PDA

View Full Version : Clippers Blake Griffin article on Sterling

djohn2oo8
10-16-2014, 07:48 PM
http://www.theplayerstribune.com/blake-griffin-the-boss/

Red Hawk #21
10-16-2014, 08:50 PM
What an awesome read. Did Sterling really have all the staff on temporary contracts? :wow

Red Hawk #21
10-16-2014, 08:51 PM
After we beat Golden State, Sterling did the infamous interview with Anderson Cooper. Thankfully, commissioner Adam Silver had already taken quick action to ban him from the NBA for life. I was sitting in the trainer’s room getting treatment with Chris Paul during the Oklahoma City series when the interview came on the TV.

Sterling looked at Cooper with no irony whatsoever and said, “Ask the players. My players love me!”

CP and I looked at one another from across the room and just tried our best not to laugh. We were hoping after Silver’s decision that it was over, but the circus wouldn’t end. The first question I got asked at my locker the next day by a reporter was, “Blake, do you love Donald Sterling?”

:rollin

Clipper Nation
10-16-2014, 08:53 PM
"Some people are so poor, all they have is their money" is a badass line, tbh....

scanry
10-16-2014, 09:20 PM
People though the racegate made him a lot richer but in hindsight the franchise is now worth a lot more considering the new TV deal.

lefty
10-16-2014, 09:48 PM
Didnt the Clippers players all gave money to a Clips employee for his surgery because his employer wouldnt support him ?

It was a couple of years ago I believe

StrengthAndHonor
10-16-2014, 10:05 PM
DTS is freaking insane.

Malik Hairston
10-16-2014, 10:09 PM
Clippers are quickly becoming the most unlikable team in the league, tbh..

All these coons that chose to join the team that was operated by a known racist and slum lord, yet now they are all acting like victims, especially Tom Rivers:lol..

StrengthAndHonor
10-16-2014, 10:13 PM
Clippers are quickly becoming the most unlikable team in the league, tbh..

All these coons that chose to join the team that was operated by a known racist and slum lord, yet now they are all acting like victims, especially Tom Rivers:lol..
Im not going to lie, you get that uneasy feeling when the Clippers players talks about Sterling this way. They know full well what he's all about and now that his out, everyone is crying foul.

but I do like how Griffin is doing this though. He's very candor.

Malik Hairston
10-16-2014, 10:16 PM
There's no problem with the Clippers' players choosing to play for their organization..even with a racist owner, you're still making millions and don't have to interact with him personally, so it's all good IMO..

The problem I have is with the people in the Clippers' organization that have played the victim card, particularly Tom Rivers, and maybe Chris Paul..Rivers literally asked out of Boston and quit on their team so he could join a team owned by a racist slumlord, yet he has been the most vocal "victim" of anybody:lol..

Clipper Nation
10-16-2014, 10:18 PM
In fairness, the two most overpaid choke artists on the team (Choke Paul and DeContract) were the ones really playing the victim, tbh, mainly to try to deflect the focus away from their usual playoff failures....

Regardless, I'm still glad everyone made a big deal out of the whole thing because at the end of the day, the long-suffering fans and employees of the team deserved to have a new owner that cares anyway....

StrengthAndHonor
10-16-2014, 10:18 PM
Rivers is a joke.