PDA

View Full Version : NBA: Embarrassing exits from the NBA..

Malik Hairston
10-10-2014, 02:12 AM
Which HOF-caliber players had the most embarrassing endings to their careers, tbh..some examples:

- Dad Killer: Playing for the Wizards..the media/players pressuring Vince Carter to give up his ASG spot..the ending of the ASG featuring the East giving DK chance after chance to make a GW, but he kept missing until finally making one at the end:lmao..missing the playoffs in a terrible Eastern Conference, etc..

- Patrick Ewing: Ending his career with 2 terrible seasons with the Orlando Magic and Seattle Sonics..

- Shaq: Phoenix, Cleveland and Boston:lol..getting embarrassed by Dwight Howard..

- Tracy McGrady: Pistons and Spurs..smh..

- Allen Iverson: Detroit and Memphis..refusing to accept a bench role..

- Shawn Kemp: ate himself out of the league, returned as a shitty, fat player with Orlando..

- Magic Johnson: getting Aids, pretty embarrassing way to go out, tbh..

King Emmanuel
10-10-2014, 02:25 AM
Phil?

lefty
10-10-2014, 02:29 AM
Lol another anti-MJ thread from you know who

Thebesteva
10-10-2014, 02:31 AM
Lol another anti-MJ thread from you know who

:lol MJ did leave a blemish by returning to the Wizards. But his die hard fans quickly forgave him. He shouldnt have come back

Venti Quattro
10-10-2014, 02:33 AM
Olajuwon ended his career unnoticed in Toronto. Quite a shame for a guy who cucked D-Rob twice in the mid-90's. Meanwhile bible thumper Robinson retires with a ring

spurraider21
10-10-2014, 02:50 AM
gilbert arenas too, although he's not in the same caliber as the guys you mentioned

Chinook
10-10-2014, 03:09 AM
gilbert arenas too, although he's not in the same caliber as the guys you mentioned

Nah. Arenas still brings the goods on Twitter. He went out just right.

Marcus Camby had a pretty poor end to his career. He pretty much ended up being a contract after he couldn't hack it in the pathetic big rotation the Knicks had two years ago. Along those lines, I think Ben Wallace is still trying to get back into the league. But at least he had that cool throwback game against Duncan during his last year or his penultimate year.

Venti Quattro
10-10-2014, 03:17 AM
Kareem also had a very disappointing ending to his storybook career. Swept the rest of the 1989 West playoffs and then Magic and Scott's hamstrings fell apart and so did the Lakers in the Finals. Could've been #6 for Showtime and one for the road for Kareem, tbh

scanry
10-10-2014, 03:22 AM
Hakeem & Shaq had the most embarrassing exits. Shaq in particular would've been wheelchair bound if he had an ill-advised fall tbh.

scanry
10-10-2014, 03:31 AM
Kareem also had a very disappointing ending to his storybook career. Swept the rest of the 1989 West playoffs and then Magic and Scott's hamstrings fell apart and so did the Lakers in the Finals. Could've been #6 for Showtime and one for the road for Kareem, tbh

You're kidding if you think the Lakers would've gotten past the Pistons in 89. That series was a sweep and the Pistons should've won in 88 too. Kareem dropped off the moment he turned 40 in the 87-88 season tbh. Kareem was an elite rebounder and for some reason his rebounding numbers alarmingly dropped off after he became a Laker.

Venti Quattro
10-10-2014, 03:40 AM
You're kidding if you think the Lakers would've gotten past the Pistons in 89.
Maybe... Detroit steamrolled everybody in 1989 but at least dem Lakeshow would've had given Detroit their best shot and not their hamstrings.

and the Pistons should've won in 88 too.
:lol Nope

TDMVPDPOY
10-10-2014, 04:30 AM
no mention of the rapists kirb?

2 injury season still hanging around to collect a paycheck to bed ridden teh franchise with his bogus contract

i can see him sittin around on that team after his 2 years is up with new cba deal, he be asking more then what his playing game is worth

unforeseen
10-10-2014, 04:57 AM
He is not retired yet.

no mention of the rapists kirb?

2 injury season still hanging around to collect a paycheck to bed ridden teh franchise with his bogus contract

i can see him sittin around on that team after his 2 years is up with new cba deal, he be asking more then what his playing game is worth

ambchang
10-10-2014, 06:38 AM
Olajuwon ended his career unnoticed in Toronto. Quite a shame for a guy who cucked D-Rob twice in the mid-90's. Meanwhile bible thumper Robinson retires with a ring

Twice? When's the other time?

resistanze
10-10-2014, 06:46 AM
:lol Toronto Olajuwon

Buddy Mignon
10-10-2014, 07:21 AM
Iverson in Turkey after no team in the NBA would allow him to sit on the bench.

Killakobe81
10-10-2014, 07:31 AM
Which HOF-caliber players had the most embarrassing endings to their careers, tbh..some examples:

- Dad Killer: Playing for the Wizards..the media/players pressuring Vince Carter to give up his ASG spot..the ending of the ASG featuring the East giving DK chance after chance to make a GW, but he kept missing until finally making one at the end:lmao..missing the playoffs in a terrible Eastern Conference, etc..

- Patrick Ewing: Ending his career with 2 terrible seasons with the Orlando Magic and Seattle Sonics..

- Shaq: Phoenix, Cleveland and Boston:lol..getting embarrassed by Dwight Howard..

- Shawn Kemp: ate himself out of the league, returned as a shitty, fat player with Orlando..

The HIV thing was bad ... the bloated "power forward" version of my GOAT PG was worse ... even if he could still pass. Kemp was also disappointing I really loved his game back in the "reign man" days with GP. I fogot who it was but someone said the "Reign man" became a "puddle" after the lockout. Lamar at his best was never as good as Prime Kemp but a lockout effectively ended both their careers.

RsxPiimp
10-10-2014, 07:55 AM

This is probably the most embarassing way to end your career. And now he's broke and random chicks at the club don't even recognize him

https://www.google.com/search?q=girl+doesnt+recognize+iverson&biw=320&bih=460&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=DNc3VI6ZBMX4yQTanoGoAw&ved=0CAgQ_AUoAw#facrc=_&imgrc=MkN1UjtPaucXuM%253A%3BbGsMDdYXS6b81M%3Bhttp% 253A%252F%252Fsportsleakers.com%252Fwp-content%252Fuploads%252F2014%252F08%252FBunaSV2IIA EeAHf.jpg%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Fsportsleakers.com%2 52Fallen-iverson-takes-a-pictures-with-a-girl-who-doesnt-know-who-he-is%252F%3B600%3B900

lefty
10-10-2014, 08:24 AM
:lol MJ did leave a blemish by returning to the Wizards. But his die hard fans quickly forgave him. He shouldnt have come back
Well it was fun to see him score 52 and 53 pts, and have 2 buzzer beaters on the road

At age 39-40 :wow

lefty
10-10-2014, 08:24 AM
Yes

That "foul" on Kareem at the end of game 6 was utter BS

Killakobe81
10-10-2014, 08:39 AM
Well it was fun to see him score 52 and 53 pts, and have 2 buzzer beaters on the road

At age 39-40 :wow

I also loved that block he made (hornets?) where he caught the ball in mid-ar ...
Wasnt always a huge Jordan fan (became one much later) but it would have been better if he ended it after he ended dem Jazz. But I dont hold it against him ...

lefty
10-10-2014, 08:43 AM
I also loved that block he made (hornets?) where he caught the ball in mid-ar ...
Wasnt always a huge Jordan fan (became one much later) but it would have been better if he ended it after he ended dem Jazz. But I dont hold it against him ...
MJ and his wicked competitive nature :lol

He HAD to come back just to prove he could play against younger stars :lol

Clipper Nation
10-10-2014, 08:49 AM
:lol Dad Killer
:lol Coming back in an even weaker era than his prime so that he could look good
:lol Still didn't win shit because Pippen wasn't around to carry him
:lol Kwame Brown

baseline bum
10-10-2014, 08:57 AM
Maybe... Detroit steamrolled everybody in 1989 but at least dem Lakeshow would've had given Detroit their best shot and not their hamstrings.

No way LA wins the 88 Finals without Isiah fucking his ankle up in Game 6, and even then, they were incredibly lucky to escape those two games. I think if you played that series 10 times Detroit wins 7+ times.

baseline bum
10-10-2014, 08:58 AM
:lol Toronto Olajuwon

LOL, I remember the preseason hype when they landed Olajuwon. :lol

Leetonidas
10-10-2014, 08:59 AM
KG is a current player who should have retired after being traded to the Nets, he has been pretty shitty the last couple of seasons tbh

lefty
10-10-2014, 09:01 AM
:lol Dad Killer
:lol Coming back in an even weaker era than his prime so that he could look good
:lol Still didn't win shit because Pippen wasn't around to carry him
:lol Kwame Brownpeople cant handle the truth :lol

MJ = GOAT :lol

lefty
10-10-2014, 09:01 AM
No way LA wins the 88 Finals without Isiah fucking his ankle up in Game 6, and even then, they were incredibly lucky to escape those two games. I think if you played that series 10 times Detroit wins 7+ times.
Troof bombs

baseline bum
10-10-2014, 09:02 AM
If I'm picking worst exit from a legit franchise player, I might go Moses Malone. He was awful in his last season with the Spurs, though I'll always remember his 75 footer he hit. :lol

Clipper Nation
10-10-2014, 09:02 AM
people cant handle the truth :lol

MJ = GOAT :lol
MVPippen :worthy:

lefty
10-10-2014, 09:08 AM
hough I'll always remember his 75 footer he hit. :lol
I still remember that one :lol it was vs the Hornets, right ?

Speaking of bad exits and Spurs

Do Wilkins :lol

Killakobe81
10-10-2014, 09:15 AM

That helped, no doubt. Lakers were running on empty ... I dont know if I buy they win 7 out of 10 I think it was a close match-up. No guarantees even if healthy that Thomas could have played like in Game 6 he was soo hot. Yet they still couldnt pull away from us. Lakers win 6 out of 10. I hate hypotheticals. Evenly matched teams but if we play 10 I say we win 6 ...

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
10-10-2014, 09:30 AM

Magic didn't go out when he got AIDS.

Venti Quattro
10-10-2014, 10:37 AM
If I'm picking worst exit from a legit franchise player, I might go Moses Malone. He was awful in his last season with the Spurs, though I'll always remember his 75 footer he hit. :lol

Dominique's exit was pretty awful too, but not on the level of, say, Hakeem

baseline bum
10-10-2014, 10:39 AM
Dominique's exit was pretty awful too, but not on the level of, say, Hakeem

Damn, I thought you were nuts since he was still a quality player on the Spurs in 96-97 even though the rest of the team was fucked. But then I saw he played on Orlando in 99. Moses was awful for a full three seasons though in Milwaukee, Philly, and SA, so I'm sticking with him.

lefty
10-10-2014, 10:41 AM
Damn, I thought you were nuts since he was still a quality player on the Spurs in 96-97 even though the rest of the team was fucked. But then I saw he played on Orlando in 99. Moses was awful for a full three seasons though in Milwaukee, Philly, and SA, so I'm sticking with him.
I remember when we kicked the Lakers' asses in 96-97 without D-Rob

Vernon Maxwell and Dominique went nuts on them :lol

Venti Quattro
10-10-2014, 10:44 AM

My bad that was a lapse of memory. It was in 1995. The other one I was thinking was Charles Barkley tearing apart the Spurs in 1993

resistanze
10-10-2014, 10:45 AM
LOL, I remember the preseason hype when they landed Olajuwon. :lol

'Back to back NBA Champion! Former MVP! 3 years 22 million!'

Venti Quattro
10-10-2014, 10:48 AM
Kidd also had a pretty awful exit although he did help NYK reach the second round before they got cucked by the Pacers. He should've retired when he won his championship ring

Look at Peja, got his retribution for 2002 and a ring to go along with it, and then he retired.

Killakobe81
10-10-2014, 10:51 AM

Yes, he did. He came back ... but Jam is right to some degree.

Dex
10-10-2014, 10:52 AM
"When I come back like Jordan, wearing the 4-5, it ain't to play games wit you"

Oh, well....shit. I guess it is.

baseline bum
10-10-2014, 10:53 AM
Kidd also had a pretty awful exit although he did help NYK reach the second round before they got cucked by the Pacers. He should've retired when he won his championship ring

No way, dude got paid $10 million in 11-12 and $3 million in 12-13. I think he maximized his earning potential pretty well.

Venti Quattro
10-10-2014, 10:54 AM
:lmao I remember Doug Collins had to play Jordan at small forward because Hamilton was playing shooting guard and he was getting torched by every decent small forward he encountered

No way, dude got paid $10 million in 11-12 and $3 million in 12-13. I think he maximized his earning potential pretty well.

Ya he did but imo he should've quit while he was on top. A lot of these stars have embarrassing exit stories mainly because of their egos fueling their desire to play more NBA basketball at 40 years old.

lefty
But he went on a killing spree

spurraider21
KG's impending exit is pretty lame

Venti Quattro
10-10-2014, 10:57 AM
KG's impending exit is pretty lame

Ditto with Paul Pierce. The only thing left to settle is who's the worse ring-chasing faggot between them, because among them Ray Allen is tops.

RsxPiimp
10-10-2014, 10:59 AM
Leaving the game when you're a former shell of yourself isn't really that embarrassing tbh. For most of these players, collecting pay checks to secure their finances at the tail end of their careers is what it's all about.

Iverson IMO is one of the few greats that left on a bitter note. He was broke with mounting legal and marital problems and no NBA team wants him in their roster. That's pretty sad considering how big Iverson was in his era.

RsxPiimp
10-10-2014, 11:05 AM
And I know Lamar isn't HOF, but that's another dude with an embarrassing exit. He went from one of the most lovable figure in LA, making 8 figures in salary to a soon to be broke ass nigga with cocaine addiction. If DJ Mbenga could make the roster and you can't, your grown ass need to wake the fuck up for real.

lefty
10-10-2014, 11:08 AM
And I know Lamar isn't HOF, but that's another dude with an embarrassing exit. He went from one of the most lovable figure in LA, making 8 figures in salary to a soon to be broke ass nigga with cocaine addiction. If DJ Mbenga could make the roster and you can't, your grown ass need to wake the fuck up for real.
Lamar has never been the same since his kid died

He gets a pass tbh

RsxPiimp
10-10-2014, 11:21 AM
Lamar has never been the same since his kid died

He gets a pass tbh
Lamar actually played his best basketball and no doubt had his best career after his kid died. It gave him an inspiration to become a better person and everything started clicking for him. But ultimately, his destructive personality just took over again after the trade in 2011. He was never the same after that, for what reason I don't know.

lefty
10-10-2014, 11:23 AM
Lamar actually played his best basketball and no doubt had his best career after his kid died. It gave him an inspiration to become a better person and everything started clicking for him. But ultimately, his destructive personality just took over again after the trade in 2011. He was never the same after that, for what reason I don't know.
ah ok

Venti Quattro
10-10-2014, 11:23 AM

Everything fell apart when he decided to hook up with that bitch pig Khloe Kardashian. He was probably thinking "fuck how can I go for the wrong one?"

RsxPiimp
10-10-2014, 11:31 AM
Everything fell apart when he decided to hook up with that bitch pig Khloe Kardashian. He was probably thinking "fuck how can I go for the wrong one?"

Yeah, maybe its the Kardashian's way of lifestyle too. I have no clue. I still think it's the trade. He took that one pretty bad and came out of shape to the Dallas camp Thread knows, what's up.

Cuban:lol

Clipper Nation
10-10-2014, 11:37 AM
Fredo: ruining teams AND lives since 2011

RsxPiimp
10-10-2014, 11:38 AM
Fredo: ruining teams AND lives since 2011

You got jokes, but this is probably all true right here.

ambchang
10-10-2014, 11:49 AM
My bad that was a lapse of memory. It was in 1995. The other one I was thinking was Charles Barkley tearing apart the Spurs in 1993

Barkley nailed an 18 footer in the closing seconds to win 6 ges. Robinson played well that series.

ulosturedge
10-10-2014, 01:51 PM
Steve Nash and Kobe about to be on this list is all I know.

Killakobe81
10-10-2014, 01:59 PM

I blame the lockout and the Veto ...The lockout messed with his personal life and the Stern veto made him feel unloved. Dallas tried to fix him but he never wanted to leave La and it ruined his mental and that was already fragile.

Infinite_limit
10-10-2014, 02:05 PM
MJ was the greatest ever 39/40 year old. How is that a poor ending?

Moral of the story all NBA guys retire disappointingly

Malik Hairston
10-10-2014, 02:22 PM
:lol no, he wasn't, and it's absolutely embarrassing..

Forcing Vince Carter to give up his ASG spot for you out of sympathy is pathetic..the entire East condescendingly giving him multiple chances to make the game winner after continuously failing, like he's an 8-year old softball player that keeps striking out, was one of the most embarrassing moments in NBA history, tbh..

Malik Hairston
10-10-2014, 02:23 PM
Hakeem actually had a solid playoffs with the Raptors, then he retired, knowing he couldn't perform consistently anymore..he's a pedo, but can't hate on the way his career ended IMO..

Same with the other pedo Karl Malone, he was still a great role player at the end of his career, injuries ended his run, can't hate..

Nash is bordering embarrassing, too..

Killakobe81
10-10-2014, 02:23 PM

Forcing Vince Carter to give up his ASG spot for you out of sympathy is pathetic..the entire East condescendingly giving him multiple chances to make the game winner after continuously failing, like he's an 8-year old softball player that keeps striking out, was one of the most embarrassing moments in NBA history, tbh..

You Kobe and Mj troll game is tight, but come on Harlem you exaggerate too much. I didnt think VC should have given up the spot ... just let him come off the bench ... but overall it wasnt that bad.

lefty
10-10-2014, 02:24 PM

He forced him because he could

MJ is alpha, end of story

Malik Hairston
10-10-2014, 02:25 PM
Yes, it's very alpha to have the media forcing Carter to give up his spot, so you wouldn't look as bad:lol..

lefty
10-10-2014, 02:26 PM
You Kobe and Mj troll game is tight, but come on Harlem you exaggerate too much. I didnt think VC should have given up the spot ... just let him come off the bench ... but overall it wasnt that bad.
I dont know what they did to MH in the 90's... but anything related to that era sends him in a meltdown

Malik Hairston
10-10-2014, 02:26 PM

Go on YouTube and watch the ending of the 2003 ASG, tbh..I remember cringing when I watched it live and thinking, "damn, this nigga is supposed to be the greatest basketball player of all-time?:lmao"..

It's like in The Wire, when Kenard sees Omar for the first time, crippled and limping.."that's Omar?! Crippled as a muhfucka"..

Killakobe81
10-10-2014, 02:29 PM
Yes, it's very alpha to have the media forcing Carter to give up his spot, so you wouldn't look as bad:lol..

How did it look bad for MJ? Sure, he was probably not 100% deserving looking at just play ... but he had some great games and moments and since the game is a popularity contest/reward for players and fans it made sense. People always say how Magical the ASG in Orlando was when Magic hit those 3's ...why not honor the GOAT in a game that means little? I didnt think VC should have given up his spot the fans voted him starter but I thought it was nice gesture even if stern or the media applied the heat.

Killakobe81
10-10-2014, 02:31 PM
Go on YouTube and watch the ending of the 2003 ASG, tbh..I remember cringing when I watched it live and thinking, "damn, this nigga is supposed to be the greatest basketball player of all-time?:lmao"..

It's like in The Wire, when Kenard sees Omar for the first time, crippled and limping.."that's Omar?! Crippled as a muhfucka"..

Great call-out and I get what you are saying but your "dad-killer" hate seems to be related to your Lebron love somehow ... but Lefty is right you piss on the 90's constantly so maybe there is something that happened in your youth ..i know you used to hoop did he shun you a chance at an autograph at a HS all-star game?

Infinite_limit
10-10-2014, 02:49 PM

Hey, he stayed an Alpha til the end. Didn't try and cock ride another contender like all these guys listed in this thread

ambchang
10-10-2014, 02:52 PM
MJ was the greatest ever 39/40 year old. How is that a poor ending?

Moral of the story all NBA guys retire disappointingly

Except the Admiral.

ambchang
10-10-2014, 03:06 PM
Back on topic, Nash is pretty bad.

Going from a 2 time MVP running a high octane offense where he broke down defense with his amazing passing to an injured bench warmer playing next to the biggest brick layer in NBA history while avoiding his children like a plague.

Oh, wait, he's not retired yet because he wants to collect money his children will never touch.

Malik Hairston
10-10-2014, 03:29 PM
Back on topic, Nash is pretty bad.

Going from a 2 time MVP running a high octane offense where he broke down defense with his amazing passing to an injured bench warmer playing next to the biggest brick layer in NBA history while avoiding his children like a plague.

Oh, wait, he's not retired yet because he wants to collect money his children will never touch.

Ya, Nash is getting pretty embarrassing, but then we have to ask, is chasing money embarrassing, in that regard?..

KG is a shell of his former self and looks awful out there, but if I was him, I couldn't say no to the type of money he's going to get paid this upcoming season, tbh, so I can't blame him..

AlexJones
10-10-2014, 04:06 PM

It was actually more like 2014 Derek Jeter being tabbed the DH and batting at #2 for the entire season despite being the worst player on the roster for the Yanks. A truly embarrassing exit that was made to look like a legendary exit by the media

Malik Hairston
10-10-2014, 05:05 PM
It was actually more like 2014 Derek Jeter being tabbed the DH and batting at #2 for the entire season despite being the worst player on the roster for the Yanks. A truly embarrassing exit that was made to look like a legendary exit by the media

:lol Jeter and Kobe have virtually identical careers, tbh, I expect Kobe to have the same type of farewell tour..

Bynumite
10-10-2014, 06:08 PM
MJ has so many iconic moments. The steal on Malone, followed by the cross and the jumper to seal ring number 6 would have been the perfect way to go out.

Returning as a Wizard was completely unnecessary but it doesn't tarnish his legacy imo.

lil_penny
10-10-2014, 06:24 PM

AaronY
10-10-2014, 06:37 PM
One guy who started out pretty good and then took a turn downhill was HarlemHeat37..I seen this movie once with Hilary Swank where she gotta get in this superdrill and then tunnel into the Earth's core to nuke it alive again and thats about the only thing I ever seen more driven into the ground than some of his latest schticks..almost rather read ambchang's latest thoughts on Kobe and win shares at this point tbh..imho.fwiw

spurraider21
10-10-2014, 07:20 PM
:lmao det analogy

10-10-2014, 08:21 PM
One guy who started out pretty good and then took a turn downhill was HarlemHeat37..I seen this movie once with Hilary Swank where she gotta get in this superdrill and then tunnel into the Earth's core to nuke it alive again and thats about the only thing I ever seen more driven into the ground than some of his latest schticks..almost rather read ambchang's latest thoughts on Kobe and win shares at this point tbh..imho.fwiw
:lmao

HI-FI
10-10-2014, 08:30 PM
Magic is one of my favorite players but what a terrible way to go out, having a tranny blow a viral load in your ass during your prime. then to pump out that black Fagasaurus.

baseline bum
10-10-2014, 08:44 PM
:lol Jeter and Kobe have virtually identical careers, tbh, I expect Kobe to have the same type of farewell tour..

LOL what? I never heard of Jeter jerking off when she left the room.

Malik Hairston
10-10-2014, 08:48 PM

Their careers in their respective sports are virtually the same, tbh(obviously completely different off the court/field:lol)..

AlexJones
10-10-2014, 08:49 PM

Jeter would've chosen a 10/10 in the first place.

HI-FI
10-10-2014, 08:50 PM
Except the Admiral.

yep, Admiral and John Elway went out in the best way possible. perfect for guys who carried teams for most of their careers.

DJR210
10-10-2014, 08:56 PM
I'm gonna go a slightly different route..

The Great Western Forum.

Lakers swept nearly single handedly by Jaren Jackson. Jaren fucking Jackson.

:lol Lakers

lefty
10-10-2014, 11:37 PM

The Great Western Forum.

:lol

scanry
10-11-2014, 12:04 AM

The Great Western Forum.

I remember Jackson. Dude was shooting lights out in that series. But looking back at that series, Duncan was beasting on offense while the Spurs were ganging up Shaq on D.

lefty
10-11-2014, 12:22 AM
Kobe Bryant

Venti Quattro
10-11-2014, 12:28 AM

:lol Kobe closing down the Alamodome with a game winner

DJR210
10-11-2014, 01:02 AM

:lol One of world's most recognizable venues w/ illustrious history > Football venue who's biggest event is Monster Jam
:lol swept by D-Lo Brown
:lol was an unemployed janitor a year before

Seventyniner
10-11-2014, 06:17 PM

Harlem with the subtle two-years-in-advance Kobe trolling.

DMC
10-11-2014, 06:30 PM
I look at MJ's wizard days about like I look at Foreman's return to boxing. They are competitors, don't know when to quit, and it does nothing to tarnish their greatness. If anything, it says they want to play whether or not they are dominant. That tells me they are competitors at heart. Iverson, he just wanted to be a star, couldn't come off the bench. Still, he was such a clown anyhow that it couldn't get any worse for him. TMac, he actually got further in SA than in his entire career prior. Shaq, just too big and too slow. I didn't see him being embarrassed. He always made the teams he was on better than they were without him (except in Phoenix and that square peg meets round hole scenario). Magic has to be the winner. Having to retire because you got fucked in the ass by a white volleyball player, then having a gay son who has to be a constant reminder of how God punishes those who escape his earlier attempts to eradicate them, that has to be the worst ever. Phil's was not so bad, at least he lost to an eventual champ and besides, he's not done.

Starbury.... comes to mind though.

DMC
10-11-2014, 06:33 PM
You thinking the Alamo Dome is closed down = typical faggot take

Have you been to the Forum lately? No not this one.

unforeseen
10-11-2014, 07:16 PM
Spurs sweep Lakers, close down Forum Led by Duncan, San Antonio gets last win at Forum

Spurs 118 Lakers 107

INGLEWOOD, Calif. There was nothing sweet about the Los Angeles Lakers' sorrow of parting with their 32-year-old home, the Great Western Forum, on Sunday.

Certainly not in their 118-107 loss to the San Antonio Spurs, who completed a 4-0 sweep in the Western Conference semifinals. "I'm going to miss this place," operations chief Jerry West said after his Lakers played their last game before moving next season into their new 20,000-seat, $350 million Staples Center in downtown Los Angeles. "We shut the Forum down," Spurs guard Mario Elie said. "That will be a good trivia question. Who was the last team to beat the Lakers and shut down the Forum? The San Antonio Spurs.

Johnny RIngo
10-11-2014, 07:29 PM
You can add Kobe to this list after he finishes his career playing on a lottery team for his last few years.

Johnny RIngo
10-11-2014, 07:43 PM
Kareem dropped off the moment he turned 40 in the 87-88 season tbh. Kareem was an elite rebounder and for some reason his rebounding numbers alarmingly dropped off after he became a Laker.

I'd argue Kareem never was an elite rebounder. Just a good one. Elite rebounders(Rodman, Barkley, Parish, Duncan, etc) maintain their ability well into their mid and late 30s. For some reason Kareem fell off a cliff after age 31. Most likely he was padding his rebounding numbers against the weaker competition during the 70s(weakest era in NBA history due to the division in talent as a result of the ABA). After the NBA/ABA merger, his rebound numbers were never all that impressive.

Kareem is probably the all-time best offensive big man(Shaq might have an argument there) but his rebounding and defense is severely overrated.

Clipper Nation
10-11-2014, 07:47 PM
Hey, he stayed an Alpha til the end. Didn't try and cock ride another contender like all these guys listed in this thread
The Wizards weren't a contender because DK was the general manager and put a shit team together...

:lol Kwame Brown

spurraider21
10-11-2014, 08:03 PM
I'd argue Kareem never was an elite rebounder. Just a good one. Elite rebounders(Rodman, Barkley, Parish, Duncan, etc) maintain their ability well into their mid and late 30s.
i dont get it. are you suggested somebody in his 20's cant be an elite rebounder?

Malik Hairston
10-11-2014, 08:41 PM
i dont get it. are you suggested somebody in his 20's cant be an elite rebounder?

How is he suggesting that?..

spurraider21
10-11-2014, 09:31 PM
How is he suggesting that?..
he said somebody can only be an elite rebounder if they maintain it into their mid-late 30's.

by those standards, if kevin love continues to pull down 15-20 rebounds per game for the next few years, and then he falls off a cliff in his mid 30's, he's not elite. either i strongly disagree or he misstated his point

phoenix219
10-12-2014, 06:05 PM
I look at MJ's wizard days about like I look at Foreman's return to boxing. They are competitors, don't know when to quit, and it does nothing to tarnish their greatness. If anything, it says they want to play whether or not they are dominant. That tells me they are competitors at heart. Iverson, he just wanted to be a star, couldn't come off the bench. Still, he was such a clown anyhow that it couldn't get any worse for him. TMac, he actually got further in SA than in his entire career prior. Shaq, just too big and too slow. I didn't see him being embarrassed. He always made the teams he was on better than they were without him (except in Phoenix and that square peg meets round hole scenario). Magic has to be the winner. Having to retire because you got fucked in the ass by a white volleyball player, then having a gay son who has to be a constant reminder of how God punishes those who escape his earlier attempts to eradicate them, that has to be the worst ever. Phil's was not so bad, at least he lost to an eventual champ and besides, he's not done.

Starbury.... comes to mind though.

In the 3 games that Shaq played in Phoenix, with Alvin Gentry as coach, with the reinstalled, 7SOL offense, and with Amare Stoudemire healthy, the Suns were beyond dominant, putting on an almost unprecedented offensive show. We will never truly know how that experiment would have gone, as the first half of the season was wasted with Terry Porter, and the second half of the season was wasted with Amare shelved. The previous year, we had stubborn MDA, no time to integrate Shaq, and Hill being injured in the playoffs.

DMC
10-12-2014, 11:58 PM
In the 3 games that Shaq played in Phoenix, with Alvin Gentry as coach, with the reinstalled, 7SOL offense, and with Amare Stoudemire healthy, the Suns were beyond dominant, putting on an almost unprecedented offensive show. We will never truly know how that experiment would have gone, as the first half of the season was wasted with Terry Porter, and the second half of the season was wasted with Amare shelved. The previous year, we had stubborn MDA, no time to integrate Shaq, and Hill being injured in the playoffs.

So then the rebuttal to my comment is that, for 3 games, the Suns were dominant? Those Suns were dominant before Shaq arrived.

DMC
10-13-2014, 12:00 AM
It's not what he's saying. He's saying elite rebounders are known over the span of their careers as elite rebounders. Having high rebounding numbers for a few seasons doesn't make you an elite rebounder in the "all time" discussion. It makes you elite in the game RIGHT NOW.

btw.. great avatar tbh...

spurraider21
10-13-2014, 12:02 AM
btw.. great avatar tbh...
enjoy it for 7 days

DMC
10-13-2014, 12:11 AM
Did you lose the bet?

spurraider21
10-13-2014, 12:18 AM
Did you lose the bet?
no this was among my winning conditions

DMC
10-13-2014, 12:43 AM
no this was among my winning conditions

At least it suits you.

Jenks
10-13-2014, 11:27 AM
Play 18 years on one team. Sell out for a ring, and then don't even get the ring. At least Payton was persistent enough with his whoring himself out to contenders that he got his.

http://cdn.fansided.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/216/files/2012/07/Karl_Malone_Lakers_Jersey.jpg

Kidd K
10-13-2014, 04:48 PM

There wasn't another time. You're dealing with a kid who possibly wasn't even alive during that postseason. He sure as hell wasn't watching basketball at the time. He apparently thinks Hakeem beat DRob in each of the postseasons he won a title in. :lol

Inb4 "I was just fishing for that response" lvl 1 troll fail tactic.