PDA

View Full Version : The Computer

Avante
10-13-2014, 04:55 AM
Once upon a time there were a dozen or so Record Stores within a 100 square miles of here, about the same used book stores. Now....a couple. No more Borders, no more Music Trend, no more Raggin' Records, no more Books n' Stuff, no more Betty's Books or Book Fair. That sucks because ya never knew what you might find. I discovered Elric the albino prince and Stormbringer his vampiric runesblade at a used book store. I discovered Lightnin' Hopkins at a Record Store.

Now it's all about the computer and the internet. Sure it will take me where I want to go but what about finding out about things I don't know about?

I also don't like how even a know nothing like most of you can Google shit and be on my level. that sucks! It took me years to find out about all that shit, you can....Google...in a matter of mintures and be a guru also, that just ain't right.

ChumpDumper
10-13-2014, 07:44 AM
There are millions of things you know absolutely nothing about.

cantthinkofanything
10-13-2014, 09:07 AM
Once upon a time there were a dozen or so Record Stores within a 100 square miles of here, about the same used book stores. Now....a couple. No more Borders, no more Music Trend, no more Raggin' Records, no more Books n' Stuff, no more Betty's Books or Book Fair. That sucks because ya never knew what you might find. I discovered Elric the albino prince and Stormbringer his vampiric runesblade at a used book store. I discovered Lightnin' Hopkins at a Record Store.

Now it's all about the computer and the internet. Sure it will take me where I want to go but what about finding out about things I don't know about?

I also don't like how even a know nothing like most of you can Google shit and be on my level. that sucks! It took me years to find out about all that shit, you can....Google...in a matter of mintures and be a guru also, that just ain't right.

Once upon a time...there were no record stores or records. Yep...if you wanted to listen to some of dem blues, you better know how to play or sing them yourself. Or know where that dirty little juke joint was down in the woods. The one that served the luke cold beer where old Mabel always gave you a wink but you weren't there for that. You were there for...yep...Rastus Boombledorm on the 5 string geetar because he was missing the B sharp string. But he was so good you could never tell.

illusioNtEk
10-13-2014, 02:36 PM
We are the last generation to experience these types of things and places... These kids now and days have absolutely no communication skills and don't know how to act or interact with others as these kids just spend all there free time playing minecraft all day. We need to sometimes pull the plug and have these kids play outside or pick up a damn book.

cantthinkofanything
10-13-2014, 03:08 PM
We are the last generation to experience these types of things and places... These kids now and days have absolutely no communication skills and don't know how to act or interact with others as these kids just spend all there free time playing minecraft all day. We need to sometimes pull the plug and have these kids play outside or pick up a damn book.

LOL sourpuss. The kids will be aight.

Blake
10-13-2014, 03:28 PM

Half Price Books is still around and still making money.

You're an idiot.

Cry Havoc
10-13-2014, 03:44 PM
Every single generation since the dawn of time has talked about how helpless the one that comes after them will be.

And every single time, at least since the Englightenment, they're wrong.

Kids today absorb far more information in a much shorter period of time than their parents did. If they scare you, it's just a sign that you're old and don't understand what's actually happening.

Infinite_limit
10-13-2014, 05:16 PM
Every single generation since the dawn of time has talked about how helpless the one that comes after them will be.

And every single time, at least since the Englightenment, they're wrong.

Kids today absorb far more information in a much shorter period of time than their parents did. If they scare you, it's just a sign that you're old and don't understand what's actually happening.
At some point it bottoms out and IMO in places like the USA it will occur in my lifetime. Apathetic out of wedlock children that smoke pot at a young age while engaging in bisexuality and/or feminism. When these are the people running your country....you are fkd.

Teenagers today know more surface information. Stuff I can grasp with a 1 minute Wikipedia search. They increasingly don't know how to
- Cook
- Build/fix with hands
- Crunch Math
- Grasp Science

DJR210
10-13-2014, 05:17 PM

Spellcheck generation

Cry Havoc
10-13-2014, 05:40 PM
- Grasp Science

This is hilarious. You realize this is what boomers said about millenials, right? How do you think that worked out for them?

"Science will die because all those youngsters need computers to do their math for them."

Meanwhile, the "kids" they're talking about that are so helpless are busy unlocking the DNA strand and pioneering the new era of the internet and computing. The kids you're busy fretting over are most likely going to make quantum computing and nuclear fusion into their golden ages, if renewables don't completely upend power generation before they even get there.

Einstein didn't know how to tie his shoes. Do you think that held him back from scientific achievement?

Avante
10-14-2014, 11:29 AM
It was Turkeyday last year, all the family was there. I looked around and noticed almost everyone was lost in the cell phones, nobody was paying any attention to where they realy were. I bet all of you reading this can...."yep, I've noticed that also". While not a computer the same sort of thing.

Trainwreck2100
10-14-2014, 12:17 PM
Without "the computer" your piece of crap lying ass would be annoying your family and fri...... Your family, instead of all of us

Avante
10-14-2014, 12:21 PM
Without "the computer" your piece of crap lying ass would be annoying your family and fri...... Your family, instead of all of us

I knew it was just a matter of time, hahahahaha!!!!!!!!

Yep...owned!

Trainwreck2100
10-14-2014, 12:24 PM
I knew it was just a matter of time, hahahahaha!!!!!!!!

Yep...owned!

Hey dumb fuck, you broke the agreemnt AGAIN yesterday, I told you I wouldn't abide you acting like a bitch for a third time. You didn't own shit, you just after like a lying bitcj

Avante
10-14-2014, 12:26 PM
Hey dumb fuck, you broke the agreemnt AGAIN yesterday, I told you I wouldn't abide you acting like a bitch for a third time. You didn't own shit, you just after like a lying bitcj

When have I every talked to..you...you fucking faggot? I own you asshole!

Trainwreck2100
10-14-2014, 12:34 PM
When have I every talked to..you...you fucking faggot? I own you asshole!

That wasnt the agreement you fucking welching asshole, the agreement was you stay the fuck out of my threadS, and you couldn't do that. And you broke our agreement 3 times. And I told you last time I wouldn't abide you doing it again and you did it anyway. You don't own shit but an inability to keep your word. We had a deal and you decided to bitch out, its that simple

Blake
10-14-2014, 01:20 PM
It was Turkeyday last year, all the family was there. I looked around and noticed almost everyone was lost in the cell phones, nobody was paying any attention to where they realy were. I bet all of you reading this can...."yep, I've noticed that also". While not a computer the same sort of thing.

No doubt it's because they can't fucking stand hearing you babble about jazz playing track star footballers of the 1940s

Avante
10-14-2014, 01:41 PM
That wasnt the agreement you fucking welching asshole, the agreement was you stay the fuck out of my threadS, and you couldn't do that. And you broke our agreement 3 times. And I told you last time I wouldn't abide you doing it again and you did it anyway. You don't own shit but an inability to keep your word. We had a deal and you decided to bitch out, its that simple

What threads are you talking about?

Avante
10-14-2014, 01:42 PM
No doubt it's because they can't fucking stand hearing you babble about jazz playing track star footballers of the 1940s

That coming from a guy who actually thinks anyone gives a fuck about Texas Tech, hahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Trainwreck2100
10-14-2014, 01:58 PM
What threads are you talking about?

Page 1 nfl forum, its there

Avante
10-14-2014, 02:09 PM
Page 1 nfl forum, its there

I don't even look at the OP's there.

Trainwreck2100
10-14-2014, 02:17 PM
I don't even look at the OP's there.

OK and? A broken accord is a broken accord. You tried playing ignorance when you broke it the first time. We had an agreement you broke it three times.

Avante
10-14-2014, 02:21 PM
OK and? A broken accord is a broken accord. You tried playing ignorance when you broke it the first time. We had an agreement you broke it three times.

I gotta confess I pay no attention to you at all, the minute I'm done posting this unless you come to me you are forgotten. You are a nothing to me guy. I totally forget all about you.

I'll do what I want, got it? With that said I'm done talking to your dumbass. Being that you belong to me you'll respond...watch!

Blake
10-14-2014, 02:56 PM
That coming from a guy who actually thinks anyone gives a fuck about Texas Tech, hahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't care what anyone else thinks of tech.

You're retarded though.

Avante
10-14-2014, 03:01 PM
I don't care what anyone else thinks of tech.

You're retarded though.

So why talk about them at all then? If you don't care what anyone else has to say about them, shut up....ok?

How long are you going to follow me around faggot? Dude, go bother somebody else...ok?

Trainwreck2100
10-14-2014, 03:38 PM
I gotta confess I pay no attention to you at all, the minute I'm done posting this unless you come to me you are forgotten. You are a nothing to me guy. I totally forget all about you.

I'll do what I want, got it? With that said I'm done talking to your dumbass. Being that you belong to me you'll respond...watch!

I don't belong to you, I already beat you...again.I wanted to be done with you, we had made that agreement so I'd be done with you, but you had to be a bitch. I won't let you lie about me either you say you forgot about me then explain how you remembered our little wager. You can't because your own words contradict each other. Your first reply to me in this thread clearly shows you remembered me. I'm in your fucking head

Avante
10-14-2014, 04:08 PM
I don't belong to you, I already beat you...again.I wanted to be done with you, we had made that agreement so I'd be done with you, but you had to be a bitch. I won't let you lie about me either you say you forgot about me then explain how you remembered our little wager. You can't because your own words contradict each other. Your first reply to me in this thread clearly shows you remembered me. I'm in your fucking head

Dude, how in the fuck could an obvious idiot like you be in anyones head, hahahaha~! Like I've told you many times you are boring and I wish you'd go away....ok? Now scram faggot.

Trainwreck2100
10-14-2014, 04:19 PM
Dude, how in the fuck could an obvious idiot like you be in anyones head, hahahaha~! Like I've told you many times you are boring and I wish you'd go away....ok? Now scram faggot.
If you forget about me after my posts how did you remember our bet?

The Reckoning
10-14-2014, 04:23 PM

Turkeyday you were posting on Spurstalk

Avante
10-14-2014, 04:36 PM
If you forget about me after my posts how did you remember our bet?

Gotta stick you in with Blake/ChumpWhatever, just a waste of everyones time. See ya next year....bye!

Trainwreck2100
10-14-2014, 04:38 PM
Gotta stick you in with Blake/ChumpWhatever, just a waste of everyones time. See ya next year....bye!

LOL did you make an agreement to leave chump and blake alone only to renig on it too?

Blake
10-14-2014, 05:50 PM
LOL did you make an agreement to leave chump and blake alone only to renig on it too?

Made at least one promise to himself to never talk to me again lest he banish himself if he ever does.

So much for that.