dont know how his last seasons play out but based on his Celtics numbers he has to be. And maybe "tier" would be a better word than "notch". I love James Worthy. one of my all-time favorite Lakers and I do believe in his prime he could have carried a team (probably not a title contender but he could have put up points) and his resume is not as good as Pierce based on numbers. eye test I think in some areas I would rather have worthy (low post) in others Pierce. But I would be dishonest if I did not say that Pierce doesn't have a stronger top 50 resume than James.

I love dirk never meant to discredit him just giving Pierce some praise.

Killakobe81
10-10-2014, 10:23 AM
Franchise superstar in his prime (late 20s) leads his team to the second worst record in the league. As the franchise player, never got his team to 50 wins and in his prime, the East was pathetic. Needed a HOF teammate and another borderline (at the time) HOF teammate to win. Are you sure Pierce is a franchise superstar?

I say yes.
HOf'er yes.
Champion? Yes
One of the best at his position in his era? yes.

all-time great? No.
Revolutionary for the position? No
Same level as Dirk? No.

IS dirk way above Pierce ... Probably.
Clear advantage? Yes.

JamStone
10-10-2014, 10:24 AM
Also some of the same criticisims could be leveled at Hakeem, btw.

No it can't. Been discussed on these boards before. Early and in his prime, a Hakeem Rockets team never had a losing record, won 50 games multiple times. The only season his team missed the playoffs in his prime was a season they finished 42-40 and missed the playoffs by 1 game. He missed 12 games and the Rockets were 2-10 in those games. Not quite the same thing as the Celtics missing the playoffs twice in a brutal East and having the second worst record in the league under Pierce's "prime" leadership.

Killakobe81
10-10-2014, 10:32 AM
No it can't. Been discussed on these boards before. Early and in his prime, a Hakeem Rockets team never had a losing record, won 50 games multiple times. The only season his team missed the playoffs in his prime was a season they finished 42-40 and missed the playoffs by 1 game. He missed 12 games and the Rockets were 2-10 in those games. Not quite the same thing as the Celtics missing the playoffs twice in a brutal East and having the second worst record in the league under Pierce's "prime" leadership.

Key word was "some". And yes I am aware it has been discussed and on those debates I was on the "hakeem side" ...i believe you were as well. I was just saying that it could be made and it has been has it not? I enjoy our back and forth and respect the heck out of you but one thing that I noticed that you sometimes get hung up on word choice even if I clarify. I already said notch was probably not the best choice of word but since I said "some" your response doesn't exactly refute that since I am not making that case here. Just bring it to your attention which you clearly recalled. the same arguments are made against Kobe here as well and though you are right not the same as what Pierce did or did not do. I was just pointing that out.

RsxPiimp
10-10-2014, 10:37 AM
Pierce has been underrated for the most part of his career, he's been overshadowed by much exciting players of his generation. But his legacy isn't as great as his contemporaries. I'd say he's right there with the likes of Ray Allen or Vince Carter.

Killakobe81
10-10-2014, 10:42 AM
Pierce has been underrated for the most part of his career, he's been overshadowed by much exciting players of his generation. But his legacy isn't as great as his contemporaries. I'd say he's right there with the likes of Ray Allen or Vince Carter.

I would say Ray is a good comparison, I think overall Pierce should get a nod on VC but VC does have some great numbers, just not great playoff results.

And to clarify for you and Jam I am not even saying Pierce is all that great. My point is that he has ticked off a lot of similar boxes to Dirk and as Jam and you both are saying you dont even really see him close to that. My post was really a why not post? And I think Jam for the most part gave great reasons why. I just was pointing out that other great players have holes or flaws on their resumes that Pierce does as well.

BTW Jam, I do see that Lebron (an Durant) expressed the same concerns I had about new TV deal. I thought you said it was not his fight?

Venti Quattro
10-10-2014, 10:46 AM

http://www.sportsfan4.com/media/Paul-Pierce-Gang-Sign.jpg

RsxPiimp
10-10-2014, 10:48 AM
I would say Ray is a good comparison, I think overall Pierce should get a nod on VC but VC does have some great numbers, just not great playoff results.

And to clarify for you and Jam I am not even saying Pierce is all that great. My point is that he has ticked off a lot of similar boxes to Dirk and as Jam and you both are saying you dont even really see him close to that. My post was really a why not post? And I think Jam for the most part gave great reasons why. I just was pointing out that other great players have holes or flaws on their resumes that Pierce does as well.

BW, Jam I do see that Lebron (an Durant) expressed the same concerns I had about new TV deal.

Honestly though, playing for the Celtics played a huge part in his legacy. I'd give him credit for being a champion, only because you don't overlook that type of thing regardless if you view it as a team effort or whatnot, and for actually playing consistently on both ends of the floor. But he's never been the type of player that can totally dominate, like Dirk in this example. As both Laker fans, and we may have a different opinion on this, we know Pierce is highly overrated on that 2008 Finals. I thought Allen was bigger than Pierce in that series.

JamStone
10-10-2014, 11:32 AM
BTW Jam, I do see that Lebron (an Durant) expressed the same concerns I had about new TV deal. I thought you said it was not his fight?

Different discussion. The previous topic was centered around after Bledsoe's contract, LeBron should ask for the moon for his next contract. How big or how fair LeBron's contract is compared to some of the silly contracts being handed out doesn't matter because James makes his salary many times over in endorsements. It wasn't his fight to get the biggest contract possible for him, as an individual player.

Him speaking out and suggesting the NBA do something with revenue sharing and revenue distribution for the players as a whole after the big TV deal a totally different topic. This is about the players in general getting a bigger piece of the revenue pie, not about him personally and individually getting a bigger contract.

100%duncan
10-10-2014, 11:37 AM
Both act like bitches

ElNono
10-10-2014, 11:43 AM
In Pierce's defense, I don't think Dirk ever had ownership that told him to straight up tank. You could say the Mavs had more or less competitive teams, but Cuban never really went for the full tank mode like Ainge did in Boston.
I still think Dirk is the better player, but Pierce has always been a great competitor.

Killakobe81
10-10-2014, 11:44 AM
Different discussion. The previous topic was centered around after Bledsoe's contract, LeBron should ask for the moon for his next contract. How big or how fair LeBron's contract is compared to some of the silly contracts being handed out doesn't matter because James makes his salary many times over in endorsements. It wasn't his fight to get the biggest contract possible for him, as an individual player.

Him speaking out and suggesting the NBA do something with revenue sharing and revenue distribution for the players as a whole after the big TV deal a totally different topic. This is about the players in general getting a bigger piece of the revenue pie, not about him personally and individually getting a bigger contract.

It wasnt just that Jam. His Butt puppet Windhorst said that he will seek to eliminate max contracts ...max contracts impact the stars. He is the biggest star. I told you he would not come right out and say that. I told you that he does care about his fellow players getting a bigger cut, but I also told you that it was bullshit that he would be fine as long as he got endorsement money as an icon. Being the first billonaire athlete doesnt come easy when you leave hundreds of millions at the negotiating table.

Here is the article (http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/11654868/lebron-james-wants-nba-players-taken-care-now-new-tv-deal-place).

again straight from Lebron or his minions:

1. "I am kind of the guy that has the power, I guess, without even having to put a name on it," James said Monday after the league announced a nine-year extension of its TV deal with ESPN and TNT that begins in 2016-17. "I'm very educated and I will use what I have to make sure our players are taken care of."

Ok Jam sounds like what you said, so far ...right?

Now

One of those changes could be the NBPA pursuing the abolition of max contracts. James would not comment on his stance on the subject; however, reporters including ESPN's Brian Windhorst have intimated that the increase or removal of max contracts is indeed on James' agenda for the next CBA.

"I don't even really get into speculation conversations in my name," James said.

Like I said he wont come out and say it, Why should he? Fans and some media will call him greedy just like they did Kobe and plenty of others ... But he is smart. He signed a short-term deal so that he could make it up in the next CBA.

why would he want a max on salaries when he is leaving hundreds of millions at the table on his next contract? I just dont see how you could not see this coming. Love him or hate him nobody since MJ has had THIS much power in the NBA. Lebron will get his MJ type contract and he deserves it.

Are you telling me a dude as smart as you cant read between the lines? OF course it will be painted as getting a fair share of the pie ...but trust me Lebron is got a big appetite. Everything he has said points that way.

100%duncan
10-10-2014, 11:48 AM
I'm with Killa on this though, Dirk is undeniably greater than Pierce but the dude is one of the best of his generation. Also one of the most complete players too, he can kill you from both sides of the floor unlike players that the media hype up nowadays.

scanry
10-10-2014, 12:04 PM

I assumed you were referring to Noah.

Killakobe81
10-10-2014, 12:04 PM
In Pierce's defense, I don't think Dirk ever had ownership that told him to straight up tank. You could say the Mavs had more or less competitive teams, but Cuban never really went for the full tank mode like Ainge did in Boston.
I still think Dirk is the better player, but Pierce has always been a great competitor.

Another great point. That is why it's tough to make sweeping comments like that (they missed the playoffs in their prime). Not you Jam but many of the posters that blast Kobe (not that the Lakers tanked) will say that winning is team accomplishment when rings are brought in the discussion, but use team results as an indictment when those players lose a series. Cant have it both ways. I moved here (DFW) shortly after Mavs got beat by GSW ...they were murdering dirk on the radio here, in fact after 2008 many wished they had drafted Pierce instead. No after 2011 No ONE would make that trade I wouldnt either. I am just saying that Pierce is not only underrated but has a resume that is impressive and if I asked this back in 2008 or 2009 I think he would have more support right or wrong.

JamStone
10-10-2014, 01:56 PM

Somewhat fair, sort of. But while they may have been in tank mode in 2006-07, they weren't trying to tank in 2005-06 when they won 33 games. Or even 2003-04 when they made the playoffs with only 36 wins.

Hell, how about this for even more telling? Before the KG and Ray Allen acquisitions in the summer of 2007, with Paul Pierce, the Boston Celtics had losing records in 6 of 9 seasons. 6 losing seasons with Pierce. We're not talking about not being able to get to 50 wins. We're talking a mere over .500 record.

Koolaid_Man
10-10-2014, 02:01 PM

Paul Pierce is a muthafucking stud who would kick your ass up and down the fuckin boulevard

Koolaid_Man
10-10-2014, 02:04 PM
Kobe made all these niggas irrelevant...Kobe got his top 3 spot all time and then fucked up the game for everyone else...:lol

Killakobe81
10-10-2014, 02:04 PM
Somewhat fair, sort of. But while they may have been in tank mode in 2006-07, they weren't trying to tank in 2005-06 when they won 33 games. Or even 2003-04 when they made the playoffs with only 36 wins.

Hell, how about this for even more telling? Before the KG and Ray Allen acquisitions in the summer of 2007, with Paul Pierce, the Boston Celtics had losing records in 6 of 9 seasons. 6 losing seasons with Pierce. We're not talking about not being able to get to 50 wins. We're talking a mere over .500 record.

Maybe he is properly rated? You brought up some telling facts ... but I do think many underrate him.
If this board is the judge Pierce he would be absolved of his sins (missing those playoffs) behind some sort of advanced metric such as winshares per 48 minutes x Wins over replacement + clutch metrics in the last minutes of game, which is defined as a game in it's less minute with a score that is within two possesions or less ... + their PER - usage rate.

Koolaid_Man
10-10-2014, 02:05 PM
Top 3 All time

MJ
Kobe
Kareem

to be quite honest....

then it's

Magic
Bird
Wilt

JamStone
10-10-2014, 02:08 PM
It wasnt just that Jam. His Butt puppet Windhorst said that he will seek to eliminate max contracts ...max contracts impact the stars. He is the biggest star. I told you he would not come right out and say that. I told you that he does care about his fellow players getting a bigger cut, but I also told you that it was bullshit that he would be fine as long as he got endorsement money as an icon. Being the first billonaire athlete doesnt come easy when you leave hundreds of millions at the negotiating table.

I believe you mentioned the whole "LeBron wants to be the first billionaire athlete" comment before. Didn't he say that really early on in his career after buddying up with Warren Buffet. Haven't heard him say that recently. That's like saying LeBron still has designs on being the first NBA player to average a triple double for a season since he said that in one of those NBA commercials like 6-7 years ago.

Go back to the Bledsoe thread, my posts were specific to James trying to get the biggest contract possible, not how he feels about the NBA revenue sharing in general or how much other superstar players get paid. If his team can pay him $30 million per, $40 million per, $50 million per, would LeBron refuse? I'm sure he wouldn't. But does he need to get that $30M per contract in order to be satisfied or happy with his earnings? Heck no. He made less than $20 million in NBA salary last season and was still one of the top 2-3 highest earning (active) athletes in the world.

Even if we believe he still has his eyes set on being a billionaire athlete (won't be the first because Michael is already worth about $1 billion, and even if you don't count him as an athlete anymore, Tiger Woods this past summer reached $1.3 billion in net worth), it won't be from his NBA salaries. Would an extra $10 million per help him get there? Sure. But how he'll become a billionaire athlete will be from his endorsements, particularly while he's still in the peak of his prime and if he's fortunate to carry over his marketing image post career. Put it to you this way, Michael Jordan is worth approximately $1 billion and he only made approximately $93 million in salary in his NBA career, less than 10%. Tigers Woods? He's worth $1.3 billion and only made about $115 million in career winnings on the tour. Again, roughly 10%.

The most recent info I could find, LeBron is worth approximately $450 million and has earned $129 million in NBA salary. He's going to get to a billion in endorsements, not salary.

Does he care about money? Yes. Does he care about his salary? Yes, to an extent. Will he take $50 million a year if his team offers it to him? Sure, I would see no reason why he wouldn't. But for a megasuperstar iconic athlete like LeBron, just like Michael or Tiger or Ronaldo, their marketing appeal and image is worth way more than their NBA salary earning potential.

Killakobe81
10-10-2014, 02:21 PM
I believe you mentioned the whole "LeBron wants to be the first billionaire athlete" comment before. Didn't he say that really early on in his career after buddying up with Warren Buffet. Haven't heard him say that recently. That's like saying LeBron still has designs on being the first NBA player to average a triple double for a season since he said that in one of those NBA commercials like 6-7 years ago.

Go back to the Bledsoe thread, my posts were specific to James trying to get the biggest contract possible, not how he feels about the NBA revenue sharing in general or how much other superstar players get paid. If his team can pay him $30 million per, $40 million per, $50 million per, would LeBron refuse? I'm sure he wouldn't. But does he need to get that $30M per contract in order to be satisfied or happy with his earnings? Heck no. He made less than $20 million in NBA salary last season and was still one of the top 2-3 highest earning (active) athletes in the world.

Even if we believe he still has his eyes set on being a billionaire athlete (won't be the first because Michael is already worth about $1 billion, and even if you don't count him as an athlete anymore, Tiger Woods this past summer reached $1.3 billion in net worth), it won't be from his NBA salaries. Would an extra $10 million per help him get there? Sure. But how he'll become a billionaire athlete will be from his endorsements, particularly while he's still in the peak of his prime and if he's fortunate to carry over his marketing image post career. Put it to you this way, Michael Jordan is worth approximately $1 billion and he only made approximately $93 million in salary in his NBA career, less than 10%. Tigers Woods? He's worth $1.3 billion and only made about $115 million in career winnings on the tour. Again, roughly 10%.

The most recent info I could find, LeBron is worth approximately $450 million and has earned $129 million in NBA salary. He's going to get to a billion in endorsements, not salary.

Does he care about money? Yes. Does he care about his salary? Yes, to an extent. Will he take $50 million a year if his team offers it to him? Sure, I would see no reason why he wouldn't. But for a megasuperstar iconic athlete like LeBron, just like Michael or Tiger or Ronaldo, their marketing appeal and image is worth way more than their NBA salary earning potential.

Don't disagree with your findings, Jam. Just pointed out an article from 3 days ago that backed what I said to you over a week ago. I told you it mattered. Cited examples from last year when we discussed in the other thread. I posted an article that cited Windhorst who has covered Lebron since HS, followed him to Miami got hired by ESPN for his Lebron connections and is covering him again back in Cleveland. He wants to eliminate the max because he has all the leverage. Even if he gets a MJ like 30 million plus a year you are absolutely right it wont touch his off court income. But it's still significant and it still matters.

So are you telling me based on the articles I posted .... you feel he is not pushing to get the biggest contract possible very soon? And he doesnt NEED it to be happy? Of course he doesnt need it I dont think I ever argued that he needed or money is all tied to happiness. My point was then and still is, that a person in his very unique situation (best player in game biggest current icon in sports) he should fight for raising or eliminating max contracts. And though he is scared to come out and say it directly (article says he refused to answer that question) it's pretty obvious what the motivations are and it's not all tied to helping the union get a bigger share of the pie.

FkLA
10-10-2014, 03:45 PM
I have no idea how someone who watches basketball regularly can say 'KG was to Pierce was what Chandler was to Dirk'. Thats just retarded.

Killakobe81
10-10-2014, 03:54 PM
I have no idea how someone who watches basketball regularly can say 'KG was to Pierce was what Chandler was to Dirk'. Thats just retarded.

No one is saying that. KG is better than Tyson and Dirk is better than Pierce. But yes from a toughness, defensive presence stand-point the analogy stands. I watched KG provide those things as they whupped my Lakers in 2008 and I was here in DFW watching every game as Tyson did that for Dirk as they punked the Heat. Listen to a Dirk interview he has said the same thing himself on the Ben & skin show and the old Galloway and Company. I guess he is a retard. No one is saying chandler is that type of player but Pierce and Dirk needed those kind of players to solidify a defense so they could win a title.

lefty
10-10-2014, 03:55 PM
Pierce has been a clutch mofo

FkLA
10-10-2014, 04:01 PM
No one is saying that. KG is better than Tyson and Dirk is better than Pierce. But yes from a toughness, defensive presence stand-point the analogy stands. I watched KG provide those things as they whupped my Lakers in 2008 and I was here in DFW watching every game as Tyson did that for Dirk as they punked the Heat. Listen to a Dirk interview he has said the same thing himself on the Ben & skin show and the old Galloway and Company. I guess he is a retard. No one is saying chandler is that type of player but Pierce and Dirk needed those kind of players to solidify a defense so they could win a title.

That's akin to saying '05 Manu, who had a legit case for winning FMVP, needed Timmy to be his Chandler. It's retarded bc aside from being the defensive anchors Chandler was, Timmy and KG were also the best players on the 05 Spurs and 08 Celtics.

Killakobe81
10-10-2014, 04:44 PM
That's akin to saying '05 Manu, who had a legit case for winning FMVP, needed Timmy to be his Chandler. It's retarded bc aside from being the defensive anchors Chandler was, Timmy and KG were also the best players on the 05 Spurs and 08 Celtics.

Regular season many argued he Tyson was the MVp of dem Mavs.

Malik Hairston
10-10-2014, 05:53 PM
Pierce's legacy became pretty overrated after 2008 IMO, which typically occurs when a player wins a championship..

ElNono
10-10-2014, 06:09 PM

I'll take your word for it Jam, I don't remember a whole lot, but I do remember the last half season before KG and Ray got there they tanked pretty bad.

Bynumite
10-10-2014, 06:15 PM
He was on his best behavior with Artest in his face. Now he's putting his hands up like he's gonna do something :lol

http://media.trb.com/media/photo/2010-06/54398907.jpg

spurraider21
10-10-2014, 06:23 PM
Has there been a period in time where pierce was considered to be a top 5 or top 10 player? I think he's pretty overrated

Thebesteva
10-11-2014, 01:33 AM
Paul Pierce is a muthafucking stud who would kick your ass up and down the fuckin boulevard

Take a bite out that chicken...you black mother fucker

Venti Quattro
10-11-2014, 02:47 AM
:lol Gangsta Pee

TDMVPDPOY
10-11-2014, 05:16 AM
Pierce's legacy became pretty overrated after 2008 IMO, which typically occurs when a player wins a championship..

wouldnt that apply to rondo, gayray and kg also?

rondo hasnt proven shit without the other 3 players and still has no offensive game

KG benefited playin among 3 other guys who played defense, dont forget the celtics also had a bench of players who played defense, yet this clown gets teh credit for the team defense and win dpoy..