PDA

View Full Version : Air purifiers and such

cantthinkofanything
10-16-2014, 11:03 AM
Anyone use one of these things? Since we moved out to the country, we have tons of dust and dirt being brought in. There are several air purifies/ionizers that claim they do a good job pulling dust from the air. Do they???

SnakeBoy
10-16-2014, 11:34 AM
I use a whirpool 510 in the bedroom for allergies. It helps for that but living in the country and having 3 dogs I don't see much reduction in dust. Probably need to put them all over the house for that.

cantthinkofanything
10-16-2014, 12:25 PM
I use a whirpool 510 in the bedroom for allergies. It helps for that but living in the country and having 3 dogs I don't see much reduction in dust. Probably need to put them all over the house for that.

That's exactly the model I just ordered. I'm going to put it in living room which is where most of the dust seems to be. Even if it doesn't do the dust, we could use the allergy benefits.
You're happy with the Whirlpool?

SnakeBoy
10-16-2014, 01:49 PM
That's exactly the model I just ordered. I'm going to put it in living room which is where most of the dust seems to be. Even if it doesn't do the dust, we could use the allergy benefits.
You're happy with the Whirlpool?

Yeah it's pretty quiet. I've had it running on the highest setting 24/7 for a year or more with no problems. And replacement filters aren't too expensive, some of the other brands really bend you over on the replacement filters.

cantthinkofanything
10-16-2014, 01:58 PM
Yeah it's pretty quiet. I've had it running on the highest setting 24/7 for a year or more with no problems. And replacement filters aren't too expensive, some of the other brands really bend you over on the replacement filters.

on average, how often do you replace filters? and how do you know when to replace?

SnakeBoy
10-16-2014, 02:50 PM
Hepa once a year, prefilter every 4 months or so. It has lights to tell you when to replace.

cantthinkofanything
10-16-2014, 03:45 PM
Hepa once a year, prefilter every 4 months or so. It has lights to tell you when to replace.

thanks. I shoulda axed first. But feel good about the purchase. Had some of the best reviews for any of the systems and seemed one of the best priced at that.

SnakeBoy
10-16-2014, 03:54 PM
You picked the right one. I had some less expensive ones in the past and they didn't last long. The more expensive ones aren't worth the money imo.

Insomniac
10-17-2014, 05:10 AM
Why not just buy surgical masks in bulk?