PDA

View Full Version : Seattle players don't like Russell Wilson because he isn't "black enough"

JohnnyMax
10-22-2014, 01:10 PM
http://thebiglead.com/2014/10/22/russell-wilson-is-black-enough-seahawks-players-allegedly-say/

Players said Harvin was an accelerant in a locker room that was quickly dividing between Wilson and anti-Wilson. ... There is also an element of race that needs to be discussed. My feeling on this - and it's backed up by several interviews with Seahawks players - is that some of the black players think Wilson isn't black enough.

This, again, was similar to the situation with McNabb [versus Terrell Owens]. And this, again, will be denied by Seattle people. But there is an element of this. This is an issue that extends outside of football, into African-American society - though it's gotten better recently. Well-spoken blacks are seen by some other blacks as not completely black. Some of this is at play.

Avante
10-22-2014, 01:25 PM
I do doubt if President Obama looked like James Brown he'd be in the White House regardless of anything else. If you weren't told he is black you'd never guess it.

Russell Wilson is something special and everyone knows this. The best combo of passing/inteligence/running we've seen. He's already doing things never done before by anyone. He couldn't do that if he was "classic" black. Warren Moon wasn't "classic" black. Geno Smith is.

When you're on top like RW/Seattle, we start seeing silly shit like that, it's a shame.

I do have this little theory that teammates don't like seeing others doing all those TV commercials and making all that extra $$$$$. I know, but what about Peyton/Rodgers, like I said just a theory.

The Gemini Method
10-22-2014, 01:37 PM
I've seen people deny this--but its true. You see the element of jealousy between the blacks who are fortunate to be educated and successful and those that hold on to the 'streets'. I'm sure this is the case to an extent in the locker room. He isn't in your face nor should he have to be. You can argue his disingenuous nature but he is riding the wave of success. One of the most marketable on that team. Perhaps the success of the team is beginning to build the inevitable egos you see whenever success finds a team void of it. People begin to believe in themselves a little bit too much and it gets in the way of the hunger that got them to the pinnacle of their sport.

Chris
10-22-2014, 01:43 PM
Steve Young is something special and everyone knows this. The best combo of passing/inteligence/running we've seen; fify

Spur-Addict
10-22-2014, 01:49 PM
It's false to state that Wilson takes no responsibility for errant passes. I watch a large portion of post game, and practice interviews and he's always taking responsibility for his short comings. He also expresses his desire consistently to improve upon those shortcomings. He has consistently improved so that's not disingenuous. As far as race relations is concerned, if this report is true, it's more of a reflection of how each community should be represented. If the majority of the black community, or just a portion of the community represented in the Hawk locker room believes that the black community should represent a certain way even to the detriment to the overall community, then that's an ideology which is something they themselves should examine. And even though their perception is harming their own communities, let them be relegated to a small voice, and it should not be empowered within the Hawk community as it would only create divisiveness. Teams cannot function for longevity this way, they are doomed to break apart with this approach. If they think Wilson should subscribe to stereotypes, and perpetuate ridiculousness, then try to get cut and play for Jameis Winston when he turns pro. Stealing crab legs, having rape charges brought upon you, shitting on hall of fame talent like Bo Jackson who tried to mentor you certainly isn't a perception any minority player in general should strive for.

The Gemini Method
10-22-2014, 01:51 PM
We stealin' crab legs and murdering hookers out here...this real life cuz.

Spur-Addict
10-22-2014, 01:55 PM
We stealin' crab legs and murdering hookers out here...this real life cuz.

Betta get in wurr you fit in sonnnnnn. Don't talk bout it, you betta be bout it. Crooked letta, E, A, T, T, L, E.

DPG21920
10-22-2014, 06:23 PM
I've seen people deny this--but its true. You see the element of jealousy between the blacks who are fortunate to be educated and successful and those that hold on to the 'streets'. I'm sure this is the case to an extent in the locker room. He isn't in your face nor should he have to be. You can argue his disingenuous nature but he is riding the wave of success. One of the most marketable on that team. Perhaps the success of the team is beginning to build the inevitable egos you see whenever success finds a team void of it. People begin to believe in themselves a little bit too much and it gets in the way of the hunger that got them to the pinnacle of their sport.

Ya - guys like Sherman are the biggest examples of this. Dude is all about me. He gets salty when other players get paid even though he was just paid. He constantly checks his stats and posts them on social media. He can't take any criticism at all and is so insecure and egotistical that it probably plays a huge part it the locker room being like it is. Me guys who get mad at anyone else who has success.

DeadlyDynasty
10-23-2014, 09:51 AM
:lolbootleg nigga

KoolAid Mans Brother
10-23-2014, 09:57 AM
http://i.imgur.com/ezUt2s7.jpg

spurraider21
10-23-2014, 10:54 AM
Brady Quinn on Dan Patrick show: "now I know why I got cut. If Russell isn't black enough then I never stood a chance"

benefactor
10-23-2014, 11:28 AM
So they are disrupting a championship team's chemistry because the resident ghetto nigs think Wilson is too white?

:lol spooks

The Gemini Method
10-23-2014, 11:33 AM
Being black I sometimes see this in my hood, cuz. Gots to be real in the streets nawimean?

benefactor
10-23-2014, 12:12 PM
Educated whites can't stand white trash. That's why we spend so much time making fun of Oklahoma, Arkansas, deep east Texas, etc. It's gotta be a hundred times worse for educated blacks though. I can't even imagine what it's like having the majority of your race hate you and call you "not black enough" because you are actually smart.

Obstructed_View
10-23-2014, 12:18 PM
Roger Staubach is something special and everyone knows this. The best combo of passing/inteligence/running we've seen.
FIFYAC

Obstructed_View
10-23-2014, 12:24 PM
Educated whites can't stand white trash. That's why we spend so much time making fun of Oklahoma, Arkansas, deep east Texas, etc. It's gotta be a hundred times worse for educated blacks though. I can't even imagine what it's like having the majority of your race hate you and call you "not black enough" because you are actually smart.

I have a feeling it's not the majority, but people are reluctant to challenge it. Harvin's a loud angry moron and shames other morons into agreeing with him.

Avante
10-23-2014, 12:39 PM
I can see where a bunch of dumb/street thugs if not for football blacks wouldn't like an intelligent class act like Russell Wilson. I'm curious how they could actually communicate with him, with the obvious difference in smarts.

You can see....stupid...by just looking at Marshawn Lynchs face.

JamStone
10-23-2014, 12:42 PM
I believe it and the level of stupidity is astounding. These same black athletes who don't think Wilson is black enough would be best buddies with guys like Jason Williams (white chocolate) and Eminem because they act "black" for whiteboys.

SupremeGuy
10-23-2014, 05:39 PM
Brady Quinn on Dan Patrick show: "now I know why I got cut. If Russell isn't black enough then I never stood a chance":lol

BanditHiro
10-23-2014, 07:37 PM
eh the real issue is the fact they know the guy is about to be paid 100 million dollars for the work that the majority of the team did winning the SB

Malik Hairston
10-23-2014, 07:58 PM
I agree with Bandit, I don't think this is about Wilson's level of "Black", tbh..

It's mostly a money issue..can't really blame the other Seahawks for their resentment of Wilson, as he was mostly useless in the playoffs last year, yet has received the majority of the credit..

FkLA
10-24-2014, 08:44 PM

Where did you get your college degree? :lol

But other than that I agree. A dumbass nigga like Harden that goes to scrip clubs to make it rain will have black players' respect but not a guy like Wilson. Thats some backwards ass shit. It's a culture that objectifies women and glorifies the fast lifestyle which I've never understood--it's a big reason why I could never get into rap much. You listen to almost any other genre and it's about love, you listen to rap and it's about hoes and money. There's plenty of honest, good-hearted blacks but until they make up the majority shit like this is going to keep happening. I would be ashamed of this if I was black tbh.

benefactor
10-24-2014, 09:11 PM
Degrees are only pieces of paper that get you ahead in the professional world. Anyone with critical thinking ability, the desire to learn and an internet connection can be an educated person.

J.T.
10-25-2014, 08:42 AM

It's not really white trash that's the problem...it's the people that should be educated whites but choose to act like a fucking wigger all the time because they'd rather be black than white, or they really like Lil Wayne so they identify with being black more in order to act like they have more cred when talking about rap. It's ironically hilarious because the rappers they idolize probably live more like white people than they do.

Avante
10-25-2014, 01:20 PM
There are tons of black NFLers who if not football would have been your basic street punk/thug, Marshawn Lynch a perfect example, anyone ever been to Oakland after dark?

Wilson is educated, I'd bet he has read books something few blacks do, I can see him listening to classic soul and jazz as opposed to gangsta rap and all that silly shit that you will outgrow. While the other blacks wouldn't know Richard Wright, James Baldwin and Langston Hughes from Adam. So RW is going to come off as being above them which they aren't going to like.

Look at how cool/intelligent RW comes off when dealing with the media compared to guys like TO, Randy Moss, Chad Johnson, etc etc etc. Hell. look at Kaepernick, cat shows up at an interview with his hat all turned sideways, yep....DUH!

Compare a RW interview with this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BRIXLWMudxs

pgardn
10-26-2014, 10:00 AM
This all comes back to the coach not understanding how to handle losing after letting players run their mouths.
What ya gonna do now Petey? Where is that fun guy who can get discipline while losing?

And Richard Sherman praising Dez Bryant on the field while Dez beats his butt... Hate everyone Richard. This respect crap is going too far, try to win the damn game instead of obsessing over your personal match ups.

Clipper Nation
10-26-2014, 10:19 AM
Lynch wants out now: http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/11767085/seattle-seahawks-tire-marshawn-lynch

:lol Struggle about to be exposed... sorry, Seattle fans, but The Curse has finally taken its toll.

AlexJones
10-26-2014, 10:45 AM
Congratulations to HH and the greatest QB in the history of the NFL. Who the fuck is going to beat the Broncos now?

FkLA
10-26-2014, 03:56 PM
As I tell my white friends, we as black people, we’re never going to be successful, not because of you white people, but because of other black people. When you’re black, you have to deal with so much crap in your life from other black people. It’s a—It’s a dirty, dark secret; I’m glad it’s coming out. It comes out every few years. I wrote a big chapter in my book about it, to be honest with you.

I said, you know, when young black kids, you know, when they do well in school, the loser kids tell them, ‘Oh, you’re acting white.’ The kids who speak intelligently—

They tell them, ‘You’re acting white.’ So it’s a dirty, dark secret in the black community.

One of the reasons we’re never going to be successful as a whole, because of other black people. And for some reason we are brainwashed to think, if you’re not a thug or an idiot, you’re not black enough. If you go to school, make good grades, speak intelligent, and don’t break the law, you’re not a good black person. And it’s a dirty, dark secret, Anthony.

Most, I—I heard Stephen A. [Smith] talkin about it, and it, listen, I hate to bring white people into our crap, but as a black person, we all go through it when you’re successful. Uh, you know it’s like one of the reasons, you know, one of the reasons a lot of black players go broke is because when you’re successful your friends say to you, ‘Oh, you ain’t cool. You ain’t down with us anymore.’

And you end up giving up all your money to these damn losers, and you end up broke again.

But it’s a dirty, dark secret in the black community. There are a lot of black people who are unintelligent, who don’t have, uh, success. It’s best to knock a successful black person down because they’re intelligent, they speak well, they do well in school, and they’re successful. And they don’t..if you think about it—

Anthony Gargano: Well it’s crabs in a barrel, right?

It’s crabs in a barrel. The thing that’s hap—we’re the only race that tell people if you don’t have street cred, with like, that means you been arrested—

Like, like that’s a compliment. We’re the only ethnic group who say, ‘Hey, if you go to jail, it gives you street cred.’ It’s just typical BS that goes on when you’re black, man. But don’t waste a lot of time on it please.

http://www.ijreview.com/2014/10/192471-charles-barkley-goes-brainwashed-think-youre-thug-idiot-youre-black-enough/

Charles always tells it like it is tbh. :tu