PDA

View Full Version : Great News From Jeff Ayres

spurs10
10-16-2014, 11:55 PM
In a pre-game interview with Bill Schoening, Jeff told Bill he's been working on "catching the ball." Bill said something like, 'So Jeff you've been working on your ball handling and your...err ball catching?' I know I'll sleep better tonight knowing this! A later quote from Schoening was a perfect segue to the interview "...through the hands of Ayres and out of bounds!"

Malik Hairston
10-16-2014, 11:56 PM
Misleading thread title, tbh, thought he was waived, got my hopes up..

spurs10
10-17-2014, 12:06 AM
Misleading thread title, tbh, thought he was waived, got my hopes up.. Sorry Malik. Didn't mean to get your hopes up....

benstanfield
10-17-2014, 12:13 AM
Off the top of my head I cant think of a worse NBA big than Ayres... Byron Mullens? Maybe Greg Oden?

#playblair

spurs10
10-17-2014, 12:17 AM
Off the top of my head I cant think of a worse NBA big than Ayres... Byron Mullens? Maybe Greg Oden? #playblair But are they working on "catching the ball?"

benstanfield
10-17-2014, 12:20 AM
But are they working on "catching the ball?"

:pctoss It's frustrating because I know for a fact if I woke up six inches taller tomorrow, I could be twice the basketball player Ayres is within six weeks

SpurPadre
10-17-2014, 12:32 AM
Man what a misleading thread title.

Uriel
10-17-2014, 01:33 AM
In OP's defense, the thread title was Great News From Jeff Ayres, not About.

Silver&Black
10-17-2014, 02:32 AM

:lmao

Spur|n|Austin
10-17-2014, 02:38 AM
In OP's defense, the thread title was Great News From Jeff Ayres, not About.

He could of been stating an early retirement.

Jack Hould
10-17-2014, 06:09 AM
Meanwhile McFaggot from the express news is still doing his duty of sucking him off, per instructions from Pop.

http://www.expressnews.com/sports/spurs/article/Ayres-eager-for-expanded-role-5828521.php?cmpid=twitter-premium&t=a1d59997fb927fc3fb

Rito3d30
10-17-2014, 06:14 AM
Obviously it's still under process
Cause he just missed another assist from Anderson and ruined a great pass again:toast

Captivus
10-17-2014, 06:56 AM
Best clapper in the NBA.

Bill_Brasky
10-17-2014, 10:30 AM
yeah, because learning how to fucking catch a basketball is something every NBA player goes through in the middle of their careers and definitely isnt something any reasonably athletic person could do by the time theyre 10.....

Mr Bones
10-17-2014, 11:09 AM
Ayres was better last season than Oden and Joel Anthony, so there's that....

It seems to me that if your favorite team has the best regular season record, the deepest bench, and the NBA championship, commenting incessantly about the 13th or 14th player in the depth chart really just proves that you're a chronic complainer.

wildbill2u
10-17-2014, 01:53 PM
yeah, because learning how to fucking catch a basketball is something every NBA player goes through in the middle of their careers and definitely isnt something any reasonably athletic person could do by the time theyre 10.....

Ayres must have some truly amazing talent/physical ability to get as far as he has without some competence in catching the ball. Didn't anyone notice he had bad hands during high school or college before he got drafted in the NBA?

spurspokesman
10-17-2014, 01:53 PM

ceperez
10-17-2014, 02:54 PM
Ayres must have some truly amazing talent/physical ability to get as far as he has without some competence in catching the ball. Didn't anyone notice he had bad hands during high school or college before he got drafted in the NBA?

http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Jeff-Pendergraph-1165/

Pendergraph is a meat and potatoes type player, mostly living off scraps offensively. The overwhelming majority of his points come off the ball--cuts, offensive rebounds, pick and rolls, and in transition. He’s smart, has terrific hands, and finishes pretty well around the basket—which makes him a reliable target inside.

spurs10
10-17-2014, 03:52 PM
In OP's defense, the thread title was Great News From Jeff Ayres, not About. Hear, hear! Sometimes you just gotta laugh. The pre-game interview was damn funny and Schoening's last call was "priceless."

cjw
10-17-2014, 03:53 PM
has terrific hands

Perception is often different than reality - I mean, Derek Jeter won five gold gloves while being (based on advanced stats) among the worst defensive SS's in history.

In this case, this scout probably never saw Ayres play in person. Perception is reality.

Jack Hould
10-17-2014, 03:55 PM

No he wasn't. Oden and Anthony spent most of the year on the bench, minimizing their shittiness. Errors had actual court time, meaning he was always doing more harm than good. Being useless on the bench > being useless on the court.

buttsR4rebounding
10-17-2014, 04:07 PM

Pendergraph is a meat and potatoes type player, mostly living off scraps offensively. The overwhelming majority of his points come off the ball--cuts, offensive rebounds, pick and rolls, and in transition. He’s smart, has terrific hands, and finishes pretty well around the basket—which makes him a reliable target inside.

My opinion of Draft Express just dropped through the floor...:bang

Mr Bones
10-17-2014, 06:02 PM

It seems to me that if your favorite team has the best regular season record, the deepest bench, and the NBA championship, commenting incessantly about the 13th or 14th player in the depth chart really just proves that you're a chronic complainer.

No he wasn't. Oden and Anthony spent most of the year on the bench, minimizing their shittiness. Errors had actual court time, meaning he was always doing more harm than good. Being useless on the bench > being useless on the court.

According to 82games.com, Ayres had a -2.2 on/off court rating. Oden was -12.9. Ayres was significantly better. What is this horrible "harm" that you are talking about? The Larry O'Brien Trophy?

mkurts
10-17-2014, 06:33 PM
He did manage to score some points against the Suns

His value is rising

spurs10
10-18-2014, 04:56 PM
According to 82games.com, Ayres had a -2.2 on/off court rating. Oden was -12.9. Ayres was significantly better. What is this horrible "harm" that you are talking about? The Larry O'Brien Trophy? I'm actually impressed by Jeff's no bullshit candor and he's an NBA champion so Fvck Everbody!

phxspurfan
10-18-2014, 05:15 PM
Spurs have brought in Nazr Mohammed to train him

Josh810
10-18-2014, 07:16 PM
Best clapper in the NBA.

http://basketexpress.net/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/Bulls-Joakim-Noah-claps-after-turnin-gthe-Nets-over.jpg

look_at_g_shred
10-18-2014, 07:22 PM
He did manage to score some points against the Suns

His value is risingbig 3 holding him back. Trade all 3 now pop!!