PDA

View Full Version : Notre Dame

Avante
10-16-2014, 11:35 AM
There is no school more important to college football than ND, the media loves them. What school can compare with Knute Rockne, The Four Horsemen, win one for the Gipper, Paul Hornung, Touchdown Jesus, The Golden Dome? The media loves that stuff, gobbles it up.

So if there is anyway at all to put them in the final 4 they will be there. Like Stanford we do have to give the school some props because unlike FSU/SEC and others they can't recruit just anyone. And yes Paul Hornung nailed it when he talked about the school being unable to land all that Florida/Texas speed because of academics.

So the media will be hoping like hell that the Irish beat FSU. They love it when ND is in the mix, love it.

But....that difference in team speed will be why FSU wins the game.

Blake
10-16-2014, 01:55 PM
Someone pink this asshole

Avante
10-16-2014, 02:02 PM

What is your fucking problem guy? I'm not the idiot trying to talk lowly Texas Tech. A team nobody gives a shit about but you. Go bug somebody else ya little freak....sheesh!

Is this little shit simply retarded?

Blake, talk football, stop bugging the grown ups, ok asshole?

NFO
10-16-2014, 05:32 PM
Just remember the last time FSU lost a game Manti Teo's GF was still believed to be alive.

Silver&Black
10-16-2014, 06:14 PM
Just remember the last time FSU lost a game Manti Teo's GF was still believed to be alive.

:lmao

Pelicans78
10-16-2014, 07:50 PM

:lol

DMX7
10-16-2014, 08:37 PM

She will be missed.

Avante
10-17-2014, 01:40 AM

I don't see FSU losing the game.

Avante
10-17-2014, 03:00 AM
I wonder how much pressure is being put on those at FSU to take it easy on Winston for the sake of the football team? I do have no doubts at all that if the school had a bad football team not in the Championship mix that Winston would already be off the team.

NFO
10-17-2014, 07:24 AM
She will be missed.

My ND friends took me to the Stanford game a few weeks back. I set a tea light candle at the tailgate in her honor.

The Reckoning
10-17-2014, 07:38 AM
avante averages over 25 posts per day.

Infinite_limit
10-17-2014, 12:46 PM
I wonder how much pressure is being put on those at FSU to take it easy on Winston for the sake of the football team? I do have no doubts at all that if the school had a bad football team not in the Championship mix that Winston would already be off the team.
If FSU loses Saturday, Winston will probably be suspended at some point

The University does not fully back him at the moment but they are tolerating him in order to Win Championships.

hehateme
10-17-2014, 01:10 PM

The University does not fully back him at the moment but they are tolerating him in order to Win Championships.

This means nothing when they are negated after the fact and abolished. Get rid of him and get Sean in there.

Infinite_limit
10-17-2014, 01:18 PM
This means nothing when they are negated after the fact and abolished. Get rid of him and get Sean in there.
Meh. Banners are just for show and fan shit talk

Florida celebrates their Meyer titles, we bring up all the arrests. Miami cheating is obvious. People still reference those Title winning Trojans.

If Winston wins a 2nd Title and it is later vacated, big deal. We as fans will still celebrate those victories and reference them. I dunno if we beat Louisville with Sean as QB and very unlikely the ACCCG.

Let's ride this out. Until Winston loses on the field, he stays on it.

Avante
10-17-2014, 02:46 PM

If the school is waiting for a loss to do something then they are stuck with Winston, after they beat ND, they will be favored by double digits from there on out.

Pelicans78
10-17-2014, 04:18 PM
Wouldn't surprise me if Notre Dame outscores FSU in this one. Neither defense will have an easy time slowing the other offense down.

The backup for Winston stinks. He looked awful overall against Clemson. His best pass was a wide open receiver downfield.

Silver&Black
10-17-2014, 05:44 PM

It's sad but it's true. Agree with you 100%...as long as FSU has a chance at a championship...Winston will continue to play. Never thought I'd ever say this but....I respect what Mark Richt is doing. He benches his Heisman hopeful RB Gurley for the same exact thing.

Avante
10-17-2014, 06:07 PM
Wouldn't surprise me if Notre Dame outscores FSU in this one. Neither defense will have an easy time slowing the other offense down.

The backup for Winston stinks. He looked awful overall against Clemson. His best pass was a wide open receiver downfield.

If Winston doersn't play then yes ND should win it. If Winston plays, nope!

Pelicans78
10-17-2014, 06:15 PM
It's sad but it's true. Agree with you 100%...as long as FSU has a chance at a championship...Winston will continue to play. Never thought I'd ever say this but....I respect what Mark Richt is doing. He benches his Heisman hopeful RB Gurley for the same exact thing.

Richt has always had a strict policy especially compared to his peers.

DMX7
10-17-2014, 07:40 PM
My ND friends took me to the Stanford game a few weeks back. I set a tea light candle at the tailgate in her honor.

She will be remembered.

Avante
10-17-2014, 08:30 PM
Ok here we go...

FSU 27 ND 23

DMX7
10-18-2014, 11:23 AM
Of course Florida State is going to win.

Blake
10-18-2014, 01:10 PM
Ok here we go...

FSU 27 ND 23

Wow what a limb.

Someone please pink this fucker.

Avante
10-18-2014, 01:58 PM
Wow what a limb.

Someone please pink this fucker.

You should be pinked for...

Texas Tech by two TD'S, hhahahaha!!!!!!!!

Avante
10-18-2014, 05:32 PM
While watching the game tonight I'm betting we hear about some of that ND tradition. Something FSU really doesn't have.

Avante
10-19-2014, 09:42 AM
If ND wins out I don't see this loss hurting them at all. There is little doubt if the game had been played in South Bend or at a neutral site they win it.

Not saying beating both ASU/USC on the road is a done deal, they could lose one of those, but if they don't they belong in the final 4.

Blake
10-19-2014, 10:56 AM
You should be pinked for...

Texas Tech by two TD'S, hhahahaha!!!!!!!!

you're again lying that I said they would do that

Someone pink this old fart.

Avante
10-19-2014, 11:08 AM
you're again lying that I said they would do that

Someone pink this old fart.

What are you really saying here then?

The spread is WV -6.....in Lubbock. I can see Tech winning by two TDs.

Let's talk some more about Nick Chubb ok shorty? What is his average per carry again, hahahaha!!!!!!!!!!

Blake
10-19-2014, 11:47 AM
What are you really saying here then?

The spread is WV -6.....in Lubbock. I can see Tech winning by two TDs.

so you don't understand how the word "can" is used.

Keep laughing, retard.

Avante
10-19-2014, 01:48 PM
so you don't understand how the word "can" is used.

Keep laughing, retard.

So you are saying you didn't think TT could win by two TD's, hahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!

Dude, you made it real real obvious you thought TT would win by two TD's, ok? Cool the bullshit.

Poor little guy.

Blake
10-19-2014, 06:54 PM
So you are saying you didn't think TT could win by two TD's, hahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!

Dude, you made it real real obvious you thought TT would win by two TD's, ok? Cool the bullshit.

Poor little guy.

your problems with the difference between would and could aren't my problems.

Somebody pink this fat ass

Avante
10-19-2014, 07:13 PM
your problems with the difference between would and could aren't my problems.

Somebody pink this fat ass

Dude, come on man, you thought TT would win by two td's, so stop the bullshit, ok? You said they would.

Blake
10-20-2014, 09:21 AM
You're an illiterate retard.

The pink is coming.

Avante
10-20-2014, 12:19 PM
You're an illiterate retard.

The pink is coming.

So you follow illiterate retards around everywhere they go..constantly? Dude, hahaha!!!!!!!!!!

Texas Tech will win by two TD's, hahhahahaha!!!!!!!!!

Blake
10-20-2014, 12:21 PM
So you follow illiterate retards around everywhere they go..constantly? Dude, hahaha!!!!!!!!!!

Texas Tech will win by two TD's, hahhahahaha!!!!!!!!!

Both of those statements are false because you're an illiterate retard.

The pink is coming.

Avante
10-20-2014, 12:36 PM
Both of those statements are false because you're an illiterate retard.

The pink is coming.

Are you really that far gone little man? Wow!

Dude, stop following me around and I'll pink myself. Why can't you do that? Yep.....you follow me around. So you lied.

Speaking of being a liar, you made it very clear you thought TT would win by two TD's, you said so.

What is wrong with this little freak?

Avante
10-20-2014, 04:27 PM
Can't recall a game where the loser actually won the game like we are seeing with this game. Everyone is...ND is the better team. Yep, me also.

Avante
10-26-2014, 01:29 AM
I think we're going to see this Tuesday night.

MSU
FSU
ND
Bama

As the top 4 teams. No doubt everyone in the committee is happy Ole Miss lost. There is no one loss team with a more impressive loss than ND.

Now the committee will be hopeing Bama loses to MSU, they don't want two SEC teams there.

Avante
10-26-2014, 10:12 AM
Bama, ND, FSU, MSU, Auburn, Ohio State, TCU...all with black QB's.

Infinite_limit
10-26-2014, 02:14 PM
Bama, ND, FSU, MSU, Auburn, Ohio State, TCU...all with black QB's.
Yup. Which means more Black QBs in the NFL. Further evidence of the decline of play in the NFL

Oregon will find it's way into the Playoff

Avante
10-27-2014, 12:38 AM
Yup. Which means more Black QBs in the NFL. Further evidence of the decline of play in the NFL

Oregon will find it's way into the Playoff

White running backs would be a decline in the NFL.

Infinite_limit
10-27-2014, 12:48 AM
White running backs would be a decline in the NFL.
The dumber the Running Back, the more productive. You need a guy to bash his brains into a wall repeatedly.

Avante
10-27-2014, 12:51 AM
The dumber the Running Back, the more productive. You need a guy to bash his brains into a wall repeatedly.

You really this stupid?

Infinite_limit
10-27-2014, 12:53 AM
You really this stupid?
The smarter running backs dance too much behind the line searching for the perfect spot and eventually realize their livelihoods are more important than getting an extra yard

Avante
10-27-2014, 01:13 AM
The smarter running backs dance too much behind the line searching for the perfect spot and eventually realize their livelihoods are more important than getting an extra yard

You ask any running back..."so what are you thinking out there".....they will tell me..."I 'm not, I have no idea what I;m doing".....I was a running back, it's all about instincts, no way in hell you have time to weigh all your options, hahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!

Obviously you know nothing at all about this.

Pelicans78
10-27-2014, 01:30 AM
I think we're going to see this Tuesday night.

MSU
FSU
ND
Bama

As the top 4 teams. No doubt everyone in the committee is happy Ole Miss lost. There is no one loss team with a more impressive loss than ND.

Now the committee will be hopeing Bama loses to MSU, they don't want two SEC teams there.

The problem with Notre Dame is they have no quality wins so far. A 5-3 Stanford is their best win while Ole Miss has beaten Alabama. LSU looked bad earlier in the season, but they're a young team who will end up with 9-10 wins this season. Not that bad of a loss. Hopefully Notre Dame and FSU can get a loss before the end of the season because neither team is championship material.

Avante
10-27-2014, 01:52 AM
The problem with Notre Dame is they have no quality wins so far. A 5-3 Stanford is their best win while Ole Miss has beaten Alabama. LSU looked bad earlier in the season, but they're a young team who will end up with 9-10 wins this season. Not that bad of a loss. Hopefully Notre Dame and FSU can get a loss before the end of the season because neither team is championship material.

Notre Dame is college football, it's what the sport is all about....TRADITION!!!!!!! The media adores the Fighhting Irish. We all saw them beat FSU, everyone knows they are the better team. So if FSU is there how can ya not have ND? That is their quality win in the minds of most.

I totally agree that neithr FSU/NU are Championship material, FSU is there because they play a weak schedule, ND is there because they are simply....ND.

Pelicans78
10-27-2014, 02:11 AM
Notre Dame is college football, it's what the sport is all about....TRADITION!!!!!!! The media adores the Fighhting Irish. We all saw them beat FSU, everyone knows they are the better team. So if FSU is there how can ya not have ND? That is their quality win in the minds of most.

I totally agree that neithr FSU/NU are Championship material, FSU is there because they play a weak schedule, ND is there because they are simply....ND.

You're changing the topic. I'm talking about on-field performance instead of tradition. The NFL doesn't use tradition to decide the playoffs. They use on-field performance. The NCAA should as well.

Avante
10-27-2014, 09:29 AM
You're changing the topic. I'm talking about on-field performance instead of tradition. The NFL doesn't use tradition to decide the playoffs. They use on-field performance. The NCAA should as well.

Who is talking about the NFL and it doesn't matter what....should...be done. ND out played FSU in a big night game with the nation watching, this is a big deal. These committee members are all well aware of the impact ND makes on college football. If they can sneak the Fighting Irish/Knute Rockne/win one for the Gipper/The Four Horseman/Touchdown Jesus/The Golden Dome....there, they will. And beating FSU a great excuse.

Pelicans78
10-27-2014, 09:43 AM
But they didn't beat FSU. They lost.

Avante
10-27-2014, 11:42 AM
But they didn't beat FSU. They lost.

Come on man, don't play that silliness, anyone who saw that game knows for a fact.....ND wins on at ND/nuetral site/and if they played in FSU the folllwing week ND wins there also. There was no doubt who the better team was, none! And, I took FSU to win, yep....got lucky and know it.

These committee members know the game, how can they have FSU there but the team who kicked them around not there? Who really thinks App State was better than Michigan? If they would have played the following week Mich kills them and everyone knows that.

Pelicans78
10-27-2014, 12:19 PM
Come on man, don't play that silliness, anyone who saw that game knows for a fact.....ND wins on at ND/nuetral site/and if they played in FSU the folllwing week ND wins there also. There was no doubt who the better team was, none! And, I took FSU to win, yep....got lucky and know it.

These committee members know the game, how can they have FSU there but the team who kicked them around not there? Who really thinks App State was better than Michigan? If they would have played the following week Mich kills them and everyone knows that.

There wasn't that much separation on the field between both teams. Neither team were outstanding, especially the defenses which are barely above average for both teams. A close loss does help Notre Dame, but let's just hope USC or Arizona State finds a way to win because they're not a championship level team and would get wiped out. Same with FSU. Rather see two SEC teams (MSU/Bama/Auburn/Ole Miss/Georgia), a Pac-12 team (Oregon), and a Big 12 team (TCU/KSU). That field of four would be highly entertaining.

Avante
10-27-2014, 01:58 PM
There wasn't that much separation on the field between both teams. Neither team were outstanding, especially the defenses which are barely above average for both teams. A close loss does help Notre Dame, but let's just hope USC or Arizona State finds a way to win because they're not a championship level team and would get wiped out. Same with FSU. Rather see two SEC teams (MSU/Bama/Auburn/Ole Miss/Georgia), a Pac-12 team (Oregon), and a Big 12 team (TCU/KSU). That field of four would be highly entertaining.

I totally agree 100%, but you can't have FSU there (and they will be) and not the team that beat them (trust me everyone saw that as a ND win).

All I'm saying is ND is the most important school in all of college football, if there is anyway possible to get them in the big show they will be there.

Losing to FSU in a big night game in front of everyone on a call like that, yep....huge!

The Raiders losing over .....The Tuck Rule....?

Pelicans78
10-27-2014, 04:22 PM
I totally agree 100%, but you can't have FSU there (and they will be) and not the team that beat them (trust me everyone saw that as a ND win).

All I'm saying is ND is the most important school in all of college football, if there is anyway possible to get them in the big show they will be there.

Losing to FSU in a big night game in front of everyone on a call like that, yep....huge!

The Raiders losing over .....The Tuck Rule....?

Come on Avante, that was the correct call. The WRs were so eggrecious it had to be called especially after the FSU coaches tipped the referees beforehand.

Anyway, you're right. If FSU and ND win out, both teams will be in the title game. The question is at the expense of who? I'm thinking a SEC team. I think the Pac-12 will get rewarded since they are the 2nd best conference right now. Surprisingly, looking at college-football reference, they have the ACC number 3 on their calculations with the Big-12 4th and Big Ten a distant 5th. Their best non-P5 conference? C-USA.

http://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/years/2014.html

So how do they rank each individual team based on their formula of strength of schedule/margin of victory/offensive rating/defensive rating?

http://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/years/2014-ratings.html

Their top 5 schools are all from the SEC up to this point. They have Mississippi State as the best offense in the country up to this point (Click on the OSRS) followed by North Carolina, Western Kentucky, Cal, and FSU. The best defenses in the country (Click on DSRS) are Ole Miss, Stanford, Bama, LSU, and Clemson.

Infinite_limit
10-27-2014, 06:34 PM
Let's not forget the ND Touchdown called back was on 4th Down. It really could have gone either way and Irish took the easy way out by rerunning an illegal play from their 1st Touchdown of the Game.

Beyond applauding Irish for going on the road to Tallahassee, their schedule will not end up being that much more difficult than FSU (after ACCCG).

It's not exactly looking right now like SEC will get 2 teams into the Playoff so something like

FSU, Oregon, Irish & SEC seems likely. Unless Ole Miss sneaks in or MSU loses a really close game @ Bama

pgardn
10-27-2014, 08:04 PM
Let's not forget the ND Touchdown called back was on 4th Down. It really could have gone either way and Irish took the easy way out by rerunning an illegal play from their 1st Touchdown of the Game.

Beyond applauding Irish for going on the road to Tallahassee, their schedule will not end up being that much more difficult than FSU (after ACCCG).

It's not exactly looking right now like SEC will get 2 teams into the Playoff so something like

FSU, Oregon, Irish & SEC seems likely. Unless Ole Miss sneaks in or MSU loses a really close game @ Bama

I want to see the committee put in a 2 loss SEC team ahead of a 1 loss Big 12 or Big 10 team.
I wanna see the crap fly. The 4 team playoff system is cool, but it's not going to make the sickening in-conference love stop. Hate thy neighbor is part of what made college football compelling. Despise your conference rival, despise your conference winner. SEC... SEC... gtfo fools.

Infinite_limit
10-27-2014, 08:10 PM
I want to see the committee put in a 2 loss SEC team ahead of a 1 loss Big 12 or Big 10 team.
I wanna see the crap fly. The 4 team playoff system is cool, but it's not going to make the sickening in-conference love stop. Hate thy neighbor is part of what made college football compelling. Despise your conference rival, despise your conference winner. SEC... SEC... gtfo fools.
2-loss SEC will definitely get in over Michigan St or Ohio St. But a Baylor, TCU or even Kansas St? I don't think so because right now the BIG12 is being rated as the #2 Conference in the Nation this season.

pgardn
10-27-2014, 09:01 PM
2-loss SEC will definitely get in over Michigan St or Ohio St. But a Baylor, TCU or even Kansas St? I don't think so because right now the BIG12 is being rated as the #2 Conference in the Nation this season.

If Ohio State finishes the season with that one loss with a new QB, shit will fly.

MSU in final 4 with Oregon would look horrible.

Avante
10-28-2014, 12:15 AM
Come on Avante, that was the correct call. The WRs were so eggrecious it had to be called especially after the FSU coaches tipped the referees beforehand.

Anyway, you're right. If FSU and ND win out, both teams will be in the title game. The question is at the expense of who? I'm thinking a SEC team. I think the Pac-12 will get rewarded since they are the 2nd best conference right now. Surprisingly, looking at college-football reference, they have the ACC number 3 on their calculations with the Big-12 4th and Big Ten a distant 5th. Their best non-P5 conference? C-USA.

http://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/years/2014.html

So how do they rank each individual team based on their formula of strength of schedule/margin of victory/offensive rating/defensive rating?

http://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/years/2014-ratings.html

Their top 5 schools are all from the SEC up to this point. They have Mississippi State as the best offense in the country up to this point (Click on the OSRS) followed by North Carolina, Western Kentucky, Cal, and FSU. The best defenses in the country (Click on DSRS) are Ole Miss, Stanford, Bama, LSU, and Clemson.

I agree with all that, hell no ND/FSU couldn't be where they are playing an SEC schedule. But they don't.

I do have a strong feeling the committee will try their best to spread it out without ever admitting that. Hel yes it could easily be.....Bama, Auburn, Ole Miss, MSU, but that will never happen for obvious reasons. Sure the conference beats each other up, but what can really be done about it, yep....nothing.

I have no doubts they hate having three southern schools in there with MSU/Bama/FSU so it's gotta be either ND or Oregon. Or....maybe both, dumping Bama. Trust me, they want as much of the country involved as they can get.

Infinite_limit
10-28-2014, 12:27 AM
I agree with all that, hell no ND/FSU couldn't be where they are playing an SEC schedule. But they don't.

I do have a strong feeling the committee will try their best to spread it out without ever admitting that. Hel yes it could easily be.....Bama, Auburn, Ole Miss, MSU, but that will never happen for obvious reasons. Sure the conference beats each other up, but what can really be done about it, yep....nothing.

I have no doubts they hate having three southern schools in there with MSU/Bama/FSU so it's gotta be either ND or Oregon. Or....maybe both, dumping Bama. Trust me, they want as much of the country involved as they can get.
3 of those teams already lost

Avante
10-28-2014, 12:44 AM
3 of those teams already lost

Well no shit:rolleyes So have Oregon and ND. The point was those SEC teams travel a harder road than anyone else.