PDA

View Full Version : So WMD's were in Iraq after all... Bush was right.

tlongII
10-15-2014, 04:45 PM
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2014/10/15/us-troops-wounded-by-decades-old-chemical-weapons-during-iraq-war-report-claims/

I'm not sure why this information was never released. But clearly the people who said no WMD's existed were wrong.

boutons_deux
10-15-2014, 04:52 PM
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2014/10/15/us-troops-wounded-by-decades-old-chemical-weapons-during-iraq-war-report-claims/

I'm not sure why this information was never released. But clearly the people who said no WMD's existed were wrong.

the Repug White House kept the finding of old chem weapons secret,

the military didn't even tell its own troops about the stuff, putting the troops at risk (with commanders like that, who needs enemies?).

If the ancient chem weapons WERE what the Repugs wanted to find, why didn't they shout to the world to justify their Iraq-War-for-Oil?

WMD was and is always will be a REPUG LIE to grab the oil.

spurraider21
10-15-2014, 04:57 PM
Can something be a lie if it was true

CosmicCowboy
10-15-2014, 05:24 PM
the Repug White House kept the finding of old chem weapons secret,

the military didn't even tell its own troops about the stuff, putting the troops at risk (with commanders like that, who needs enemies?).

If the ancient chem weapons WERE what the Repugs wanted to find, why didn't they shout to the world to justify their Iraq-War-for-Oil?

WMD was and is always will be a REPUG LIE to grab the oil.

Except we didn't grab the oil.

Duh.

ElNono
10-15-2014, 05:30 PM
According to the Times, the reports were embarrassing for the Pentagon because, in five of the six incidents in which troops were wounded by chemical agents, the munitions appeared to have been "designed in the US, manufactured in Europe and filled in chemical agent production lines built in Iraq by Western companies".

ChumpDumper
10-15-2014, 05:44 PM

I'm not sure why this information was never released. But clearly the people who said no WMD's existed were wrong.A bunch of old shit Saddam wouldn't and couldn't even use to defend his life?

Yeah, that's what you went to war for. USA! USA!

Fundamental
10-15-2014, 06:58 PM

Duh.

are you familiar with Haliburton? Dick Cheney's company profited about 39.5 billion off the Iraq war

boutons_deux
10-15-2014, 07:38 PM

Duh.

yep, Repugs, military, BigOil all totally fucked up their little Invade-Iraq-for-Oil. A total waste in human health, lives, and $Ts. And that depleted uranium will be fucking up Iraqi for decades.

tlongII
10-15-2014, 08:13 PM
A bunch of old shit Saddam wouldn't and couldn't even use to defend his life?

Yeah, that's what you went to war for. USA! USA!

They weren't meant for defending himself. It was meant for committing genocide.

ChumpDumper
10-15-2014, 08:19 PM
They weren't meant for defending himself. It was meant for committing genocide.Ah, no. Gas and chemical weapons have been used tactically ever since it was introduced, including by Sadaam.

And you can't commit genocide with dud ammo. More likely to kill yourself, as the US soldiers demonstrated by just moving the stuff.

tlongII
10-15-2014, 08:23 PM
Ah, no. Gas and chemical weapons have been used tactically ever since it was introduced, including by Sadaam.

And you can't commit genocide with dud ammo. More likely to kill yourself, as the US soldiers demonstrated by just moving the stuff.

Oh really? Duds, huh? The same duds ISIS has been using?

ChumpDumper
10-15-2014, 08:32 PM
Oh really? Duds, huh? The same duds ISIS has been using?Using where?

Reputable news link requested.

tlongII
10-15-2014, 08:35 PM
Using where?

Reputable news link requested.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/10/14/isis-chemical-weapons-_n_5987106.html

ChumpDumper
10-15-2014, 08:37 PM
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/10/14/isis-chemical-weapons-_n_5987106.htmlSo they aren't using them and you lied.

Thanks for proving yourself wrong with a link.

tlongII
10-15-2014, 08:40 PM
So they aren't using them and you lied.

Thanks for proving yourself wrong with a link.

Apparently you can't read.

For now, the facility and whatever weapons it contained remain part of the Islamic State's self-declared caliphate.

ChumpDumper
10-15-2014, 08:42 PM
Apparently, you don't even know what you lied about.
Oh really? Duds, huh? The same duds ISIS has been using?You said they had been using chemical weapons.

You lied.

tlongII
10-15-2014, 08:43 PM
The Huffington Post's report suggesting that ISIS may have gained control of chemical weapons in Iraq was based on a report released Sunday by the Global Research in International Affairs Center at the Interdisciplinary Center in Herzliya, Israel. The center's analysis suggested that ISIS had used the weapons on Kurdish soldiers in the embattled Syrian region of Kobani over the summer, after capturing the massive former chemical weapons facility of Muthanna in Iraq in June.

ChumpDumper
10-15-2014, 08:47 PM
lol analysis

lol suggested

I asked for a credible source.

ChumpDumper
10-15-2014, 08:53 PM
But thanks for proving they could be used tactically as well.

It's going to take more than a few pictures from a warring party to prove your contention.

tlongII
10-15-2014, 08:57 PM
I know 2 + 2 = 4. Do you?

ChumpDumper
10-15-2014, 09:00 PM
I know 2 + 2 = 4. Do you?I know parties with agendas are prone to lying. Do you?

tlongII
10-15-2014, 09:04 PM
Let's see...

ISIS gains control of abandoned Iraqi chemical weapons? Check.

Dead Kurds found with what appear to be chemical weapon burns after being attacked by ISIS? Check.

Looks like basic math to me.

ChumpDumper
10-15-2014, 09:11 PM
Let's see...

ISIS gains control of abandoned Iraqi chemical weapons? Check.

Dead Kurds found with what appear to be chemical weapon burns after being attacked by ISIS? Check.

Looks like basic math to me.Of course you need to accept this at face value.

I'll wait for actual confirmation. I'll accept it then.

Especially since it's only three soldiers and I read of no chemical analysis being done. It's a simple fluid test. Why not have that done immediately?

tlongII
10-15-2014, 09:27 PM
Of course you need to accept this at face value.

I'll wait for actual confirmation. I'll accept it then.

Especially since it's only three soldiers and I read of no chemical analysis being done. It's a simple fluid test. Why not have that done immediately?

Will you accept that WMD's were in Iraq now?

spurraider21
10-15-2014, 09:33 PM
i have no horse in this race but im expecting chump to answer that with a question

ChumpDumper
10-15-2014, 09:46 PM
Will you accept that WMD's were in Iraq now?I never said they weren't. That was reported as far back as 2004, but not even Bushy pimped it as justification of his harebrained invasion.

Guess you just missed the past decade.

tlongII
10-15-2014, 10:26 PM
I never said they weren't. That was reported as far back as 2004, but not even Bushy pimped it as justification of his harebrained invasion.

Guess you just missed the past decade.

That is patently false.

tlongII
10-15-2014, 10:28 PM
According to U.S. President George W. Bush and British Prime Minister Tony Blair, the coalition mission was "to disarm Iraq of weapons of mass destruction, to end Saddam Hussein's support for terrorism, and to free the Iraqi people."[22]

ChumpDumper
10-15-2014, 10:31 PM
That is patently false.Why are you posting a quote from a year before they found the first chemical shells?

Man, you really have checked out for a decade.

lol wikipedai research

tlongII
10-15-2014, 10:34 PM
Why are you posting a quote from a year before they found the first chemical shells?

Man, you really have checked out for a decade.

lol wikipedai research

Huh? You need to get better at this.

ChumpDumper
10-15-2014, 10:37 PM
Huh? You need to get better at this.The first chemical shells were discovered in 2004.

Bush did not say those were the WMD they were looking for.

Do you understand now?

What does wikipedia tell you to say?

tlongII
10-15-2014, 10:39 PM
The first chemical shells were discovered in 2004.

Do you understand now?

What does wikipedia tell you to say?

Hello? They just found some more. What about this escapes you?

ChumpDumper
10-15-2014, 10:49 PM
Hello? They just found some more. What about this escapes you?Nope, the article clearly stated that the weapons had been discovered in the period from 2004-2011 and that they were all pre 1991 weapons, many of which the west helped supply in one way or another.

lol "just found"

ChumpDumper
10-15-2014, 10:57 PM
....the main reason we went into Iraq, at the time, was we thought he had weapons of mass destruction. It turns out he didn'tAnd of course they found more after that.

Not a peep from Bushy.

Infinite_limit
10-15-2014, 11:28 PM
I am too late to the LOL @ OP party?

spurraider21
10-15-2014, 11:32 PM
The first chemical shells were discovered in 2004.
were they supposed to find them BEFORE going in? i dont get it

which ones DID he say they were looking for? be specific.

tlongII
10-16-2014, 12:38 AM
Nope, the article clearly stated that the weapons had been discovered in the period from 2004-2011 and that they were all pre 1991 weapons, many of which the west helped supply in one way or another.

lol "just found"

You make no sense.

ChumpDumper
10-16-2014, 12:40 AM
were they supposed to find them BEFORE going in? i dont get itBush didn't say those were the ones he said were there before the invasion.

which ones DID he say they were looking for? be specific.Ones that we didn't help him make before 1991, which were the only ones we found. Obviously there was no reason to trumpet their discovery as prewar reports already said they were there.

tlongII
10-16-2014, 12:43 AM
Bush didn't say those were the ones he said were there before the invasion.

Ones that we didn't help him make before 1991, which were the only ones we found. Obviously there was no reason to trumpet their discovery as prewar reports already said they were there.

Bullshit. He said the goal was to rid them of WMD's. There was no distinction of when they were made.

ChumpDumper
You make no sense.I can't understand for you.

Chemical weapons were found in Iraq and made public as early as 2004.

Not once did Bush say those chemical weapons that were found and made public were the weapons pver which the war was fought.

I can't dumb this down for you any more than that.

spurraider21
Bush didn't say those were the ones he said were there before the invasion.

Ones that we didn't help him make before 1991, which were the only ones we found. Obviously there was no reason to trumpet their discovery as prewar reports already said they were there.
don't think that's accurate. they knew Iraq had a bunch stockpiled since the 80's, and after the gulf war the UN went in and began seizing/destroying WMD's. regardless of who helped build what when, they had shit they weren't supposed to have anymore, and the UN was cleaning them out. as we all know Saddam stopped cooperating with the UN, kicked all the inspectors out, and then essentially said "i dont have any more, trust me, but you can't come in and look." the US knew otherwise, and this was confirmed apparently going back to 2004

did bush specifically say we were looking for "WMD's that we didn't help make before 1991"?

ChumpDumper
10-16-2014, 12:46 AM
Bullshit. He said the goal was to rid them of WMD's. There was no distinction of when they were made.Again, straight from Bushy:
....the main reason we went into Iraq, at the time, was we thought he had weapons of mass destruction. It turns out he didn'tAnd of course they found more after that.

Not a peep from Bushy.

ChumpDumper
10-16-2014, 12:47 AM
don't think that's accurate. they knew Iraq had a bunch stockpiled since the 80's, and after the gulf war the UN went in and began seizing/destroying WMD's. regardless of who helped build what when, they had shit they weren't supposed to have anymore, and the UN was cleaning them out. as we all know Saddam stopped cooperating with the UN, kicked all the inspectors out, and then essentially said "i dont have any more, trust me, but you can't come in and look." the US knew otherwise, and this was confirmed apparently going back to 2004

did bush specifically say we were looking for "WMD's that we didn't help make before 1991"?See above.

Also
After the terrorist attacks of Sept. 11, 2001, Mr. Bush insisted that Mr. Hussein was hiding an active weapons of mass destruction program, in defiance of international will and at the world’s risk. United Nations inspectors said they could not find evidence for these claims.
Then, during the long occupation, American troops began encountering old chemical munitions in hidden caches and roadside bombs. Typically 155-millimeter artillery shells or 122-millimeter rockets, they were remnants of an arms program Iraq had rushed into production in the 1980s during the Iran-Iraq war.
All had been manufactured before 1991, participants said. Filthy, rusty or corroded, a large fraction of them could not be readily identified as chemical weapons at all. Some were empty, though many of them still contained potent mustard agent or residual sarin. Most could not have been used as designed, and when they ruptured dispersed the chemical agents over a limited area, according to those who collected the majority of them.
In case after case, participants said, analysis of these warheads and shells reaffirmed intelligence failures. First, the American government did not find what it had been looking for at the war’s outset, then it failed to prepare its troops and medical corps for the aged weapons it did find.

spurraider21
10-16-2014, 12:53 AM
good article, tbh

ChumpDumper
10-16-2014, 12:57 AM
This has been played out several times in the past, like when Santorum threw his Hail Mary to try to save his senate campaign in 06.

Sen. Rick Santorum of Pennsylvania and Rep. Peter Hoekstra of Michigan on Wednesday pointed to a newly declassified report that says coalition forces have found 500 munitions in Iraq that contained degraded sarin or mustard nerve agents.
They cited the report in an attempt to counter criticism by Democrats who say the decision to go to war was a mistake.
But defense officials said Thursday that the weapons were not considered likely to be dangerous because of their age, which they determined to be pre-1991.
Pentagon officials told NBC News that the munitions are the same kind of ordnance the U.S. military has been gathering in Iraq for the past several years, and "not the WMD we were looking for when we went in this time."
The officials spoke on condition of anonymity because of the sensitive nature of the issue.
"We were able to determine that [the missile] is, in fact, degraded and ... is consistent with what we would expect from finding a munition that was dated back to pre-Gulf War," an intelligence official told NBC. Bush's Pentagon officials, whom neither Bush nor anyone else in the administration contradicted.

spurraider21
10-16-2014, 01:09 AM
This has been played out several times in the past, like when Santorum threw his Hail Mary to try to save his senate campaign in 06.

Bush's Pentagon officials, whom neither Bush nor anyone else in the administration contradicted.
yeah, apparently this new finding has caused a lot of hoopla, about how they were told to keep quiet about what they found. just seemed really eerie. but yeah, once bush said he was wrong, it was over

boutons_deux
10-16-2014, 05:00 AM
Munitions Found in Iraq Meet WMD Criteria, Official Says

WASHINGTON, June 29, 2006 – The 500 munitions discovered throughout Iraq since 2003 and discussed in a National Ground Intelligence Center report meet the criteria of weapons of mass destruction, the center's commander said here today.

http://www.defense.gov/News/NewsArticle.aspx?ID=15918

boutons_deux
10-16-2014, 06:40 AM
Munitions Found in Iraq Meet WMD Criteria, Official Says

WASHINGTON, June 29, 2006 – The 500 munitions discovered throughout Iraq since 2003 and discussed in a National Ground Intelligence Center report meet the criteria of weapons of mass destruction, the center's commander said here today.

http://www.defense.gov/News/NewsArticle.aspx?ID=15918

but the war-criminal Repugs didn't trumpet the find as vindication, because these weren't the WMD the Repugs LIED about to invade Iraq-for-oil.

TheSanityAnnex
10-16-2014, 10:33 AM
but the war-criminal Repugs didn't trumpet the find as vindication, because these weren't the WMD the Repugs LIED about to invade Iraq-for-oil.

2 hours and no response so you quote yourself, lol loser.

boutons_deux
10-16-2014, 10:54 AM
2 hours and no response so you quote yourself, lol loser.

a yourself suggestion: GFY

DarrinS
10-17-2014, 11:35 AM
According to the Times, the reports were embarrassing for the Pentagon because, in five of the six incidents in which troops were wounded by chemical agents, the munitions appeared to have been "designed in the US, manufactured in Europe and filled in chemical agent production lines built in Iraq by Western companies".

http://thefederalist.com/2014/10/16/shorter-new-york-times-iraq-had-a-huge-wmd-stash-but-bush-is-still-a-dumb-liar/

This is what counts as “close collaboration” with “the West.” But, true to journalistic ethics, it’s not actually “false.” It’s completely true, for example, that 155-millimeter shells were “designed in the United States.”

In the 1930s.

That’s about one degree off from saying Saddam’s Scuds were “designed in the United States” because of Robert Goddard’s backyard rocket tests. The shells referenced in the Times report were not from the United States, as it turned out, but copies made in Italy and Spain. And they were filled with chemicals manufactured in “production lines” inside Iraq built by private firms from Europe (facts reported well over a decade ago). “Close cooperation,” indeed.

Wild Cobra
10-17-2014, 11:55 AM
My question is this.

Why is Obomba telling the Pentagon to tell us ISIS has WMD...

The left says Iraq didn't have any, now they want us to believe they do...

I see Obomba setting up the scenario to go in again!

ElNono
10-17-2014, 12:03 PM
http://thefederalist.com/2014/10/16/shorter-new-york-times-iraq-had-a-huge-wmd-stash-but-bush-is-still-a-dumb-liar/

That's fine, Darrin. But it obviates the larger point: We (US/Europe) largely provide them with those weapons, then we used the excuse that he had them to invade.

boutons_deux
10-17-2014, 12:03 PM
My question is this.

I see Obomba setting up the scenario to go in again!

Wild Booger's coming in several notches below Fox Repug Propaganda network, imagining lots of dots and then connecting them ALL to left, Obama, Dems.

ChumpDumper
10-17-2014, 12:04 PM
My question is this.

I see Obomba setting up the scenario to go in again!I see your being an idiot again.

Everything you say is complete partisan bullshit.

The Reckoning
10-17-2014, 12:36 PM
That's fine, Darrin. But it obviates the larger point: We (US/Europe) largely provide them with those weapons, then we used the excuse that he had them to invade.

to be fair, i don't think the suppliers intended for him to use against his own people but probably Iran (which he did).

ElNono
10-17-2014, 12:43 PM
to be fair, i don't think the suppliers intended for him to use against his own people but probably Iran (which he did).

I'm pretty sure they knew who they were giving it to. Doubt there were many strings attached, tbh...

boutons_deux
10-17-2014, 01:04 PM
INVESTIGATION (http://foreignpolicy.com/category/section/investigation)

Exclusive: CIA Files Prove America Helped Saddam as He Gassed Iran (http://www.foreignpolicy.com/articles/2013/08/25/secret_cia_files_prove_america_helped_saddam_as_he _gassed_iran)

The U.S. knew Hussein was launching some of the worst chemical attacks in history -- and still gave him a hand.

http://www.foreignpolicy.com/articles/2013/08/25/secret_cia_files_prove_america_helped_saddam_as_he _gassed_iran

The Reckoning
10-17-2014, 01:08 PM
See boutons my home boy partner in crime backing up my statements, par per

The Reckoning
10-17-2014, 01:11 PM
Imagine the massive intelligence/diplomatic clusterfuck whenever they did discover WMDs and found out they were Western in origin. Embarrassing enough to not be talked about, I'd reckon.

The Reckoning
10-17-2014, 01:13 PM
You'd think daddy bush would throw W a bone on that one.

Wild Cobra
10-17-2014, 01:39 PM
I see your being an idiot again.

Everything you say is complete partisan bullshit.
Are you saying my hatred towards Obomba is showing?

ChumpDumper
10-17-2014, 01:45 PM
Are you saying my hatred towards Obomba is showing?I'm saying everything you say is complete partisan bullshit.

boutons_deux
10-17-2014, 02:29 PM
INVESTIGATION (http://foreignpolicy.com/category/section/investigation)

Exclusive: CIA Files Prove America Helped Saddam as He Gassed Iran (http://www.foreignpolicy.com/articles/2013/08/25/secret_cia_files_prove_america_helped_saddam_as_he _gassed_iran)

The U.S. knew Hussein was launching some of the worst chemical attacks in history -- and still gave him a hand.

http://www.foreignpolicy.com/articles/2013/08/25/secret_cia_files_prove_america_helped_saddam_as_he _gassed_iran

Saddam's warring with Iran was St Ronnie's proxy avenging the Tehran Embassy takeover, which St Ronnie operatives PROMISED to Iran that St Ronnie wouldn't do if the Iranians would only hold the hostages until 20 Jan 1981 to keep Carter from getting an election boost if the hostages were released before the Nov 1980 election.

Such filthy dirty Repug tricks echo Repug criminal Tricky Dick Nixon secretly scuttling the VN Paris peace talks late in the 1968 campaign.

AaronY
10-17-2014, 02:33 PM
Such is life in ST Politics section

angrydude
10-17-2014, 05:04 PM
Even if they lucked out and one of their lies happened to be true we haven't been in the middle east for 13 years now for a few stockpiles of "expired or degraded weapons."

Nbadan
10-17-2014, 11:01 PM
When the bullshit imminent threat story-line didn't pan out for the wing-nuts they moved the goal-post to Saddam's association to terra-ist...al-Queda...when that story didn't pan out either they changed the goal-post again to 'finding Saddam's stock-pile of weapons of mass destruction"....fact is, everything was so wrong, so negligent, that Bush's history will be that he was an international war criminal who illegally invaded a sovereign country...

Winehole23
10-21-2014, 10:37 AM
Even if they lucked out and one of their lies happened to be true we haven't been in the middle east for 13 years now for a few stockpiles of "expired or degraded weapons."worse, injured US troops were denied proper medical care after exposure to spare the USG embarrassment:

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2014/10/14/world/middleeast/us-casualties-of-iraq-chemical-weapons.html

boutons_deux
11-07-2014, 10:33 AM
NYTimes', NOT Fox', bitch slapping the govt achieves some military transparency

More Than 600 Reported Chemical Exposure in Iraq, Pentagon Acknowledges

More than 600 American service members since 2003 have reported to military medical staff members that they believe they were exposed to chemical warfare agents in Iraq (http://topics.nytimes.com/top/news/international/countriesandterritories/iraq/index.html?inline=nyt-geo), but the Pentagon failed to recognize the scope of the reported cases or offer adequate tracking and treatment to those who may have been injured, defense officials say.

The Pentagon’s disclosure abruptly changed the scale and potential costs of the United States’ encounters with abandoned chemical weapons during the occupation of Iraq (http://topics.nytimes.com/top/news/international/countriesandterritories/iraq/index.html?inline=nyt-geo), episodes the military had for more than a decade kept from view.

This previously untold chapter of the occupation became public after an investigation by The New York Times (http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2014/10/14/world/middleeast/us-casualties-of-iraq-chemical-weapons.html)revealed last month that although troops did not find an active weapons of mass destruction program, they did encounter degraded chemical weapons from the 1980s that had been hidden in caches or used in makeshift bombs.

The Times initially disclosed 17 cases of American service members who were injured by sarin or a sulfur mustard agent. And since the report was published last month, more service members have come forward, pushing the number who were exposed to chemical agents to more than 25. But an internal review of Pentagon records ordered by Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel (http://topics.nytimes.com/top/reference/timestopics/people/h/chuck_hagel/index.html?inline=nyt-per) has now uncovered that hundreds of troops told the military they believe they were exposed, officials said.

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2014/11/07/world/middleeast/-more-than-600-reported-chemical-weapons-exposure-in-iraq-pentagon-acknowledges.html?_r=0

So do we believe the military bullshit that safety of the troops is the commanders' overriding priority? :lol

Gulf War Syndrome II, anybody?

USA leaving Iraq MUCH WORSE than before dubya/dickhead invaded for BigOil.

and USA itself is worse off.

Thanks, Repugs! We all look forward to your upcoming EXCELLENT GOVERNANCE and ASTOUNDING COMPETENCE