PDA

View Full Version : Lakers: Fans, repare for another disastrous season tbh...

whitemamba
10-22-2014, 03:32 PM
We are finished for a few years, management has steered us downhill. Kobe might as well go for the scoring title, and keep us entertained. In the meantime keep regulating these spur nut huggers, well be back.

Killakobe81
10-22-2014, 03:37 PM
Prepare?
Not sure why anyone thought it would be different. Only players I will enjoy watching are Kobe, Randle, Swaggy when he is hot, Clarkson, Lin (in pnr only) and Ed Davis (rim protection only) other wise this team lacks defense reliable 3 point shooting a legit SF and center. We will miss playoffs even if we win a few extra games this year. We will keep our pick and draft another young stud to complement Randle. Accept it.

ElNono
10-22-2014, 03:48 PM
Rel:lolad

RsxPiimp
10-22-2014, 03:50 PM
Im one of the few who still believes they will make the playoffs. But the rest of the team needs to be healthy. A lot of these players will push to have career years, this being their contract years (Lin, Hill, Davis, X) I'm not counting on Nash anymore, dude is done and Wes will basically be out of the league next year. If those guys plays above their usual expectation level along with Randle, Clarkson giving us decent minutes/production, the Lakers will fight for a playoff spot. Kobe will have his up and down season, 23 ppt, 4 rpg 5 apg 43% is probably his ceiling this year.

Mitch will also pull another big trade midseason. The Lakers have plenty of expirings this year. If the right offer comes along, prepare another highway robbery that will piss the fuck out of every fan base. :lol

Killakobe81
10-22-2014, 03:56 PM
Im one of the few who still believes they will make the playoffs. But the rest of the team needs to be healthy. A lot of these players will push to have career years, this being their contract years (Lin, Hill, Davis, X) I'm not counting on Nash anymore, dude is done and Wes will basically be out of the league next year. If those guys plays above their usual expectation level along with Randle, Clarkson giving us decent minutes/production, the Lakers will fight for a playoff spot. Kobe will have his up and down season, 23 ppt, 4 rpg 5 apg 43% is probably his ceiling this year.

Mitch will also pull another big trade midseason. The Lakers have plenty of expirings this year. If the right offer comes along, prepare another highway robbery that will piss the fuck out of every fan base. :lol

Yo live in colorado? Smoking that ish?! look I did not have high hopes for my Cowboys and they have pleasantly surprised. who would have predicted two Mississippi schools in the top 3 in CFB? Or Royals in World Series? Teams surprise, upsets happen and even borderline sports miracles are possible. But I doubt we make playoffs. I want us to win no one here or anywhere is a bigger Laker fan than me, but Im no blind homer. We stink. In fact, if things look bad after 25 games I am finding a no-limit tank pendant on e-bay and will wear it to the select few Lakers games I will attend in Sa, DFW or Houston (along with my Kobe jersey)

lefty
10-22-2014, 03:57 PM
Reprepare

RsxPiimp
10-22-2014, 04:02 PM
Yo live in colorado? Smoking that ish?! look I did not have high hopes for my Cowboys and they have pleasantly surprised. who would have predicted two Mississippi schools in the top 3 in CFB? Or Royals in World Series? Teams surprise, upsets happen and even borderline sports miracles are possible. But I doubt we make playoffs. I want us to win no one here or anywhere is a bigger Laker fan than me, but Im no blind homer. We stink. In fact, if things look bad after 25 games I am finding a no-limit tank pendant on e-bay and will wear it to the select few Lakers games I will attend in Sa, DFW or Houston (along with my Kobe jersey)

With the current state of the team, of course we wouldn't. Half of the team isn't playing :lol

If they're healthy though (meaning the core pieces playing at least 70-80 games) I wouldn't count them out. Last year's Lakers were playing 500 ball till January when injury finally took over. This cast is better than last year, and I know that's not saying much but they could surprise a lot of people.

Im liking the Lin, Davis and Randle connection. Eitherway, if they stink, a least the team would be fun to watch.

Killakobe81
10-22-2014, 04:09 PM
With the current state of the team, of course we wouldn't. Half of the team isn't playing :lol

If they're healthy though (meaning the core pieces playing at least 70-80 games) I wouldn't count them out. Last year's Lakers were playing 500 ball till January when injury finally took over. This cast is better than last year, and I know that's not saying much but they could surprise a lot of people.

Im liking the Lin, Davis and Randle connection. Eitherway, if they stink, a least the team would be fun to watch.

e I like the personality of this team ...sans Boozer who I hate!!! No one yells louder for a uncontested rebound or over a missed "gimmie". He is just a "fake hustle" player and it makes me sick. But like the rest of the team except wes Johnson who has turned a couple fluke games for and against us in to another contract, smh ...

Leetonidas
10-22-2014, 04:26 PM
:lol Kool thinking Wes fucking Johnson was going to be a huge pickup
:lol confused with Wes Matthews

Clipper Nation
10-22-2014, 05:04 PM
:lol Blaming "management" for Kirby running off any half-decent free agent

Spur-Addict
10-22-2014, 05:45 PM

Pretty much this :lol

DPG21920
10-22-2014, 06:02 PM
Who on Earth can enjoy watching Swaggy P play :lol? He is the epitome of everything losing is about.

HI-FI
10-22-2014, 06:31 PM
Lakers will eventually be back because they are the premiere team for frontrunners and bandwagoners, so the league has to prop them up from time to time. Rapist merchandise won't sell itself. So expect another dubious draft, bs trade or FT debacle.

daslicer
10-22-2014, 07:13 PM
Lakers will eventually be back because they are the premiere team for frontrunners and bandwagoners, so the league has to prop them up from time to time. Rapist merchandise won't sell itself. So expect another dubious draft, bs trade or FT debacle.

They could get a great draft pick but there is no trade out there that can save them this time around. Kobe needs a great 7fter to win a title with but there is no great 7 fter available on the open market for a trade.I don't see any great big out there the Lakers can steal this time around in a bs trade. The Gasol trade is a trade that happens only once every 30 years much like the spurs getting lucky and drafting another Duncan. Bottom line Lakers will be crap this year.

Thebesteva
10-22-2014, 07:26 PM

And u think I'm an idiot? :lol

RsxPiimp
10-22-2014, 07:31 PM
And u think I'm an idiot? :lol

Yes, a lot of us do think you're an idiot for being owned in your own thread:lol

Thebesteva
10-22-2014, 07:37 PM
Yes, a lot of us do think you're an idiot for being owned in your own thread:lol

Oh, you say us to validate your arguments. One of those guys...

whitemamba
10-22-2014, 07:43 PM

Management hired the coaches.
managment got Nash, Dwight etc.
managment paid Nash 10 mill
managment gave kobe the 48.5

You must enjoy getting bukkaked :lol

Clipper Nation
10-22-2014, 07:48 PM
Management hired the coaches.
managment got Nash, Dwight etc.
managment paid Nash 10 mill
managment gave kobe the 48.5
Kirby keeps running off the coaches
Kirby ran off Dwight
Kirby demanded the 48.5

elmanutres
10-22-2014, 09:34 PM
http://www.deconstructionservices.com/img/RebuildLogo.jpg

100%duncan
10-22-2014, 09:44 PM
"Spurs nut huggers".... continues to post in "Spurs"'talk :lol

100%duncan
10-22-2014, 09:45 PM

wtf Bruh? :lol

InRareForm
10-22-2014, 09:52 PM
I kinda wish they were decent. I love watching more basketball living here in Los Angeles.

Splits
10-22-2014, 09:53 PM

http://forums.lakersground.net/viewtopic.php?t=170142

Reck
10-22-2014, 09:54 PM
The "repare" been going strong for 4 years now. :lol

lefty
10-22-2014, 11:49 PM
http://images.wikia.com/creepypasta/images/4/42/Creepy-8.gif

Killakobe81
10-22-2014, 11:51 PM
Who on Earth can enjoy watching Swaggy P play :lol? He is the epitome of everything losing is about.

We gonna lose regardless. He is perfect for a subtle tankjob

CitizenDwayne
10-23-2014, 12:24 AM
We gonna lose regardless. He is perfect for a subtle tankjob

First time the word "subtle" has ever been used to describe the Swagster.

Killakobe81
10-23-2014, 12:40 AM
True, at face value but fans liked him He dates a pop star if we gonna lose might as well be with some swag

HI-FI
10-23-2014, 12:44 AM
i can't hate swaggy p, funny guy and fucking the preeminent butterface.

whitemamba
10-23-2014, 02:56 AM
Kirby keeps running off the coaches
Kirby ran off Dwight
Kirby demanded the 48.5

Pacific Division Champs.

ambchang
10-23-2014, 06:28 AM
Question.

Other than dropped when he was a baby RsxPimp, anyone here thinks that this year's lakers will be the direct opposite of the Dwight lakers?

In other words, expected to be horrible but somehow did way better vs expected to be nba champs but somehow got swept in the first.

Maybe Kobe will finally decide to play team ball and can finally lead the lakers to something significant without coattail riding the best big in the league.

pookenstein
10-23-2014, 07:05 AM
Seems like some of the folks @ LG have high hopes for the upcoming season...:

Who cares, The author doesn't even get LA's issues right. he says they'll have a decent offense, but horrible defense, when O is their biggest worry.

Lakers will win 50+ games, and be one of the Top 5 defenses. Kobe will be a 25/5/5 player, and possible MVP. This team reminds me of the Net teams Scott had in NJ. Not alot of size, but gutty, and a star to lead.

http://forums.lakersground.net/viewtopic.php?t=170472&postdays=0&postorder=asc******=25

:lol

djohn2oo8
10-23-2014, 07:47 AM
Question.

Other than dropped when he was a baby RsxPimp, anyone here thinks that this year's lakers will be the direct opposite of the Dwight lakers?

In other words, expected to be horrible but somehow did way better vs expected to be nba champs but somehow got swept in the first.

Maybe Kobe will finally decide to play team ball and can finally lead the lakers to something significant without coattail riding the best big in the league.
Not at all. Remember that time where the media proclaimed him to be Kobe Johnson because he was passing the ball a lot, that lasted for about 3,games.

Killakobe81
10-23-2014, 07:57 AM
Not at all. Remember that time where the media proclaimed him to be Kobe Johnson because he was passing the ball a lot, that lasted for about 3,games.

not true he did for the last what 15-18 games to get us in playoffs when we were injured ...

No I dont think that happens this year that team still had (limited) Dwight, Pau etc. This team is much worse and even if he passed the ball they are NOT making playoffs in stacked West. Best case is Lakers get some Linsanity magic and he allows Kobe not to have to be the creator. I think Kobe will have to work hard enough to be solid on defense and our main post threat on offense. Scott should place the rock in Lin's hands and hope Randle figures it out sonner than expected. Sure, Lin is overrated but that is only way this team has any shot at the playoffs. Which is sad, tbh.

ambchang
10-23-2014, 08:13 AM
not true he did for the last what 15-18 games to get us in playoffs when we were injured ...

No I dont think that happens this year that team still had (limited) Dwight, Pau etc. This team is much worse and even if he passed the ball they are NOT making playoffs in stacked West. Best case is Lakers get some Linsanity magic and he allows Kobe not to have to be the creator. I think Kobe will have to work hard enough to be solid on defense and our main post threat on offense. Scott should place the rock in Lin's hands and hope Randle figures it out sonner than expected. Sure, Lin is overrated but that is only way this team has any shot at the playoffs. Which is sad, tbh.

I also remember those curious coincidences of the Lakers suddenly feasting on FTs every game, and how every team that was in 8th seed was suddenly having this huge FT disparity in every game. It was absolutely hilarious.

Killakobe81
10-23-2014, 08:30 AM
I also remember those curious coincidences of the Lakers suddenly feasting on FTs every game, and how every team that was in 8th seed was suddenly having this huge FT disparity in every game. It was absolutely hilarious.

come on now didnt take you for a conspiracy guy. Lakers had Kobe and Dwight of course they got lot's of FT's ...stars get FT's they had two of the biggest at the time.

ambchang
10-23-2014, 09:04 AM
come on now didnt take you for a conspiracy guy. Lakers had Kobe and Dwight of course they got lot's of FT's ...stars get FT's they had two of the biggest at the time.

The problem wasn't about them getting a lot of FTs, it was about them suddenly getting a bigger FT discrepancy over a meaningful sample size when they were in the hunt for an 8 seed. It was absolutely hilarious.

This is the original post:

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=212673&highlight=FTA

Killakobe81
10-23-2014, 09:21 AM
The problem wasn't about them getting a lot of FTs, it was about them suddenly getting a bigger FT discrepancy over a meaningful sample size when they were in the hunt for an 8 seed. It was absolutely hilarious.

This is the original post:

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=212673&highlight=FTA

But honestly, how many of those games did you watch? If very little, then your analysis is shit. and I wont go back to that thread I watched the games. I watched at least 90% of them. Granted I dont pay attention to FT disparity much because I think those things even out over time. And tbh, it's a bad habit of players/fans/coaches to blame refs. I used to ref and I used to coach. I started coaching again and I hate when my players allow it to impact their play.Do I occasionally think refs do a poor job ..of course. But not because they are out to get me or the teams I support or coach. Refs have no reason to play favorites all players/coaches treat them like crap from time-to-time.

Blaming refs, crying conspiracy is for the weak tbh ...

Killakobe81
10-23-2014, 09:23 AM
I also hate when Lakers fans whine that refs allowing PErk/Brown/KG to bully Pau or Posey/Tony allen/Pierce to rough up Kobe as the reason we lost in 2008. Celts were better. Were they physical? Absolutely. But did those refs favor the Celts over the Lakers? To what end? It's just excuse making. same with 2004 vs. Pistons sometimes the other team is just better.

ambchang
10-23-2014, 09:58 AM
But honestly, how many of those games did you watch? If very little, then your analysis is shit. and I wont go back to that thread I watched the games. I watched at least 90% of them. Granted I dont pay attention to FT disparity much because I think those things even out over time. And tbh, it's a bad habit of players/fans/coaches to blame refs. I used to ref and I used to coach. I started coaching again and I hate when my players allow it to impact their play.Do I occasionally think refs do a poor job ..of course. But not because they are out to get me or the teams I support or coach. Refs have no reason to play favorites all players/coaches treat them like crap from time-to-time.

Blaming refs, crying conspiracy is for the weak tbh ...

I watched none, but for this trend to come in at such a sensitive time is curious at best. And I call you out on watching 90% of the games, because you didn't watch 40 Jazz, Rockets and GSW games that year.

The numbers are all there, you can choose to ignore it, but I have never imagined a league would be this transparent in pushing a team towards the playoffs. The GSW was one of the worst officiated games in the last few years (and yes, watched it because how can I not watch a game Kobe blew his Achilles?)

ambchang
10-23-2014, 09:58 AM
I also hate when Lakers fans whine that refs allowing PErk/Brown/KG to bully Pau or Posey/Tony allen/Pierce to rough up Kobe as the reason we lost in 2008. Celts were better. Were they physical? Absolutely. But did those refs favor the Celts over the Lakers? To what end? It's just excuse making. same with 2004 vs. Pistons sometimes the other team is just better.

The Lakers got even though. 20+ FTA in the 4th quarter of Game 7 don't lie.

Killakobe81
10-23-2014, 10:04 AM
I watched none, but for this trend to come in at such a sensitive time is curious at best. And I call you out on watching 90% of the games, because you didn't watch 40 Jazz, Rockets and GSW games that year.

The numbers are all there, you can choose to ignore it, but I have never imagined a league would be this transparent in pushing a team towards the playoffs. The GSW was one of the worst officiated games in the last few years (and yes, watched it because how can I not watch a game Kobe blew his Achilles?)

90% of the last 20 Lakers games, obviously. Maybe 25% of the other teams why would I watch those? And thanks for the "transparency" in admitting you watched the "achilles game" for that reason. "I dont hate Kobe" .

LOl yes, you do. And you have every right. Just stop acting like you love Pau or trying to right some injustice.

Jodelo
10-23-2014, 10:47 AM
They were also videos about those "free throws". :lol

Killakobe81
10-23-2014, 10:57 AM
They were also videos about those "free throws". :lol

Big deal. Lot's of videos from butthurt fans all over the interwebs. Most are posters as shitty as the worst of the bunch here.

Killakobe81
10-23-2014, 10:59 AM
I love the Ewing frozen envelope ones that simmons used to pimp on his page. do you know how crazy y'all sound. If that type of stuff happened why would Stern gift yall duncan/robinson over the Celts? why allow San Antonio vs. NJ?

whitemamba
10-23-2014, 12:23 PM
Question.

lol

ambchang
10-23-2014, 02:59 PM
90% of the last 20 Lakers games, obviously. Maybe 25% of the other teams why would I watch those? And thanks for the "transparency" in admitting you watched the "achilles game" for that reason. "I dont hate Kobe" .

LOl yes, you do. And you have every right. Just stop acting like you love Pau or trying to right some injustice.

Watching him get injured is hating him? I didn't get any joy out of it, I got a few good laughs because he got 2 FTs out of it though. The Lakers shot some ridiculous amount of FTs in that game. It was just a horrible, horrible game from an officiating standpoint. Just an embarrassment to the league.

BatManu20
10-23-2014, 03:31 PM
All jokes aside, Lakers will overachieve this season imo. I think they'll slip into the playoffs in that 8 spot but will bounced in Round 1.

RD2191
10-23-2014, 03:36 PM
All jokes aside, Lakers will overachieve this season imo. I think they'll slip into the playoffs in that 8 spot but will bounced in Round 1.
I don't see it. Spurs/OKC, Mavs/Rockets, Grizz/Clips, Suns/Warriors, Blazers, West is just too stacked.

StrengthAndHonor
10-23-2014, 05:29 PM
It would take an extreme amount of luck for the Lakers to make the playoffs, by luck I mean injuries to other teams or a sudden collapse due to chemistry issues.

Spurs, Clippers, OKC and the Warriors could survive the season despite of injuries because they are deep enough and have a good foundation to win games. I couldn't say the same for the rest, Memphis struggled without Gasol, the Blazers would suffer without Aldridge or Lillard and the same applies to Houston who lost a good amount of talent this offseason. Same with the Mavericks.

Even if injuries plague one of the bottom four teams I mentioned, the Lakers would need a surreal performance from its role players to carry the load when Kobe is having one of his 30% shooting nights. There is no Pau or Dwight to pick up the slack this time around. Now Lin, could potentially have another career year and the rest of the guys could actually buy into Scott's philosophy and be the surprise of the season but that's really a conjecture most logical fans wouldn't touch.

djohn2oo8
10-23-2014, 05:31 PM
It would take an extreme amount of luck for the Lakers to make the playoffs, by luck I mean injuries to other teams or a sudden collapse due to chemistry issues.

Spurs, Clippers, OKC and the Warriors could survive the season despite of injuries because they are deep enough and have a good foundation to win games. I couldn't say the same for the rest, Memphis struggled without Gasol, the Blazers would suffer without Aldridge or Lillard and the same applies to Houston who lost a good amount of talent this offseason. Same with the Mavericks.

Even if injuries plague one of the bottom four teams I mentioned, the Lakers would need a surreal performance from its role players to carry the load when Kobe is having one of his 30% shooting nights. There is no Pau or Dwight to pick up the slack this time around. Now Lin, could potentially have another career year and the rest of the guys could actually buy into Scott's philosophy and be the surprise of the season but that's really a conjecture most logical fans wouldn't touch.
What good amount of talent did Houston lose?

StrengthAndHonor
10-23-2014, 05:34 PM
Oh god, I'm not going to go there with you DJohn :lol This is going to be a lengthy debate. We'll save that and analyze when the season rolls.

djohn2oo8
10-23-2014, 05:46 PM
Oh god, I'm not going to go there with you DJohn :lol This is going to be a lengthy debate. We'll save that and analyze when the season rolls.

Simple question...Asik only played around 30 games last year. Lin is Lin. And even if you keep Parsons, there is still a hole at starting PF.

DMC
10-23-2014, 05:52 PM
We are finished for a few years, management has steered us downhill. Kobe might as well go for the scoring title, and keep us entertained. In the meantime keep regulating these spur nut huggers, well be back.
Welcome to 3 fucking years ago on ST. We told you this shit was coming way back then, but no.. you needed to taste the rancid offering yourself.

DMC
10-23-2014, 05:54 PM
How is that overachieving for a team with a 50 million dollar player, a 7th overall pick, b2b MP3 Nash and and Carlos "Death of Sloan" Boozer?

whitemamba
10-23-2014, 07:45 PM
Welcome to 3 fucking years ago on ST. We told you this shit was coming way back then, but no.. you needed to taste the rancid offering yourself.

Relax monkey boy, I still will support the purple and gold.

Thebesteva
10-23-2014, 07:47 PM
Relax monkey boy, I still will support the purple and gold.

How's that cream pie tasting Whitemamba?

whitemamba
10-23-2014, 10:43 PM
How's that cream pie tasting Whitemamba?

Ask ur momma