PDA

View Full Version : Armenians ruin everything

vy65
10-16-2014, 10:06 AM
http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2014/10/15/gamergate-feminist-video-game-critic-anita-sarkeesian-cancels-utah-lecture-after-threat-citing-police-inability-to-prevent-concealed-weapons-at-event/

Spurminator
10-16-2014, 10:08 AM
lol gamers

Winehole23
10-16-2014, 10:11 AM
what did Anita Sarkeesian ruin for you? I mean, besides her scheduled appearance at Utah State.

vy65
10-16-2014, 10:12 AM
Video games as a hetero-normative, misogynistic, and violent (sub)culture, obviously.

Winehole23
10-16-2014, 10:13 AM
I'm sorry for your loss.

vy65
10-16-2014, 10:15 AM
Thank you, that means a lot.

baseline bum
10-16-2014, 10:25 AM
Feminist Frequency :lol

I want to shoot shit up and drive fast in my video games, not simulate cooking dinner and scrubbing the bathtub, so please quit bitching about games designed for men tbh.

boutons_deux
10-16-2014, 10:26 AM
Utah! :lol

Utah State :lol grovelling before the dickless gun fellators with their metallic penises and dickless gamers with their pimples, potbellies, fatasses.

NRA/GOA and gun fellators upgrading American civilization!

If blacks had been heckling the speech in the same building of a Utah white supremacist militiaman, the police would have been called in, would have gassed them and beat them all to shit.

vy65
10-16-2014, 10:28 AM
Feminist Frequency :lol

I want to shoot shit up and drive fast in my video games, not simulate cooking dinner and scrubbing the bathtub, so please quit bitching about games designed for men tbh.

This all kicked off on a very specific, if no less troubling, issue. In 2013, an independent game designer named Zoe Quinn released a free game called Depression Quest. Depression Quest isn’t a “game,” in the way we traditionally conceive of it: It’s more a story or a piece of interactive art, which as it unfolds, tells the story of a young adult’s depression.Some people were really into Depression Quest, including several video game critics. Other players took issue with what they considered the artsiness, the non-game-iness of the game. (Remember, this whole debate essentially boils down to identity: what counts as gaming and what doesn’t.)

crofl depression quest. I'd wanna kill myself too if I looked like this thing:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-apps/imrs.php?src=http://img.washingtonpost.com/news/the-intersect/wp-content/uploads/sites/32/2014/10/quinn.jpg&w=1484

m>s
10-16-2014, 10:38 AM
Those two whores are still milking their 5 minutes of fame for all its worth. I've never seen something like gamergate in my entire life. Websites were censoring any and all discussion and even 4chan which has always been anything goes was deleting any thread related to GG and issuing bans. Those people are in bed with the gaming industry (in Quinn's case, literally) in order to inject their feminist sjw narrative into video games, because it's the last place men can retreat to just get away. It also came out that they were taking orders from a government think tank, these are the people who are already brainwashing the masses via the other forms of media and want to expand their stranglehold into video gaming culture.

m>s
10-16-2014, 10:42 AM
And sarkeesian was already caught false flagging herself once, I would be surprised if it were one of her goons who made the threat themselves. Why not go after guns and video games, kill 2 birds with one stone? There is a concerted cultural marxist agenda going on against men and especially white men. Just look at every sitcom on tv, the dad is always some dopey incompetent cuck and the woman is always running the show.

cantthinkofanything
10-16-2014, 10:42 AM
IDK...she looks like she knows how to hold a joystick

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-apps/imrs.php?src=http://img.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp-content/uploads/sites/21/2014/08/8494631428_324d05a221_o-682x1024.jpg&w=1484

ChumpDumper
10-16-2014, 10:43 AM
Those two whores are still milking their 5 minutes of fame for all its worth. I've never seen something like gamergate in my entire life. Websites were censoring any and all discussion and even 4chan which has always been anything goes was deleting any thread related to GG and issuing bans. Those people are in bed with the gaming industry (in Quinn's case, literally) in order to inject their feminist sjw narrative into video games, because it's the last place men can retreat to just get away. It also came out that they were taking orders from a government think tank, these are the people who are already brainwashing the masses via the other forms of media and want to expand their stranglehold into video gaming culture.
Which government think tank?

lol stranglehold

m>s
10-16-2014, 10:43 AM
She looks like an evil hook nosed ****

DisAsTerBot
10-16-2014, 10:49 AM
i dont get it. Can't they just not buy the games they find offensive? Or do they want to regulate every game and make sure women aren't offended?

what is the end game here?

TheSanityAnnex
10-16-2014, 10:50 AM
http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2014/10/15/gamergate-feminist-video-game-critic-anita-sarkeesian-cancels-utah-lecture-after-threat-citing-police-inability-to-prevent-concealed-weapons-at-event/

Wouldn't surprise me in the least bit if that threat was made by an anti-gunner.

boutons_deux
10-16-2014, 10:53 AM
Wouldn't surprise me in the least bit if that threat was made by an anti-gunner.

of course! NRA/GOA and gun fellators are NEVER at fault, would never be scared dickless of wimmins who don't want to be beat up, shot up, raped up, virtually or physically

vy65
10-16-2014, 10:57 AM
Oh my god, this is a steaming pile of shit. Seriously, people are up in arms about the lack of "games" like this?

http://www.depressionquest.com/dqfinal.html#

m>s
10-16-2014, 11:02 AM
i dont get it. Can't they just not buy the games they find offensive? Or do they want to regulate every game and make sure women aren't offended?

what is the end game here?
Injecting social justice into gaming culture. These women don't care about the games.

m>s
10-16-2014, 11:03 AM
of course! NRA/GOA and gun fellators are NEVER at fault, would never be scared dickless of wimmins who don't want to be beat up, shot up, raped up, virtually or physically
Get fucked, kike.

b-but Muh guns :cry

ChumpDumper
10-16-2014, 11:03 AM

Which government think tank?

lol stranglehold

m>s
10-16-2014, 11:05 AM
Fuck off kike. Funny how both you and jewtouns beepers both went off at this thread.

TheSanityAnnex
10-16-2014, 11:10 AM
And sarkeesian was already caught false flagging herself once, I would be surprised if it were one of her goons who made the threat themselves.Beat me to it. This reeks of a liberal set up.

ChumpDumper
10-16-2014, 11:17 AM
Fuck off kike. Funny how both you and jewtouns beepers both went off at this thread.no reason to be so hostile.

Just say which government think tank so everyone will know.

m>s
10-16-2014, 11:18 AM
I don't respond to kike shill questions

ChumpDumper
10-16-2014, 11:20 AM
I don't respond to kike shill questionsOK, I figured you just made it all up anyway.

Thanks for the confirmation! :tu

m>s
10-16-2014, 11:31 AM
No but by playing into your little Socratic method question game you're onky going to try to derail the thread and I think it's importabt that people see this information

you have 87000 posts on this website mostly just shitposting, it's obvious you're a shill. Who do you work for, USG? JIDF?

ChumpDumper
10-16-2014, 11:37 AM
No but by playing into your little Socratic method question game you're onky going to try to derail the thread and I think it's importabt that people see this information

you have 87000 posts on this website mostly just shitposting, it's obvious you're a shill. Who do you work for, USG? JIDF?I am asking you about a claim you made in this thread about the thread topic.

If you think it's important for people to see this, then you'll have no problem with their seeing thie name of this government think tank you most assuredly did not make up.

m>s
10-16-2014, 11:46 AM
I don't negotiate with terrorists and I have no desire to speak with you, so stop derailing the thread please.

ChumpDumper
10-16-2014, 11:48 AM
You're the only one derailing the thread trying to make this personal.

Just post the name of the government think tank you brought up. Simple.

boutons_deux
10-16-2014, 12:04 PM
crofl depression quest. I'd wanna kill myself too if I looked like this thing:

right-wing, sexist, misogynist Warrior on Women pig.

vy65
10-16-2014, 12:08 PM
^ playin' the real-life version of depression quest ...

baseline bum
10-16-2014, 12:14 PM

:lmao

boutons_deux
10-16-2014, 12:22 PM

nah, just bitch slappin what needs bitch slappin

vy65
10-16-2014, 12:24 PM
Seriously, I don't get the angle here. There's no institutional barrier to creating women-focused game content. If women want "feminist" video games, they can create content. If they're unhappy with the "misogynistic trope" in video games, then create a counter-narrative.

But I get the sense that the "feminist" demand is to censor/alter games as they exist now to promote an ideology they want. And that ain't right.

vy65
10-16-2014, 12:24 PM

OMG YOU SAID BITCH YOU FUCKING MISOGYNISTIC ASSHOLE

vy65
10-16-2014, 12:25 PM

Crofl Buttons, just glorifying domestic violence.

m>s
10-16-2014, 12:25 PM
Reported to Anita for misogyny

boutons_deux
10-16-2014, 12:29 PM
Seriously, I don't get the angle here. There's no institutional barrier to creating women-focused game content. If women want "feminist" video games, they can create content. If they're unhappy with the "misogynistic trope" in video games, then create a counter-narrative.

But I get the sense that the "feminist" demand is to censor/alter games as they exist now to promote an ideology they want. And that ain't right.

who said women want "feminist" video games (feminist implying, in right-wing mouths, feminazi)?

they want games that don't rape, kill, objectify, beat up women, iow, no different from what they want in Real Life.

vy65
10-16-2014, 12:30 PM
who said women want "feminist" video games (feminist implying, in right-wing mouths, feminazi)?

they want games that don't rape, kill, objectify, beat up women, iow, no different from what they want in Real Life.

Crofl didn't even read the story in the op ...
Crofl "bitch slap"

Chomag
10-16-2014, 12:38 PM
Dont want to play a sandwich making simulator just want to shoot shit. im kidding! People are just way to sensitive and should just chill more often. If a feminist wants a game with feminist point of view and value then they should get together and fund to make some.

I have nothing wrong with others personal views but I draw the line when they try to jam it down my throat just because I dont agree with them.

TheSanityAnnex
10-16-2014, 12:41 PM

They got Candy Crush what more do they want

boutons_deux
10-16-2014, 12:51 PM
Dont want to play a sandwich making simulator just want to shoot shit. im kidding! People are just way to sensitive and should just chill more often. If a feminist wants a game with feminist point of view and value then they should get together and fund to make some.

I have nothing wrong with others personal views but I draw the line when they try to jam it down my throat just because I dont agree with them.

who jammin what down your throat?

The problem isn't "too sensitive", the problem is that American civilization is totally de-sensitized to non-stop violence, everywhere, against everything. Violence is the foundation, defininig feature of much of American life, and it starts with "If you aren't mean, macho, violent, bullying, gun fellatin, sonofabitch, you aren't Real Man"

m>s
10-16-2014, 12:54 PM
Violent video games have never been shown to correlate with actually being more likely to commit a violent crime

vy65
10-16-2014, 12:59 PM
The problem isn't "too sensitive", the problem is that American civilization is totally de-sensitized to non-stop violence, everywhere, against everything. Violence is the foundation, defininig feature of much of American life, and it starts with "If you aren't mean, macho, violent, bullying, gun fellatin, sonofabitch, you aren't Real Man"

So what?

baseline bum
10-16-2014, 01:33 PM

Tough shit, I like beating up hookers to get my money back in Grand Theft Auto.

DarrinS
10-16-2014, 01:45 PM

sexist, misogynist version

http://www.vooks.net/img/2014/06/pacman.png

feminist version

https://www.demworks.org/sites/default/files/images/ms%20pac%20man.jpg

baseline bum
10-16-2014, 02:09 PM
sexist, misogynist version

http://www.vooks.net/img/2014/06/pacman.png

feminist version

https://www.demworks.org/sites/default/files/images/ms%20pac%20man.jpg

Feminist version of the game was way better tbh.

angrydude
10-16-2014, 02:30 PM
Feminists (and the left for that matter) are making a strategic mistake by characterizing all gamers, a huge group of people from all backgrounds and all over the world, as white hetero misogynists.

These gamers are going to be more much more skeptical when these same people start insulting others. That's how you lose credibility in your social justice crusades for gay rights, equal pay for women, etc.

DarrinS
10-16-2014, 03:06 PM
Feminist version of the game was way better tbh.

true

boutons_deux
10-16-2014, 03:27 PM
South Carolina: Sorry Your Partner Beats You, Too Bad You Can’t Stand Your Ground

http://img.wonkette.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/suffer-shelley-duvall-590x350.jpg

South Carolina is one of more than 20 states that has passed an expansive Stand Your Ground law authorizing individuals to use deadly force in self-defense […]

In the cases of women who claim they feared for their lives when confronted with violent intimate abusers, prosecutors say the Stand Your Ground law shouldn’t apply.

This issue is in the news because of the case of Whitlee Jones, a South Carolina woman who stabbed her boyfriend, Eric Lee, to death in 2012. The stabbing was preceded by a violent incident in which Lee dragged Jones down the street by her hair and later blocked her exit when she packed her things and tried to leave their apartment. A judge recently granted Jones Stand Your Ground immunity from a murder charge.

The ruling has upset prosecutors, who are appealing it on the theory that the South Carolina legislature intended Stand Your Ground to apply to people in their own homes against outside intruders, but not against a domestic partner who shares the residence. :lol Which is where most domestic violence takes place. Sorry, victims of domestic violence! Try just sucking it up and taking the beating, we guess.

http://wonkette.com/563451/south-carolina-sorry-your-partner-beats-you-too-bad-you-cant-stand-your-ground

red states! :lol

Repug War on Wimmens! :lol

and let's not forget this one:

Florida woman's sentence could be tripled in stand-your-ground retrial

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/mar/02/florida-woman-retrial-sentence-tripled-stand-your-ground

DarrinS
10-16-2014, 05:00 PM
Does boutons hijack every single thread?

boutons_deux
10-16-2014, 06:40 PM
Does boutons hijack every single thread?

hijack? no bitch slap right-wingers, Repugs, gun fellators

m>s
10-16-2014, 06:51 PM
hijack? no bitch slap right-wingers, Repugs, gun fellators
Only in your own mind

HI-FI
10-17-2014, 02:52 AM
:rollin

DeadlyDynasty
10-17-2014, 03:42 AM
murked

Winehole23
10-17-2014, 11:12 AM
But I get the sense that the "feminist" demand is to censor/alter games as they exist now to promote an ideology they want. And that ain't right.how did you come by this impression? can you give an example of what you're talking about?

vy65
10-17-2014, 11:16 AM
how did you come by this impression? can you give an example of what you're talking about?

Sure. There was an article in the OP. You might want to try reading it. It's got some useful information.

Winehole23
10-17-2014, 11:18 AM
I see nothing about censorship there.

Winehole23
10-17-2014, 11:19 AM
Is someone stopping you from playing video games you like?

Winehole23
10-17-2014, 11:20 AM
making video games you like?

Winehole23
10-17-2014, 11:31 AM
tangential: http://www.aljazeera.com/indepth/features/2014/02/gulabi-gang-indias-women-warrriors-201422610320612382.html

angrydude
10-17-2014, 11:58 AM
I see nothing about censorship there.

Censoring games is something the feminists have called for but never got anywhere for obvious reasons.

The censorship in gamergate was going on at the game journalism websites and Reddit.

Winehole23
10-17-2014, 12:01 PM
video games were never censored, but certain websites self-censored? is that the essence of the gripe here?

ChumpDumper
10-17-2014, 12:05 PM
Yeah, what are gamers bitching about here?

angrydude
10-17-2014, 12:11 PM
That the game journalist websites were censoring their users comments when they bitched about Zoey Quinn sleeping with game journalists to get good reviews on her shitty game.

angrydude
10-17-2014, 12:14 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ipcWm4B3EU4

diego
10-18-2014, 06:52 AM
As a "gamer", this whole thing is pathetic and embarrassing.
Am I supposed to be surprised that commercial press for commercial products isn't fair and objective (as if any type of press is)?
If clearly sexualidad, stereotypical representations of women in games are so harmless, why are "gamers" going into full meltdowns because some random women barely associated with the industry/community don't like it? Bunch of insecure, entitled fucking brats. "everyone has to like what I like AND consider it good for everyone or I'm going to have a shit fit waawaaa". Games are supposed to be for fun. People getting psycho over them are just validating the feminist criticisms as far as I'm concerned.

baseline bum
10-18-2014, 07:14 AM
Censoring games is something the feminists have called for but never got anywhere for obvious reasons.

The censorship in gamergate was going on at the game journalism websites and Reddit.

Hot coffee got censored out of all but the early releases of San Andreas thanks to feminist bitching.

dyR3qgw9g1k

Winehole23
10-18-2014, 11:45 AM
the game maker altered its own product in response to public pressure? how is that censorship?

Winehole23
10-18-2014, 11:47 AM
who got hurt by it and how?

Winehole23
10-18-2014, 11:53 AM
If GTA self-censors to conform with prevailing social mores, someone else will pander to the consumers turned off by it.

baseline bum
10-18-2014, 11:55 AM
the game maker altered its own product in response to public pressure? how is that censorship?

Maybe censorship isn't the right word since it wasn't enforced by the government. Maybe appeasement of a group that wasn't going to buy the game anyways. The real censorship in this country is on porn, for example, with Max Hardcore.

Winehole23
10-18-2014, 12:10 PM
in Florida, anyway. I doubt there are more than a handful of states that prosecute obscenity anymore.

Winehole23
10-18-2014, 12:18 PM
so much for the myth of women not being gamers and just out to ruin everyone else's fun:

The stereotype of a "gamer" -- mostly young, mostly nerdy and most definitely male -- has never been further from the truth. In the United States, twice as many adult women play video games as do boys, according to (http://www.theesa.com/facts/pdfs/ESA_EF_2014.pdf) the Entertainment Software Association, the industry's top trade group. Male gamers between ages 10 and 25 represent a sliver of the market, only 15 percent, according to Newzoo, a games research firm.

Yet America's 190 million gamers, 48 percent of whom are women...http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/the-switch/wp/2014/10/17/more-women-play-video-games-than-boys-and-other-surprising-facts-lost-in-the-mess-of-gamergate/

m>s
10-18-2014, 12:28 PM
Women and minorities are also the creators of a lot of these "sexist" and "racist" video games and are taking offense to the sjw crowd always trying to speak for them.

Winehole23
10-18-2014, 12:37 PM
the social justice war you speak of, boiled down, is someone else's free speech. thin skinned?

m>s
10-18-2014, 12:40 PM
And it's my free speech to expose their agenda and help stop it

Winehole23
10-18-2014, 12:41 PM
the crybabies who feel the proper response to criticism is threats of violence seem to be doing more to chill free speech, per the OP.

baseline bum
10-18-2014, 12:42 PM
in Florida, anyway. I doubt there are more than a handful of states that prosecute obscenity anymore.

Florida? That shit was prosecuted federally.

Winehole23
10-18-2014, 12:47 PM
under Florida community standards. weird.

Winehole23
10-18-2014, 12:51 PM
"More and more we're seeing the government prosecuting in locations that have nothing to do with their case."http://www.tampabay.com/news/courts/criminal/porn-trial-more-than-a-simple-smut-case/565978

Th'Pusher
10-18-2014, 12:56 PM
Gamers are fucking nerds imho.

m>s
10-18-2014, 01:00 PM
the crybabies who feel the proper response to criticism is threats of violence seem to be doing more to chill free speech, per the OP.
She's literally the girl who cried wolf at this point. She claimed she called the police to report a death threat and when anons called the police station there was actually no police report ever filed.

Winehole23
10-18-2014, 01:28 PM
because no police reports were filed does not mean there were no threats made. not sure what your point is here.

m>s
10-18-2014, 01:47 PM
She made up this big elaborate lie about calling the police and them getting involved, problem is it never happened.

vy65
10-18-2014, 01:57 PM
Going off memory, but historically, obscenity laws were state issues because they were criminal. There are federal statutes that deal with obscenity (I.e child porn), but those laws incorporated state standards, which was the old standard under the Miller case.

vy65
10-18-2014, 02:01 PM
The issue here absolutely concerns censorship.There are many brands of censorship beyond the government variety. The criticism of how woman are portrayed in games is made so that the content changes to be more inclusive to women gamers. That's another way of silencing one type of content and substituting in another. When the critique aims at removing "offensive" content and putting in a sanitized substitute, that's censorship.

More to the point, the underlying issue is ridiculous. Games are made for entertainment but they are also a form of expression. If a bunch of Christians got upset at Trent Reznor because the music of Nine Inch Nails is hostile towards Christianity, we'd be quick to brush them off. The issue here is the same -- feminists aren't entitled to have a positive depiction of women advanced in games. If they don't like the content, they should create their own shitty games. But the idea that developers should change how woman are portrayed to accommodate a feminist view is ridiculous.

Clipper Nation
10-18-2014, 02:20 PM
Both sides have been making threats of violence, though....

m>s
10-18-2014, 03:23 PM
Both sides have been making threats of violence, though....
Yes they have, this is how leftists operate. This was sent to someone involved in exposing gamergate..one of many threats that they have received.

http://s9.postimg.org/ye1qxnrpr/image.jpg

Winehole23
10-20-2014, 09:26 AM
If they don't like the content, they should create their own shitty games. But the idea that developers should change how woman are portrayed to accommodate a feminist view is ridiculous.To video game developers, apparently it isn't. Women are nearly half their market.

Anti-feminist gamers and feminist pressure groups are both free to tell developers how to run their business. And they're free to run them as they think best.

vy65
10-20-2014, 09:51 AM
To video game developers, apparently it isn't. Women are nearly half their market.

Non-issue. There's no problem with developers making content to suit that audience.

Anti-feminist gamers and feminist pressure groups are both free to tell developers how to run their business. And they're free to run them as they think best.

Of course their free. And if a developer chooses to put misogynistic/violent content in a game, they shouldn't be castigated.

Winehole23
10-20-2014, 09:53 AM
And if a developer chooses to put misogynistic/violent content in a game, they shouldn't be castigated.why not?

are video game developers/gamers entitled to live in a criticism-free bubble?

vy65
10-20-2014, 09:57 AM
why not?

Because its expression? Because they've made a determination of what the market wants and is delivering it to them.

Why do video games have to have a multicultural bent?

Winehole23
10-20-2014, 10:04 AM
the right to free expression does not preempt someone else right to respond. if some develpers choose to bowdlerize their product in light of public criticism, others will step up with raunchier content.

still don't see the problem here, except that you think someone else's criticism should be stilled.

vy65
10-20-2014, 10:07 AM
the right to free expression does not preempt someone else right to respond.

I'd agree if it stopped with this. But it doesn't. The demand is to change content. That crosses the line into censorship.

if some develpers choose to bowdlerize their product in light of public criticism, others will step up with raunchier content.

Says who? This is rank speculation

still don't see the problem here, except that you think someone else's criticism should be stilled.

Silencing free expression because someone disagrees with its content is my problem. I don't see how that's unclear to you.

Winehole23
10-20-2014, 10:12 AM
I'd agree if it stopped with this. But it doesn't. The demand is to change content. That crosses the line into censorship.No, it doesn't. Developers are free to take the advice of pressure groups or to ignore it.

Silencing free expression because someone disagrees with its content is my problem. I don't see how that's unclear to you.Who got silenced? Are we less free to consume mysogynistic expression than before?

vy65
10-20-2014, 10:18 AM
No, it doesn't. Developers are free to take the advice of pressure groups or to ignore them.

Sure it does. That content would no longer be in the games.

But more to the point, the idea that the content of expression should be eliminated because you don't like it is problematic. You'd have no problem with a band changing its message because a group found it objectionable. That's fucked.

You're putting the onus on developers - which have a part to play. But so do the groups who are calling for censorship.

Who got silenced? Are we less free to consume mysogynistic expression than before?

Yes, if the content changes.

Winehole23
10-20-2014, 10:19 AM
GTA had the opportunity to stick up for gamers, but decided to conform to social propriety.

You should blame them, too, but it seems all your scorn is reserved for shrill feminists and none for for the craven developers who bow and scrape to them.

vy65
10-20-2014, 10:21 AM
GTA had the opportunity to stick up for gamers, but decided to conform to social propriety.

You should blame them, too, but it seems all your scorn is reserved for shrill feminists and none for for the craven developers who bow and scrape to them.

No, I blame them for caving in too. Don't be quick with your assumptions about what I think.

Winehole23
10-20-2014, 10:21 AM
Sure it does. That content would no longer be in the games.Bullshit. If a maker changes its product to suit the market or its business plan, that isn't censorship, it's rational self-interest.

vy65
10-20-2014, 10:22 AM
Bullshit. If a maker changes its product to suit the market or its business plan, that isn't censorship, it's rational self-interest.

Neutering content because you don't like the message, whether dressed up as a cultural critique or a business plan, does not lessen the censoring effect.

Winehole23
10-20-2014, 10:25 AM
the developers, not the critics, neutered the content under pressure of social disapprobation.

you'd silence the social disapprobation (free expression) because you don't like the result.

vy65
10-20-2014, 10:30 AM
the developers, not the critics, neutered the content under pressure of social disapprobation.

But for the social criticism, the content would not have been altered. Both are to blame.

you'd silence the social disapprobation (free expression) because you don't like the result.

And you'd silence/censor the misogynistic/violent content of video games by dressing it up as a business decision and blaming the developers only.

Video games have a long history of being violent, crude, and offensive. Taking issue with that is like taking issue with Nine Inch Nails for promoting self-destructive tendencies. I'd have more sympathy for the critics claims if they had chosen a better forum to air them.

vy65
10-20-2014, 10:33 AM

Actually, no. I think they should be free to say whatever the fuck they want. I don't think their criticism has any merit to it, and I don't think developers should act on their concerns. But they're free to complain all they want.

Winehole23
10-20-2014, 10:38 AM
so are you, but the that idea that social disapproval is equivalent to official viewpoint discriminatrion is simply wrong. no one has compelled the developers to do anything.

vy65
10-20-2014, 10:38 AM
And they're also free to develop their own content. That's a problematic fact for you WH -- they can make content their own content to cater to their multicural vision. But that's not where this stops because they also want to eliminate content they find objectionable.

baseline bum
10-20-2014, 10:39 AM
The crying over the GTA games from feminists and minorities is hilarious. Like when that Haitian group sued Rockstar, Microsoft, Sony, Wal-Mart, Best Buy, etc to get the game banned because there was a mission where you're working for a Cuban gang where they say to "kill all the Haitians" referring to the rival Haitian gang. I think it's funny all the butthurt from the Haitians for Vice City and the feminists for San Andreas and yet there was no complaint about GTA V, which was way worse considering there is a mission on the game where you go on a mass murder spree at any army base when one soldier makes fun of your character for being Canadian.

vy65
10-20-2014, 10:40 AM
so are you, but the that idea that social disapproval is equivalent to official viewpoint discriminatrion is simply wrong. no one has compelled the developers to do anything.

So am I what? And we're not talking about governmental infringements on first amendment protections, so I don't know what viewpoint discrimination has to do with anything. I think the analogy would be to content discrimination (violent/misogynistic content is being removed -- its not an exclusion of one view of an issue which would be viewpoint discrimination) anyway.

vy65
10-20-2014, 10:40 AM
titties

Winehole23
10-20-2014, 10:43 AM
And they're also free to develop their own content. That's a problematic fact for you WH -- they can make content their own content to cater to their multicural vision. But that's not where this stops because they also want to eliminate content they find objectionable.I find that tedious -- but no more than tedious. Even if in your wildest dystopian fantasies feminists somehow succeeded in getting all the makers to kowtow to change all their games, gamers would still be free -- just like the people who criticize them -- to develop their own content, correct?

baseline bum
10-20-2014, 10:43 AM
The crying over the GTA games from feminists and minorities is hilarious. Like when that Haitian group sued Rockstar, Microsoft, Sony, Wal-Mart, Best Buy, etc to get the game banned because there was a mission where you're working for a Cuban gang where they say to "kill all the Haitians" referring to the rival Haitian gang. I think it's funny all the butthurt from the Haitians for Vice City and the feminists for San Andreas and yet there was no complaint about GTA V, which was way worse considering there is a mission on the game where you go on a mass murder spree at any army base when one soldier makes fun of your character for being Canadian.

:cry But it says "neutralize" instead of "kill" :cry

LvybREam2Uw

baseline bum
10-20-2014, 10:45 AM
I find that tedious -- but no more than tedious. Even if in your wildest dystopian fantasies feminists somehow succeeded in getting all the makers to kowtow to change all their games, gamers would still be free -- just like the people who criticize them -- to develop their own content, correct?

LOL @ gamers being able to make their own multimillion dollar games that take 5-7 years to develop.

vy65
10-20-2014, 10:46 AM
I find that tedious -- but no more than tedious. Even if in your wildest dystopian fantasies feminists somehow succeeded in getting all the makers to kowtow to change all their games, gamers would still be free -- just like the people who criticize them -- to develop their own content, correct?

You find what tedious?

You just answered your own hypothetical - they wouldn't be free in the matriarchal dystopia because the content the feminists find objectionable would be silenced, hook, line and sinker. They want that content gone -- what about this are you not getting?

Winehole23
10-20-2014, 10:46 AM
So am I what? And we're not talking about governmental infringements on first amendment protections, so I don't know what viewpoint discrimination has to do with anything. I think the analogy would be to content discrimination(violent/misogynistic content is being removed -- its not an exclusion of one view of an issue which would be viewpoint discrimination) anyway.that there is no legal/political force involved makes it *not censorship*

Winehole23
10-20-2014, 10:47 AM
LOL @ gamers being able to make their own multimillion dollar games that take 5-7 years to develop.just as ridiculous as vy65's suggestion that feminists "make their own games." that's where i got the idea.

vy65
10-20-2014, 10:47 AM
:cry But it says "neutralize" instead of "kill" :cry

LvybREam2Uw

crofl

vy65
10-20-2014, 10:48 AM
just as ridiculous as vy65's suggestion that feminists "make their own games." that's where i got the idea.

Except that they (the feminists) already are. This whole issue flared up over coverage of a feminist developers' game.

baseline bum
10-20-2014, 10:51 AM
crofl

:lol Trevor: This is why we don't win wars anymore

vy65
10-20-2014, 10:52 AM
:lol Trevor: This is why we don't win wars anymore

Never was a big GTA fan, but methinks I should look into this.

Winehole23
10-20-2014, 10:53 AM
the notion that gamers are or will soon be bereft of mysogynistic gratification in video games is frankly laughable. the critics won't get their way 100%, makers that don't kowtow will get "cred" from gamers and there will be new business opportunities for game developers eager to continue making money off them.

vy65
10-20-2014, 10:56 AM
^ More rank, and irrelevant, speculation

baseline bum
10-20-2014, 10:57 AM
Never was a big GTA fan, but methinks I should look into this.

Can't go wrong with a game where you get to go Virginia Tech against a bunch of hipsters tbh

Ujm1MjCobCc

vy65
10-20-2014, 11:02 AM
crofl "is this counter cultural enough for ya"

Winehole23
10-20-2014, 12:54 PM
^ More rank, and irrelevant, speculationmuch like the putative extirpation of sexism in video games: mostly rumored.

vy65
10-20-2014, 01:15 PM
much like the putative extirpation of sexism in video games: mostly rumored.

The demand for censorship and the ensuing censorship are both problems for me. You've only focused on the results, and use that to excuse multicultural fascism. So per for the par.

Winehole23
10-20-2014, 01:18 PM
what censorship? you've totally begged the question.

there's is no First amendment issue. who got deprived?

Winehole23
10-20-2014, 01:20 PM
companies consensually responded to public pressure.

that may be craven. that may be contemptible. but that isn't censorship.

vy65
what censorship? you've totally begged the question.

there's is no First amendment issue. who got deprived?

The issue here absolutely concerns censorship.There are many brands of censorship beyond the government variety. The criticism of how woman are portrayed in games is made so that the content changes to be more inclusive to women gamers. That's another way of silencing one type of content and substituting in another. When the critique aims at removing "offensive" content and putting in a sanitized substitute, that's censorship.

More to the point, the underlying issue is ridiculous. Games are made for entertainment but they are also a form of expression. If a bunch of Christians got upset at Trent Reznor because the music of Nine Inch Nails is hostile towards Christianity, we'd be quick to brush them off. The issue here is the same -- feminists aren't entitled to have a positive depiction of women advanced in games. If they don't like the content, they should create their own shitty games. But the idea that developers should change how woman are portrayed to accommodate a feminist view is ridiculous.

vy65
companies consensually responded to public pressure.

that may be craven. that may be contemptible. but that isn't censorship.

Disagree. But if you want to quibble over the semantics of the word "censorship" go right on ahead.

Winehole23
10-20-2014, 01:22 PM
your birthright to consume violent, sexist video games, if anything, has been only incidentally impinged.

vy65
10-20-2014, 01:24 PM
your birthright to consume violent, sexist video games, if anything, has been only incidentally impinged.

And your proclivity for neo-liberal, multicultural fascism has been fully indulged. What's your point?

Winehole23
10-20-2014, 01:28 PM
your whining, grates.

Winehole23
10-20-2014, 01:29 PM
the loser mentality seems to be strongly inculcated here. gamers think they already lost.

ChumpDumper
10-20-2014, 01:35 PM
Developers self edit all the time after judging the potential reaction from the market.

Now they know pretty explicitly how part of that market feels.

What's the problem again?

Winehole23
10-20-2014, 01:37 PM
And your proclivity for neo-liberal, multicultural fascism has been fully indulged. What's your point?there you go again with the vapid pejoratives. it isn't fascism when companies bow to perceived social proprieties.

Winehole23
10-20-2014, 01:40 PM
(I suppose you have your own, idiosyncratic definition for fascism, too ...)

boutons_deux
10-20-2014, 01:55 PM
there you go again with the vapid pejoratives. it isn't fascism when companies bow to perceived social proprieties.

if women are 48% of the gaming market, and they bitch about misogyny in games, then cutting the game misogyny is business sense, not fascism, not censoring, just $$$, the ONLY American value.

will the 48% boycott the misogynist games?

Winehole23
10-20-2014, 02:15 PM
when a woman bitches and gets her way, it's censorship and fascism, but when I do, it's free expression.

vy65
10-20-2014, 02:33 PM
when a woman bitches and gets her way, it's censorship and fascism, but when I do, it's free expression.

Sure it is. Your gloss =|= the reality of the situation.

there you go again with the vapid pejoratives. it isn't fascism when companies bow to perceived social proprieties.

Lol social proprities. If silencing speech that you don't like because you find it offensive isn't fascism, I don't know what is. You don't want to engage this point though -- you seem much more content to play games with words.

vy65
10-20-2014, 02:34 PM
If there really is such a great amount of women gamers who find such content offensive, why are they buying the games? Why don't they boycott and let the companies adjust on their own? Why does it have to extend to removing that content out of the market place?

Winehole23
10-20-2014, 02:35 PM
among all the threats to free expression and liberty, you emphasize the threat that game developers will spare the misogynistic violence in future games.

surely you can get it elsewhere, if you care so much. what injury has been suffered here?

who has been deprived of rights, and what rights have they been deprived of?

Winehole23
10-20-2014, 02:36 PM
be as specific as your can. so far you're all hot air.

vy65
10-20-2014, 02:37 PM
among all the threats to free expression and liberty, you emphasize the threat that game developers will spare the misogynistic violence in future games.

It's a topical issue. Where did I ever say that the first amendment implications are great?

surely you can get it elsewhere, if you care so much. what injury has been suffered here?

Surely I can get what where?

who has been deprived of rights, and what rights have they been deprived of?

I never put this in terms of rights; that's your gloss, not mine. You'll have to rephrase this question.

vy65
10-20-2014, 02:37 PM
be as specific as your can. so far you're all hot air.

crofl

Winehole23
10-20-2014, 02:42 PM
lol @ the so-called demise of your putatively heteronormative subculture.

vy65
10-20-2014, 02:45 PM
Parting shots!

Winehole23
10-20-2014, 02:46 PM
lol @ taking up cudgels against vile, feminist oppressors over your hurt feelings about corporate sensitivity to customers.

vy65
10-20-2014, 02:49 PM
Why are you so ass hurt about this? Resorting to lame, ironic jabs was never your style.

Winehole23
10-20-2014, 02:50 PM
hurt? far from it.

you continue to amuse.

vy65
10-20-2014, 02:52 PM
If I provide you with amusement, I'd suggest getting out more. Maybe go down to a gamestop and pick up a FPS or something?

Winehole23
10-20-2014, 02:53 PM
your solemnity is comical.

Winehole23
10-20-2014, 02:56 PM
and hey, maybe you got something better to do than continuing to make yourself look silly here.

vy65
10-20-2014, 02:59 PM
Zing!

Winehole23
10-20-2014, 05:14 PM
no one has been hurt. no one has been silenced.

there's no censorship here, just you pissing your pants over multicultural oppression (read: criticism) of gamers.

diego
10-21-2014, 08:23 AM
Why does it have to extend to removing that content out of the market place?
Show just one example of this happening. Hot coffee doesn't count, it was hidden content that only became available by modifying the game, Rockstar purposely removed it before the game was released.

And you know what? Bands get criticized all the time. Funny enough I don't remember Trent Reznor crying and whining because some people don't like what he says. And :lol at comparing ridiculous titties in games to atheist lyrics. Way to take a stand for what's important

vy65
10-21-2014, 09:57 AM
Show just one example of this happening. Hot coffee doesn't count, it was hidden content that only became available by modifying the game, Rockstar purposely removed it before the game was released.

Lol why isn't this an example? It was content that was removed because of a public backlash. What difference does it make if it was a mod or hidden? It's still content, isn't it?

And you know what? Bands get criticized all the time. Funny enough I don't remember Trent Reznor crying and whining because some people don't like what he says. And :lol at comparing ridiculous titties in games to atheist lyrics. Way to take a stand for what's important

You're proving my point - they get criticized but they don't alter their content. Try again.

angrydude
10-21-2014, 10:12 AM
no one has been hurt. no one has been silenced.

there's no censorship here, just you pissing your pants over multicultural oppression (read: criticism) of gamers.

They tried and failed to silence people who were pushing back against an organized media effort to push an agenda. Then those people got even more pissed. That's the story.

Winehole23
10-21-2014, 10:16 AM
no one hurt, no silenced. just like I said.

Winehole23
10-21-2014, 10:16 AM
it's a routine media-driven furore, nothing more.

diego
10-21-2014, 11:05 AM
Lol why isn't this an example? It was content that was removed because of a public backlash. What difference does it make if it was a mod or hidden? It's still content, isn't it?

You're proving my point - they get criticized but they don't alter their content. Try again.
the hot coffee content was cut by rockstar BEFORE RELEASE because they wanted an M rating, and when the mod came out (that violated the EULA of the game) and they got reclassified to AO, rockstar completely removed it to keep the M rating THEY wanted. the lawsuits were all dismissed citing 1st amendment rights. no censorship happened, and rockstar only had to make changes BECAUSE PLAYERS HACKED THEIR GAME. no hot coffee mod, no changes.

and no, you're proving my point. no one has altered their content because of a court order or even media pressure, and instead of brushing off the criticism you are crying like a little bitch because someone doesnt like what you like, oh noes! the fascists! grow up

baseline bum
10-21-2014, 11:14 AM
It's hard to even call Hot Coffee a mod. You basically opened up your executable in a hex editor and changed a single byte to turn a flag on/off that activated it. It was more like an easter egg.

Winehole23
02-12-2015, 09:45 AM
She made up this big elaborate lie about calling the police and them getting involved, problem is it never happened.It happened.

This did too. More brave gamers standing up against feminist oppression:

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=240047&page=3&highlight=gamergate

baseline bum
02-12-2015, 11:23 AM
So Turkey was right all along?

m>s
02-12-2015, 11:11 PM
It happened.

This did too. More brave gamers standing up against feminist oppression:

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=240047&page=3&highlight=gamergate

it didn't, gamergaters were literally calling the police station and asking and they straight up said no

Th'Pusher
02-12-2015, 11:15 PM
Passive aggressive Armenian pity party tbh.

Winehole23
02-15-2015, 04:00 AM
it didn't, gamergaters were literally calling the police station and asking and they straight up said noyou should give up while you're behind. poor gamergaters.

Winehole23
02-15-2015, 04:07 AM

m>s
02-16-2015, 01:43 AM
Ehhh fuck off kike.

she claimed to be harassed and sent death threats so she went to the cops and filed a report. The police dept straight up said no such report was ever filed. She makes her living peddling division and filth and lies.

Winehole23
02-16-2015, 09:37 AM
^^^Nazi thumbsucker

Winehole23
05-15-2015, 06:33 PM
http://www.themarysue.com/mra-to-the-max/

RandomGuy
07-01-2015, 04:28 PM

Soooooo what does her being an "armenian" have to do with anything? I'm confused.

vy65
07-01-2015, 04:40 PM
Soooooo what does her being an "armenian" have to do with anything? I'm confused.

It's a well known fact Armenians are fucking whiny, weak people. We should finish what Turkey started.

FuzzyLumpkins
07-01-2015, 05:03 PM
It's a well known fact Armenians are fucking whiny, weak people. We should finish what Turkey started.

Armenians are the the Ottoman's former brothers. The Ottomans were descendants of Constantine's men who had converted to Islam after the fall of Rome. Armenians were the Christians who had settled in the near east. Christians are outnumbered between the turks kurds arabs and persians. It's convert or die shit.

LnGrrrR
07-02-2015, 03:58 AM
I thought the thread title was amusing.

RandomGuy
07-21-2015, 08:57 PM

Graduating from starving kids to death because of what their parents did, to advocating genocide.

Stay classy.

vy65
07-21-2015, 10:05 PM
Try harder

Winehole23
07-23-2015, 08:52 AM
Soooooo what does her being an "armenian" have to do with anything? I'm confused.Anita Sarkeesian

RandomGuy
07-24-2015, 02:34 PM
Anita Sarkeesian

? Don't recognize the name off the top of my head.

(googles)

OOOOOH. That person.

Got. NM.

Winehole23
07-31-2015, 01:46 PM
Max Fisher on mob justice and Cecil the lion:

We as a society deemed campaigns such as Gamergate unacceptable and rejected their proponents as harassers who crossed the line. But because we all agree that we dislike Palmer, the campaign against him has so far been deemed acceptable, even funny or laudable.http://www.vox.com/2015/7/30/9074865/cecil-lion-palmer-mob-justice

boutons_deux
07-31-2015, 02:00 PM
Max Fisher on mob justice and Cecil the lion:

http://www.vox.com/2015/7/30/9074865/cecil-lion-palmer-mob-justice

what did the victims of gamergate do that compares with illegal big game hunting?

Winehole23
07-31-2015, 02:59 PM
it's what the Gamergaters did to their feminist critics that resembles what's happening to the MN dentist. death threats, continual harassment, etc..

Winehole23
07-31-2015, 03:01 PM
guess you didn't read the link

Winehole23
07-31-2015, 03:02 PM
prefer spoonfeeding to reading and thinking for yourself?

FuzzyLumpkins
07-31-2015, 03:58 PM
it's what the Gamergaters did to their feminist critics that resembles what's happening to the MN dentist. death threats, continual harassment, etc..

At least the dentist is an actual criminal. The people that took them have already been arrested. I get what you are saying about the mob mentality but it's a bit apples and oranges. It also speaks to the privilege of elites. $55k has been a rallying cry.

Gamergate always struck me as boys and men picking the fight instinct when threatened and lacking empathy while having more than a little bit of the impunity of privilege. Boys will be boys after all.

TheSanityAnnex
07-31-2015, 04:18 PM
At least the dentist is an actual criminal. The people that took them have already been arrested. I get what you are saying about the mob mentality but it's a bit apples and oranges. It also speaks to the privilege of elites. $55k has been a rallying cry.

Gamergate always struck me as boys and men picking the fight instinct when threatened and lacking empathy while having more than a little bit of the impunity of privilege. Boys will be boys after all.

Winehole23 can you quote me so the ignoring coward can answer this.

How can the dentist be a criminal when Zimbabwe has not charged him with a crime?

vy65
07-31-2015, 05:10 PM

How can the dentist be a criminal when Zimbabwe has not charged him with a crime?

TheSanityAnnex
07-31-2015, 05:40 PM
Thanks vy. I might have to make some new accounts and start quoting all the "ignored" members so Fuzzy's ignore feature is rendered useless

boutons_deux
07-31-2015, 07:29 PM

:lol

Zimbabwe calls for dentist to be extradited over Cecil the lion: Is US likely to cooperate?

http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/USA-Update/2015/0731/Zimbabwe-calls-for-dentist-to-be-extradited-over-Cecil-the-lion-Is-US-likely-to-cooperate

TheSanityAnnex
07-31-2015, 07:39 PM

Zimbabwe calls for dentist to be extradited over Cecil the lion: Is US likely to cooperate?

http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/USA-Update/2015/0731/Zimbabwe-calls-for-dentist-to-be-extradited-over-Cecil-the-lion-Is-US-likely-to-cooperate

there are literally hundreds of articles saying the same thing you didn't think I happened to read one of those? Again, what crime would the dentist be expedited over? You don't find it strange that in these hundred plus articles there is not a single mention of him being charged with a crime? His tour guides have already been charged with crimes, he has not been charged with a crime.

apalisoc_9
07-31-2015, 08:03 PM
The dentist has a small penis like most entitled white Americans. Same peeps as thesanityannex tbh.

That said, why is everyone treating the guy a criminal? Dude hasn't done anything illegal.

He's just another ignorant white guy who thinks by killing lions he is doing the lions favour.

TheSanityAnnex
07-31-2015, 08:10 PM
The dentist has a small penis like most entitled white Americans. Same peeps as thesanityannex tbh.

That said, why is everyone treating the guy a criminal? Dude hasn't done anything illegal.

He's just another ignorant white guy who thinks by killing lions he is doing the lions favour.
Carryover butthurt from the burning Palestinian baby thread. Lol what thin skinned faggot you are.

apalisoc_9
07-31-2015, 08:11 PM
holy shit thesanityannex is parading the death of an 18 month old baby...Sad.

angrydude
07-31-2015, 08:12 PM
I am economically illiterate.

angrydude
07-31-2015, 08:13 PM
I like how the guy in that article defines society as social justice warriors.

We as a society deemed campaigns such as Gamergate unacceptable and rejected their proponents as harassers who crossed the line. But because we all agree that we dislike Palmer, the campaign against him has so far been deemed acceptable, even funny or laudable.

TheSanityAnnex
07-31-2015, 08:17 PM
holy shit thesanityannex is parading the death of an 18 month old baby...Sad.

That story is tragic. I'm laughing at the feels you caught because of my one comment in that thread that the "news" covered it.

Winehole23
08-01-2015, 02:01 AM

How can the dentist be a criminal when Zimbabwe has not charged him with a crime?Never said he was. Is Anita Sarkeesian a criminal?

Winehole23
08-01-2015, 08:25 AM
jeez, you guys are as bad as boutons. don't y'all read anything?

TheSanityAnnex
08-01-2015, 10:51 AM
Never said he was. Is Anita Sarkeesian a criminal?
Sorry for the confusion wine question was not directed at you. I asked for you to quote me because fuzzy has me on ignore and I needed to ensure he saw my question in your quote.

TheSanityAnnex
08-01-2015, 10:53 AM

I see you've already been here since your waking hours internetting furiously, any luck finding the crime the dentist has been charged with?

Winehole23
10-29-2022, 11:11 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FgOgJi_agAEiGix?format=png&name=medium

Winehole23
10-29-2022, 03:03 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FgNPVPzXgAA0slv?format=jpg&name=medium

spurraider21
10-29-2022, 05:40 PM
This whole saga was actually quite funny.

sarkeesian says there is a lot of misogyny in gaming (with some misguided early takes imo) and the overwhelming response by the gaming community was rampant misogyny

if the gamers just shut up and let her whine about how mean Batman games were because Batman’s character walks one way and catwoman walks another way she would have just been noise that wouldn’t have been taken seriously at all. Instead they made a martyr out of her and justified her complaints post hoc

Winehole23
11-14-2023, 10:52 PM

Thread
11-14-2023, 11:08 PM

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSDElsSRJK7LSDxMX-c3wth6fSidThxLy2Y7v0_Bu8ZS_siaWjzA1x7jrpx5Q&s