PDA

View Full Version : Marco Belinelli

ivanfromwestwood
10-11-2014, 09:32 PM
Seems like the worst player in our rotation. Dude gets too much burn to be playing like a scrub. He started off last season on fire and finished the season ok. Didnt do much in the playoffs and was a nonfactor. If he continues to be a nonfactor towards the allstar break should we trade him.

spurraider21
10-11-2014, 09:35 PM
he's a good regular season contributor and can relieve manu of minutes

Uriel
10-11-2014, 09:49 PM
A lot of people don't realize that, outside of the Big 4, Belinelli led the Spurs in regular season minutes. His contributions, from his 3-pt shooting to his playmaking, were invaluable to us getting that #1 overall seed in the first place.

Mikeanaro
10-11-2014, 09:52 PM
He is ok you are too impatient, are you a bandwagoner? you sound like one.

benefactor
10-11-2014, 09:54 PM
Seems like the worst player in our rotation. Dude gets too much burn to be playing like a scrub. He started off last season on fire and finished the season ok. Didnt do much in the playoffs and was a nonfactor. If he continues to be a nonfactor towards the allstar break should we trade him.
Shut the fuck up you fucking piece of shit grey. Go play with your dick to some old DRob highlights.

look_at_g_shred
10-11-2014, 09:56 PM
Subtle troll.

exstatic
10-11-2014, 10:04 PM
Subtle troll.

Not really subtle. Most on this board are fairly obvious.

hooperflash
10-11-2014, 10:06 PM
Isn't he smart with the ball?

ducks
10-11-2014, 10:09 PM
dude most fa take 2 years to get used to the spur way

spurraider21
10-11-2014, 10:11 PM
A lot of people don't realize that Belinelli led the Spurs in regular season minutes.
I probably didn't realize that because it was Duncan that led the Spurs in regular season minutes

RD2191
10-11-2014, 10:16 PM
I probably didn't realize that because it was Duncan that led the Spurs in regular season minutes
:lol

RD2191
10-11-2014, 10:17 PM
Dude is pretty worthless when he isn't making shots. Member when Pop benched Green in favor of Marco last year?:lol

spurraider21
10-11-2014, 10:18 PM
Dude is pretty worthless when he isn't making shots. Member when Pop benched Green in favor of Marco last year?:lol
he was just preserving Green for the playoffs.... which led to :lobt2:

RD2191
10-11-2014, 10:19 PM
he was just preserving Green for the playoffs.... which led to :lobt2:

100%duncan
10-11-2014, 11:00 PM
c5dz5DCjrUM

That's it and that's all.

Chinook
10-11-2014, 11:52 PM
c5dz5DCjrUM

That's it and that's all.

:lol Like that makes up for all the negative aspects of Beli's outing.

timtonymanu
10-12-2014, 12:03 AM
Beli did his job in the regular season last year.

But let's not act like he did well in the playoffs (outside of the huge shot in Game 3). I'll give him the benefit for being new to the team. Thankfully, the Spurs don't need to rely on him like they do with Leonard and Green.

100%duncan
10-12-2014, 12:22 AM
:lol Like that makes up for all the negative aspects of Beli's outing.

Wait do you mean his outing in 2 pre-season games? So that "outing" automatically negates his impact last year in the regular season?

Beli misses that shot and half of ST might not be here at this very moment.

Silver&Black
10-12-2014, 12:24 AM

Is this MPG or Total Minutes? Thought Kiwi lead them in MPG....but he did miss time with the broken claw.

100%duncan
10-12-2014, 12:25 AM
BTW, I'm not a Beli lover nor a hater. But you guys need to take a chill pill in analyzing preseason games. Act like you've been there.

Chinook
10-12-2014, 12:25 AM
Wait do you mean his outing in 2 pre-season games?

Nope. I mean his career in general and his Finals series in particular.

dabom
10-12-2014, 01:11 AM
Dude is 4th string. Trash.

cjw
10-12-2014, 01:21 AM
Is this MPG or Total Minutes? Thought Kiwi lead them in MPG....but he did miss time with the broken claw.

Total minutes - ate a lot of minutes that helped them reach the #1 seed. Not that he was eating 40 a night like a #4 starter in baseball who goes 230 innings a season (Livan Hernandez style).

DesignatedT
10-12-2014, 01:28 AM
He's a good 5th guard and a great regular season rotation player. Don't get the hate. Guy does a lot of good things, has a great attitude and plays the style of ball that fits perfectly here.

Silver&Black
10-12-2014, 02:25 AM
Nice Livan Hernandez mention tbh

mkurts
10-12-2014, 03:15 AM
Wow Belinelli is the worst player in the rotation ? ? Worse than Ayres ?

Uriel
10-12-2014, 07:41 AM
Sorry, I meant outside of the Big 4. :lol Read that fact sometime ago from an article in Pounding the Rock and didn't bother to ascertain its veracity.

Raven
10-12-2014, 08:10 AM
i'll be frank, anyone thinking he is any better than bottom 10 in the league doesn't deserve to live.

exstatic
10-12-2014, 08:21 AM
Nope. I mean his career in general and his Finals series in particular.

You mean the Finals where he shot 47% and 44% from beyond the arc? That Finals?

KL2
10-12-2014, 08:23 AM
I'm hoping he transformed his body from last year and pulled a Mills. His lack of athleticism will be his undoing.

Honestly, fuck the regular season, the playoffs does not = the RS. Shortened rotations, defensive game planning, teams are rested, teams actually try, shots and easy passes you were doing for 82 games are suddenly not available in the playoffs, every mistake is amplified.

I know he did do cross fit this year (weight lifting probably screwed up his shot that's why he's so off), so it may benefit him defensively.

100%duncan
10-12-2014, 08:49 AM
i'll be frank, anyone thinking he is any better than bottom 10 in the league doesn't deserve to live.

I'd rather die than be stupid.

exstatic
10-12-2014, 09:37 AM
I'd rather die than be stupid.

Raven is pretty much a fuckwit

Chinook
10-12-2014, 09:40 AM
You mean the Finals where he shot 47% and 44% from beyond the arc? That Finals?

Yes, the Finals series where he was awful defensively and where his scoring didn't make up for it. Those Finals.

And no, I don't hate Beli. But him making one shot doesn't mean that his shortcomings aren't real an concerning. Beli is competing with Joseph and Baynes for worst player in the rotation. That's not so much an insult as it is the reality.

Brazil
10-12-2014, 09:44 AM
Funny to note he is manu favorite target on assist tbh

dat manu transforms a scrub on a serviceable guy

bigfan
10-12-2014, 10:11 AM
Shut the fuck up you fucking piece of shit grey. Go play with your dick to some old DRob highlights.

well said

exstatic
10-12-2014, 10:36 AM
Yes, the Finals series where he was awful defensively and where his scoring didn't make up for it. Those Finals.

And no, I don't hate Beli. But him making one shot doesn't mean that his shortcomings aren't real an concerning. Beli is competing with Joseph and Baynes for worst player in the rotation. That's not so much an insult as it is the reality.

He's never going to be great defensively. What he is is a deadeye shooter off your bench who can create a little, being paid half the average NBA salary. He allows Manu to not have to carry ALL of the scoring and creating load for the bench.

Perhaps you're setting the bar too high...

100%duncan
10-12-2014, 10:38 AM
Good point by exstatic tbh. I think we shouldn't really expect Beli to be a defensive player. You can't have it all. That's why you have Timmy and Tiago in the middle, DG and Kawhi( wings that can lockdown anyone in the NBA) and team D overall.

Chinook
10-12-2014, 10:51 AM
He's never going to be great defensively. What he is is a deadeye shooter off your bench who can create a little, being paid half the average NBA salary. He allows Manu to not have to carry ALL of the scoring and creating load for the bench.

Again, don't hate Beli. I had my issues with his signing, but he's been good value. I don't think he's a very good NBA player, though. Considering the Spurs had the full MLE, they could have done better. They tried to (Korver, Kirilenk:lol) but what can you do?

Raven
10-12-2014, 11:24 AM

He's a good shooter when open, but whenever guarded he's a phantom. He does not create or do anything else and is grossly overpaid.

barbacoataco
10-12-2014, 01:55 PM
His defensive weakness is exposed against some teams, while other match ups are more favorable, like the Portland series last year. He shot 42% on 3pt in the playoffs last year and hit some big shots. Overall he is worth having, as long as Spurs recognize the bad match ups and play him less. Obviously if he was a better defensive player he would be a way more valuable, but it is what is.

barbacoataco
10-12-2014, 01:57 PM
The point I'm making is a guy who shoots 42% 3 pt in the playoffs isn't really a choker.

Raven
10-12-2014, 02:00 PM
The point I'm making is a guy who shoots 42% 3 pt in the playoffs isn't really a choker.

the point is easily denied by the fact he was passing every shot..

barbacoataco
10-12-2014, 02:08 PM
Look back at the history of Spurs playoff series to see some of the choke jobs that were perpetrated on us. I acknowledge his defensive shortcomings. Just saying he did hit his 3's and he played well in at least the Portland series.

I guess going back to the OP he is one of the weakest current Spurs. But that just shows how strong their roster is. He is a starter on many NBA teams.

SpursFan86
10-12-2014, 02:09 PM
Not really subtle. Most on this board are fairly obvious.

It kinda amazes me how so many people here still constantly fall for them no matter what though.

xmas1997
10-12-2014, 07:31 PM
Subtle troll.

:lmao

ivanfromwestwood
10-12-2014, 07:40 PM

This is exactly what i mean. How many teams has he been on again?

wildchild
10-12-2014, 09:45 PM
I wanted a true SF backup that summer but I understand why the Spurs signed Marco.

Manu had a noticeable decline in 2013 playoffs and they thought Beli could be the guy to help him as playmaker and scorer playing with the second unit, maybe they also thought he could be his replacement next years.
But even when Marco is having a great scoring night he hurts the team more than he helps, just look the last game against the Knicks.
Fortunately, Manu was amazing and the Spurs didn't need Beli in the playoffs.

IMO he eating Danny/Kawhi minutes in regular season isn't a good thing.
The team need to develop Leonard, and I rather Green's defense over Belinelli's offense because Tony -or Patty-, Manu and Beli is an unbalanced perimeter.

in my eyes 911
10-12-2014, 10:52 PM
Sigh, the internet...

I really hope no one on the Spurs run a Google search on themselves (what famous person does that?) and come across our little board. They might think all Spurs fans are ungrateful morons.

Marco ended the Heats 10-0 run in game 3 and started the 14-0 run the Spurs had in game 5. Despite limited minutes he never complained, waited for his number to be called and was an overall great teammate.

Threads like this one and the Manu/Tony posts make me embarrassed to be a Spurs fan. Get out, we just won a championship and brought the whole team back.

dreamerspur
10-13-2014, 01:45 AM
Well said in my eyes 911

ivanfromwestwood
10-13-2014, 06:28 AM
Quit sucking his meat. Dude made one fucking clutch shot. That does not make him a good player. Hopefully he does better this year. After winning the 3pt contest it seems like he let his foot off the gas

benstanfield
10-13-2014, 10:18 PM
I can't believe our 3m/year three point champion can't also play good defense. Overpaid and overvalued tbh.

Chinook
10-13-2014, 10:25 PM
I can't believe our 3m/year three point champion can't also play good defense. Overpaid and overvalued tbh.

Well, the Spurs did have a $3M Finals three-point record setter who also played elite defense...

timtonymanu
10-13-2014, 11:12 PM
Sigh, the internet...

I really hope no one on the Spurs run a Google search on themselves (what famous person does that?) and come across our little board. They might think all Spurs fans are ungrateful morons.

Marco ended the Heats 10-0 run in game 3 and started the 14-0 run the Spurs had in game 5. Despite limited minutes he never complained, waited for his number to be called and was an overall great teammate.

Threads like this one and the Manu/Tony posts make me embarrassed to be a Spurs fan. Get out, we just won a championship and brought the whole team back.

You should be here during the game threads if you think these kind of threads are bad.

benstanfield
10-13-2014, 11:12 PM
Well, the Spurs did have a $3M Finals three-point record setter who also played elite defense...

And thus he became worth ~7-10m

Obstructed_View
10-13-2014, 11:18 PM

...at which point he stopped being a $3m player. Beli's what he was when the Spurs signed him, and what he's been on other teams. OP's suddenly up in arms because he was bad through two exhibition games, tbh.

testies
10-14-2014, 02:20 AM
watching that video, why the fuck did they double Splitter outside of the paint? they did that numerous times

ivanfromwestwood
10-14-2014, 06:21 AM
...at which point he stopped being a $3m player. Beli's what he was when the Spurs signed him, and what he's been on other teams. OP's suddenly up in arms because he was bad through two exhibition games, tbh.
He has played like shit dating back to the regular season last year.

barbacoataco
10-14-2014, 07:20 AM
If his playoffs were so terrible how did he shoot 42% 3 pt?

exstatic
10-14-2014, 07:21 AM

Reg season .485 FG% .430 3G% 80 games 25.2 mins

Post season .444 FG% .421 3G% 23 games 11 mins

Yeah, let's ignore facts and go with hysteria.

Obstructed_View
10-14-2014, 12:03 PM

Either your standards are way too high for the money he's being paid, or you're gonna need to provide some examples.

Baam
10-14-2014, 01:08 PM
Either your standards are way too high for the money he's being paid, or you're gonna need to provide some examples.

After the all star break he was pretty damn bad.

Obstructed_View
10-14-2014, 02:21 PM
After the all star break he was pretty damn bad.

Really.

http://bkref.com/tiny/EEwSR

ceperez
10-14-2014, 03:44 PM
Really.

Belinelli is a monster in the regular season.

Raven
10-14-2014, 04:35 PM
Really.

.333 or less in 15 games of 28 from range, .43 or less in fg% in 16.. 3 or less reb in 20 games 3 or less ass in 21.. that's bad. add to that his awful defensive rating and overall cancerous play and there's your bottom 3 player in the league.

trypldubl
10-14-2014, 05:47 PM
http://i.ytimg.com/i/FzbVtEd5WFDl7fdbCta_cA/mq1.jpg
http://imageserver.moviepilot.com/alex-table-the-walking-dead-walking-dead-season-6-premiere-recap-5-things-you-might-have-missed.png?width=560&height=234

Thought he got cut up on Sunday night?

Obstructed_View
10-15-2014, 06:17 AM
.333 or less in 15 games of 28 from range, .43 or less in fg% in 16.. 3 or less reb in 20 games 3 or less ass in 21.. that's bad. add to that his awful defensive rating and overall cancerous play and there's your bottom 3 player in the league.

To be more precise, he shot 42% from the floor, 48% from two point range, 40% on threes, played 25 minutes, averaged 11.6 points, 2.4 assists, 2.6 rebounds and less than one turnover per game. All of those numbers are close to his averages for the year and are as good or better than the numbers he's put up anywhere else he's been. Maybe you'd like to explain to everyone how that's not worth what he's being paid.

Raven
10-15-2014, 06:22 AM
To be more precise, he shot 42% from the floor, 48% from two point range, 40% on threes, played 25 minutes, averaged 11.6 points, 2.4 assists, 2.6 rebounds and less than one turnover per game. All of those numbers are close to his averages for the year and are as good or better than the numbers he's put up anywhere else he's been. Maybe you'd like to explain to everyone how that's not worth what he's being paid.

simply put, he statpadded in meaningless games that we won by the time he even got on the floor (which was a fairly common occurance last year) and that's what my statistic tells you. i find it incredibly funny that his biggest clutch shot was a wide open 3pointer in a game we were around +20 when he came on the floor and were almost putting away simply because he was playing. Honestly, if the dallas series did not tell people that he is as bad as it gets in the league, than i can't help you people. I mean, it's literally put him on the floor and the opposing team gets hot...

exstatic
10-15-2014, 06:27 AM
Argle Bargle!!!!

Obstructed_View
10-15-2014, 06:34 AM
simply put, he statpadded in meaningless games that we won by the time he even got on the floor (which was a fairly common occurance last year) and that's what my statistic tells you. i find it incredibly funny that his biggest clutch shot was a wide open 3pointer in a game we were around +20 when he came on the floor and were almost putting away simply because he was playing. Honestly, if the dallas series did not tell people that he is as bad as it gets in the league, than i can't help you people. I mean, it's literally put him on the floor and the opposing team gets hot...

Simply put, he started six of those games and averaged 19 points per game. Even more simply put, he played 25 minutes a game, so I'm unsure how your math tells you that the game was over before he was subbed in. Again, you need to say what you expect of a bench player that gets paid what he gets paid. You need to explain how he's become deficient since he was on any other team, because it looks to me like he's a better version of himself with the Spurs than he was when before they signed him.

Raven
10-15-2014, 06:41 AM
Simply put, he started six of those games and averaged 19 points per game. Even more simply put, he played 25 minutes a game, so I'm unsure how your math tells you that the game was over before he was subbed in. Again, you need to say what you expect of a bench player that gets paid what he gets paid. You need to explain how he's become deficient since he was on any other team, because it looks to me like he's a better version of himself with the Spurs than he was when before they signed him.

he was always terrible, i don't see why you're surprised.. just check the defensive rating, considering it's a team based stat, his awfulness gets multiplied since his teammates are top notch in the category. And i'm sure you don't want to talk about the games he started :lol

Obstructed_View
10-15-2014, 06:54 AM
he was always terrible, i don't see why you're surprised.. just check the defensive rating, considering it's a team based stat, his awfulness gets multiplied since his teammates are top notch in the category. And i'm sure you don't want to talk about the games he started :lol

I don't think he's terrible. You said he was a bottom-3 player in the league. You might as well go look it up and bring his defensive rating into the conversation, since every other fucking stat has showed what an idiot you are. I'll wait. (Hint: His defensive rating is one point less than Boris Diaw and two points better than Tony Parker)

And I'm fine talking about the games he started. Find another 19 ppg starter who makes 2.7 million or less. Again, I'll wait.

Raven
10-15-2014, 07:07 AM
I don't think he's terrible. You said he was a bottom-3 player in the league. You might as well go look it up and bring his defensive rating into the conversation, since every other fucking stat has showed what an idiot you are. I'll wait. (Hint: His defensive rating is one point less than Boris Diaw and two points better than Tony Parker)

And I'm fine talking about the games he started. Find another 19 ppg starter who makes 2.7 million or less. Again, I'll wait.

bottom 10 clearly, personally i consider him the second most cancerous player in the league just behind bargnani. he has a 102.6 drt, diaw 101 and tony 100.8... you do know that drtg is better if it's lower right?

Bartleby
10-15-2014, 08:48 AM
i consider him the second most cancerous player in the league just behind bargnani

:lmao

BG_Spurs_Fan
10-15-2014, 08:57 AM
Clearly a bias against italians :cry

Obstructed_View
10-15-2014, 11:54 AM
bottom 10 clearly, personally i consider him the second most cancerous player in the league just behind bargnani. he has a 102.6 drt, diaw 101 and tony 100.8... you do know that drtg is better if it's lower right?

According to basketball reference, his defensive rating is 105. 104 for Diaw and 107 for Parker. Not great, but his offensive rating was third on the team for players in the rotation. His PER for last season was 15.0, league average. Sorry. If you hate him, you're just going to have to man up and accept that there's no evidence to back you up.

Raven
10-15-2014, 11:57 AM
According to basketball reference, his defensive rating is 105. 104 for Diaw and 107 for Parker. Not great, but his offensive rating was third on the team for players in the rotation. His PER for last season was 15.0, league average. Sorry. If you hate him, you're just going to have to man up and accept that there's no evidence to back you up.

so you saw a stat saying belinelli was third in defensive rating and you believed it? :lol

Obstructed_View
10-15-2014, 12:06 PM
so you saw a stat saying belinelli was third in defensive rating and you believed it? :lol

Where was that stat? I certainly didn't see it. Go back and read it again.

spurraider21
10-15-2014, 12:06 PM
marco's defense was exposed in the playoffs against better competition, thats all it was. he's a good regular season player... and can come in for minutes at a time in the playoffs to hit a shot or two. his shot against miami in game 3 established the momentum for the series

benefactor
10-15-2014, 12:08 PM
Clearly a bias against italians :cry
Pretty sure Raven had some Italian guy give her the long, thick sausage and never called her again.

Raven
10-15-2014, 12:09 PM
Where was that stat? I certainly didn't see it. Go back and read it again.

i'm sorry, you're right.. don't know why you switched to offensive rating though, felt uncomfortable?..

Raven
10-15-2014, 12:10 PM
Pretty sure Raven had some Italian guy give her the long, thick sausage and never called her again.

shut up, you still need to apologise for every time i was right and you were wrong about the guy. Don't dare me to bump those..

benefactor
10-15-2014, 12:14 PM
Confirmed, tbh.

spurraider21
10-15-2014, 12:38 PM
:cry our 3rd shooting guard can't play big minutes in the playoffs/finals. cut him now

look_at_g_shred
10-15-2014, 02:57 PM
Belinelli Signs. Wins Championship for the first time in 7 years. Coincidence?

Chinook
10-15-2014, 03:17 PM
Belinelli Signs. Wins Championship for the first time in 7 years. Coincidence?

Doubt it has anything to do with Beli. Ayres has been to two consecutive conference finals. Gotta believe that Jeff was the real missing piece here.

Mel_13
10-15-2014, 03:38 PM
Doubt it has anything to do with Beli. Ayres has been to two consecutive conference finals. Gotta believe that Jeff was the real missing piece here.

Think bigger. It was the combination of the two that led to the ultimate prize. Brilliant use of the MLE, rarely equaled in recent years.

barbacoataco
10-15-2014, 05:00 PM
Anyone saying he is one of the worst players in the NBA doesn't watch much NBA basketball. There are any number of no defense players in the league. It really doesn't matter much in the regular season and many teams never make the playoffs.

FuzzyLumpkins
10-15-2014, 05:57 PM
Belli seemed to have poor core strength and it hurt him on both ends of the floor. His shooting stroke masks it on the offensive end but he got pushed around especially when he was asked to play out of position at the 3.

Belli was doing cross training which is designed to build core strength and if he improves his base that could help. Splitter went through a similar transition when he got here. He is never going to be overpowering but functional with that shooting stroke would go a long way.

ivanfromwestwood
10-16-2014, 10:05 PM
Good for 15th man on roster. Has he even made a shot this preseason?

wildchild
10-17-2014, 01:15 AM
The face of franchise right now...he played more minutes in these three preseason games than any guy on the team...
http://i.imgur.com/moJoj8Vl.jpg

:rolleyes

Raven
10-17-2014, 09:01 AM
:lol -32
:lol 29 minutes
:lol game lost by 31
:lol high bbiq
:lol knockdown shooter can't hit even the sea
:lol average defender gets abused by pizza guy and archie fucking goodwin allowing 5/6 from range

Skull-1
10-17-2014, 05:42 PM

Wow. Worst Take of the Year nominee ^^^^^.

Mr Bones
10-17-2014, 06:26 PM
According to basketball-reference.com, the active players Belinelli most closely resembles in terms of win shares are Tyreke Evans (making $11,000,000 this year), Eric Gordon (making $14,800,000 this year), Steve Blake (making $2,100,000 this year), and Nate Robinson (making $2,100,000). Belinelli will make $2,870,000 this season. Seems like a pretty good deal.

Chinook
10-17-2014, 07:54 PM
I do think people are starting to harp too much on how good of a value Beli's deal is. The Spurs aren't against the tax. The had the full MLE each of the last two seasons. They could have afforded to pay someone else more money. For example, I would have taken Korver on a full-MLE deal over Beli on his value deal any day (and, no, I'm not blaming the Spurs for not getting Korver; they did what they could). Webster? Probably. Carter for the contract he got this year? Good chance, though he's a little too old.

In case anyone is wonder, Ayres was also good value for his contract. I don't hate Beli, but I still feel like the team wasted an opportunity to get an impact player. I really hope the team doesn't earmark money for Marco before looking at next year's free-agent class.

Mr Bones
10-17-2014, 09:34 PM
True-- but wanting a player and getting a player are two things that can be worlds apart. I wanted the Spurs to get Josh McRoberts because I thought his style of play would fit in perfectly with the Spurs' system and he could be had for the MLE. The Spurs reportedly showed interest in him, but he decided to go elsewhere... I also thought Mike Dunleavy would've been a better choice than Belinelli, but he chose Chicago.

dabom
10-17-2014, 10:38 PM
:lol average defender gets abused by pizza guy and archie fucking goodwin allowing 5/6 from range

Dex
10-17-2014, 10:44 PM
Marco looks bad so far. But he'll come around. I still expect a solid season (although haters will continue to hate because he's not the Spurs leading scorer.)

Chinook
10-17-2014, 10:47 PM
Marco looks bad so far. But he'll come around. I still expect a solid season (although haters will continue to hate because he's not the Spurs leading scorer.)

So long as at least one of him or Anderson shows up, I'm fine.

Obstructed_View
10-18-2014, 02:40 PM
:lmao Ignores an entire year of stats, broken down a half dozen different ways.
:lmao Feels vindicated by a preseason game in which the starting lineup and the coach didn't even make the trip.

Obstructed_View
10-20-2014, 04:49 AM

Fireball
10-20-2014, 04:54 AM

Baam
10-20-2014, 05:14 AM
:lmao Ignores an entire year of stats, broken down a half dozen different ways.
:lmao Feels vindicated by a preseason game in which the starting lineup and the coach didn't even make the trip.

Dont get too attached, there was no player that made the Spurs better by checking out of the game last year. If they got rid of Neal then they'll get rid of Beli. Raven was right from day one tbh.

Johnny RIngo
10-20-2014, 05:22 AM
I do think people are starting to harp too much on how good of a value Beli's deal is.

The problem is people putting too much emphasis on box score stats. Beli seems like a decent player when you guage his performance using that criteria. Unfortunately, he's an atrocious player when you look at his impact metrics. Definitely not worth the contract in that case.

Hopefully Pop and the FO decide not to bring him back next year. His defense is among the worst in the league. He's belongs on a lottery team or in Europe somewhere.

Raven
10-20-2014, 07:03 AM

what?

BG_Spurs_Fan
10-20-2014, 07:18 AM
The problem is people putting too much emphasis on box score stats. Beli seems like a decent player when you guage his performance using that criteria. Unfortunately, he's an atrocious player when you look at his impact metrics. Definitely not worth the contract in that case.

Hopefully Pop and the FO decide not to bring him back next year. His defense is among the worst in the league. He's belongs on a lottery team or in Europe somewhere.

Which ones?

Obstructed_View
10-20-2014, 09:16 AM
Dont get too attached, there was no player that made the Spurs better by checking out of the game last year. If they got rid of Neal then they'll get rid of Beli. Raven was right from day one tbh.

I guess we'll find out his value when they do. If he's a bottom-ten player, then the Spurs will have to release him.

Obstructed_View
10-20-2014, 09:18 AM
what?
Oh I'm sorry, did you stop trolling the preseason box scores when Marco led the team in scoring?

Raven
10-20-2014, 10:01 AM
Oh I'm sorry, did you stop trolling the preseason box scores when Marco led the team in scoring?

kobe led the lakers in scoring tonight, does that make him good? i've hated on him almost every time he led in scoring or close to, since it was commonly associated with a loss (remeber the time when DG and Kawhi were absent?). He wouldn't be cancerous if he wasn't able to pile up meaningless stats here and there, and yes he was terrible this time too, chucking bad shots after bad shots (that luckily for him went in sometimes)

Johnny RIngo
10-20-2014, 11:04 AM
Which ones?

On/Off, RAPM, etc.

All the numbers say he's marginal on offense. Decent at best. But his defense is really fucking bad. RAPM, for example, had him as the 14th worst defender in the league. He's just not contributing enough on offense to offset that terrible D.

ElNono
10-20-2014, 11:17 AM
Marco is on the Spurs because when the Spurs called, he picked up and was eager to play here, even (as he said) when he had better offers in front of him. It's the kind of character stuff the Spurs love, above metrics or anything else. Then he'll either fit or not (I think for the most part, he did), and now comes the challenge of getting better within the system. The Spurs will give him time to do that, or eventually slot him in a reduced role (see Bonner, Matt). I think the Spurs are pleased with what they got off Marco for that contract in his first year.

Skull-1
10-20-2014, 11:33 AM

Well then we need him otherwise Manu will go back to sucking the most...

Raven
10-20-2014, 11:35 AM
Well then we need him otherwise Manu will go back to sucking the most...

how about playing DG or Cory?

Dre_7
10-20-2014, 12:31 PM
I love how people like to complain about some of the bench players.

What was the Spurs regular season record last year? And how did they finish in the playoffs?

Obviously, there isn't too much wrong with their rotation. It's all about giving the main guys the rest they need during the regular season.

Skull-1
10-20-2014, 11:00 PM
how about playing DG or Cory?

Joseph saved the season going monster on Ibaka.

littlecoyotecoin
10-20-2014, 11:07 PM
Marco is on the Spurs because when the Spurs called, he picked up and was eager to play here, even (as he said) when he had better offers in front of him. It's the kind of character stuff the Spurs love, above metrics or anything else. Then he'll either fit or not (I think for the most part, he did), and now comes the challenge of getting better within the system. The Spurs will give him time to do that, or eventually slot him in a reduced role (see Bonner, Matt). I think the Spurs are pleased with what they got off Marco for that contract in his first year.

Best summary.

Budkin
10-21-2014, 02:02 PM
#belichamp bitches.