PDA

View Full Version : GTA:San Andreas to be rereleased on 360

Trainwreck2100
10-24-2014, 03:40 PM
Happening Sunday, only $15

baseline bum
10-24-2014, 04:12 PM
Game is still fun as shit 10 years later. Vice City too, though GTA3 hasn't aged nearly as well.

jeebus
10-24-2014, 04:26 PM
Game is still fun as shit 10 years later. Vice City too, though GTA3 hasn't aged nearly as well.
Truth. I tried playing 3 a year or so ago...yeah no. I put it away and put in SA and played the fuck out of it for a few weeks.

Trainwreck2100
10-24-2014, 04:27 PM

Totally debating dusting off my 360 for it tbqh, fuck my november was already full of games as it is

Bynumite
10-24-2014, 04:41 PM

I love the GTA trilogy but those games were already graphically dated the moment they hit the shelves. There was no aging to be done.

Unless you're talking about the console version of GTA 3, the gunplay in that game is pretty atrocious compared to San Andreas for example.

Bynumite
10-24-2014, 04:46 PM
I'm currently playing San Andreas on my laptop. That game is so much better than GTA V even with the dated graphics.

But unless Rockstar is going all the way with this remastered version of SA, HD graphics, Rage engine and euphoria physics, i don't see the point of making another port.

Trainwreck2100
10-24-2014, 05:13 PM
I'm currently playing San Andreas on my laptop. That game is so much better than GTA V even with the dated graphics.

But unless Rockstar is going all the way with this remastered version of SA, HD graphics, Rage engine and euphoria physics, i don't see the point of making another port.

meh it's $15

DJR210
10-24-2014, 06:36 PM
Best soundtrack of the series imho

baseline bum
10-24-2014, 07:07 PM
Truth. I tried playing 3 a year or so ago...yeah no. I put it away and put in SA and played the fuck out of it for a few weeks.

Still, GTA III >>> GTA IV. The only fun thing in IV is going on the dates since the Ricky Gervais standup act is hilarious and since some of the Russian shows are pretty funny.

baseline bum
10-24-2014, 07:12 PM

I love GTA V. Not sure if I love it as much as San Andreas, but V was fun as fuck and I'll definitely get the PC release next year. I have bought console and PC version for every GTA other than that piece of shit IV. Console because I wanted to play it now, then PC when it was released later on to run it at 1080p (though GTA III I think I could only run at 1600x1200 at the time; still, enormously different experience from the blurry PS2 graphics).

lefty
10-24-2014, 07:13 PM
:cry Vice City
:cry omg

jeebus
10-24-2014, 07:15 PM
Still, GTA III >>> GTA IV. The only fun thing in IV is going on the dates since the Ricky Gervais standup act is hilarious and since some of the Russian shows are pretty funny.
lol yup. I played GTA4 like...two or three times and that was it. I just didn't like it.

Bynumite
10-24-2014, 08:24 PM
GTA IV was extremely overrated by the media. That game is not the best game of all time like the review scores indicate but i can still appreciate it for what it is, a more streamlined, condensed and grittier GTA experience. While GTA V offers more over the top action and expensive world.

baseline bum
10-24-2014, 08:55 PM
GTA IV was extremely overrated by the media. That game is not the best game of all time like the review scores indicate but i can still appreciate it for what it is, a more streamlined, condensed and grittier GTA experience. While GTA V offers more over the top action and expensive world.

GTA IV was completely unforgivable. The story line was horrible, but even worse, the controls felt terrible in the game. Driving was hard to control, slow, and Niko was really clumsy to control out of the car too. Every mission was like closing your third Oblivion gate; the game just dragged on and on. GTA IV is easily the worst game I own. It's the only game I have that I don't enjoy at all. The graphics are amazing but the game is just so boring. It's not even worth pirating other than to see how awful a game it is. I always think people are full of shit for bagging on San Andreas for the weak graphics, and conversely, the polished graphics of IV don't save it from being almost unplayable.

jeebus
10-24-2014, 10:07 PM
I always think people are full of shit for bagging on San Andreas for the weak graphics, and conversely, the polished graphics of IV don't save it from being almost unplayable.
I hate when people are so obsessed with graphics, as if that will somehow make a shitty game great. Especially the younger games; fuck, they're so gay when it comes to graphics. If I ask a 20 year old snot nosed little shit about a game, they say "yeah the graphics are great!" Who gives a shit. Is it fun? Will I enjoy playing it 5 weeks or 5 years down the road? No? Ok then. Fuck off.

DJ Mbenga
10-25-2014, 12:22 AM

yup. this is a take my money announcement. where san andreas show its age is checkpoints. my goodness is it hell to fail some missions. there was one where you have to go from san fiero to the rural area to meet cesar, then drive him to this place a long way. fail it and you have to do it all over again.
anyways everyone loves vice city cause of the setting, music. i remember gta3 being a bit difficult for me. maybe cause it was the first one i played.
gta 4 improved the shooting mechanics but lost everything else. realistic driving, crappy setting, that was boring.

ElNono
10-25-2014, 04:05 AM
I hate when people are so obsessed with graphics, as if that will somehow make a shitty game great. Especially the younger games; fuck, they're so gay when it comes to graphics. If I ask a 20 year old snot nosed little shit about a game, they say "yeah the graphics are great!" Who gives a shit. Is it fun? Will I enjoy playing it 5 weeks or 5 years down the road? No? Ok then. Fuck off.

Oh shit, don't let Cry Havoc read this post :lol

Cry Havoc
10-25-2014, 11:04 AM

So you're still using your original NES or the original Playstation? Are you gaming on a Commodore 64 or Apple 2?

baseline bum
10-25-2014, 11:11 AM
So you're still using your original NES or the original Playstation? Are you gaming on a Commodore 64 or Apple 2?

I still play tons of NES and occasional Commodore 64 games tbh. GTA IV is shit.

jeebus
10-25-2014, 11:14 AM
Oh shit, don't let Cry Havoc (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=7256) read this post :lol
haha, good call. I'm guessing he's a snot nosed 20 year old? sure sounds like it. :lol

Cry Havoc
10-25-2014, 11:46 AM
I still play tons of NES and occasional Commodore 64 games tbh. GTA IV is shit.

And would you say that makes you the exception, or the rule? What do you think sold better in stores last year?

Cry Havoc
10-25-2014, 11:46 AM
haha, good call. I'm guessing he's a snot nosed 20 year old? sure sounds like it. :lol

Hurr durr good call bro

Bynumite
10-25-2014, 07:13 PM
In my opinion this generation of consoles has been underwhelming so far. Everyone is so worried about stuff like resolution, frames per second, polygons etc. that true gameplay innovation and original ideas, stuff that actually makes games fun and worth playing, are almost becoming secondary.

That's why this generation of consoles has yet to produce a triple A generation defining game like a GTA 3, Halo Combat Evolved etc. Now it's all about the sequels, remastered re-releases and rehashing old concepts with the new pretty and shiny graphics.

jeebus
10-25-2014, 08:06 PM
In my opinion this generation of consoles has been underwhelming so far. Everyone is so worried about stuff like resolution, frames per second, polygons etc. that true gameplay innovation and original ideas, stuff that actually makes games fun and worth playing, are almost becoming secondary.

That's why this generation of consoles has yet to produce a triple A generation defining game like a GTA 3, Halo Combat Evolved etc. Now it's all about the sequels, remastered re-releases and rehashing old concepts with the new pretty and shiny graphics.
So....the gaming industry is becoming hollywood? :lol I can agree to that. how many shitty call of duty games are out now?

ElNono
10-25-2014, 08:12 PM

The new, 'remastered' Pacman looks great in my new 8K display tho...

Bynumite
10-25-2014, 08:30 PM
I don't expect developers to suddenly kill billion dollar cash cows to invest in new IP's but c'mon, i've never heard this much talk of remastered games before, especially last gen games and games that haven't been on the market for that long.

baseline bum
10-25-2014, 08:34 PM
The new, 'remastered' Pacman looks great in my new 8K display tho...

Your shitty console can't do 8xMSAA on it though like my 780Ti.

baseline bum
10-25-2014, 08:37 PM
I don't expect developers to suddenly kill billion dollar cash cows to invest in new IP's but c'mon, i've never heard this much talk of remastered games before, especially last gen games and games that haven't been on the market for that long.

What does it cost Rockstar? They take the XBox code and install the PC textures and there's your X360 remake.

2pac > Kobe
10-25-2014, 11:43 PM
damn bruh, thought this was an hd remake or some shit, only gta I beat tbqh.

Trainwreck2100
10-26-2014, 07:38 PM
not $15 but $3.74
http://i2.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/facebook/000/264/200/acb.jpg

http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Product/Grand-Theft-Auto-San-Andreas/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d802545408b8?noSplash=1

baseline bum
10-26-2014, 08:19 PM
not $15 but $3.74
http://i2.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/facebook/000/264/200/acb.jpg

http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Product/Grand-Theft-Auto-San-Andreas/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d802545408b8?noSplash=1

Damn, can't beat that.

Cry Havoc
10-27-2014, 10:00 AM

There's a ton of innovation on PC right now. Lots of room for growth with Steam's greenlight service. A metric fuckton of indie titles have flooded the market. Many of them aren't that great, but there are a lot of gems to be found.

Physical media is dead. It just costs too much to produce/market. Consoles will stay around but the physical side is going to go the way of the dinosaur pretty quickly. As of now it's spinning on inertia, hence the reason you see so many remakes.