PDA

View Full Version : Suns: Moron claims Bledsoe > Klay Thompson, O Rly?

Red Hawk #21
10-21-2014, 12:10 PM
(0:50 second mark)
tHcIh5yQJbM

Dude claims that Bledsoe is "A far more dynamic player" than Klay Thompson. Don't get me wrong, Bledsoe is a beast. But the guy is a tweener. He's 6'1, while Klay is 6'7. You won't get the highlight plays you get from Bledsoe with Klay Thompson but you get consistency. Klay is one of the best shooters in the league, can post up, great defender and played 81 games last season. While Bledsoe on the other hand missed nearly half of last season. The guy in the video's main argument is that if we put Klay as a number 1 option on a team his stats would drop. Couldn't we say the same for Bledsoe? Couldn't we say the same for a number of players in the league? Who would you guys take?

lefty
10-21-2014, 12:24 PM
Neither

Raven
10-21-2014, 12:45 PM
Klay is the shit tbh, bledsoe is a monkeyballer and will fade quickly when his hops go away. Klay is a solid defender and a great shooter. Ok i know both can only suck it to DG but klay is good nevertheless.

spurraider21
10-21-2014, 12:57 PM
i like em both tbh, and together they'd make a hell of a backcourt

Xylus
10-21-2014, 01:37 PM
The only question with Bledsoe is his health. If he stays healthy, he'll put up all-star numbers on a team competing for a playoff spot in the Western Conference. Both are dynamic players. As a Suns fan, I'd rather have Bledsoe.

10-21-2014, 01:58 PM
I feel like I've never seen Bledsoe play :lol how long has he been in the league

RD2191
10-21-2014, 01:59 PM
I feel like I've never seen Bledsoe play :lol how long has he been in the league
Same here.

djohn2oo8
10-21-2014, 02:38 PM
Bledsoe is better.

DPG21920
10-21-2014, 02:41 PM
The only question with Bledsoe is his health. If he stays healthy, he'll put up all-star numbers on a team competing for a playoff spot in the Western Conference. Both are dynamic players. As a Suns fan, I'd rather have Bledsoe.

I will never understand Suns fans. You being a Suns fan makes that comment even worse IMO. I don't know how Suns fans put up with loser teams for so long, why they support stupid managment & why they say things like this ^.

Especially with Dragic being more than capable and the best ball handler, why on Earth would you rather have an off the ball guy like Bledsoe that can't even shoot vs a guy like Klay that can be an excellent defender, has legit size and can space the floor better than about anyone?

Bledsoe is ok if healthy, but like a lot of tiny guards that can't shoot, their stats usually look better than their impact. If you already have Dragic/Thomas, why on Earth would you rather have Bledsoe over Klay for the fit on that team, let alone just on value alone?

Xylus
10-21-2014, 02:58 PM
I will never understand Suns fans. You being a Suns fan makes that comment even worse IMO. I don't know how Suns fans put up with loser teams for so long, why they support stupid managment & why they say things like this ^.

Especially with Dragic being more than capable and the best ball handler, why on Earth would you rather have an off the ball guy like Bledsoe that can't even shoot vs a guy like Klay that can be an excellent defender, has legit size and can space the floor better than about anyone?

Bledsoe is ok if healthy, but like a lot of tiny guards that can't shoot, their stats usually look better than their impact. If you already have Dragic/Thomas, why on Earth would you rather have Bledsoe over Klay for the fit on that team, let alone just on value alone?

From what I've seen from Bledsoe in 4 preseason games, I think he's going to be a bigger impact player than Dragic this year. You act like Klay is a world-beating defender, but Bledsoe is one of the best two-way guards in the league.

Klay would be a great fit for this Suns team, but Dragic has proven, to me at least, that controlling 100% of the point guard duties for an 82-game season is too taxing for him. We need Bledsoe's playmaking.

And the "Bledsoe can't shoot" myth is just that. He's extended his range beyond the arc, while his midrange game is approaching elite status.

djohn2oo8
10-21-2014, 03:00 PM
Klay Thompson is vastly overrated.

apalisoc_9
10-21-2014, 03:25 PM
Klay thompson is one of the most overrated players in the league..

Great defender...:lol

Cry Havoc
10-21-2014, 03:26 PM

:lol Rockets fan with the bads.

One of the best 3 and D guys in the league and can even get to the rim.

Venti Quattro
10-21-2014, 03:32 PM
Bledsoe is better.

lol no

Jodelo
10-21-2014, 04:22 PM
Thompson is better. His D is really good and on offense he can shoot with the best of them, even post-up and take it to the basket.

djohn2oo8
10-21-2014, 04:24 PM

lol no

So Thompson and his 14.3 PER, .112 WS per 48, his pathetic rebounding and assist numbers, his FT percentage are worth the max?

djohn2oo8
10-21-2014, 04:24 PM

lol no

So Thompson and his 14.3 PER, .112 WS per 48, his pathetic rebounding and assist numbers, his FT percentage are worth the max?

DPG21920
10-21-2014, 10:55 PM
And the "Bledsoe can't shoot" myth is just that. He's extended his range beyond the arc, while his midrange game is approaching elite status.

I don't even know what to say about that comment tbh...It's just blatantly false there is no point in arguing.

His career FG% is 44% and his 3PT% is 33%. He's only had one good year of 3PT shooting (39%) out of 4 years in the league and that was on sub 80 shots. His True Shooting percentage, in his best year, was ranked 60th. In the 3 other years, he was so far below average it wasn't even funny.

spurraider21
10-21-2014, 11:12 PM
thompson's offense is fine, but i dont know why he gets credit as an elite defender. because he's 6'7?

Malik Hairston
10-21-2014, 11:24 PM
Klay Thompson is one of the most overrated players in NBA history, tbh..

I can't wait to see which organization destroys their future by maxing him..I have a strong feeling it will be the Lakers:lol..

DPG21920
10-21-2014, 11:25 PM
I don't think anyone of note claims that he's elite. I think people see him put in effort and have success in the right situations defensively.

DPG21920
10-21-2014, 11:25 PM
Klay Thompson is one of the most overrated players in NBA history, tbh..

I can't wait to see which organization destroys their future by maxing him..I have a strong feeling it will be the Lakers:lol..

Sure - call him overrated. But what are your thoughts on Bledsoe being an elite mid-range shooter who's extended his range beyone the 3PT line?

Malik Hairston
10-21-2014, 11:29 PM
I've made my opinion clear on guards like Bledsoe, Wall, Rondo, etc, I wouldn't want those types of players on my team..

I'm just tired of this Thompson hype, how the fuck did he get so hyped? His metrics are mediocre, he ALWAYS disappears in big games, his offensive game isn't anything special..it's mind-blowing to me that he has so much hype, including apparently a virtual lock at receiving a max deal..

Xylus
10-22-2014, 12:21 AM
I don't even know what to say about that comment tbh...It's just blatantly false there is no point in arguing.

His career FG% is 44% and his 3PT% is 33%. He's only had one good year of 3PT shooting (39%) out of 4 years in the league and that was on sub 80 shots. His True Shooting percentage, in his best year, was ranked 60th. In the 3 other years, he was so far below average it wasn't even funny.

We're talking about Bledsoe now, not Bledsoe over the course of his career, though. You could use career stats to show that Goran Dragic is a poor 3-point shooter with a low assist-to-turnover ratio, but those stats don't accurately reflect where he's at currently. I thought I made it clear that I was talking about what I'm seeing from him in preseason thus far. His shooting is clearly improved. The actual form has improved. His percentages through 5 games reflect that. It's a small sample size, but I think it'll carry through. Even looking at his stats from last year show an improved shot (47.7% FG, one of the highest marks of any guard last year).

DJ Mbenga
10-22-2014, 01:50 AM
paying either the max sucks. but the saving grace might be its the old max, before the new tv deal kicks in.