PDA

View Full Version : What does this stat say about Kawhi and Manu's relationship as teammates ?

Brazil
10-12-2014, 09:01 AM
In RS, manu had 293 assists, 26 led to a FG for Kawhi i.e 0.09. By comparaison Parker gave .14 of his assists to Kawhi. For the record tim got 46 of manu's assists, 0.16 during RS, both tim and Kawhi played roughly same amount of minutes with Manu.

in POs manu gave 8 of his 95 assists to Kawhi... 0,08 less than rs while parker increased his contribution to Kawhi at .20. Even more interesting, tim got 32 of manu's assist, .33 which is higher than Parker to Duncan in POs that was .25 iirc.

but I guess Parker does not like Kawhi and don't give him the ball cauz you know he did not do the hand sign :cry while Manu loves him... He did the sign :cry

cjw
10-12-2014, 11:39 AM
I see what you did there

Though the Parker bashers will point to the fact that Kawhi and Tony played 1,364 regular season minutes together while Kawhi and Manu played 644 minutes together. Parker and Manu totaled 1997 and 1550 minutes, respectively, so there was a lot more Parker-Kawhi court time as a percentage than Manu-Kawhi (68% of Parker's minutes to 42% of Manu's minutes). So adjusted for minutes, the 0.14 and 0.09 are pretty close.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/plus/lineup_finder.cgi?request=1&player_id=&match=single&lineup_type=2-man&output=total&year_id=2014&is_playoffs=N&team_id=SAS&opp_id=&game_num_min=0&game_num_max=99&game_month=&game_location=&game_result=&c1stat=&c1comp=ge&c1val=&c2stat=&c2comp=ge&c2val=&c3stat=&c3comp=ge&c3val=&c4stat=&c4comp=ge&c4val=&order_by=diff_pts

Brazil
10-12-2014, 01:44 PM
I see what you did there

Though the Parker bashers will point to the fact that Kawhi and Tony played 1,364 regular season minutes together while Kawhi and Manu played 644 minutes together. Parker and Manu totaled 1997 and 1550 minutes, respectively, so there was a lot more Parker-Kawhi court time as a percentage than Manu-Kawhi (68% of Parker's minutes to 42% of Manu's minutes). So adjusted for minutes, the 0.14 and 0.09 are pretty close.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/plus/lineup_finder.cgi?request=1&player_id=&match=single&lineup_type=2-man&output=total&year_id=2014&is_playoffs=N&team_id=SAS&opp_id=&game_num_min=0&game_num_max=99&game_month=&game_location=&game_result=&c1stat=&c1comp=ge&c1val=&c2stat=&c2comp=ge&c2val=&c3stat=&c3comp=ge&c3val=&c4stat=&c4comp=ge&c4val=&order_by=diff_pts

thats why I also mentioned Duncan that played same amount of minutes with manu than Kawhi and yet tim received the
double of assists. But yeah you are right considering minutes TP and manu ratio are close but one parker does not like
him and don't give him the ball. Same parker that contrary to manu increased his assists in POs to Kawhi but then again
he did not do the hand sign cauz u know he is jealous.

ElNono
10-12-2014, 02:31 PM
It just means Tony doesn't pass enough to Manu so he can feed Kawhi, but whatever the Spurs are doing is working, so you don't mess with success, tbh

Brazil
10-12-2014, 03:13 PM
It just means Tony doesn't pass enough to Manu so he can feed Kawhi, but whatever the Spurs are doing is working, so you don't mess with success, tbh

it means your client does not like Kawhi tbh no way u can spin dat shit

KL2
10-12-2014, 03:19 PM
What kind of assists were they, the simple kick out in the corner? What about all the missed post ups, mismatches, cuts, etc. passed up for some crappy shot late in the shot clock, those stats don't tell you these things, Leonard gets open a lot and gets ignored a lot. Parker finally started passing the ball more when he was injured, when he was forced to in the playoffs, everyone knows this. They only go to Leonard when they have to, when nobody else can get shit done, Leonard is always stepping up to the occasion and they know it.

Manu also isn't the primary ball handler on this team either, that's Parker/Mills.

Chinook
10-12-2014, 03:26 PM
Manu also isn't the primary ball handler on this team either, that's Parker/Mills.

SMGDH.

EVAY
10-12-2014, 03:27 PM
In RS, manu had 293 assists, 26 led to a FG for Kawhi i.e 0.09. By comparaison Parker gave .14 of his assists to Kawhi. For the record tim got 46 of manu's assists, 0.16 during RS, both tim and Kawhi played roughly same amount of minutes with Manu.

in POs manu gave 8 of his 95 assists to Kawhi... 0,08 less than rs while parker increased his contribution to Kawhi at .20. Even more interesting, tim got 32 of manu's assist, .33 which is higher than Parker to Duncan in POs that was .25 iirc.

but I guess Parker does not like Kawhi and don't give him the ball cauz you know he did not do the hand sign :cry while Manu loves him... He did the sign :cry

:lol:toast

Mikeanaro
10-12-2014, 03:28 PM
WTF!? so this was the most kickass season ever and because you want glorify Parker since he wasnt so relevant in the PO you just simply say Gino doesnt like Kawhi based on less assists?
Manu was a huge factor and if he didnt pass the ball to Kawhi is just because it wasnt the right moment and since Tony must play like a PG and pass the ball in order to win (since his hero ball hurt us a lot) he should assist more dont you agree?
Live with it.

HI-FI
10-12-2014, 03:28 PM
thats why I also mentioned Duncan that played same amount of minutes with manu than Kawhi and yet tim received the
double of assists. But yeah you are right considering minutes TP and manu ratio are close but one parker does not like
him and don't give him the ball. Same parker that contrary to manu increased his assists in POs to Kawhi but then again
he did not do the hand sign cauz u know he is jealous.
maybe it was something more simple, like he hurt his hand from shooting excessive heroes so couldn't make the sign.

Mel_13
10-12-2014, 03:29 PM

:lmao

ElNono
10-12-2014, 03:29 PM
it means your client does not like Kawhi tbh no way u can spin dat shit

I can spin it, tbh, but it's not worth it. We da champs, whatever they're doing its working.

TheGreatYacht
10-12-2014, 04:59 PM
Manu fans are getting out of hand SMFH

Brazil
10-12-2014, 06:17 PM
What kind of assists were they, the simple kick out in the corner? What about all the missed post ups, mismatches, cuts, etc. passed up for some crappy shot late in the shot clock, those stats don't tell you these things, Leonard gets open a lot and gets ignored a lot. Parker finally started passing the ball more when he was injured, when he was forced to in the playoffs, everyone knows this. They only go to Leonard when they have to, when nobody else can get shit done, Leonard is always stepping up to the occasion and they know it.

i guess manu is missing much more post ups, mismatches, cuts etc than Parker unless your eye test is more reliable than numbers

on your last sentence dude ... You already had 0 credibility but you are reaching the bottom tbh :lol

Brazil
10-12-2014, 06:18 PM
WTF!? so this was the most kickass season ever and because you want glorify Parker since he wasnt so relevant in the PO you just simply say Gino doesnt like Kawhi based on less assists?
Manu was a huge factor and if he didnt pass the ball to Kawhi is just because it wasnt the right moment and since Tony must play like a PG and pass the ball in order to win (since his hero ball hurt us a lot) he should assist more dont you agree?
Live with it.

rofl

and I thought my bait was too obvious :lmao

try to pay attention a bit dude

Brazil
10-12-2014, 06:24 PM
I can spin it, tbh, but it's not worth it. We da champs, whatever they're doing its working.

There is nothing to spin tbh...

kawhi was not the main offensive force of the Spurs last year except last 3 games, that's the way it is, nothing to do with x player don't like him plus Kawhi on the contrary of green, beli... Can create his own shot and he is not spoon fed by our two main ball handlers.

this will change progressively as announced by pop himself

ElNono
10-12-2014, 06:38 PM
Don't disagree, tbh... There's legit reasons to think Tony might not like Kawhi, but I don't think two screencaps or some assist numbers have anything to do with it. Always said I love KL, but fact is he's still developing...

wildchild
10-12-2014, 08:39 PM
Tony passed the ball to Boris more than to Kawhi even when they played together less minutes in regular season games than Parker-Leonard.
Manu passed the ball to Marco more than to Kawhi...

What does it mean? No surprise here, Leonard didn't get many touches, he was the third/fourth option on the floor.
I would have preferred to see Kawhi offensive improvement in regular season than need to wait to playoffs and preseason to watch he added some pretty good finishing moves and a nice fadeaway jumper to his arsenal.

Agree. I remember a lot of plays where Kawhi demanded the ball with his arms raised and Parker completely ignored the mismatch or Leonard wide open, then Kawhi walked slowly and seemed frustrated.

However, I don't remember the same plays with the ball in Manu's hands. It isn't a personal issue with Tony, I paid more attention to Kawhi last season and I just didn't watch those situations about Manu-Kawhi.
If that had happened I would have been the first talking about and taking many screenshots for sure...

Manu also isn't the primary ball handler on this team either, that's Parker/Mills
Not really...

wildchild
10-12-2014, 08:43 PM
I start feeling depressed reading these threads, I imagine Leonard getting a few touches again...
I need something to make me feel better...
http://i.imgur.com/ug3OFQsl.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/kakhCNll.jpg

lefty
10-12-2014, 09:09 PM
Brazil is mad because of the other thread :lol

Brazil
10-12-2014, 10:47 PM
Brazil is mad because of the other thread :lol

:lol mad

at least I back up my shitty threads with facts and numbers

hyhy
10-13-2014, 12:09 AM
Maybe this just shows Manu is better at passing to the roll man

j1nsa
10-13-2014, 12:51 AM
Unless Leonard is wide open for a shot, which he isn't often, it's hard to get an assist. When he gets the ball he's going to post up or put the ball on the floor, and create for himself, so it will not count as an assist anyway, so who cares about those stats. I saw alot of Manu creating and finding the open teammate and that teammate passing up a good shot for a better shot and the teammate got credit for the assist, so the stats don't show how much of an impact he really makes. That goes for Tony, TD, and the rest of the team, except Errors! lmao!

lefty
10-13-2014, 01:15 AM
:lol mad

at least I back up my shitty threads with facts and numbers

That doesn't validate them :lol

TheGreatYacht
10-13-2014, 01:56 AM
Maybe this just shows Manu is better at passing to the other team
FIFY

Brazil
10-13-2014, 05:57 AM
That doesn't validate them :lol

Of course it does

KL2
10-13-2014, 06:57 AM
Manu fans are getting out of hand SMFH

Not a Manu fan boy

i guess manu is missing much more post ups, mismatches, cuts etc than Parker unless your eye test is more reliable than numbers

on your last sentence dude ... You already had 0 credibility but you are reaching the bottom tbh :lol

Pop runs so many lineups I forget, I know Manu is the primary ball handler off the bench, but occasionally Belli brings it up, Diaw, Mills etc. I'm not sure how many mins. Manu has actually played at PG while Ky was on the floor, although I've seen TP-Manu-Leonard and Manu running point occasionally.

Leonard gets pulled around the same as the other starters, usually only getting extended mins when he's guarding a Durant or Lebron type star for defensive purposes (or 2 quick DG fouls). By that time Manu is just checking in, but then again you've got a completely new set of players on the floor, all with different skill sets than the starting lineup which changes the game so you may not need to go to Leonard.

Brazil
10-13-2014, 07:15 AM
Not a Manu fan boy

Pop runs so many lineups I forget, I know Manu is the primary ball handler off the bench, but occasionally Belli brings it up, Diaw, Mills etc. I'm not sure how many mins. Manu has actually played at PG while Ky was on the floor, although I've seen TP-Manu-Leonard and Manu running point occasionally.

Leonard gets pulled around the same as the other starters, usually only getting extended mins when he's guarding a Durant or Lebron type star for defensive purposes (or 2 quick DG fouls). By that time Manu is just checking in, but then again you've got a completely new set of players on the floor, all with different skill sets than the starting lineup which changes the game so you may not need to go to Leonard.

Spurs have a bunch of players who can run plays... that's what makes them special, you counter TP or Manu and you get Diaw taking over etc... but at the end the two main ball handlers are TP and Manu. They have per 36 roughly same number of assists per game. So again the fact Kawhi is not offensively the primary target is a team / coach option not a single dude choosing to ignore him on purpose (Kawhi does not get plays called for him on a regular basis), this kind of bar discussion is at best dumb.

Kawhi can create for himself, he does not rely that much on our ball handlers to be an impact which is positive for him, Pop said he will have more responsabilities in the future. Up to him, Kawhi and the rest of the team to adapt a bit without disrupting the flow of the offense. The worst would be Kawhi trying too much on Iso plays from the elbow and falling in love with his jumpers. Statistically the 3 last games against he had the heat is not sustainable, Kawhi made a lot of difficult JS down the stretch. Kawhi must stay patient and pay attention to choose wisely his spot on offense, and the rest of the team must work to put him in good conditions while keeping everybody involved offensively.

hyhy
10-13-2014, 10:07 AM
:depressedManu fans, let's end the beef. (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=239705&p=7609148):depressed

moisaenz
10-13-2014, 03:08 PM
Unless Leonard is wide open for a shot, which he isn't often, it's hard to get an assist. When he gets the ball he's going to post up or put the ball on the floor, and create for himself, so it will not count as an assist anyway, so who cares about those stats. I saw alot of Manu creating and finding the open teammate and that teammate passing up a good shot for a better shot and the teammate got credit for the assist, so the stats don't show how much of an impact he really makes. That goes for Tony, TD, and the rest of the team, except Errors! lmao!

Definitely agree the only way there will be more assist from manu to kawhi is if they alley oop about 5 times a game.