PDA

View Full Version : Clippers "Sterling would hold my hand & introduce me to groups of people" - Blake Griffin

Thebesteva
10-16-2014, 08:46 PM
This thread is much better than Djohn's shitty insert link and go figure out what I'm talking about thread.

Here are the quotes:

Donald Sterling had me by the hand. You know that thing elderly women do where they grab the top of your hand with just their fingers and lead you around? That’s what he was doing.
[…]

“Everyone, have you met our newest star? This is Blake! He was the number one pick in the entire NBA draft. Number one! Blake, where are you from?”

Then I’d say I was from Oklahoma.

“Oklahoma! And tell these people what you think about LA.”

Then I’d say it was pretty cool.

“And what about the women in LA, Blake?”

[…]

It was the same conversation with every group of people. When he would start having a one-on-one conversation with someone, I’d try to slip away, and he’d reach back and paw my hand without even breaking eye contact with the person. Whenever he didn’t have anything left to say, he just turned around and walked us over to the next group.

[…]
At this point, a lot of you are probably wondering why I didn’t pull my hand away, or why I didn’t just leave the party. For one, I was a 20-year-old kid from Oklahoma. But even if I had been 25, I don’t know if it would’ve been any different. The guy was my boss. Ask yourself, how would you react if your boss was doing the same thing to you?

For the next 48 hours, as we were trying to prepare for the end of a heated playoff series against Golden State, my phone did not stop vibrating. Everybody had an opinion on what we should do, what we should say. When I turned on the TV, media people were saying we should boycott the game. Now, that sounds great when you’re a talking head in a TV studio, but when you’re trying to get locked in for the biggest playoff series of your career, it’s not so easy. I was getting texts from people like, “Man, how can you guys go out there and play for Sterling after this?” Eventually, I just shut off my phone.
My feeling, right or wrong, was that we should shut it all out and go out and play for our fans, our families, and for each other. For people to ever think we were playing for Donald Sterling is comical. It wasn’t like before the tape came out, we were putting our hands in before every game and saying, “Okay guys, let’s go out and win one for Donald!” :rollin

Silver&Black
10-16-2014, 08:50 PM
Damn that's a creepy ass thing to do....two grown men holding hands???

"Okay guys, let's go out and win one for Donald!"....lol