PDA

View Full Version : NBA: Kobe tweets out disgust on new CBA deal that makes owners more money

Thebesteva
10-14-2014, 09:06 PM
:rollinI went from being a Kobe nut hugger to a gigantic hater. This guy needs to live one day of a poverty stricken life to count his blessings. $30 million last year just to be on the IR list and he still wants more

"It's very easy to look at the elite players around the league and talk about the amount of money that they get paid and compare that with the average [player]," Bryant said. "But we don't look at what the owners get paid and how much revenue they generate off the backs of these players."

"It'll be interesting to see what happens in this next labor agreement, because my understanding is this TV deal kicks in in the last year of this current agreement. So I'm sure they'll try to lock us out again [in 2017] and harden the cap even more."New collective bargaining is expected to occur in the summer 2017.
"I think as players, you've kind of got to hold your ground a little bit and not be afraid of what the public perception is," Bryant said. "Instead, you try to educate the public a little bit and understand it's not about complaining about how much you're making, because that's ridiculous. We are overpaid, but so are the owners. And you have to fight for what your market value is."

Stepehen A Smith trying to justify this bullshit in the link

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/story/_/id/11702415/kobe-bryant-los-angeles-lakers-players-overpaid-owners

spurraider21
10-14-2014, 09:12 PM
he's not wrong. the max contract is too high a % in relation to the cap

but that has nothing to do with him. he's not worthy of anything near his salary, regardless of the CBA

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
10-14-2014, 09:14 PM
Does it make you feel cool to talk shit about your team with all the Spurs fans?

It's like the bitch sucking your dick calling your ex a slut.

Thebesteva
10-14-2014, 09:16 PM
Does it make you feel cool to talk shit about your team with all the Spurs fans?

No, Kobe is not the Lakers. That's where you're wrong.

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
10-14-2014, 09:18 PM

Without Kobe in your line-up you had your worst season in decades. Nobody looked interested in anything - they didn't care. You guys lost to the Clippers by like 60 too.

Hate em or love em, your season depends on em.

hyhy
10-14-2014, 09:19 PM
why he is worried about 2017?

Thebesteva
10-14-2014, 09:28 PM
Without Kobe in your line-up you had your worst season in decades. Nobody looked interested in anything - they didn't care. You guys lost to the Clippers by like 60 too.

Our future depends on Kobe retiring ASAP. Not on his 100% effort. Kobe in his prime gave 100% in 2005-2007 and it led us no where without the right players + Phil Jackson

unforeseen
10-14-2014, 09:43 PM
Without Kirby, the Lakers could get 2-3 quality FAs. Sure, not the star power but at least they would of contribute to a winning atmosphere rather than the lottery-bound Lakers, again.

elmanutres
10-14-2014, 09:47 PM
The only thing I agree with Kirby is that the owners were crying poor in 2011 and go back to making stupid money. Fucking clippers sold for 2 billion. If they give the poor excuse in 2017 it might probably be a FULL lockout this time. Theres more money now than ever. Mo money mo problems.

Chinook
10-14-2014, 09:47 PM
Owners are the ones sinking billions into the league in the first place. Of course they should get a good bit of the money. I don't mind the players wanting to get their old percentage back, but I don't think they'll get the public support Bryant thinks they will.

Malik Hairston
10-14-2014, 09:51 PM
It's tough to take Kobe's coon opinion seriously, tbh, he's one of the biggest coons in sports history..the only reason he's pretending to care is because he's trying to justify his awful contract, in an attempt to reacquire his previous image of :(doing anything to win:(..

Killakobe81
10-14-2014, 09:57 PM
he's not wrong. the max contract is too high a % in relation to the cap

but that has nothing to do with him. he's not worthy of anything near his salary, regardless of the CBA

You correct on both counts ....

spurraider21
10-14-2014, 09:57 PM
It's tough to take Kobe's coon opinion seriously, tbh, he's one of the biggest coons in sports history..the only reason he's pretending to care is because he's trying to justify his awful contract, in an attempt to reacquire his previous image of :(doing anything to win:(..
whats funny is he'd be considered overpaid no matter what the salary cap/CBA structure was, so its all moot

Killakobe81
10-14-2014, 10:13 PM

This too ...

UZER
10-14-2014, 10:35 PM
Kobe rapes the lakers, then say he's underpaid with a straight face.

Thebesteva
10-14-2014, 10:40 PM
This too ...

Do you not want to see the Lakers win? If Kobe's contract isnt there, we can start re-tooling now and win a championship.

If anything, I'm more a Laker fan than you, I want to see us win asap, you want to see Kobe's legacy restored :cry

Silver&Black
10-14-2014, 10:54 PM

:bobo

Silver&Black
10-14-2014, 10:58 PM

1/2 the Spurs fans on ST talk shit about their own team and players...what's the difference? I see all the time that Tony Parker sucks, Manu should be forced to retire after 6, and after we lose two games in a row....Fire Pop. Just because he's a Lakers fan...he should suck kirby's dick???

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
10-14-2014, 11:04 PM
1/2 the Spurs fans on ST talk shit about their own team and players...what's the difference? I see all the time that Tony Parker sucks, Manu should be forced to retire after 6, and after we lose two games in a row....Fire Pop. Just because he's a Lakers fan...he should suck kirby's dick???

Err yea he should

Silver&Black
10-14-2014, 11:11 PM
Err yea he should

No he shouldn't....if he feels Kobe is bringing down the Lakers (which we all know his 48.5 is) then speak up. I'm glad to know that all Lakers fans on this site are not retarded.

BTW...is that why you won't say one bad thing about Cam??? Becuase you've got his dick in your mouth....

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
10-14-2014, 11:26 PM
BTW...is that why you won't say one bad thing about Cam??? Becuase you've got his dick in your mouth....

Tbh he is not the reason our team hasn't excelled to their full potential yet.. contrary to popular belief. Just cause I defend and give my squad credit does not equate to me being a blind homer.

Bynumite
10-14-2014, 11:46 PM
Only a sucker would leave that kind of money on the table. If you wanna blame someone, blame the management.

Splits
10-15-2014, 03:11 AM
I hate Kirby as much as the next guy, but everything he said is tr00fb0mbs.

Seriously, fuck the owners, they're worth billions and only a couple of the guys in the league (Kirby, Tim, Wade, Dirk) get paid in the 100s of millions while all these white jew bitch fucks are making billions with a B hand over fist.

Hate Kobe all you want, but he's right on this.

Splits
10-15-2014, 03:15 AM
The other side of this coin is that Kirbs will be a majority owner of an NBA franchise some time soon since he can't elevate any longer and his playing days are over. If he's consistent in his message once he's the master and not the slave (lol yeah right) then I will slit my vas deferens and pay him the respect he's due.

Until then...

diego
10-15-2014, 05:21 AM
Agree with both of splits posts. No one is saying the owners don't have a right to profit from their investment. But on the other hand how many of us would watch if the top 60 players went on strike? The owners need good players and they don't grow on trees, monkey ball jokes aside.

Finally, what does it matter to have all those fancy rules if stupid GMs are going to give terrible contracts anyway, even before the tv deal and in previous lockouts this happened- its not like players can force teams to give them huge contracts. NBA owners are extremely spoiled and its shocking to see fans side with them over and over just so they can get their fix.

Anyways fuck Kobe AND the lakers.

Raven
10-15-2014, 06:16 AM
so the cap will rise and they want even more money?

ambchang
10-15-2014, 06:42 AM

Kobe's horrible gming in the backgrounds created that roster.

BG_Spurs_Fan
10-15-2014, 06:59 AM
Agree with both of splits posts. No one is saying the owners don't have a right to profit from their investment. But on the other hand how many of us would watch if the top 60 players went on strike? The owners need good players and they don't grow on trees, monkey ball jokes aside.

They won't because they have nowhere else to play for even half of what they're making in the NBA. They have no leverage in this.

SupremeGuy
10-15-2014, 07:02 AM
Kobe rapes the lakers, then say he's underpaid with a straight face.Basically. :lol

resistanze
10-15-2014, 07:24 AM
They won't because they have nowhere else to play for even half of what they're making in the NBA. They have no leverage in this.

Of course they have leverage - the NBA will die without LeBron, Durant, Kobe, Duncan, etc. Those are the names you discuss with your friends, at the bar, on Spurstalk. Not the owners.

Just because the players are too stupid to see their leverage doesn't mean they don't have it. If the players had the balls to sit out 1-2 years they'd see the owners bleed. Owning franchises are side ventures for these millionaire/billionaire owners - the second they really bleed they'll cave. You can't replace LeBron like you can replace a garbage disposal guy on strike. Even the NFL replacement referees were an epic fail.

SupremeGuy
10-15-2014, 07:37 AM
So when Lebron, Durant, Kobe, and Duncan retire, the NBA will die? lol No, they'll get replaced by whatever new faces the NBA wants to push.

resistanze
10-15-2014, 07:56 AM
So when Lebron, Durant, Kobe, and Duncan retire, the NBA will die? lol No, they'll get replaced by whatever new faces the NBA wants to push.

No, you don't understand the argument. It can be whatever players are the stars at the moment (and it assumes support from most/all the players). Are you saying if the players decide to strike tomorrow, the NBA will just wait several years until the players get old to replace them? You know how stupid that would be financially? LeBron raised the value of the Heat by like 200 million.

People watch sports because of the players - you're on this forum now because of your favorite players, not the owners. How exactly do you replace a Lebron, if you don't mind telling me? Just wait it out?

BG_Spurs_Fan
10-15-2014, 08:00 AM
Of course they have leverage - the NBA will die without LeBron, Durant, Kobe, Duncan, etc. Those are the names you discuss with your friends, at the bar, on Spurstalk. Not the owners.

Just because the players are too stupid to see their leverage doesn't mean they don't have it. If the players had the balls to sit out 1-2 years they'd see the owners bleed. Owning franchises are side ventures for these millionaire/billionaire owners - the second they really bleed they'll cave. You can't replace LeBron like you can replace a garbage disposal guy on strike. Even the NFL replacement referees were an epic fail.

Disagree. First of all, as you said, NBA franchises are side ventures for the owners - they can handle long lockouts/strikes as it's not their main/only source of income, it's the players who cannot. We can talk hypotheticals all day long but 90% of these players won't survive a year on savings and the owners know that, their agents know that too and won't let them strike and lose money. The NBA will lose popularity temporarily but they have huge commercial contracts and will survive until new stars are flooded in. Players on strike, on the other hand, won't last long without the NBA. At best they'd look to play for European/Chinese teams and won't make nearly as much.

Raven
10-15-2014, 08:18 AM
No, you don't understand the argument. It can be whatever players are the stars at the moment (and it assumes support from most/all the players). Are you saying if the players decide to strike tomorrow, the NBA will just wait several years until the players get old to replace them? You know how stupid that would be financially? LeBron raised the value of the Heat by like 200 million.

People watch sports because of the players - you're on this forum now because of your favorite players, not the owners. How exactly do you replace a Lebron, if you don't mind telling me? Just wait it out?

that's so not true ...

SupremeGuy
10-15-2014, 08:19 AM

People watch sports because of the players - you're on this forum now because of your favorite players, not the owners. How exactly do you replace a Lebron, if you don't mind telling me? Just wait it out?You don't understand the argument. The NBA makes stars. If the current players strike, the NBA would find new people and make them household names. The players like to pretend they have negotiating power, but they really don't. If the current players held out for more than one year, you don't think Nike, Adidas, etc. wouldn't move on and sign new players to represent their company? In just 2-3 years, no one would care what the hell Lebron or Durant were doing if they weren't playing for the NBA.

resistanze
10-15-2014, 08:19 AM
that's so not true ...

Right - you watch the NBA from Slovakia to see Mark Cuban shout on the sidelines.

SupremeGuy
10-15-2014, 08:20 AM
that's so not true ...Exactly. We watch to support our teams and because we like the sport.

Raven
You don't understand the argument. The NBA makes stars. If the current players strike, the NBA would find new people and make them household names. The players like to pretend they have negotiating power, but they really don't. If the current players held out for more than one year, you don't think Nike, Adidas, etc. wouldn't move on and sign new players to represent their company? In just 2-3 years, no one would care what the hell Lebron or Durant were doing if they weren't playing for the NBA.
word.

SupremeGuy
Right - you watch the NBA from Slovakia to see Mark Cuban shout on the sidelines.No, he watches to root for his team(not individual players) and because he likes the sport.

resistanze
10-15-2014, 08:21 AM
You don't understand the argument. The NBA makes stars. If the current players strike, the NBA would find new people and make them household names. The players like to pretend they have negotiating power, but they really don't. If the current players held out for more than one year, you don't think Nike, Adidas, etc. wouldn't move on and sign new players to represent their company? In just 2-3 years, no one would care what the hell Lebron or Durant were doing if they weren't playing for the NBA.

You seem to think I'm arguing that only the star should strike, which would make no sense. They're in a union, so all the players would strike. Are you suggesting they're going to replace every player in the NBA?

SupremeGuy
10-15-2014, 08:21 AM
word.:toast

SupremeGuy
10-15-2014, 08:22 AM
You seem to think I'm arguing that only the star should strike, which would make no sense. They're in a union, so all the players would strike. Are you suggesting they're going to replace every player in the NBA?Yes. If it came to that. A lot of low and mid-tier players that aren't on max contracts would leave the union and keep playing for a pay check, tbh.

Raven
10-15-2014, 08:22 AM
Right - you watch the NBA from Slovakia to see Mark Cuban shout on the sidelines.

i watch the spurs not tim duncan. now you can say that i became a spursfan because of manu ginobili and that's fine, but if instead of timmy and manu there would be some worse players that were the best at their specific time, that wouldn't change one bit. I may have chosen some other team at the time, but now i will stick with the spurs no matter who will play in it.

resistanze
10-15-2014, 08:23 AM
Disagree. First of all, as you said, NBA franchises are side ventures for the owners - they can handle long lockouts/strikes as it's not their main/only source of income, it's the players who cannot. We can talk hypotheticals all day long but 90% of these players won't survive a year on savings and the owners know that, their agents know that too and won't let them strike and lose money. The NBA will lose popularity temporarily but they have huge commercial contracts and will survive until new stars are flooded in. Players on strike, on the other hand, won't last long without the NBA. At best they'd look to play for European/Chinese teams and won't make nearly as much.

Again, that's due to the stupidity of the players as I've said. They could certainly survive a lockout/strike with better planning, I mean they know when their CBA expires. I don't think they'd ever be successful, as I've said they're not smart enough, but you're crazy if you think that ass reaming the players took in the last CBA couldn't have been avoided if they were just smarter.

Raven
10-15-2014, 08:24 AM
You seem to think I'm arguing that only the star should strike, which would make no sense. They're in a union, so all the players would strike. Are you suggesting they're going to replace every player in the NBA?

that's way easier than you may think..

SupremeGuy
10-15-2014, 08:24 AM
It might take a few years to get the talent pool where it was pre-strike, but it will get there eventually and then all the players that were/are striking will just look like idiots. Probably begging the government to intervene because the mean, old, white owners are being mean to the young, black athletes.

Raven
10-15-2014, 08:26 AM
i mean, the nfl has tim tebow and jff as their main talk show stars and you tell me that the quality of the player is what makes the stars? :lol

BG_Spurs_Fan
10-15-2014, 08:26 AM

If you believe there's even a remote chance that 450 of world's best 600 or so basketball players would strike and not play basketball for years because they'd want a couple of %s more from the ever increasing NBA revenue, then we're way off on this argument.

SupremeGuy
10-15-2014, 08:28 AM
If you believe there's even a remote chance that 450 of world's best 600 or so basketball players would strike and not play basketball for years because they'd want a couple of %s more from the ever increasing NBA revenue, then we're way off on this argument.Yup. lol

resistanze
10-15-2014, 08:29 AM
If you believe there's even a remote chance that 450 of world's best 600 or so basketball players would strike and not play basketball for years because they'd want a couple of %s more from the ever increasing NBA revenue, then we're way off on this argument.

No - I've said the opposite. Just because they fail to utilize their leverage or any strategy in negotiations doesn't mean it isn't possible though.

Raven
10-15-2014, 08:32 AM
No - I've said the opposite. Just because they fail to utilize their leverage or any strategy in negotiations doesn't mean it isn't possible though.

that's different from saying they have any leverage in the matter. They don't, period. They may get what they want, but that's strictly out of owners not having a backbone(if it happens).

resistanze
10-15-2014, 08:42 AM
that's different from saying they have any leverage in the matter. They don't, period. They may get what they want, but that's strictly out of owners not having a backbone(if it happens).

You make it sound like players haven't striked before in professional sports. Look what happened when the owners in the MLB tried to introduce a cap to reduce players' average salaries. The strike happened , and owners tried replacement players, but ratings and television deals collapsed, and the government had to step in. The entire strike was considered an epic fail for the owners as they never got their wish (they got a luxury tax which did nothing to limit player salaries). To think that the owners are just willing to eat losses because they have more money is silly.

Clipper Nation
10-15-2014, 09:04 AM
:lol at the idea of Kirby, who demanded and got an incredibly overpaid contract, going on strike and thinking that anyone other than his dickriders would feel any sympathy for him....

BG_Spurs_Fan
10-15-2014, 09:15 AM
:lol at the idea of Kirby, who demanded and got an incredibly overpaid contract, going on strike and thinking that anyone other than his dickriders would feel any sympathy for him....

Yea, imagine Nash going on strike and losing that final $9mil paycheck :) He needs that money for the kids :(

Malik Hairston
10-15-2014, 09:16 AM
:lol White people and their anti-players arguments, tbh..

djohn2oo8
10-15-2014, 09:25 AM
Kobe rapes the lakers, then say he's underpaid with a straight face.

It was consensual. Mitch gave it away willingly

Clipper Nation
10-15-2014, 09:33 AM
It was consensual. Mitch gave it away willingly
Mitch didn't have a choice, tbh.... Kirby had been telling the media all year that he wasn't going to take a significant pay cut and that he wasn't willing to negotiate on that....

ambchang
10-15-2014, 09:39 AM
Did Kobe ever mouth off before 48.5?

resistanze
10-15-2014, 09:43 AM
:lol White people and their anti-players arguments, tbh..
:lol tbh
:lol I'm OK with getting financially fucked as long as it's a white man in a suit
:lol watched economy collapse without complaining in 2008
:lol Paying for 2008 bailouts but complaining about fence hopping mexicans

DMC
10-15-2014, 09:44 AM
Bill Gates makes billions while the guy doing the programming makes probably 100K a year. Even the high end guys aren't making Gates style money. It's not fair.

Kobe needs to buy a team, see how much of his profit he's willing to share. Hell, he won't even share the fucking ball.

SupremeGuy
10-15-2014, 09:48 AM
All these players that talk about player salary should start their own league and we'll see how much they're willing to pay their players, tbh.

SupremeGuy
10-15-2014, 09:52 AM
:lol White people and their anti-players arguments, tbh..Can't win the conversation, change the subject. :lol

No one is anti-player as much as pro-logic.

:cry Why don't the people that work at McDonalds make as much as the CEO? :cry

DMC
10-15-2014, 09:53 AM

Let's see a group of 7 foot Negro males form their own league and be even remotely as successful. When you come from a single parent family that lived off the taxpayer, you probably didn't invest a lot of money into the business that's paying you. You're a contractor, a beneficiary of genetics and some situational luck and there happens to be a venue where you can get paid for your "skills".

The owners take the financial risks, they reap the financial rewards and take the losses when they come. You don't see contracted players taking financial losses when teams have bad years. You didn't see Chris Paul lose his salary when New Orleans Hornets were up for auction.

Players have basically no risk other than injury, and that's accounted for in their contracts. Kobe hasn't worked really in 2 years. He's made over 50 million in those two non working years. So his face is used to sell things, he sold that right to the NBA.

Any successful organization can look at it's people as a reason, but that doesn't mean it's people should make the same money as the owners or major shareholders. If it wasn't for Lebron, it would be someone else. The streets are full of Negro males dribbling basketballs. Every young black kid wants to be in the NBA. The NBA doesn't want every young black kid. Supply vs demand...

UZER
10-15-2014, 09:54 AM
Bill Gates makes billions while the guy doing the programming makes probably 100K a year. Even the high end guys aren't making Gates style money. It's not fair.

Kobe needs to buy a team, see how much of his profit he's willing to share. Hell, he won't even share the fucking ball.

Exactly

resistanze
10-15-2014, 10:14 AM
Let's see a group of 7 foot Negro males form their own league and be even remotely as successful. When you come from a single parent family that lived off the taxpayer, you probably didn't invest a lot of money into the business that's paying you. You're a contractor, a beneficiary of genetics and some situational luck and there happens to be a venue where you can get paid for your "skills".

The owners take the financial risks, they reap the financial rewards and take the losses when they come. You don't see contracted players taking financial losses when teams have bad years. You didn't see Chris Paul lose his salary when New Orleans Hornets were up for auction.

Players have basically no risk other than injury, and that's accounted for in their contracts. Kobe hasn't worked really in 2 years. He's made over 50 million in those two non working years. So his face is used to sell things, he sold that right to the NBA.

Any successful organization can look at it's people as a reason, but that doesn't mean it's people should make the same money as the owners or major shareholders. If it wasn't for Lebron, it would be someone else. The streets are full of Negro males dribbling basketballs. Every young black kid wants to be in the NBA. The NBA doesn't want every young black kid. Supply vs demand...

The entire NBA a multi-billion dollar establishment revolving around selling seats, soft drinks, shoes and clothing around these 7 foot jigs. Whatever you want to call it, you and I watch games everyday to see these Negros jumping around in ways you and me cannot :lol. There's no programmer at MS that can impact the company's value by $200 million, the dynamic is clearly different in professional sports. Another LeBron will come along eventually but he's not here now, so owners wouldn't go into a current CBA negotiation thinking they can just wait it out.

Players will never make as much as the owners, I don't think that was ever stated. That doesn't mean that players don't have leverage or the right to argue for much better deals (LOL Billy Hunter and Derek Fisher). I could bet you all these savvy businessmen you revere are completely cutthroat at the negotiation table, whether they 'deserved' what they desired or not. It's how you get ahead. It just amuses me the rage people have for these dumb athletes vs. to the White Knighting for owners when it comes to money, who would increase ticket prices and refuse to field a competitive product without hesitation (see Toronto and hockey). Just because the players are too dumb to argue for a bigger piece of the pie doesn't mean they shouldn't.

10-15-2014, 12:13 PM
Money comes from the fans, and that money has to go somewhere. It goes to either the owners or the players. In a perfect world, the owners and players would recognize that the fans are important too and reduce the price of tickets, food, jerseys, etc. instead of bickering who should make more money. But obviously they won't do that and they will never do that. So I would rather have the players make more money because they are the ones with the talent producing the entertainment.

Similar to record companies and artists. The artists are the ones with the talent and the record companies handle the business end. Why should the record companies keep the majority of the profits? If all the players in the NBA died tomorrow, professional basketball's quality will be dramatically reduced since there is no high caliber players to step in their place. The NBA will take a generation to recover and its popularity will plummet. On the other hand, if all the owners died tomorrow, there are plenty of businessmen to take their places and the NBA can go on without too much devastation.

Raven
10-15-2014, 12:41 PM
Money comes from the fans, and that money has to go somewhere. It goes to either the owners or the players. In a perfect world, the owners and players would recognize that the fans are important too and reduce the price of tickets, food, jerseys, etc. instead of bickering who should make more money. But obviously they won't do that and they will never do that. So I would rather have the players make more money because they are the ones with the talent producing the entertainment.

Similar to record companies and artists. The artists are the ones with the talent and the record companies handle the business end. Why should the record companies keep the majority of the profits? If all the players in the NBA died tomorrow, professional basketball's quality will be dramatically reduced since there is no high caliber players to step in their place. The NBA will take a generation to recover and its popularity will plummet. On the other hand, if all the owners died tomorrow, there are plenty of businessmen to take their places and the NBA can go on without too much devastation.

a musician can sell his music elsewhere or use the internet or go to another company or whatever, a player can't go anywhere realistically.

Cry Havoc
10-15-2014, 03:23 PM
There's no programmer at MS that can impact the company's value by $200 million

You massively underestimate the value of software. Notch built Minecraft by himself on his own time in his basement and just got paid $1,000,000,000 for it. More than almost NBA player will make in their lifetime.

baseline bum
10-15-2014, 07:12 PM
Can't win the conversation, change the subject. :lol

Because it doesn't take any talent to cook the fries.

baseline bum
10-15-2014, 07:13 PM
The entire NBA a multi-billion dollar establishment revolving around selling seats, soft drinks, shoes and clothing around these 7 foot jigs. Whatever you want to call it, you and I watch games everyday to see these Negros jumping around in ways you and me cannot :lol. There's no programmer at MS that can impact the company's value by $200 million, the dynamic is clearly different in professional sports. Another LeBron will come along eventually but he's not here now, so owners wouldn't go into a current CBA negotiation thinking they can just wait it out.

Players will never make as much as the owners, I don't think that was ever stated. That doesn't mean that players don't have leverage or the right to argue for much better deals (LOL Billy Hunter and Derek Fisher). I could bet you all these savvy businessmen you revere are completely cutthroat at the negotiation table, whether they 'deserved' what they desired or not. It's how you get ahead. It just amuses me the rage people have for these dumb athletes vs. to the White Knighting for owners when it comes to money, who would increase ticket prices and refuse to field a competitive product without hesitation (see Toronto and hockey). Just because the players are too dumb to argue for a bigger piece of the pie doesn't mean they shouldn't.

Cause the athletes are uneducated ######s.

baseline bum
10-15-2014, 07:16 PM
No, he watches to root for his team(not individual players) and because he likes the sport.

I would never watch the NBA if the players were shitty, like I never watch the NCAA. I would watch Euroleague if NBA owners got cheap and the talent went overseas.

DMC
10-15-2014, 07:51 PM

What's your point? The league is always going to have it's main money winner. The same is true for horse racing, but does the horse get the profits? No. If that horse didn't race, another horse would win. If Lebron wasn't in the NBA, he'd be in prison most likely or bagging groceries or selling shoes at the mall. He wouldn't be owning an NBA franchise. If Mark Cuban didn't own an NBA franchise, he'd own some other high money making outfit because he's smart enough to make himself rich. Meanwhile the 7 foot Negroes we watch can't even speak properly. They have one thing and one thing only and only the educated business man can put them in a position to be successful with that one thing. There are people who play hacky sack like a motherfucker, they aren't getting 40m a year. Why? Because no one gives a shit. Would you stop watching the NBA if a whole new group of Negroes came in and the current Negroes left?

Players don't have leverage. That was illustrated plainly during the last CBA when Billy fucking Hunter ass fucked all of them (as did Fisher) by accepting a shitty deal and pocketing a ton of money in the process.

Any time uneducated black men depend on an educated black man to have their backs, they get sold out to slave traders. History repeats itself. Rev Jackson, Sharpton, Obama... all fucking over the black man and being rewarded highly for doing so.

DMC
10-15-2014, 07:57 PM
The only way the players should make more is if they take more of the risk than they do. If they take a loss when the team does poorly financially, that would go a long way toward helping them make more when the team makes more. But no, they wait for a windfall and want a boost, but they want guaranteed salary at the same time.

Chinook
10-15-2014, 07:57 PM
I would never watch the NBA if the players were shitty, like I never watch the NCAA. I would watch Euroleague if NBA owners got cheap and the talent went overseas.

So would you watch the NBA if all current max players left? I probably would, since that would only mean Parker for the Spurs as of now.

Chinook
10-15-2014, 08:00 PM
The only way the players should make more is if they take more of the risk than they do. If they take a loss when the team does poorly financially, that would go a long way toward helping them make more when the team makes more. But no, they wait for a windfall and want a boost, but they want guaranteed salary at the same time.

I don't see anything wrong with the players negotiating and seeing what happens. I don't see them striking over this, however. But there's no way they strike to end max salaries, which is probably the only thing that's really going to be in contention in the next CBA (as far as money goes).

Clipper Nation
10-15-2014, 08:01 PM
So would you watch the NBA if all current max players left? I probably would, since that would only mean Parker for the Spurs as of now.
Never mind that, we might actually get past the second round without the $107 million choker there to flop, overdribble, and brick in the clutch!

Please go on strike, Choke Paul - please!

baseline bum
10-15-2014, 08:11 PM

Of course I wouldn't. I thought I made that pretty clear in my initial statement.

Silver&Black

baseline bum

What risk do the owners take? The cities build them their arenas.

Chinook
10-15-2014, 08:16 PM
Of course I wouldn't. I thought I made that pretty clear in my initial statement.

Not really. There are quite a few non-max players right now who are pretty good.

I think a GS/SA WCF would be pretty decent, as would a Wizards (without Wall) and Raptors ECF. Definitely a step down from now, but far and away better than the Euroleague.

baseline bum
10-15-2014, 08:20 PM
Not really. There are quite a few non-max players right now who are pretty good.

I think a GS/SA WCF would be pretty decent, as would a Wizards (without Wall) and Raptors ECF. Definitely a step down from now, but far and away better than the Euroleague.

I'd watch Euroleague with all the top talent.

DMC
10-15-2014, 08:23 PM
What risk do the owners take? The cities build them their arenas.

They have to buy the teams with a lot of capital. Any investment is a risk. Players don't invest a cent because they don't have one. They don't have the "supply" part wrapped up, because it's entertainment, not skilled labor like a doctor or plumber. The fact that the D-league players get paid like a normal factory worker, and some move to the NBA, is evidence enough that the owners (rich white men mostly) built an empire. If the NBA closed it's doors tomorrow, the owners would still be wealthy and the players would be broke in a year, mostly.

I do think the NBA needs to release players to make more money on their own name instead of taking profit from both ends.

DMC
10-15-2014, 08:24 PM
They have owners as well.

Chinook
10-16-2014, 12:19 AM

I doubt that many of them would go over. There'd be an influx of money for whoever took them, but it probably wouldn't be enough to give the players the contracts they want. I also think the quality of basketball would be terrible with so many domestic players going to new teams with different cultures. The NBA would be so much better than the mess that Euroleague would be.

Thebesteva
10-16-2014, 02:26 AM
Can't win the conversation, change the subject. :lol

http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/dr-evil-crying1.gif

Thebesteva
10-16-2014, 02:32 AM
What's your point? The league is always going to have it's main money winner. The same is true for horse racing, but does the horse get the profits? No. If that horse didn't race, another horse would win. If Lebron wasn't in the NBA, he'd be in prison most likely or bagging groceries or selling shoes at the mall. He wouldn't be owning an NBA franchise. If Mark Cuban didn't own an NBA franchise, he'd own some other high money making outfit because he's smart enough to make himself rich. Meanwhile the 7 foot Negroes we watch can't even speak properly. They have one thing and one thing only and only the educated business man can put them in a position to be successful with that one thing. There are people who play hacky sack like a motherfucker, they aren't getting 40m a year. Why? Because no one gives a shit. Would you stop watching the NBA if a whole new group of Negroes came in and the current Negroes left?

Players don't have leverage. That was illustrated plainly during the last CBA when Billy fucking Hunter ass fucked all of them (as did Fisher) by accepting a shitty deal and pocketing a ton of money in the process.

Any time uneducated black men depend on an educated black man to have their backs, they get sold out to slave traders. History repeats itself. Rev Jackson, Sharpton, Obama... all fucking over the black man and being rewarded highly for doing so.

Exactly, if Dwyane Wade was born 5'10, he'd be bagging groceries. These guys act like the NBA is keeping them from going on to becoming software engineers or aerospace workers. :lol

This nigga was the sperm 3 hours after Wade, he came out as Keith B instead

http://pbs.twimg.com/media/BB0aSRdCAAAOtEy.jpg:large

Franklin
10-16-2014, 08:29 PM
The bag should be the last person in the whole world to complain about salary tbh.