PDA

View Full Version : Blazers: Timofey Mozgov takes a bite out of Chris Kaman's head

tlongII
10-22-2014, 10:22 AM
http://www.oregonlive.com/blazers/index.ssf/2014/10/trail_blazers_timofey_mozgov_takes_a_bite_out_of_c .html#incart_social_feature

http://imgick.oregonlive.com/home/olive-media/width620/img/blazers_impact/photo/16103684-mmmain.jpg
Trail Blazers backup big man Chris Kaman was given three stitches Tuesday night after Timofey Mozgov gnawed on his head with his teeth.

BOULDER, CO. — Chris Kaman endured a bizarre injury Tuesday night that would be fitting for his reality web series.

The Trail Blazers' backup big man suffered a head laceration when Denver Nuggets center Timofey Mozgov inadvertently gnawed on it during the Blazers' 93-75 victory at Coors Events Center.

While playing defense, Kaman backed into Mozgov in an effort to box him out as a Denver player attempted a shot from the perimeter. But as Kaman pushed Mozgov, the 7-foot-1 center toppled on Kaman's back and chomped down on his head with his teeth.

"I went back pretty hard and I must've hit him in the chest," Kaman said, retelling the story. "He kind of folded over and his teeth went down on my head."

Kaman instantly cupped his head, felt a gash and blood. He was pulled from the game and taken to the locker room, where he was given three stitches. After the game, he was wearing a big bandage on his balding head, but said he felt "pretty good."

"It happened so fast, I was like, 'What the heck?" Kaman said. "I felt his teeth kind of crush me in and I was like, 'Crap, I know I'm going to need some stitches."

In addition to the stitches, Kaman was tested for a concussion by team trainers. The results were not immediately known, but Kaman said after the game he didn't think he suffered one.

His status for Wednesday's game against the Los Angeles Lakers is unclear, but if there are any concerns he suffered a concussion, he won't play. Kaman finished with four points and seven rebounds in 13 minutes against the Nuggets.

Franklin
10-22-2014, 09:35 PM
basketball version of Luis Suarez tbh.

Chris
10-23-2014, 12:50 AM
Put some duct tape on it and get back out there and play. Preseason or not fans paid good money to see the team play.