10-22-2014, 10:34 AM
what's your gripe Darrin?

Nothing. Good, wholesome stuff.

Winehole23
10-22-2014, 10:40 AM
the profanity bothers you?

baseline bum
10-22-2014, 11:02 AM
I love Carlin's bit about fuck being a worse word than kill in America.

Spurminator
10-22-2014, 11:07 AM
Nice work, progressives

Thanks! We knew it would be a big hit when it was first discussed in our monthly All Progressives Forum. We knew old people and stupid people would probably be distracted and offended by the word "fuck," which is kind of the point of the video, but would likely be lost on stupid people.

President Obama himself introduced the video.

In hindsight, though, I do wish we had gone the route you Conservatives took for women's outreach. I bet this was a huge hit when you guys all got together to preview it. You really nailed it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lKYZrZzFem8

DarrinS
10-22-2014, 11:45 AM
^dumb

Winehole23
10-22-2014, 11:51 AM
silly youtubes are important!

Spurminator
10-22-2014, 11:56 AM
^dumb

:lmao

Cry Havoc
10-22-2014, 12:37 PM
Thanks! We knew it would be a big hit when it was first discussed in our monthly All Progressives Forum. We knew old people and stupid people would probably be distracted and offended by the word "fuck," which is kind of the point of the video, but would likely be lost on stupid people.

President Obama himself introduced the video.

In hindsight, though, I do wish we had gone the route you Conservatives took for women's outreach. I bet this was a huge hit when you guys all got together to preview it. You really nailed it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lKYZrZzFem8

The most hilarious part about this video is the comment about how Dems are sending everyone the medical bill for injuries. Because people who aren't in healthcare and are too stupid to research it themselves don't realize that they're already getting other people's bill. The difference is, it's an emergency room bill which can easily cost tens/hundreds of thousands of dollars, vs co-paid primary care which can be two orders of magnitude cheaper, or more.

RandomGuy
10-22-2014, 12:50 PM
The most hilarious part about this video is the comment about how Dems are sending everyone the medical bill for injuries. Because people who aren't in healthcare and are too stupid to research it themselves don't realize that they're already getting other people's bill. The difference is, it's an emergency room bill which can easily cost tens/hundreds of thousands of dollars, vs co-paid primary care which can be two orders of magnitude cheaper, or more.

The "free market" brigade are more happy when the costs are all hidden.

They also don't realize that health care in the US has nothing to do with the free market.

Just ask anybody, ANYBODY, what the cost of a doctor visit and treatment is for just about anything. You can't look up the costs and make informed decisions about services.

That alone breaks down the things that make good, efficient free markets work.

Single payor would make that all far more transparent.

boutons_deux
10-22-2014, 04:44 PM

The opacity is mostly due to the complexity of private insurers "competing" for clients with impossibly incomparable,complex plans.

The over-priced, under-servicing, shitty product/shitty prices of US health care is just another way America is fucked and unfuckable. Health insurance sucks $15k/year from family of four, over 25 years, that's $400K lifted from before tax income.

SnakeBoy
10-22-2014, 05:03 PM

How much would you be willing to pay annually for a single payor system? Dollar amount to cover you and your family please.

Th'Pusher
10-22-2014, 05:43 PM
How much would you be willing to pay annually for a single payor system? Dollar amount to cover you and your family please.

$8k for family of 4 (~ $2k per individual).

SnakeBoy
10-22-2014, 08:29 PM
$8k for family of 4 (~ $2k per individual).

And there lies the problem with having single payor in this country.

Th'Pusher
10-22-2014, 08:49 PM

Profound.

boutons_deux
10-22-2014, 09:01 PM

what?

Pauly D
10-25-2014, 12:15 PM
SgNV3FbottE

lolz

the little black girl mock at 1:01 had me dying

boutons_deux
10-25-2014, 12:39 PM
Nothing. Good, wholesome stuff.

yep, figgers, all y'all right wingers missed the message entirely.