PDA

View Full Version : Why do many scientist

RD2191
10-13-2014, 06:55 PM
laugh at the idea of intelligent design? No intelligence huh? Well create life then. Create a living breathing human that can feel and reason. (without using anything living) I mean, no intelligence right? Shouldn't be too hard imo.

ChumpDumper
10-13-2014, 07:26 PM
laugh at the idea of intelligent design? No intelligence huh? Well create life then. Create a living breathing human that can feel and reason. (without using anything living) I mean, no intelligence right? Shouldn't be too hard imo.You realize you are actually asking us to intelligently design life, don't you?

Chinook
10-13-2014, 07:38 PM
laugh at the idea of intelligent design? No intelligence huh? Well create life then. Create a living breathing human that can feel and reason. (without using anything living) I mean, no intelligence right? Shouldn't be too hard imo.

Shouldn't be impossible. But nothing about that would make it easy. There's a lot that would have to go into that that people don't even begin to comprehend. In the end, skeptics would argue against such an artificial being like they do against the idea of robot intelligence. Hell, look at Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep for an example of that.

RD2191
10-13-2014, 08:00 PM
You realize you are actually asking us to intelligently design life, don't you?
Well yes, can non intelligence create life?

ChumpDumper
10-13-2014, 08:02 PM
Well yes, can non intelligence create life?Maybe.

Who created the intelligence that created the intelligence that created life according to you?

spurraider21
10-13-2014, 08:05 PM
its not necessarily that the idea of intelligent design is impossible, its just pretty baseless.

what about a theory that all life on earth was planted by aliens from a far away galaxy... i mean its plausible.

scientific theory is based on evidence and phenomena, intelligent design simply isn't. this is why scientists don't take it seriously. there's nothing to observe. there's nothing to investigate.

silverblk mystix
10-13-2014, 08:05 PM
“All the efforts of the human mind cannot exhaust the essence of a single fly. (http://izquotes.com/quote/6273)”
―Thomas Aquinas (http://izquotes.com/author/thomas-aquinas)

RD2191
10-13-2014, 08:06 PM
Shouldn't be impossible. But nothing about that would make it easy. There's a lot that would have to go into that that people don't even begin to comprehend. In the end, skeptics would argue against such an artificial being like they do against the idea of robot intelligence. Hell, look at Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep for an example of that.
Yeah but wouldn't a robot only be proof of intelligence needing an intelligent creator?

RD2191
10-13-2014, 08:08 PM
its not necessarily that the idea of intelligent design is impossible, its just pretty baseless.

what about a theory that all life on earth was planted by aliens from a far away galaxy... i mean its plausible.

scientific theory is based on evidence and phenomena, intelligent design simply isn't. this is why scientists don't take it seriously. there's nothing to observe. there's nothing to investigate.
But isn't the point of science to find the answers? Still, what we know is that anything with intelligence needs a creator? Did your computer create itself? Did random parts come together and create a sweet machine that allows you to communicate with people all over the world?

RD2191
10-13-2014, 08:09 PM
Maybe.

Who created the intelligence that created the intelligence that created life according to you?
God has no beginning or end.

ChumpDumper
10-13-2014, 08:10 PM
But isn't the point of science to find the answers? Still, what we know is that anything with intelligence needs a creator? Did your computer create itself? Did random parts come together and create a sweet machine that allows you to communicate with people all over the world?My computer doesn't' have intelligence.

Are you saying yours does?

RD2191
10-13-2014, 08:10 PM
By the way a bit OT but didn't Sagan or Dawkins believe that life was planted here by some sort of intelligent being? Can't really remember.

ChumpDumper
10-13-2014, 08:11 PM
God has no beginning or end.Says who?

Why can't your God have been created by another God?

RD2191
10-13-2014, 08:12 PM
My computer doesn't' have intelligence.

Are you saying yours does?
Maybe not. But the computer was just an example. Maybe a bad one. But you and I both have intelligence. Why can't scientist create a human using non living things? I mean scientist claim that life has no intelligence behind it so it shouldn't be too hard.

Chinook
Yeah but wouldn't a robot only be proof of intelligence needing an intelligent creator?

That's what Chump was saying in the second post. I agree with your basic line of reasoning, but only to a point. Showing that man can create life would not disprove that god did so. But it also doesn't necessitate the existences of a creator. There have been simulations to demonstrate how complex organs could have been developed randomly over time, like vertebrate eyes and whatnot. But obviously, people can't disprove the claim that universe has intelligent origins by replicating it. It's a pointless line of debate anyway, since you should never really prove a negative.

RD2191
Says who?

Because that isn't what the Bible says. Again, this is only what I believe.

ChumpDumper
10-13-2014, 08:13 PM
Maybe not. But the computer was just an example. Maybe a bad one. But you and I both have intelligence. Why can't scientist create a human using non living things? I mean scientist claim that life has no intelligence behind it so it shouldn't be too hard.You are asking scientists to intelligently design life. You are actually making an argument against intelligent design.

RD2191
10-13-2014, 08:14 PM
You are asking scientists to intelligently design life. You are actually making an argument against intelligent design.
How so? Aren't scientist intelligent beings?

ChumpDumper
10-13-2014, 08:15 PM
Because that isn't what the Bible says. Again, this is only what I believe.You are free to believe whatever you like, but it simply isnt' the basis of a logical argument. Every religion thread ends up like this. "That's just what I believe."

Great.

But it proves nothing.

RD2191
10-13-2014, 08:15 PM
By the way there really is no point to my topic and I don't think intelligent design has to necessarily do with God. I just though it was an interesting topic.

spurraider21
10-13-2014, 08:17 PM
But isn't the point of science to find the answers?
the point of science is certainly not to blindly guess the answers. it is to determine the answers.

Still, what we know is that anything with intelligence needs a creator?
be careful with that statement, because you know the question that will surely follow :lol

Did your computer create itself? Did random parts come together and create a sweet machine that allows you to communicate with people all over the world?
i can start fires. but not every fire is started artificially. it has already been demonstrated that complex organic compounds, and more complex amino can arise naturally. the urey miller experiment produced over 20 amino acids in what was roughly a 50 year time span.

ChumpDumper
10-13-2014, 08:17 PM
How so? Aren't scientist intelligent beings?You are saying they can't make life out of non-living material.

Except computers, which you say they have already done.

You have now put yourself firmly on both sides of this argument. I expect you to make a good case for both.

spurraider21
10-13-2014, 08:18 PM
By the way there really is no point to my topic and I don't think intelligent design has to necessarily do with God. I just though it was an interesting topic.
well, it actually has a lot to do with god. if one accepts the premise of intelligent design, where everything created needs a creator, you end up at the question of what created the creator... and then what created THAT creator. its an endless loop unless you have a god. so intelligent design implies a god

mouse
10-13-2014, 08:21 PM

Actually your topic is not only legit, but it will be a topic many will read later on when mankind already knows the answer to life others who dig up these old ass topics will ROFL

RD2191
10-13-2014, 08:21 PM
You are saying they can't make life out of non-living material.

Except computers, which you say they have already done.

You have now put yourself firmly on both sides of this argument. I expect you to make a good case for both.
Have I? My question is simple and still hasn't been answered. If there is no intelligence behind life then why aren't scientist creating humans out of non life? According to evolution non life gave "birth" to life eventually leading to humans. Humans who are intelligent.

Chinook
10-13-2014, 08:26 PM
Have I? My question is simple and still hasn't been answered. If there is no intelligence behind life then why aren't scientist creating humans out of non life? According to evolution non life gave "birth" to life eventually leading to humans. Humans who are intelligent.

But the argument is that there's no intelligence behind ANY of the natural phenomena. It's pretty arguable that life isn't really anymore special than gravity or even dust. Physically speaking, we have no problem making non-living material into parts of our bodies and vice-versa. Life's just something that certain bits of matter do periodically.

ChumpDumper
10-13-2014, 08:28 PM
Have I? My question is simple and still hasn't been answered. If there is no intelligence behind life then why aren't scientist creating humans out of non life? According to evolution non life gave "birth" to life eventually leading to humans. Humans who are intelligent.Hell, we just figured out what amino acids are 200 years ago.

Why isn't God creating life out of nothing right now? Dude already knows how to do it after all.

spurraider21
10-13-2014, 08:28 PM
i think you are using the term "intelligence" too loosely. dogs are certainly intelligent life. are you suggesting dogs put on labcoats and start trying to create new life?

i know i'm being ridiculous, but then what's your cutoff for intelligence? humans only? and what age of humans? cavemen? ancients that thought the earth was flat, etc?

RD2191
10-13-2014, 08:31 PM
But the argument is that there's no intelligence behind ANY of the natural phenomena. It's pretty arguable that life isn't really anymore special than gravity or even dust. Physically speaking, we have no problem making non-living material into parts of our bodies and vice-versa. Life's just something that certain bits of matter do periodically.
Not sure if I believe that. And man came from dust remember. :lol In yo face Chinook. JK. I appreciate your input and viewpoints. Though I really have no idea how to respond to them since I do believe life is something special and not naturally occurring without something behind it I guess you could say.

SnakeBoy
10-13-2014, 08:31 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FxBASNmg4AY

RD2191
10-13-2014, 08:32 PM
i think you are using the term "intelligence" too loosely. dogs are certainly intelligent life. are you suggesting dogs put on labcoats and start trying to create new life?
Not really but sure why not. I mean life doesn't need intelligence according to scientist. So if they leave a dog with the basic necessities to create life in a lab I'm sure they could do it.

spurraider21
10-13-2014, 08:33 PM
Not really but sure why not. I mean life doesn't need intelligence according to scientist. So if they leave a dog with the basic necessities to create life in a lab I'm sure they could do it.
dogs can make life by fucking

RD2191
10-13-2014, 08:34 PM
Hell, we just figured out what amino acids are 200 years ago.

Why isn't God creating life out of nothing right now? Dude already knows how to do it after all.
He gave humans the ability to do so by intercourse. Lol.

ChumpDumper
Not really but sure why not. I mean life doesn't need intelligence according to scientist. So if they leave a dog with the basic necessities to create life in a lab I'm sure they could do it.That would be intelligent design then.

Which side of the argument are you on again?

RD2191
dogs can make life by fucking
I know that.

RD2191
10-13-2014, 08:35 PM
That would be intelligent design then.

Which side of the argument are you on again?
So you're saying a dog could do it?

ChumpDumper
10-13-2014, 08:36 PM
He gave humans the ability to do so by intercourse. Lol.But why isn't he doing all the stuff that has been attributed to him?

Creating life out of nothing. Burning bushes. Parting seas, etc.

ChumpDumper
10-13-2014, 08:37 PM
So you're saying a dog could do it?No, I am saying you are arguing against intelligent design.

RD2191
But why isn't he doing all the stuff that has been attributed to him?

Creating life out of nothing. Burning bushes. Parting seas, etc.
Does he need to? I don't think it's really of any importance. Why would he need to do those things now?

leemajors
Simulation theory maaaaan

ChumpDumper
10-13-2014, 08:38 PM
Does he need to? I don't think it's really of any importance. Why would he need to do those things now?Why would he not?

spurraider21
10-13-2014, 08:40 PM
Does he need to? I don't think it's really of any importance. Why would he need to do those things now?
why did he ever?

RD2191
10-13-2014, 08:41 PM
Why would he not?
Why would he? I believe he will do many things soon though.

ChumpDumper
10-13-2014, 08:41 PM
Why would he? I believe he will do many things soon though.Why hasn't he? Why wouldn't he? What's the hold up?

JMarkJohns
10-13-2014, 08:49 PM

This guy landing Leah Remini on King of Queens requires more faith/belief/suspension of doubt than God or evolution, tbh...

I also know it's not that dude, but, fuck, the resemblance is uncanny.

RD2191
10-13-2014, 08:49 PM
Why hasn't he? Why wouldn't he? What's the hold up?
Giving the people a chance to repent and save themselves.

z0sa
10-13-2014, 08:50 PM
We're all the re used materials of ancient dead stars. It's really just that simple. All the evidence corroborates this line of thinking. We ARE still special though, in my opinion, as I feel the "Great Filter" as it is called were actually multiple filters which we have already passed: 1) abiogeneis, combined with 2) nature scripting a sufficiently advanced language, in our case RNA into DNA, as well as 3) the jump from prokaryotes to eukaryotes.

Unfortunately, I do feel there is/was intelligent life in the universe's existence that generated and evolved in a much more hostile planetary environment (IE on a planet only barely in the "life zone" as we know it) and thus much more naturally adapted to surviving and killing shit than even our most ferocious animals, tigers or alligators for instance. I just hope if there are real "Aliens" they are in another galaxy far far away

RD2191
10-13-2014, 08:50 PM
This guy landing Leah Remini on King of Queens requires more faith/belief/suspension of doubt than God or evolution, tbh...

I also know it's not that dude, but, fuck, the resemblance is uncanny.
He does look like Doug. :lol

RD2191
10-13-2014, 08:51 PM
We're all the re used materials of ancient dead stars. It's really just that simple. All the evidence corroborates this line of thinking. We ARE still special though, in my opinion, as I feel the "Great Filter" as it is called were actually multiple filters which we have already passed: 1) abiogeneis, combined with 2) nature scripting a sufficiently advanced language, in our case RNA into DNA, as well as 3) the jump from prokaryotes to eukaryotes.

Unfortunately, I do feel there is/was intelligent life in the universe's existence that generated and evolved in a much more hostile planetary environment (IE on a planet only barely in the "life zone" as we know it) and thus much more naturally adapted to killing shit than even our most ferocious animals, tigers or alligators for instance. I just hope if there are real "Aliens" they are in another galaxy far far away
That's some interesting shit.

ChumpDumper
10-13-2014, 08:52 PM
Giving the people a chance to repent and save themselves.When will they be done with that?

What is the stopping point?

RD2191
10-13-2014, 08:52 PM
So the general consensus is that a human can be created without intelligence? Interesting.

RD2191
10-13-2014, 08:53 PM
When will they be done with that?

What is the stopping point?
Geez, no one knows really. I believe it's soon though. Signs of the last days are here imo.

ChumpDumper
10-13-2014, 08:56 PM
Geez, no one knows really. I believe it's soon though. Signs of the last days are here imo.Christians have been saying that for 2000 years. It's hilarious when they put a date on it.

RD2191
10-13-2014, 08:57 PM
Christians have been saying that for 2000 years. It's hilarious when they put a date on it.
Not just Christians. And to put a date on it is stupid seeing as the Bible says no one knows the time or date only God.

ChumpDumper
10-13-2014, 09:00 PM
Not just Christians. And to put a date on it is stupid seeing as the Bible says no one knows the time or date only God.You just said it would be soon.

That's pretty stupid, I agree.

RD2191
10-13-2014, 09:01 PM
You just said it would be soon.

That's pretty stupid, I agree.
But I didn't put a date on it. So no, not stupid.

ChumpDumper
10-13-2014, 09:02 PM
But I didn't put a date on it. So no, not stupid.

That's pretty stupid, I agree since you just said you can't know at all.

RD2191
10-13-2014, 09:02 PM
Hell, scientist do experiments all the time. Did the experiments do themselves? Was there something behind the experiments? I believe so. I believe an intelligent being was behind them.

RD2191
10-13-2014, 09:04 PM

That's pretty stupid, I agree since you just said you can't know at all.
Of course we can't know. But we can read the bible and get a general idea of the time. That's why it says to keep on the watch.

So no, not stupid.

ChumpDumper
10-13-2014, 09:05 PM
Of course we can't know. But we can read the bible and get a general idea of the time. That's why it says to keep on the watch.

So no, not stupid.So the bible completely contradicts itself.

I'll believe that.

RD2191
10-13-2014, 09:06 PM
So the bible completely contradicts itself.

I'll believe that.
Nope. You're wrong again. Like always.

ChumpDumper
10-13-2014, 09:09 PM
Nope. You're wrong again. Like always.You just said only God would know.

Now you claim you know it's happening soon. Just like Christians have been saying for 2000 years.

What makes you so much better at knowing this than them?

RD2191
10-13-2014, 09:13 PM
You just said only God would know.

Now you claim you know it's happening soon. Just like Christians have been saying for 2000 years.

What makes you so much better at knowing this than them?
I said God knows the exact time and date. I said (a human) claiming to know the exact time and date would be stupid. And nothing makes me better than them. I said I personally believe that time is near. From what I read in the scriptures I have come to the conclusion that "the end" is close. How close? I don't know. Could be 30-50 years maybe more.

ChumpDumper
10-13-2014, 09:16 PM
I said God knows the exact time and date. I said (a human) claiming to know the exact time and date would be stupid. And nothing makes me better than them. I said I personally believe that time is near. From what I read in the scriptures I have come to the conclusion that "the end" is close. How close? I don't know. Could be 30-50 years maybe more.So you're more in tune with God's plan than all the bishops and popes that had set similarly vague predictions before you.

What makes you better than they at predicting God's return?

spurraider21
10-13-2014, 09:25 PM
Hell, scientist do experiments all the time. Did the experiments do themselves? Was there something behind the experiments? I believe so. I believe an intelligent being was behind them.
this is weak. basically you are saying if anything in the universe does anything, it means god. if a planet rotates, what was behind the rotating? etc.

its basically saying god must have mad things because things exist and do things

RD2191
10-13-2014, 09:34 PM
So you're more in tune with God's plan than all the bishops and popes that had set similarly vague predictions before you.

What makes you better than they at predicting God's return?
No, and you're completely missing the point. I said I personally believe that the time is near. Am I more qualified? Maybe, maybe not. But that's where it ends. You are simply going off topic for your own amusement.

RD2191
10-13-2014, 09:35 PM
this is weak. basically you are saying if anything in the universe does anything, it means god. if a planet rotates, what was behind the rotating? etc.

its basically saying god must have mad things because things exist and do things
No. That isn't what I'm saying at all. Does an experiment happen by itself or is there something behind it?

ChumpDumper
10-13-2014, 09:37 PM
No, and you're completely missing the point. I said I personally believe that the time is near. Am I more qualified? Maybe, maybe not. But that's where it ends. You are simply going off topic for your own amusement.So what in your background would make you more in tune with God's plan than theologians who dedicated their lives to the study of God and the scriptures but were completely wrong in their similar predictions?

It's your belief; why do you believe it?

spurraider21
10-13-2014, 09:38 PM
No. That isn't what I'm saying at all. Does an experiment happen by itself or is there something behind it?
again, its not limited to just experiment. your line of questioning applies to everything that happens in the universe. does a planet spin by itself or is something behind it? when i walk on the beach did that happen by itself or was there something behind it? when i jizz did that happen by itself or is there something behind it?

RD2191
10-13-2014, 09:39 PM
again, its not limited to just experiment. your line of questioning applies to everything that happens in the universe. does a planet spin by itself or is something behind it? when i walk on the beach did that happen by itself or was there something behind it? when i jizz did that happen by itself or is there something behind it?
There really is no point to a planet. There is a point to an experiment though.

spurraider21
10-13-2014, 09:39 PM
There really is no point to a planet. There is a point to an experiment though.
is that a fact?

RD2191
10-13-2014, 09:40 PM
is that a fact?
Is it?

pgardn
What's more excessive than beating a dead horse?

I really don't know anything about this and don't care to read about it, but...

spurraider21
Is it?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hAAlDoAtV7Y

DMC
10-13-2014, 09:42 PM
Stolen, recycled shitty shtick is shitty. Typical Mexican, zero originality, only cheap flea market knock off shit.

RD2191
10-13-2014, 10:43 PM
:wakeup

m>s
10-13-2014, 11:57 PM
I'm a believer too brother but trying to militant Athiests is a pointless pursuit.

The Reckoning
10-14-2014, 12:24 AM
cool thread 10/10 would read again and recommend to my aunt shiloh

spurraider21
10-14-2014, 01:34 AM
http://i.imgur.com/lZSOLeD.gif

RD2191
10-14-2014, 01:54 AM
http://i.imgur.com/lZSOLeD.gif
:lol

The Reckoning
10-14-2014, 02:03 AM
how do you have 20k posts in two years?

The Reckoning
10-14-2014, 02:04 AM
holy shit both of you

xmas1997
10-14-2014, 08:38 AM
Says who?

I am your Troll God and I was created by God.

spurraider21
10-14-2014, 10:13 AM
I'm not taking a stand on this one but these videos are a must-see for anyone interested in this topic.
https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=michael+cremo+forbidden+arche ology
Michael A. Cremo (born July 15, 1948), also known by his devotional name (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religious_name) Drutakarmā dāsa, is an American (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States) freelance researcher who identifies himself as a Vedic creationist (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vedic_creationist) and an "alternative archeologist"[1] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Cremo#cite_note-1)[2] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Cremo#cite_note-2)[3] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Cremo#cite_note-3) and argues that humans have lived on the earth for billions of years.[4] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Cremo#cite_note-RNCSE-4) In case of artifacts allegedly found in the Eocene (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eocene) auriferous gravels of Table Mountain, California (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Table_Mountain_(Tuolumne_County,_California)) and discussed in his book, Forbidden Archeology (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Forbidden_Archeology), Cremo argues for the existence of modern man on Earth as long ago as 30 to 40 million years ago. Forbidden Archeology, which he wrote with Richard L. Thompson (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_L._Thompson), has attracted attention from mainstream scholars who have critiqued the views given on archeology[5] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Cremo#cite_note-5)[6] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Cremo#cite_note-6) and consider it pseudoscientific (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pseudoscientific).[7] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Cremo#cite_note-Main-7)

ChumpDumper
10-14-2014, 10:17 AM
I am your Troll God and I was created by God.A god would have the self control to ignore me when he says he is. You're just a weak willed, angry old fart.

ohmwrecker
10-14-2014, 11:52 AM
Intelligent design? Have you looked at people?

Leetonidas
10-14-2014, 12:15 PM
God has no beginning or end.

Son you know I don't get into these topics anymore but I wanna ask you a legit question, all trolling aside.

Since creationism seems to have an issue with the big bang because they argue that something couldn't have came from "nothing," how do you reconcile this with god? He has no beginning or no end? I know the bible says that but as a human being you have to question that and wonder how god came to be right?

Just curious because I've never gotten a straight answer since these threads always devolve into trolling

spurraider21
10-14-2014, 12:43 PM
http://cdn.mlkshk.com/r/CEK

:lol jk

Leetonidas
10-14-2014, 02:04 PM
Where'd you get that pic of me :cry

Chinook
10-14-2014, 06:31 PM
Michael A. Cremo (born July 15, 1948), also known by his devotional name (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religious_name) Drutakarmā dāsa, is an American (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States) freelance researcher who identifies himself as a Vedic creationist (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vedic_creationist) and an "alternative archeologist"[1] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Cremo#cite_note-1)[2] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Cremo#cite_note-2)[3] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Cremo#cite_note-3) and argues that humans have lived on the earth for billions of years.[4] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Cremo#cite_note-RNCSE-4) In case of artifacts allegedly found in the Eocene (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eocene) auriferous gravels of Table Mountain, California (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Table_Mountain_(Tuolumne_County,_California)) and discussed in his book, Forbidden Archeology (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Forbidden_Archeology), Cremo argues for the existence of modern man on Earth as long ago as 30 to 40 million years ago. Forbidden Archeology, which he wrote with Richard L. Thompson (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_L._Thompson), has attracted attention from mainstream scholars who have critiqued the views given on archeology[5] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Cremo#cite_note-5)[6] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Cremo#cite_note-6) and consider it pseudoscientific (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pseudoscientific).[7] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Cremo#cite_note-Main-7)

Reminds me of that stupid First People story arc from that show Fringe. Even a show as crazy as that couldn't keep that idea going.

Silver&Black
10-14-2014, 06:51 PM

CRBHxJBUv_A

Chinook
10-14-2014, 09:54 PM

Never actually watched that before. I'll give him this, he's articulate. He's dumb as hell, but he can express that clearly.

SnakeBoy
10-14-2014, 10:16 PM
Never actually watched that before. I'll give him this, he's articulate. He's dumb as hell, but he can express that clearly.

He's also good at driving while distracted.

spurraider21
10-14-2014, 10:18 PM
He's also good at driving while distracted.
he's in the passenger seat.

SnakeBoy
10-14-2014, 11:55 PM
he's in the passenger seat.

Missed that...I should have known since God is by his side.

spurraider21
10-14-2014, 11:59 PM
yeah that or the angle of the seat belt

AlexJones
10-15-2014, 02:07 AM
The Whites are the brain and the blacks are the legs.

mouse
10-15-2014, 10:09 AM
Why do many scientist laugh at the idea of intelligent design?

many reasons like they can lose their jobs or the colleges and research centers can lose funding.

Discovery Institute spokesman John West tells the Associated Press that being fired for espousing intelligent design is part of a pattern of discrimination.
http://www.realscience.us/2012/03/16/sdf-intelligent-designers-get-the-boot/

Expelled

http://www.csicop.org/specialarticles/show/expelled/

Suit: NASA worker fired over intelligent design - CBS News

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/suit-nasa-worker-fired-over-intelligent-design/

spurraider21
10-15-2014, 10:11 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0aqBuY-5NFk

mouse
10-15-2014, 12:18 PM
A Scientist from Berkly university was removed from his job after 30 long years teaching Science just because he found GMO corn fed mice developed tumors.

eUd9rRSLY4A

spurraider21
10-15-2014, 12:32 PM
There were some reported findings some considered strange, however. Rats that ate the higher percentages of genetically modified corn did not get as sick as those who were eating the lower percentages.

Critics also have taken issue with the study's methodology. Specifically the researchers' choice of rats are known for their propensity to develop mammary tumors if their diet is not controlled. Also, the control group of just 20 mice is rather small and makes it hard to draw conclusions from comparisons.

Some experts pointed out to the BBC (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-19654825) that the pictures of the rats with the tumors were misleading.

"The most evocative part of the paper is those pictures of tumorigenesis," said Maurice Moloney, a research biologist at Rothamsted Research in Harpenden, England, said to the BBC.

He said the authors mislead readers to believe that these tumors never happen in control groups.

"I'd be surprised if it didn't, but that ought to be explicitly demonstrated, and if there was a control that ended up showing similar kinds of tumorigenesis then a picture of that rat should be shown as well, just so we can see if there are any qualitative differences between them," Moloney said.

Chinook
10-15-2014, 12:40 PM
There were some reported findings some considered strange, however. Rats that ate the higher percentages of genetically modified corn did not get as sick as those who were eating the lower percentages.

Critics also have taken issue with the study's methodology. Specifically the researchers' choice of rats are known for their propensity to develop mammary tumors if their diet is not controlled. Also, the control group of just 20 mice is rather small and makes it hard to draw conclusions from comparisons.

Some experts pointed out to the BBC (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-19654825) that the pictures of the rats with the tumors were misleading.

"The most evocative part of the paper is those pictures of tumorigenesis," said Maurice Moloney, a research biologist at Rothamsted Research in Harpenden, England, said to the BBC.

He said the authors mislead readers to believe that these tumors never happen in control groups.

"I'd be surprised if it didn't, but that ought to be explicitly demonstrated, and if there was a control that ended up showing similar kinds of tumorigenesis then a picture of that rat should be shown as well, just so we can see if there are any qualitative differences between them," Moloney said.

That's why I was telling Cry in the Peterson thread that you can't just take the media's interpretation of articles. If you know anything about scientific research, it becomes so much easier to evaluate studies critically. But people would rather blindly follow them or blindly reject them.

The Reckoning
10-15-2014, 02:38 PM
Missed that...I should have known since God is by his side.

Jesus took the wheel

RandomGuy
10-15-2014, 03:56 PM

Because intelligent design isn't scientific. It takes very little education on the topic to realize how intellectually bankrupt ID as a working theory is.

RandomGuy
10-15-2014, 04:03 PM
No, and you're completely missing the point. I said I personally believe that the time is near. Am I more qualified? Maybe, maybe not. But that's where it ends. You are simply going off topic for your own amusement.

"the end is near" has been the theme to keepgullible in the church since its inception, and such things are actually in the bible, if memory serves.

http://www.wave.net/upg/gate/hbhgtd.jpg

If you had been around paying attention to the news in the run up to the year 2000, you might view such beliefs a bit differently.

I have no beef with it generally up to the point where this false belief that the end is near makes people do stupid shit. You might not be selling all your earthly goods and living in a commune waiting for the zombie jesus to come lift you up to the sky, but I would be willing to bet that this powerful belief makes you do at least something irrational.

RD2191
10-15-2014, 04:05 PM
"the end is near" has been the theme to keepgullible in the church since its inception, and such things are actually in the bible, if memory serves.

http://www.wave.net/upg/gate/hbhgtd.jpg

If you had been around paying attention to the news in the run up to the year 2000, you might view such beliefs a bit differently.

I have no beef with it generally up to the point where this false belief that the end is near makes people do stupid shit. You might not be selling all your earthly goods and living in a commune waiting for the zombie jesus to come lift you up to the sky, but I would be willing to bet that this powerful belief makes you do at least something irrational.
I was 8 in 2000. :lol

And no, nothing irrational.

RandomGuy
10-15-2014, 04:05 PM
Jesus took the wheel

Its a love affair, Jesus and my hot rod.

So there was only one thing that I could do, was ding a ding, dang my dang a long ling long.

Death In June
10-15-2014, 11:35 PM
Scientist have already been able to form protobionts (precursors to life) by taking elements and recreating earth's early environmental conditions. If we had time to follow their evolution over a billion years, you might get to see how this sort of thing works.