PDA

View Full Version : OH HEY IM MAX AAAAND....

Monkeyboy14
10-22-2014, 06:59 PM
I would love your help!!

I know I look fucking stupid in this vid buuuut thats not the point!
I would be grateful to anyone who could help out!

If you can't, maybe a quick share on facebook or twitter maybe yes? :toast

This is just starting today so you could be the first!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WIb0dtIDfR0&list=UUcf2Z_Igh-xW9J-sT8l1LXQ

Link to the actually Kickstarter page: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1910563064/nashville-singer-songwriter-max-walkers-new-ep

ChumpDumper
10-22-2014, 07:09 PM
Dude has enough money and equipment to make that video and demo. Get some paying gigs, save some money from your job at the movie theater and voila!

EP funding.

DJR210
10-22-2014, 07:12 PM
Good luck with that

Monkeyboy14
10-22-2014, 07:16 PM
Dude has enough money and equipment to make that video and demo. Get some paying gigs, save some money from your job at the movie theater and voila!

EP funding.
video cost 50 bucks bud

ChumpDumper
10-22-2014, 07:20 PM
video cost 50 bucks budWell you should pay that dude another $50 to make your EP.

Problem solved.

Monkeyboy14
10-22-2014, 07:22 PM
Well you should pay that dude another $50 to make your EP.

Problem solved.

Oh yea you're right! I forgot a video editor is the same thing is a producer, mixer, sound engineer, and mastering. Damn how did I forget that

Monkeyboy14
10-22-2014, 07:26 PM
Im not just some piece of shit kid asking for money, I have put in the work, got signed with embassy music, and am now trying to take that next step. While embassy has helped me a lot, they are not a music Label and cannot fund a full professional EP. All im trying to do is give myself a chance to succeed. You don't have to donate or help if you don't want to, its your choice. But understand where im coming from.

tlongII
10-22-2014, 07:39 PM
Im not just some piece of shit kid asking for money, I have put in the work, got signed with embassy music, and am now trying to take that next step. While embassy has helped me a lot, they are not a music Label and cannot fund a full professional EP. All im trying to do is give myself a chance to succeed. You don't have to donate or help if you don't want to, its your choice. But understand where im coming from.

I'm glad we got that cleared up! :lol

Monkeyboy14
10-22-2014, 07:46 PM
I'm glad we got that cleared up! :lol
I mean.. you CAAAAN, you will be able to say you helped me out before I got hugely famous :hat

ChumpDumper
10-22-2014, 07:55 PM
Im not just some piece of shit kid asking for money, I have put in the work, got signed with embassy music, and am now trying to take that next step. While embassy has helped me a lot, they are not a music Label and cannot fund a full professional EP. All im trying to do is give myself a chance to succeed. You don't have to donate or help if you don't want to, its your choice. But understand where im coming from.Oh, so you aren't really signed.

Ok.

Good luck.

hehateme
10-22-2014, 07:57 PM
guitardude27 is that you...

Monkeyboy14
10-22-2014, 07:59 PM
Oh, so you aren't really signed.

Ok.

Good luck.

no not with a label.. like i just said.

idk why you are making this a vs. thing

You must be insecure

ChumpDumper
10-22-2014, 08:04 PM

You must be insecureNo one is making this a vs. thing.

You are being defensive.

Relax.

Monkeyboy14
10-22-2014, 08:09 PM
No one is making this a vs. thing.

You are being defensive.

Relax.

whatever man, no one is making you donate or share the video, sooo if you are not interested there is no reason to be posting

ChumpDumper
10-22-2014, 08:09 PM
whatever man, no one is making you donate or share the video, sooo if you are not interested there is no reason to be postingThere's always a reason to be posting.

Relax.

Monkeyboy14
10-22-2014, 08:11 PM
There's always a reason to be posting.

Relax.
suck my butt

ChumpDumper
10-22-2014, 08:28 PM
suck my buttYou might get some donations just for that tbh.

Monkeyboy14
10-22-2014, 08:30 PM
You might get some donations just for that tbh.
:lol whatever it takes I guess

TheSanityAnnex
10-22-2014, 09:15 PM
whatever man, no one is making you donate or share the video, sooo if you are not interested there is no reason to be posting
Lol you are telling that to a guy nearing 100,000 posts.

best of luck dude, I don't care much for your voice but that guitar intro at the beginning was very cool.

Spur-Addict
10-22-2014, 09:21 PM

You must be insecure

:lol

Avante
10-22-2014, 09:31 PM
Very nice Max, you got "it".

Ever toyed with a slide?

Monkeyboy14
10-22-2014, 09:56 PM
Very nice Max, you got "it".

Ever toyed with a slide?
i have before, not huge on it, slide only fit a very specific style haha but a good style at that!

Monkeyboy14
10-22-2014, 09:56 PM
Lol you are telling that to a guy nearing 100,000 posts.

best of luck dude, I don't care much for your voice but that guitar intro at the beginning was very cool.
i appreciate it man

Avante
10-22-2014, 10:11 PM
i have before, not huge on it, slide only fit a very specific style haha but a good style at that!

Ever listen to the old blues guitarists like Robert Johnson?

DJR210
10-22-2014, 10:12 PM
Oh yea you're right! I forgot a video editor is the same thing is a producer, mixer, sound engineer, and mastering. Damn how did I forget that

You're a real dick for a begger

Avante
10-22-2014, 10:37 PM
You're a real dick for a begger

Shut up ya fucking faggot, the guy has talent.

Ignore this dick head Max.

Monkeyboy14
10-22-2014, 10:40 PM
Ever listen to the old blues guitarists like Robert Johnson?
oh yeah, robert johnson is the man! I actually did a project on him in high school haha

DJR210
10-22-2014, 10:41 PM
Shut up ya fucking faggot, the guy has talent.

Ignore this dick head Max.

Chill pedo, you only like him because you think he's 14

bigzak25
10-22-2014, 10:43 PM
Fuck the haters man, good luck to you.

Monkeyboy14
10-22-2014, 10:46 PM
Fuck the haters man, good luck to you.
thank you sir

Avante
10-22-2014, 10:50 PM
oh yeah, robert johnson is the man! I actually did a project on him in high school haha

Yes he is, I knew ya knew your stuff.

Avante
10-22-2014, 10:51 PM
Chill pedo, you only like him because you think he's 14

Hey stupid why not watch the video, if you had of ya dumb fuck you'd know he's not 14.

Stupid bitch, sheesh!

Monkeyboy14
10-22-2014, 11:03 PM
Yes he is, I knew ya knew your stuff.
Im just a fan of music man, you cant be a fan of music without a little RJ haha

Avante
10-22-2014, 11:07 PM
Im just a fan of music man, you cant be a fan of music without a little RJ haha

You got it Max, yep...nailed it!

DMC
10-23-2014, 01:17 AM
I'll give you 50 dollars if you post a video of you trying to suck your own cock.

Avante
10-23-2014, 01:28 AM
I'll give you 50 dollars if you post a video of you trying to suck your own cock.

Give me 60 that way I'll make 10 because I paid yo mama 50 to suck my cock. As you know she wasn't worth it.

DMC
10-23-2014, 01:32 AM
Give me 60 that way I'll make 10 because I paid yo mama 50 to suck my cock. As you know she wasn't worth it.

How's that Dish TV repair thing going for your skinhead son?

Avante
10-23-2014, 01:35 AM
How's that Dish TV repair thing going for your skinhead son?

Damn you're dumb.

You mean my....son in law...who now works for a computer repair place? Stupid, pick on those more down there on your level ok amigo?

Monkeyboy14
10-24-2014, 11:23 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gvIP3GduPM8

New video, let me know what you think

silverblk mystix
10-24-2014, 11:38 AM

The good:
Voice is not bad
your presence/image is not bad
you are out there doing it and working
you appear young
guitar playing is good -looks professional/adequate

The not so good and what separates the ones who make it and the ones who never did:

Songwriting.

The song has nothing catchy, nothing that makes it stand out, lyrics are forgettable the arrangement goes nowhere.

No hook to speak of , weak chorus, weak lyrics,

Listen to some Jason Mraz, Jack Johnson (and others)- to see their little niches that they have carved out for themselves.

Props though for being out there and doing it - wish you much luck and much success. :toast:toast:toast

Frank Dux
10-24-2014, 11:39 AM
Get some paying gigs, save some money from your job at the movie theater and voila!

EP funding.

I gotta say, I agree.

It's a little disappointing that a lot of young musicians today seem to think the only way to fund their albums is by asking for donations. About ten years ago I played in a band and we raised $8K from gigs to record an album. No donations. It took planning and commitment, but we pulled it off. It felt good. I understand the donation way is much quicker and easier, and there is modern technology to support it that didn't exist 10 years ago, but when I see these videos, the cynic in me can't help but think it's just another young musician who's not willing to put the work in.

With that said, the old way isn't necessarily the "right" way. Max his got some guitar chops and a nice voice. Best of luck.

Monkeyboy14
10-24-2014, 11:52 AM
The good:
Voice is not bad
your presence/image is not bad
you are out there doing it and working
you appear young
guitar playing is good -looks professional/adequate

The not so good and what separates the ones who make it and the ones who never did:

Songwriting.

The song has nothing catchy, nothing that makes it stand out, lyrics are forgettable the arrangement goes nowhere.

No hook to speak of , weak chorus, weak lyrics,

Listen to some Jason Mraz, Jack Johnson (and others)- to see their little niches that they have carved out for themselves.

Props though for being out there and doing it - wish you much luck and much success. :toast:toast:toast

I appreciate the comment! This song was actually a cover, didnt write this one. But i've been working on my songwriting and will hopefully be posting them soon! Id love to get your opinion on them when I get them out there, thanks again!

Monkeyboy14
10-24-2014, 11:57 AM
I gotta say, I agree.

It's a little disappointing that a lot of young musicians today seem to think the only way to fund their albums is by asking for donations. About ten years ago I played in a band and we raised $8K from gigs to record an album. No donations. It took planning and commitment, but we pulled it off. It felt good. I understand the donation way is much quicker and easier, and there is modern technology to support it that didn't exist 10 years ago, but when I see these videos, the cynic in me can't help but think it's just another young musician who's not willing to put the work in.

With that said, the old way isn't necessarily the "right" way. Max his got some guitar chops and a nice voice. Best of luck.

well I am living on my own and have to pay rent and other expenses every month. Not that im complaining, thats life haha but I dont really have the money to fund it myself.. by time i save up 10k ill probably be like 26, in other words it would take me 6 more years to take this one step than it would by doing this kickstarter. Living in Nashville, there are sooo many people here doing the same thing, no one really pays for people to play at there venues because you know someone just as good is around the corner and willing to do it for free. So really the only way to get payed gigs is to get your name out there, and to get your name out there you have to be out doing things, and in todays age, have a good social media following. Internet is key to a lot of this. Trust me, if I could be gigging every single day raising money I would be! But with the amount of people here, payed gigs just dont happen.

ChumpDumper
10-24-2014, 12:36 PM
well I am living on my own and have to pay rent and other expenses every month. Not that im complaining, thats life haha but I dont really have the money to fund it myself.. by time i save up 10k ill probably be like 26, in other words it would take me 6 more years to take this one step than it would by doing this kickstarter. Living in Nashville, there are sooo many people here doing the same thing, no one really pays for people to play at there venues because you know someone just as good is around the corner and willing to do it for free. So really the only way to get payed gigs is to get your name out there, and to get your name out there you have to be out doing things, and in todays age, have a good social media following. Internet is key to a lot of this. Trust me, if I could be gigging every single day raising money I would be! But with the amount of people here, payed gigs just dont happen.You should move then. I've been peripherally involved with the scene down here in Austin and even with the ridiculous surplus of talent, paying gigs aren't too hard to come by. Granted they aren't at the hottest clubs with label execs ready to sign you, but it's some money and it's experience. If you've really exhausted all the possibilities of paying gigs in and around Nashville, you might want to consider your options.

SnakeBoy
10-24-2014, 02:19 PM

Not my type of music but pretty good. I agree with sbm that the lyrics aren't going to be a hit song but they did make me thirsty. You could try using the formula for hit country songs, your driving your truck meet a hot chick in tight jeans take her to an the edge of an isolated body of water drink liquor and fuck her. You could modify the formula for an urban audience (prius instead of a truck, lattes instead of liquor and so on).

Monkeyboy14
10-24-2014, 10:53 PM
https://soundcloud.com/14mwalker/quick-recording

Here is a quick recording of one of my actual songs

Robz4000
10-25-2014, 02:41 AM
Good day Monkeyboy14,

With warm heart I offer my friendship, and my greetings,and I hope this letter meets you in good time.

It will be surprising for you to receive this proposal from me since you do not know me personally.

However, I am sincerely seeking your confidence in this transaction,which I, propose with my free mind and as a person of integrity.

A) It is practically impossible for me to carry out this business alone.

B) You live in a foreign land far away from mine.

This should normally not be a requirement, but when you understand the transaction then you will understand why it is important that you live far away from me.

C) The amount of money involved in this transaction is Fifteen Million one hundred thousand united states dollars (US$15,100,000.00) which is too much for a man of modest means like myself to handle in my country.

I believe from my few points above, you can begin to get an idea why I need your participation.I am writing you in respect of a foreign customer who has a Domicillary account in my bank.

His name was Engineer Frank oliver. He was among those who died in a plane crash, Since the demise of this our customer, Engineer Frank oliver,who was an oil merchant and import/exporter, I have kept a close watch of the deposit records and accounts and since then nobody has come to claim the money in this a/c as next of kin to the late Engineer.

He had only Fifteen Million one hundred thousand united states dollars(US$15,100,000.00) in his account and the account is coded.

It is only an insider that could produce the code of the deposit particulars.

As it stands now, there is nobody in that position to produce the needed information other than my very self considering my position in the bank.

Based on the reason that nobody has come forward to claim the deposit as next of kin,I hereby ask for you to send an application to the bank as he next of kin to the deceased and get this fund transfered into your foreign bank a/c for mutual sharing between myself and you,%5 for charity, 5% for expences we will incure just in case, 35% for you and 55% for me.

All I need is for you to follow my instructions closely because I am experienced in inheritance matters here and i am on ground here to advice you on every step until you receive the money.

What is required of you is to send an application to the bank as next of kin to the late Engineer and I promise you that everything will go smoothly.

I also indulge you not to make undo use of the information given to you, I need also to trust that you will not tell people or your bank about this business.

You will collect the money first, then I get my share, then you can tell anybody what you chose thereafter.I shall need your help to invest in your country therefore, any experience you have in this area will be beneficial.

Please feel free to call me on my direct telephone number for any question or further explanations if required and upon the receipt of your favourable responses I shall send to you a text of application which you shall send to the Bank putting claim over the deceased fund.