PDA

View Full Version : Why are the conservative posters here wealthier than their liberal counterparts?

DeadlyDynasty
10-16-2014, 08:10 AM
Serious question: vy, tlong, CC, TSA (closer to right than left), even Darrin, WC and others--why are they more successful than the common man here?

Winehole23
10-16-2014, 09:52 AM
God rewards the good ones by givin em the goodies

DeadlyDynasty
10-16-2014, 09:56 AM
Do you have goodies too, WH?

Winehole23
10-16-2014, 10:05 AM
in the conventional sense, not really.

I got enough to maintain a lifestyle I like. You?

mrsmaalox
10-16-2014, 11:24 AM
They aren't. They just talk about what they have more than the others do.

TheSanityAnnex
10-16-2014, 11:41 AM
Link please.

Wild Cobra
10-16-2014, 11:45 AM

Link please.
Maalox is correct in that I have eluded to the money I make. What pisses me off is paying in excess of $10/hr in taxes, putting money in my personal retirement to secure my own future, pay for insurance, and not have much more than those as net money to spend than those whining about not having enough money. Especially those who I am helping to subsidize.

Wild Cobra
10-16-2014, 11:48 AM
Why are the conservative posters here wealthier than their liberal counterparts?

I would say the key difference is that conservatives, as a general rule, tend to be more responsible than liberals.

baseline bum
10-16-2014, 11:54 AM
Especially those who I am helping to subsidize.

Like your whore mother?

m>s
10-16-2014, 12:03 PM
Like your whore mother?
Like n!ggers

FromWayDowntown
10-16-2014, 01:08 PM
I would say the key difference is that conservatives, as a general rule, tend to be more responsible than liberals.

This is unquestionably true. For some reason, I'm much more inclined to post while driving my Ferrari than I am when driving my Maserati. Likely, that's a product of my irresponsibility.

(and there's nothing quite like propping yourself up by questioning the character of those you disagree with).

Spurminator
10-16-2014, 01:17 PM
What pisses me off is paying in excess of $10/hr in taxes, putting money in my personal retirement to secure my own future, pay for insurance, and not have much more than those as net money to spend than those whining about not having enough money. Especially those who I am helping to subsidize.

Um, the money you put into retirement counts as "net money." It's not the same as paying taxes. You have a choice on how much you put away, and while it's certainly the responsible decision to put as much of it away as possible (especially pre-tax), that's not a luxury many poor people have... So it doesn't really make sense to list that as some kind of obstacle to making more money than the "whiners" you speak of.

If you're barely getting by on your monthly spending funds, then perhaps you need to examine your insurance costs or put less into retirement.

m>s
10-16-2014, 02:03 PM
I Posted the study a while back showing conservatives have bigger balls on average too

Wild Cobra
10-16-2014, 02:17 PM
Um, the money you put into retirement counts as "net money." It's not the same as paying taxes.
Yes, technically you are correct. I should have worded that differently.

You have a choice on how much you put away, and while it's certainly the responsible decision to put as much of it away as possible (especially pre-tax), that's not a luxury many poor people have...
This is true, and pre tax for me at the federal 25% and state 9% marginal rates are more beneficial to me than someone of lesser means only getting a 10% and 5% break. People with less money can still open an IRA. It's a matter of doing with less. For me, I only see $66 less for every $100 I save.

Still, if I just count my taxes alone, I pay way too much.

So it doesn't really make sense to list that as some kind of obstacle to making more money than the "whiners" you speak of.

Well, my mindset for not appreciating them is not that they whine, but why they whine. Rarely do you see someone that tried to accel and be responsible in life, that didn't accel. Granted, luck is part of the equation, but I came from a poor background so I don't allow that as an excuse.

If you're barely getting by on your monthly spending funds, then perhaps you need to examine your insurance costs or put less into retirement.
I'm not "barely" getting by. I just don't live as well as many people on food stamps. I live within the means I allow for myself. When I keep seeing people asking for the government to provide more and more, but I don't see these people trying to better their own circumstance, I just shake my head.

TheSanityAnnex
10-16-2014, 03:18 PM
I'm not "barely" getting by. I just don't live as well as many people on food stamps.:lmao

Spurminator
10-16-2014, 03:48 PM
Yeah yeah, that massive fictitious mob of wealthy food stamp and welfare scammers... Time to get mad about them again. We work hard while they just sit around and count their Big Macs and Xboxes.

DarrinS
10-16-2014, 03:51 PM
If I had to guess, I'd say the older members of this board make more than younger members, regardless of which way they lean politically.

Spurminator
10-16-2014, 03:53 PM
tbh I missed the board census where we all reported our income and assets.

Wild Cobra
10-16-2014, 04:04 PM
tbh I missed the board census where we all reported our income and assets.
Why?

I would low-ball mine so others didn't hate me so much.

CosmicCowboy
10-16-2014, 04:28 PM

Freaking richer:p:

Whaddya mean "they"? :lol

CosmicCowboy
10-16-2014, 04:29 PM
If I had to guess, I'd say the older members of this board make more than younger members, regardless of which way they lean politically.

I think we have a winner.

vy65
10-16-2014, 04:31 PM
Wait, how old do you fucks think I am?

DarrinS
10-16-2014, 04:52 PM
Wait, how old do you fucks think I am?

65?

:bobo

DarrinS
10-16-2014, 04:58 PM
Yeah yeah, that massive fictitious mob of wealthy food stamp and welfare scammers... Time to get mad about them again. We work hard while they just sit around and count their Big Macs and Xboxes.

You don't think there are lots of people on food stamps that have SUV's, plasma TV's, and Xboxes?

CosmicCowboy
10-16-2014, 05:11 PM
You don't think there are lots of people on food stamps that have SUV's, plasma TV's, and Xboxes?

There is no doubt that there are some welfare cheats (unreported income) just like there are some tax cheats (unreported income)

"Lots" is probably a cliche overstatement.

Spurminator
10-16-2014, 05:17 PM

I'm sure there are several. And I'm positive that the anger about it far exceeds the degree of the problem, and is usually fueled by local news stories highlighting a bad example or two rather than personal experience. How many people on food stamps do you know?

Uriel
10-16-2014, 05:26 PM
This isn't true. On average, liberal households earn 6% more in income than conservative households. Liberals also have higher IQ, higher educational attainment, and greater occupational prestige than conservatives.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2006/11/who_really_cares.html

Clipper Nation
10-16-2014, 05:31 PM
:lol Welfare Cobra

m>s
10-16-2014, 05:31 PM
This isn't true. On average, liberal households earn 6% more in income than conservative households. Liberals also have higher IQ, higher educational attainment, and greater occupational prestige than conservatives.

Liberal women are also more likely to work and more conservative women take time off to raise kids, check the birth rates. Of course two people are going to earn more than one. So glad your type are dying off white conservatives are breeding above the replacement rate at 2.9 births per family.

also where were you when I poated the study that conservatives have higher testosterone and bigger testicles? It's no wonder you betas aren't breeding, you probably can't even produce sperm.

CosmicCowboy
10-16-2014, 05:32 PM

uhhhh...some pretty blanket statements there. There is positively no cause and effect relationship between being liberal and being smarter. Boutons is a perfect example of that. As for your "occupational prestige" that and $5 will get you a cup of coffee at Starbucks. I'll take the occupational cash, thank you very much.

vy65
10-16-2014, 05:36 PM

lotsa irony here

DarrinS
10-16-2014, 05:43 PM

Interesting article. You may want to read it.

Uriel
10-16-2014, 05:43 PM
There is positively no cause and effect relationship between being liberal and being smarter. Boutons is a perfect example of that.
Yeah, you're right. It's being smarter that makes you more liberal.

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=240018

Uriel
10-16-2014, 05:45 PM
Interesting article. You may want to read it.
It says that conservatives are more charitable. But I linked to it because of the statistic I used:

"It is not that conservatives have more money. Liberal families average 6 percent higher incomes than conservative families."

I'm merely citing my source.

Uriel
10-16-2014, 05:46 PM
Liberal women are also more likely to work and more conservative women take time off to raise kids, check the birth rates. Of course two people are going to earn more than one. So glad your type are dying off white conservatives are breeding above the replacement rate at 2.9 births per family.

also where were you when I poated the study that conservatives have higher testosterone and bigger testicles? It's no wonder you betas aren't breeding, you probably can't even produce sperm.
So your barometer for success in life is how successful you are in breeding?

Okay.

DarrinS
10-16-2014, 05:52 PM
It says that conservatives are more charitable. But I linked to it because of the statistic I used:

"It is not that conservatives have more money. Liberal families average 6 percent higher incomes than conservative families."

I'm merely citing my source.

So liberals are smarter, wealthier, but much less generous than conservatives?

Uriel
10-16-2014, 05:56 PM
So liberals are smarter, wealthier, but much less generous than conservatives?
The far-left doesn't believe in charity, because as Karl Marx wrote, it merely acts as a band-aid to disguise the structural ills of society. The only way to truly cure these ills is by enacting major reform, in the form of policies that provide health care, education, and employment to all people, regardless of their socio-economic status. That is why liberals fight for these policies.

DarrinS
10-16-2014, 06:01 PM
The far-left doesn't believe in charity, because as Karl Marx wrote, it merely acts as a band-aid to disguise the structural ills of society. The only way to truly cure these ills is by enacting major reform, in the form of policies that provide health care, education, and employment to all people, regardless of their socio-economic status. That is why liberals fight for these policies.

Marx? How'd that work out?

Uriel
10-16-2014, 06:14 PM
I'm not defending Marx's ideas, nor am I defending the far-left. I happen to believe that charity is good, and I'm disappointed that liberals don't give more.

I do, however, think it is worth pointing out that it is the left that works to enact structural change that will benefit all of society, something that goes far beyond just giving donations.

TeyshaBlue
10-16-2014, 07:06 PM
Nice. Somebody said that in a book. Ill wait for the actual study.

Spurminator
10-16-2014, 07:27 PM
As two MIT political scientists determined in a 2013 paper (http://bit.ly/1i8SiL2), the inclination to give appears to have virtually no relationship to one's partisan or ideological views.

http://www.latimes.com/business/hiltzik/la-fi-mh-conservatives-or-liberals-20140331-story.html

The MIT study also disputes liberals being more wealthy than conservatives.

https://s3.amazonaws.com/s3.documentcloud.org/documents/1100129/who-gives.pdf

boutons_deux
10-16-2014, 08:43 PM
it is the left that works to enact structural change that will benefit all of society

:lol and the 1%/right-wing/Repugs do "work to enact structural change that will benefit all of society"? :lol

Internet and the ignorant assholes it exposes is so entertaining.

boutons_deux
10-16-2014, 08:45 PM
The Charitable-Giving Divide
http://www.nytimes.com/2010/08/22/magazine/22FOB-wwln-t.html

Uriel
10-16-2014, 08:48 PM
:lol and the 1%/right-wing/Repugs do "work to enact structural change that will benefit all of society"? :lol

Dude, that was precisely the point I was making. The left works to benefit all of society. The right doesn't. Read my post again.

TeyshaBlue
10-16-2014, 08:51 PM

Ridiculous conflation yields strawman. Nothing new here. Smh

TeyshaBlue
10-16-2014, 08:52 PM
Dude, that was precisely the point I was making. The left works to benefit all of society. The right doesn't. Read my post again.

Lots of dots to connect. Better get started.

vy65
10-16-2014, 08:53 PM
Ridiculous conflation yields strawman. Nothing new here. Smh

GFY

DeadlyDynasty
10-16-2014, 09:49 PM
TB with the back from the dead goods:lol

Agloco
10-16-2014, 10:12 PM
I do fairly well, I mean, for being a libtard and all.

spurraider21
10-16-2014, 11:17 PM
Uriel (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=20048) do u have to bring iq into every thread? :lol

we get it brah. u took an iq test recently

i'm already pretty obnoxious... i can imagine how much worse it would be if i paraded around campus wearing my LSAT score as a badge

ElNono
10-17-2014, 12:43 AM
This is unquestionably true. For some reason, I'm much more inclined to post while driving my Ferrari than I am when driving my Maserati. Likely, that's a product of my irresponsibility.

(and there's nothing quite like propping yourself up by questioning the character of those you disagree with).

:lol

ElNono
10-17-2014, 12:43 AM

:lol

SnakeBoy
10-17-2014, 12:44 AM
Serious question: vy, tlong, CC, TSA (closer to right than left), even Darrin, WC and others--why are they more successful than the common man here?

People in the upper tax brackets tend to be more fiscally conservative.

admiralsnackbar
10-17-2014, 01:17 AM
I Posted the study a while back showing conservatives have bigger balls on average too

File under: Broca's Balls.

admiralsnackbar
10-17-2014, 01:25 AM
People in the upper tax brackets tend to be more fiscally conservative.

You'd be surprised. My experience with people in the upper tax bracket is that they tend to have better accountants/tax attorneys and a materialistic 'out-doing the Joneses' competitive streak. I'd say upper middle-class people tend to be more fiscally conservative, but that's as far as I'd go.

Uriel
10-17-2014, 01:29 AM
Uriel (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=20048) do u have to bring iq into every thread? :lol

we get it brah. u took an iq test recently

i'm already pretty obnoxious... i can imagine how much worse it would be if i paraded around campus wearing my LSAT score as a badge
Technically, I haven't taken any IQ tests recently. The last one I took was 2 years ago. I just happened to be fascinated by intelligence, and its correlates.

admiralsnackbar
10-17-2014, 01:32 AM

While I'm happy to be a capitalist, you shouldn't confuse Marxism with communism as we've seen it. Marx argued that if mechanization came to a point where machines could do most human labor (reducing people to economic uselessness), THEN his version of communism would be useful to societies. Even with automation where it is, we're still a century or more away from satisfying the requirements of his premise. Guy's critique of capitalism was pretty spot-on, but his solution was sci-fi.

spurraider21
10-17-2014, 01:53 AM
Technically, I haven't taken any IQ tests recently. The last one I took was 2 years ago. I just happened to be fascinated by intelligence, and its correlates.
i don't get what the technically qualifier did there... and are you suggesting talking about intelligence correlates with being intelligent?

Uriel
10-17-2014, 02:02 AM
i don't get what the technically qualifier did there... and are you suggesting talking about intelligence correlates with being intelligent?
No. I mean I'm fascinated by the kinds of things having a high IQ is associated with. It isn't just political liberalism or atheism. Apparently, having high intelligence correlates to a lot of things, from liking classical and jazz music to being taller.

SnakeBoy
10-17-2014, 02:02 AM
You'd be surprised. My experience with people in the upper tax bracket is that they tend to have better accountants/tax attorneys and a materialistic 'out-doing the Joneses' competitive streak. I'd say upper middle-class people tend to be more fiscally conservative, but that's as far as I'd go.

Upper middle class is who I was talking about. I don't think there are any truly wealthy posters on this forum, as far as I've seen.

admiralsnackbar
10-17-2014, 02:06 AM
Upper middle class is who I was talking about. I don't think there are any truly wealthy posters on this forum, as far as I've seen.

Fair enough, then. Carry on, gents.

Uriel
10-17-2014, 02:06 AM
Some of the Things Positively Correlated with a High IQ:

1. Income
2. Educational attainment
3. Atheism
4. Political liberalism
5. Height
6. Physical appearance
7. Desire to stand out from the rest
8. Preference for classical and jazz music
9. Sleeping late at night
10. Taking drugs / drinking (but not smoking)
11. Openness to new experiences
12. Health
13. Lack of violent crime
14. Job performance
15. Creativity

TeyshaBlue
10-17-2014, 08:15 AM
No. I mean I'm fascinated by the kinds of things having a high IQ is associated with. It isn't just political liberalism or atheism. Apparently, having high intelligence correlates to a lot of things, from liking classical and jazz music to being taller.

I'm a 6'2", classically trained pianist and jazz musician. Im freaking Einstein!

TeyshaBlue
10-17-2014, 08:19 AM
http://www.latimes.com/business/hiltzik/la-fi-mh-conservatives-or-liberals-20140331-story.html

The MIT study also disputes liberals being more wealthy than conservatives.

https://s3.amazonaws.com/s3.documentcloud.org/documents/1100129/who-gives.pdf

*Liberal crickets*

pgardn
10-17-2014, 08:29 AM
Why are posters here who claim to be wealthy thinking anyone actually believes them or cares?
And which posters actually have time to even keep track of posters who claim to be wealthy?

The attempts to correlate so many oddball characteristics is amusing though, carry on.

TeyshaBlue
10-17-2014, 08:44 AM
Quiet or I'll lay some Theloneus Monk on yer ass!

pgardn
10-17-2014, 09:19 AM
Quiet or I'll lay some Theloneus Monk on yer ass!

Thats not fair.
I can't keep up with Jazz, my IQ's too low.

TeyshaBlue
10-17-2014, 09:34 AM
n00b!

vy65
10-17-2014, 09:54 AM
http://cdn.meme.am/instances/500x/22147887.jpg

DeadlyDynasty
10-17-2014, 10:40 AM
I'm a 6'2", classically trained pianist and jazz musician. Im freaking Einstein!
pfft...I'm a 6'4" Tenor Sax player and pill-popping insomniac w/ no rap sheet and a penchant for macaroni drawings

Cry Havoc
10-17-2014, 10:55 AM
Maalox is correct in that I have eluded to the money I make.

Alluded. English is your friend.

/pedantry

boutons_deux
10-17-2014, 10:59 AM

/pedantry

WildCobra-bonics

Wild Cobra
10-17-2014, 11:23 AM

/pedantry
LOL...

I see we have the Spelling Nazis in place.

TeyshaBlue
10-17-2014, 11:59 AM
:worthy:
pfft...I'm a 6'4" Tenor Sax player and pill-popping insomniac w/ no rap sheet and a penchant for macaroni drawings

ElNono
10-17-2014, 12:04 PM

Dunno if you like Woody Allen movies, but his last one certainly has some really nice Jazz music in it.

TeyshaBlue
10-17-2014, 12:17 PM
Woody Allen is like really good Bluegrass music...I can dig the talent and performance but anything more than 30 minutes whips my ass.

TeyshaBlue
10-17-2014, 12:22 PM

1. Income
3. Atheism
4. Political liberalism
5. Height
6. Physical appearance
12. Health
14. Job performance
15. Creativity

16. Serial Killers

TheSanityAnnex
10-17-2014, 12:37 PM

1. Income-steady stream from stocks/property to cover all my bills, plus I make a decent salary
2. Educational attainment-graduated cum laude from Arizona State and attained plenty of top notch pussy
3. Atheism-deism
4. Political liberalism-classical liberalism sure, liberalism today in the US fuck no
5. Height-6'0"
6. Physical appearance-175 pound lean and cut lady slayer with a freshly trimmed moustache
7. Desire to stand out from the rest-not a desire but it comes naturally
8. Preference for classical and jazz music-not a preference but all the music I listen to was influenced by classical and jazz
9. Sleeping late at night-up late every night working on various woodworking projects in my shop
10. Taking drugs / drinking (but not smoking)-yes please
11. Openness to new experiences-killed my first deer with a compound bow last weekend
12. Health-amazing considering all the drugs and drinking
13. Lack of violent crime-haven't had to shoot anyone yet
14. Job performance-fantastic when I feel like working
15. Creativity-woodworking, create my own flies for fishing, mastered ableton live, spin turntables, piano, guitar, calligraphy

14 out of 15. My IQ is higher than I thought. Your turn Uriel.

spurraider21
10-17-2014, 01:34 PM
^

ok, so you don't have desire.

TheSanityAnnex
10-17-2014, 01:38 PM
^

ok, so you don't have desire.

13 out of 15. Knock my IQ down a point I guess.

spurraider21
10-17-2014, 01:48 PM
^8. Preference for classical and jazz music-not a preference but all the music I listen to was influenced by classical and jazz

so not a preference

TheSanityAnnex
10-17-2014, 01:57 PM
^8. Preference for classical and jazz music-not a preference but all the music I listen to was influenced by classical and jazz

so not a preferenceI have a preference for the hip hop and electronic music I listen to be influenced by classical and jazz. -.5 IQ points?

TheSanityAnnex
10-17-2014, 01:59 PM
16. Well hung-indeed

Boom. Got my 1.5 points back.

Clipper Nation
10-17-2014, 02:10 PM

1. Income
3. Atheism
4. Political liberalism
5. Height
6. Physical appearance
12. Health
14. Job performance
15. Creativity

Urinel with the faggotry per par....

rogues
10-17-2014, 02:27 PM
:lol I hope this new faggy libtard poster doesn't blindly follow his opinions because he thinks they correlate to all those things he posted..

Nbadan
10-17-2014, 11:08 PM

My guess is that depends on your interpretation of 'truly wealthy'....