PDA

View Full Version : Suns owner Robert Sarver upset at Spurs for missing preseason game, addresses fans...

manu2timdynasty
10-17-2014, 02:07 AM
http://www.nba.com/video/games/suns/2014/10/16/0011400062-sas-phx-play4.nba/

Lol, I remember a few years back when he made a chicken flapping gesture at the Spurs bench for sitting Duncan and Manu.

*This was prob discussed in the game thread but dont really want to read through it...

Spur|n|Austin
10-17-2014, 02:36 AM
Once a clown always a clown.

Chillen
10-17-2014, 03:40 AM
In all fairness I don't blame him, the Spurs are the defending NBA champs and forget Duncan, Manu, Parker, not even Pop showed up. The saying goes you get what you paid for and those fans expected to at least have Pop, Parker there. It's like ordering a cheeseburger and just getting the bun only, no meat, pickles, cheese, ketchup, you would feel jipped. It was a classy move to show a little heart for people paying their hard earned money for the bun only but it's not what they paid for.

in my eyes 911
10-17-2014, 04:09 AM
In all fairness I don't blame him, the Spurs are the defending NBA champs and forget Duncan, Manu, Parker, not even Pop showed up. The saying goes you get what you paid for and those fans expected to at least have Pop, Parker there. It's like ordering a cheeseburger and just getting the bun only, no meat, pickles, cheese, ketchup, you would feel jipped. It was a classy move to show a little heart for people paying their hard earned money for the bun only but it's not what they paid for.

I think Pop was trolling him tbh.

sandman
10-17-2014, 04:33 AM

LOL pre-season game rage

LOL people paying hard earned money for pre-season game

benefactor
10-17-2014, 05:33 AM
Fuck him.

elemento
10-17-2014, 05:36 AM
That's why I love the Spurs. They simply don't give a shit. They use the pre-season games to its purpose, to discover who can help the main core in the main season and who can't.

They don't care about a cheap owner trying to show off his lottery team.

The same guy that gives pre-season money back refuses to give Joe Johnson a 6y/50m extension because of a 5m difference. The same JJ that would spend his whole prime in Atlanta as an all-star.

No wonder one team has 5 rings and the other one has 0.

BG_Spurs_Fan
10-17-2014, 05:48 AM

Not sure if serious.

Cowboys_Wear_Spurs
10-17-2014, 06:53 AM
Considering the Spurs just did a European tour and played major minutes to promote the NBA brand, I'm sure Silver and Co. didn't mind at all. This buffoon just need to get over it.

ambchang
10-17-2014, 07:18 AM
He should have used the money to buy gifts and put it in their roster during the SSOL, they may have won a championship then if he didn't skim on the roster.

Old School 44
10-17-2014, 08:03 AM
lol. Sarver trying to create some animosity/rivalry where there is none.

Fireball
10-17-2014, 08:15 AM
I can only imagine Pops reaction to the reporter who first asks him about this during the next practice interview ...

lefty
10-17-2014, 08:23 AM
why would fans of other teams pay to go see Parker :lmao

bigfan
10-17-2014, 08:47 AM
That's why I love the Spurs. They simply don't give a shit. They use the pre-season games to its purpose, to discover who can help the main core in the main season and who can't.

The same guy that gives pre-season money back refuses to give Joe Johnson a 6y/50m extension because of a 5m difference. The same JJ that would spend his whole prime in Atlanta as an all-star.

No wonder one team has 5 rings and the other one has 0. Agree 100 percent with this.

Dex
10-17-2014, 08:56 AM
Fuck him.

ManuTastic
10-17-2014, 08:59 AM
I think in a roundabout way this is really about the cost of preseason tickets. They are absurdly high. If I paid $50 a head to go see a game, I'd be pissed if one team didn't really show up. If I were Sarver, I'd be sure to do the same thing to SA if/when they have a preseason game there.

Of course I understand why Pop did it, and it's fine with me, but to me its just one more chapter in the story of the league's greed. I.e., the lockouts, the excessive number of reg season games, etc.

BOHOLANO#21
10-17-2014, 09:10 AM
Those fans who go to pre season games must be dumb if they expect to see a full roster to play! Hello, it's fuckin pre season!!!

Sec24Row7
10-17-2014, 09:13 AM
Spurs fans go to watch the spurs play in San Antonio. PHX fans go to watch the team that is playing the suns. Seems like he needs to mend his own fences, and not worry about us.

testies
10-17-2014, 09:19 AM
At least they could have played Parker. I mean, he is younger than Manu and Timmy and rested all summer. Why did they leave him in S.A?

Dex
10-17-2014, 09:47 AM
At least they could have played Parker. I mean, he is younger than Manu and Timmy and rested all summer. Why did they leave him in S.A?

Because Pop's job is to build a competitive basketball team, not to entertain the people of Phoenix, Arizona.

FromWayDowntown
10-17-2014, 09:52 AM
I'm baffled by this. The Spurs basically left two healthy guys home from a preseason game. In the next game, they'll likely not play Parker and another rotation player or two. It's the preseason. That's what happens.

I'm also amused by the idea that anyone was mad that Pop wasn't there.

FromWayDowntown
10-17-2014, 09:54 AM
At least they could have played Parker.

The box score says that Tony Parker started and played 22 minutes:

http://scores.espn.go.com/nba/boxscore?gameId=400583978

benstanfield
10-17-2014, 09:58 AM
I'm also amused by the idea that anyone was mad that Pop wasn't there.

There are people on Reddit legitimately arguing this point with me.

":cry Even Popovich didn't show up tho. That's a little ridiculous. He's a character and he's got a fistful of rings. People who like the NBA enough to see a preseason game would probably be a little disappointed".

FromWayDowntown
10-17-2014, 09:59 AM
I guess Sarver thinks the Spurs should have forced Duncan/Ginobili since Leonard and league wide fan favorite Tiago Splitter were injured. Or perhaps he thinks that if the Spurs wanted to rest Duncan and Ginobili, they need to compel Leonard and Splitter to play.

It's amazing: a few years ago, everyone wanted the boring Spurs to just go away; now, everyone gets pissed when they can't see the Spurs.

FromWayDowntown
10-17-2014, 10:05 AM
There are people on Reddit legitimately arguing this point with me.

":cry Even Popovich didn't show up tho. That's a little ridiculous. He's a character and he's got a fistful of rings. People who like the NBA enough to see a preseason game would probably be a little disappointed".

Pop has his own motivations on this one, but given that he left Ettore in charge, my guess is that he wanted him and the staff to have to deal with this situation on their own (particularly since Ettore and Becky don't have a lot of NBA experience) and to sink or swim in that environment without being able to look over to him for guidance.

That's particularly important, one would think, after Boylen "forgot" to get Kawhi off the bench in the second half of a game where Pop was ejected last year. Let the assistants get some work in during the preseason, too, so that they aren't panicked when they have to do it alone after an ejection sometime during the season. The margin for error at the top of the West is small, so being prepared for everything seems sensible.

Pop has, by the way, done this for years, too. He used to just stay away from preseason games (and even late season regular season games when circumstances allowed) to let Budenholzer gain some first chair experience, which ended up paying off in 2012-13 during a Popovich illness as Bud guided the team to 3 wins.

JWest596
10-17-2014, 10:07 AM
If he was that genuinely concerned about their "hard earned money"...refund their ticket or offer a replacement pre-season ticket. Provide your own SASE?...gee thanks. They have the space judging by the small crowd instead of sending out I'm sure are leftover game day fan promotions lying around the office. It's not like the place was full of Sun or Spurs fans.

"Gee Bob thanks ever so much for the magnetic 2014 Suns schedule..I'll cherish it always. You really rock! :sleep"

SpursFan86
10-17-2014, 10:15 AM
The box score says that Tony Parker started and played 22 minutes:

http://scores.espn.go.com/nba/boxscore?gameId=400583978

Pretty sure it was a jab at Parker's performance last night lol

FromWayDowntown
10-17-2014, 10:22 AM
Pretty sure it was a jab at Parker's performance last night lol

Got it.

MultiTroll
10-17-2014, 10:24 AM
SpurFan mostly judging Sarver that since he is giving some kind of refund = he must be pissed at missing Spurs.

Could it be that he realizes the schedule is why they missed and at the same time is comping SunsFan who did pay decent jack to get a ticket.

Lighten up chest puffed SpurFan. Could be a genuinely nice gesture by rich owner.

superbigtime
10-17-2014, 10:34 AM
Sarver is such a bozo.

Bill_Brasky
10-17-2014, 10:35 AM
nah Sarver has a history of being a little bitch

da_suns_fan
10-17-2014, 10:49 AM
Defensive Spurs fan.

Sarver didnt bash the Spurs. He said he felt the fans didnt get what they paid for and gave them a gift to compensate. Its their (Spurs) decision to rest players etc but a lot of people (including Phoenix Spurs fans) were expecting to see something much different. Even if it was a pre-season game.

Kudos to Sarver.

Uriel
10-17-2014, 11:04 AM
Probably still butthurt after all those years of watching his Nash / Amare led Suns losing to the Spurs in the playoffs. :lol

Xylus
10-17-2014, 11:33 AM
Spur fan getting upset over nothing.

Sarver doing a nice thing for the people who make him money.

Leetonidas
10-17-2014, 11:37 AM
If Suns fans were expecting some kind of epic battle in the preseason with Duncan/Parker/Ginobili playing 38 minutes they're fucking retarded. :lol Kawhi has pink eye, Patty and Tiago have legit injuries, Manu is nursing his injury still, and Duncan is old as shit. The fuck were they expecting from a team that rested it's stars on national TV against Miami? :lmao

lol preseason

Leetonidas
10-17-2014, 11:39 AM
The game's official attendance was 13,552, although many of those paid tickets were unused.

:lmao

Xylus
10-17-2014, 11:39 AM
If Suns fans were expecting some kind of epic battle in the preseason with Duncan/Parker/Ginobili playing 38 minutes they're fucking retarded. :lol Kawhi has pink eye, Patty and Tiago have legit injuries, Manu is nursing his injury still, and Duncan is old as shit. The fuck were they expecting from a team that rested it's stars on national TV against Miami? :lmao

lol preseason

I don't think Suns fans complained about anything. I'm sure they were happy with their 31-point rout.

cjw
10-17-2014, 11:40 AM
LOL pre-season game rage

LOL people paying hard earned money for pre-season game

Exactly. In the fourth preseason NFL game, top guys rarely play and may not even dress. In spring training, half the time teams split their squad and play two games at once. Tickets for preseason games have a similar appeal as WNBA finals tickets.

Leetonidas
10-17-2014, 11:42 AM
I don't recall the word "complaining" being in that post of mine at all tbh. My point is Sarver apologizing for the Spurs is retarded considering no one would expect some epic battle featuring the star players in the preseason. And the arena wasn't even close to being full :lol so while it's nice that he wants to shed his greedy jew image from being a shitty cheapskate owner for a very long time by giving away a 50 dollar gift card, he's still a douche tbh

Daniel Sedin
10-17-2014, 11:45 AM
I don't think Suns fans complained about anything. I'm sure they were happy with their 31-point rout.

:lmao

Damn it's nice being a Spurs fan

JMarkJohns
10-17-2014, 11:57 AM
Sarver is as Sarver does...

It was a nice gesture to Suns fans and, without question, a very public dig at Pops and the Spurs org. If he wanted to, he easily could have kept this about the gesture, not made the grandstanding public announcement/comments.

But Chickenman never died. Now he's all cocksure again because his team is fun and entertaining. He wants the spectacle, and if the nightly spotlight couldn't be Suns defeating the Champion Spurs in a meaningless game, then he'd spotlight the blowout victory over a star-less, coach-less Spurs in a meaningless game by taking the "high road" and make damn sure everyone in Phoenix knew about it.

He's pandering to his constituency with a public dig to rally attention for his cause.

For a stupid man, for a stupid thing, it was actually calculatingly, politically all business, and, in propping himself to look like George McFly landing a knockout blow to Biff, he paints himself a protector of the integrity of the game to his teams fans.

On the surface, for business, this is smart.

To the rest of the world he looks like a defeated Tom Hank's using his pistol to shoot the oncoming enemy tank at the end of Saving Private Ryan. I guess he supposes this Suns team is his Tank Buster air support who swoops in and saves the day, but I'm not convinced they're ready to "earn this" level of competitive pressure yet.

So he mostly still just looks like a petty idiot, only one with a few more fans in the Phoenix area.

Mel_13
10-17-2014, 12:03 PM
Sarver is as Sarver does...

It was a nice gesture to Suns fans and, without question, a very public dig at Pops and the Spurs org. If he wanted to, he easily could have kept this about the gesture, not made the grandstanding public announcement/comments.

But Chickenman never died. Now he's all cocksure again because his team is fun and entertaining. He wants the spectacle, and if the nightly spotlight couldn't be Suns defeating the Champion Spurs in a meaningless game, then he'd spotlight the blowout victory over a star-less, coach-less Spurs in a meaningless game by taking the "high road" and make damn sure everyone in Phoenix knew about it.

He's pandering to his constituency with a public dig to rally attention for his cause.

For a stupid man, for a stupid thing, it was actually calculatingly, politically all business, and, in propping himself to look like George McFly landing a knockout blow to Biff, he paints himself a protector of the integrity of the game to his teams fans.

On the surface, for business, this is smart.

To the rest of the world he looks like a defeated Tom Hank's using his pistol to shoot the oncoming enemy tank at the end of Saving Private Ryan. I guess he supposed the Suns team is his air support who swoops in and saves the day, but I'm not convinced their ready to "earn this" level of competitive pressure yet.

So he mostly still just looks like a petty idiot, only one with a few more fans in the Phoenix area.

:bobo

Details about the compensation from the Arizona Republic:

http://www.azcentral.com/story/sports/nba/suns/2014/10/17/sarver-apologizes-to-fans-who-saw-depleted-spurs/17401167/

Aremid
10-17-2014, 12:05 PM
God it must suck not having won a championship EVER lmao

Trainwreck2100
10-17-2014, 12:22 PM

Which is what makes the announcement even more questionable they had a good win and I assume the fans had a decent enough time for it being a preseason game. So what is he apologizing for.

JMarkJohns
10-17-2014, 12:27 PM
Which is what makes the announcement even more questionable they had a good win and I assume the fans had a decent enough time for it being a preseason game. So what is he apologizing for.

Read my post.

benefactor
10-17-2014, 12:28 PM
JMJ with the thread ending goods.

ElNono
10-17-2014, 12:47 PM
I mean, at least they have a fairly fun to watch team... Fredo would need to do this every game, tbh...

MultiTroll
10-17-2014, 12:53 PM
Details about the compensation from the Arizona Republic:

http://www.azcentral.com/story/sports/nba/suns/2014/10/17/sarver-apologizes-to-fans-who-saw-depleted-spurs/17401167/
Nothing about comp in the link.

Mel_13
10-17-2014, 12:56 PM
Nothing about comp in the link.

Yes there is.

Shastafarian
10-17-2014, 01:02 PM
To the rest of the world he looks like a defeated Tom Hank's using his pistol to shoot the oncoming enemy tank at the end of Saving Private Ryan. I guess he supposes this Suns team is his Tank Buster air support who swoops in and saves the day, but I'm not convinced they're ready to "earn this" level of competitive pressure yet.

http://crazyhyena.com/imagebank/m/tom-hanks-shot-tank-with-gun-movie-scene.jpg

pawe
10-17-2014, 01:16 PM
Would've preferred seeing TD and Manu but the tri-tip, chocolate sundae and free booze made up for it.
And I now have $300 credit to get me a jersey or some tickets for the regular season Spurs vs Suns.
Thanks Sarver!

peacemaker885
10-17-2014, 01:28 PM
IMO Sarver did the right thing for him and his organization. Maybe the medium can be questioned but at the end of the day, I think Suns fans appreciate it. The Spurs meanwhile will continue to do what they do. We are used to it as Spurs fans and actually appreciate what Pop does to save the players and for the most part - the results speak for themself.

However not everyone in the league agrees with it. I was listening to the radio this morning and as Jerry Stackhouse says, and I'm paraphrasing "the Spurs are above the NBA, they do what they do" - and he didn't mean it, from what I understand, in a positive way. Some see it as arrogance, we on the other hand see it differently.

DesignatedT
10-17-2014, 01:48 PM
Lol this is so stupid. It's the fucking pre-season. Fans are dumb if they are buying pre-season tickets expecting to see some sort of real/competitive game action by the stars of the league. Nobody is trying or gives two shits about pre-season. Basketball fans know this. There is no compensation or gift deserved by anyone who attended the game.

And I find it laughable that Sarver picks this game to start making a scene about this non-issue. Dude still has a giant hard on for the Spurs. How fucking embarrassing is that.

Jenks
10-17-2014, 01:48 PM
He should have given fans a refund who showed up for game 5 in 2007, since they didn't get to see Amare and Diaw.

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view4/4558397/horry-vs-nash-o.gif

SupremeGuy
10-17-2014, 03:13 PM
In a vacuum, I can understand Phoenix's point of view; but given our history with them, fuck them. :lol

:flag:

Sean Cagney
10-17-2014, 03:45 PM
Lol this is so stupid. It's the fucking pre-season. Fans are dumb if they are buying pre-season tickets expecting to see some sort of real/competitive game action by the stars of the league. Nobody is trying or gives two shits about pre-season. Basketball fans know this. There is no compensation or gift deserved by anyone who attended the game.

And I find it laughable that Sarver picks this game to start making a scene about this non-issue. Dude still has a giant hard on for the Spurs. How fucking embarrassing is that.
I agree fully. You already lost if you paid alot for a meaningless preseason game :lol. I would gor for free or cheap only and care less about the game.

Walton Buys Off Me
10-17-2014, 03:49 PM
Sarver and the Suns are kinda cute.

Close your eyes and imagine this;
You're a local startup launching a search engine optimization initiative. You've planned a party, media coverage, key note speakers etc. Towards the end of the event, you get upset that nobody from Google attended.

Chris
10-17-2014, 04:00 PM
Because Pop's job is to build a competitive basketball team, not to entertain the people of Phoenix, Arizona.

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view3/1366708/slow-clap-o.gif

Texas_Ranger
10-17-2014, 04:18 PM
really?? he said that during a game?? Sucks that the Spurs ''scrubs'' didn't destroy those guys.

l6kJIjQavCE

Southwest Texas Fan
10-17-2014, 05:55 PM

It's pre-season...:lmao:lmao:lmao

Prose
10-17-2014, 06:54 PM
This is so ironic...complaining that you didn't get to see the spurs stars in a preseason game...You have had 15 years to see pop, manu, tim, and tony. Twice a year and sometimes up to 6 times if they played in the playoffs. If your so upset that you didn't see them just come back during the regular season. Also i hate this bs about losing your hard earned money....going to a nba game is privilege not a necessity, nobody made you buy those tickets guaranteeing anything about certain players playing. If you want a guarantee about seeing spurs stars TRY MAKING THE PLAYOFFS! then you will see our stars in 2 home games.

tmtcsc
10-17-2014, 08:35 PM
Yet another example of how Sarver just doesn't get it. It must eat this guy alive that the Spurs have had so much success and with such beloved players. Crying about not having stars play during a preseason game? He's way late to the party and complaining at the wrong time. Just over the top grandstanding. I bet the Phoenix fans were rolling their eyes and thinking the same thing. Lol! Questioning a 5 time Championship team on how they run things.

SpurPadre
10-17-2014, 09:02 PM
Ah, I love it when we troll the suns, even without Nash and stoudamire or whatever the fuck he calls himself nowadays.

exstatic
10-17-2014, 09:51 PM

If it's like the NFL, season ticket holders are forced to buy them.

baseline bum
10-17-2014, 10:14 PM
Sarver is such a bozo.

You misspelled homo

dbreiden83080
10-17-2014, 10:42 PM
Why buy tickets to a pre-season game? You got young guys playing and old guys resting and doing the bare minimal.. I would never buy a pre-season ticket for any sport..

Dex
10-17-2014, 10:48 PM
http://www.sportingnews.com/nba/story/2014-10-17/suns-owner-robert-sarver-apology-spurs-exhibition-dnp-old-rest-popovich-duncan-ginobili-nba-champions?eadid=SOC%2FFB%2FSNMain

"It's their decision and it's my decision to decide what to do for our fans," Sarver told the Republic's Paul Coro. "I'm fine with it."

A real apology would consist of full or substantial refunds rather than gift certificates for tickets, team gear or concession items, which is what Sarver is offering. In the Republic story, Sarver said he realized that people "spent a lot of money to buy these tickets." So why not return a big chunk that money?

:lmao This was all just a scam to lure people into the Suns store, where that gift certificate will probably buy you half a shirt.

ploto
10-17-2014, 11:28 PM
Why buy tickets to a pre-season game? You got young guys playing and old guys resting and doing the bare minimal.. I would never buy a pre-season ticket for any sport..
Season ticket holders have to buy them.

tmtcsc
10-18-2014, 12:20 AM
http://i.imgur.com/SErWuHe.png

Hey Dex, you gotta update your signature. That x'd out count above Tim should go up to 20 now. Time to start a new row. :toast

Biernutz
10-18-2014, 03:10 AM
For the most part I think Sarver is a asshat but I wish Peter Holt would do the same when we season ticket holders
have pre-season practice games included in our season package. We pay full price to watch practice games! How many
games have the Spurs lost in the pre-season over the last 5 years? Pop doesn't care so why should I care enough to have
to buy a full price ticket to one of these games? We cannot not opt out of theses games. They are just cash cows for all the
NBA teams. I love the Spurs but I hate these home games. The Spurs had a free open practice for all the fans so why can't
they do it for these games. It would let the fans with big family's see a game or the person who cannot afford to see a regular
season game a chance to see a game. With teams selling for a $billion$ dollars they can afford to do this........

jhuan16
10-18-2014, 07:09 AM
The dude still piss about 07 lol.

aal04
10-18-2014, 07:56 AM
Its probably worse for spurs fans.

Suns fans pay to see suns Fans.

Spurs fans pay to see spurs.

The people most disappointed would be those Spurs fans in Phoenix who turn up to watch their beloved spurs and get Scraps

Chillen
10-18-2014, 08:13 AM
Not sure if serious.

No I wasn't. It's just a freaking preseason game. IMO while classy on his part, a bit premature. However what I said does apply to regular season games and playoffs.

exstatic
10-18-2014, 08:44 AM
For the most part I think Sarver is a asshat but I wish Peter Holt would do the same when we season ticket holders
have pre-season practice games included in our season package. We pay full price to watch practice games! How many
games have the Spurs lost in the pre-season over the last 5 years? Pop doesn't care so why should I care enough to have
to buy a full price ticket to one of these games? We cannot not opt out of theses games. They are just cash cows for all the
NBA teams. I love the Spurs but I hate these home games. The Spurs had a free open practice for all the fans so why can't
they do it for these games. It would let the fans with big family's see a game or the person who cannot afford to see a regular
season game a chance to see a game. With teams selling for a $billion$ dollars they can afford to do this........

You're pissing into the wind. Once a sport monetizes something, they'll never walk it back.

Bill_Brasky
10-18-2014, 11:12 AM
:cry im gonna refund your tickets.....and by refund your tickets i mean give you store credit to my gift shop full of overpriced shit where youll surely have to fork over some extra cash in order to get whatever overpriced item you want :cry

Douche.

Budkin
10-18-2014, 11:22 AM
Only thing missing was the chicken suit. Fuckin D-bag.

DesignatedT
10-18-2014, 06:41 PM
:lmao at pops response.

slick'81
10-18-2014, 06:47 PM
Yeah pop laid the smack down on that chicken head

Chris
10-18-2014, 07:25 PM
What did Pop say?

Raven
10-18-2014, 07:40 PM
Pop :lmao

Raven
10-18-2014, 07:41 PM
What did Pop say?

When asked about Suns owner Robert Sarver's apology for the Spurs benching players on Thursday, coach Gregg Popovich said "the only thing that surprises me is that he didn’t say it in a chicken suit."

Oh, man. Pop is referring to Sarver flapping his arms like a chicken back in 2005 when the Spurs rested Manu Ginobili and Tim Duncan. Yes, this is on the short list for quote of the year.

Cry Havoc
10-18-2014, 07:51 PM
:lmao at anyone that has never rang trying to go after Pop. :lmao Including SpursTalkers. :lol

Walton Buys Off Me
10-18-2014, 07:51 PM
Pop empties his balls on Sarver

Chris
10-18-2014, 08:14 PM
When asked about Suns owner Robert Sarver's apology for the Spurs benching players on Thursday, coach Gregg Popovich said "the only thing that surprises me is that he didn’t say it in a chicken suit."

Oh, man. Pop is referring to Sarver flapping his arms like a chicken back in 2005 when the Spurs rested Manu Ginobili and Tim Duncan. Yes, this is on the short list for quote of the year.

Pop always knows exactly what to say :lol

Budkin
10-18-2014, 08:43 PM
Only thing missing was the chicken suit. Fuckin D-bag.

Pop was thinking the same thing.

Seventyniner
10-18-2014, 10:12 PM
And the Spurs' first visit to Phoenix in the regular season is on Halloween. Sarver can take the next step by actually dressing up in a chicken suit and wearing a Pop mask.

Kamnik
10-19-2014, 02:07 AM
i actually laughed out loud HARD :D

Tuddy
10-19-2014, 03:10 AM
The thing is Splitter, Leonard and Mills ARE hurt and as he says TD and Ginobili are old and just been playing in Europe

wildcardX
10-19-2014, 06:39 PM
If the Spurs blow out the Suns at full strength in the regular season can Pop get on the mic and tell the fans, "This is not the game you paid to see. Please send your tickets along with a coupon for KFC to your owner Robert Sarver."

superbigtime
10-20-2014, 03:03 PM
You misspelled homo

Sorry my bad!

pawe
10-25-2014, 01:11 AM
Got my Suns card in the mail today. I mailed out 6 suite ticket stubs and got $250 credit to use in the arena store. What to get?

boutons_deux
10-26-2014, 04:44 AM
With Meaningless Tickets, Apology Is a Tough Sell

With the grandstanding audacity of a politician in prime time, thePhoenix Suns (http://topics.nytimes.com/top/news/sports/probasketball/nationalbasketballassociation/phoenixsuns/index.html?inline=nyt-org)’ owner, Robert Sarver, strolled to the public-address microphone at US Airways Center late in a recent one-sided game against what amounted to the San Antonio Spurs (http://topics.nytimes.com/top/news/sports/probasketball/nationalbasketballassociation/sanantoniospurs/index.html?inline=nyt-org)’ junior varsity and told the remains (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l6kJIjQavCE) of a generously announced crowd of 13,552: “This is not the game you paid your hard-earned money to watch. I apologize for it.”

He wasn’t finished demonstrating what a sport he was. “Send me your tickets if you came tonight with a return envelope, and I’ve got a gift for you on behalf of the Suns for showing up tonight,” he said.

Here is a suggestion for what Sarver’s largess should be: a promise to season-ticket holders to never again make them buy into meaningless exhibitions, even if, as a Suns spokeswoman noted while emailing that Sarver was unavailable for comment, those games are priced lower-tier.

Bundling practice games into regular-season packages is one small example why sports owners like Sarver are more interested in self-serving shows of pseudo-compassion than in the best interests of fans spending their hard-earned money.

But forget, as Sarver conveniently did, that resting stars in preseason games is a widespread, common-sense practice; that several of the Spurs players left home — along with Coach Gregg Popovich — were listed as injured; and, most of all, that the Spurs had just finished a circuitous trip to Germany and Turkey as part of the N.B.A.’s Global Games.

Sarver missed the essential point that Ken Reed, the sports policy director for the League of Fans, a group focusing on consumer issues (http://leagueoffans.org/) that was founded by Ralph Nader, was happy to make.

Forcing season-ticket holders to pay for preseason games, Reed said in a telephone interview, “is an unethical scam similar in nature to the personal-seat-license scam that pro franchises — and some colleges — are perpetuating.”

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2014/10/26/sports/basketball/with-meaningless-nba-tickets-apology-is-a-tough-sell.html

AusSpur
10-26-2014, 05:46 AM
http://cdn.meme.am/instances/500x/55649417.jpg

exstatic
10-26-2014, 08:24 AM
Got my Suns card in the mail today. I mailed out 6 suite ticket stubs and got $250 credit to use in the arena store. What to get?

I dunno...crappy lottery team merch?

baseline bum
10-26-2014, 10:18 AM

Ginobili authentic jersey when the Spurs come to town again tbh

littlecoyotecoin
10-26-2014, 11:25 AM
Ginobili authentic jersey when the Spurs come to town again tbh

They might have an old Diaw jersey in a closet or something.

baseline bum
10-26-2014, 11:27 AM
They might have an old Diaw jersey in a closet or something.

How pissed is Sunfan seeing Diaw ring with the team that got him suspended in 07? :lmao

Chris
02-28-2015, 10:36 PM
He should make another apology after tonights game for his shitty basketball team

TheGreatYacht
02-28-2015, 10:40 PM
He should make another apology after tonights game for his shitty basketball team
Good bump :lol

Raven
02-28-2015, 11:05 PM
he should make another apology for spurs killing the game

Silver&Black
02-28-2015, 11:22 PM

Kidd K
03-01-2015, 10:12 AM

No wonder one team has 5 rings and the other one has 0.

If only Peter Holt would actually reply with something like that.

If the Suns owner wants people to watch a good team play, perhaps he should actually put one out on the court for them himself instead of pin hopes on milking visiting elite teams for gouging ticket prices for Suns fans.

unleashbaynes
03-01-2015, 10:37 AM
:lol Suns
:lol Sarver
:lol worried about showing up the Spurs
:lol signing IT when they already had Dragic
:lol 3 PG rotation
:lol trading away the 2 that stay healthy
:lol losing the Lakers pick in the process
:lol absolute horseshit franchise

unleashbaynes
03-01-2015, 10:42 AM
while im at it

:lol still bitter about 07
:lol pants jizzed when they knocked us out in 2010
:lol pants unjizzed when we retool and they fall to shit
:lol Diaw: 1 Suns: 0 and forever

Chris
03-01-2015, 07:41 PM
Markieff Morris calls out Suns fans for lack of home-court advantage

http://www.azcentral.com/story/sports/nba/suns/2015/03/01/markieff-morris-calls-out-suns-fans-for-lack-of-home-court-advantage/24214265/

:lol

exstatic
03-01-2015, 08:00 PM
You have a really shitty team if you're depending on your opponent to bring the "juice" to a game on your court.

timtonymanu
07-04-2015, 12:29 PM
:lol is this why Pop told LMA to troll Phoenix?

SupremeGuy
07-04-2015, 12:33 PM
:lol is this why Pop told LMA to troll Phoenix?CIA Pop. :pop:

Dverde
01-21-2016, 05:26 PM
“This is not the game you paid your hard-earned money to watch. I apologize for it.” Bump