PDA

View Full Version : apparently you can be denied a job as a cop or prison guard if you're IQ is too high

Blake
10-25-2014, 10:06 AM
"...... It turns out that those who have cursed at a police officer for apparently not using his or her brain or said an officer was being “stupid” may not be as far off the mark as the American public might hope.Although it’s not widely known, federal courts have*ruled*since 2000 that police departments can legally opt to not hire someone simply because he or she scores too high on an intelligence test. The millenium ruling followed a lawsuit filed in 1999 by Connecticut resident Robert Jordan, who was told by the New London Police Department that they only interview candidates who score 20 to 27 points on an intelligence test.Jordan, a 48-year-old college graduate with a degree in literature, had scored 33 points when he took the Wonderlic Personnel Test in 1996, giving him an IQ of around 125. His score was well above the 21 to 22 points that officers score on average, which reflects a slightly above-average IQ of around 104. (Interestingly, the Wonderlic test recommends that insurance salespeople score at least 22 points and that police officers score at least 21 — meaning that at least according to the test, it requires more intelligence to sell insurance than to solve crimes.)The test, which is used by other employers, not just law enforcement, poses questions such as: “In the set of words below, what word is different from the others? A. Beef. B. Mackerel. C. Veal. D. Bacon E. Lamb.”Based on his Wonderlic test score, Jordan was qualified to become a lawyer, but he was too smart to be considered for a position with the New London Police Department.Jordan filed a lawsuit and took the police department to court, arguing that he was discriminated against.”I was eliminated on the basis of my intellectual makeup,” he*said. ”It’s the same as discrimination on the basis of gender or religion or race,” in that an individual doesn’t necessarily have control of how smart he or she is.However, the courts sided with the lower police department. In its ruling, the 2nd U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals in New York ruled that the city did not discriminate against Jordan because the same standards were applied to everyone who took the test. In other words, no one who was deemed “too smart” for the job after taking the intelligence test was hired.Jordan also sued the city of New London, Connecticut, saying that his civil rights had been violated because he was denied equal protection under the law. But again, the courts ruled against Jordan, saying that the city of New London had “shown a rational basis for the policy,” which was that those who scored above a certain level would likely grow tired of police work and leave shortly after receiving “costly” training.Although the court said the policy was unwise, it found that the city had a rational theory to try and reduce the rate of turnover in the police department. Jordan decided to not pursue the case further, and has reportedly been working as a prison guard.Given that the public’s trust in law enforcement has been shaken in recent years, departments across the nation are trying to repair that important relationship with the public by ending controversial policies such as*ticket quotas,*detention of suspected illegal immigrants*on behalf of Immigration and Customs Enforcement, and use of stop-and-frisk, since law enforcement officials are realizing that the work of police officers can’t really be done without the help of the public.*

......Police reform advocates argue that if the standards were raised regarding what it takes to become a police officer and if the pay was better, it would weed out the so-called “dumbasses” who cause so many lawsuits and are a liability to their departments........"

http://www.mintpressnews.com/can-someone-be-too-smart-to-be-a-cop/192106/

ohmwrecker
10-25-2014, 10:14 AM
Obviously.

Cry Havoc
10-25-2014, 06:36 PM
Yup, this was going around like a year ago. Pretty pathetic and speaks to the kind of zombies they want cops to be. :lol

Wild Cobra
10-25-2014, 06:40 PM
Anyone verify if it's true?

xmas1997
10-25-2014, 06:49 PM
Never heard this before, but I doubt it applies to the FBI etc.

spurraider21
10-25-2014, 07:31 PM
Never heard this before, but I doubt it applies to the FBI etc.
this is about prison guards not FBI agents

xmas1997
10-25-2014, 07:34 PM
this is about prison guards not FBI agents

So who gives a shit about security guards?

Is this supposed to be a lame attempt to insult SBM?

Because he isn't a security guard, he is a cop, and my guess is they have a lot more intelligence than they are given credit for, at least in my experience they are.

spurraider21
10-25-2014, 07:40 PM
So who gives a shit about security guards?

Is this supposed to be a lame attempt to insult SBM?

Because he isn't a security guard, he is a cop, and my guess is they have a lot more intelligence than they are given credit for, at least in my experience they are.
sbm isn't in the bureau

xmas1997
10-25-2014, 07:45 PM
sbm isn't in the bureau

True, but he is a cop.

And he says lots of very profound things when he isn't trolling those who deserve to be trolled.

Brazil
10-28-2014, 04:32 AM
And he says lots of very profound things when he isn't trolling those who deserve to be trolled.

Except for the finger he put on male asses, there is nothing profound about SBM

xmas1997
10-28-2014, 08:03 AM
Except for the finger he put on male asses, there is nothing profound about SBM

Oh really?

Sounds like you know this from hands on experience?

You must have liked how it felt then.

:lmao

Brazil
10-28-2014, 08:13 AM
Oh really?

Sounds like you know this from hands on experience?

You must have liked how it felt then.

oh really you are a retard and a faggor Glen Hobart... cute house you have btw... grats :tu

Franklin
10-28-2014, 08:55 AM
this applies to all jobs imho. If you're smart it'd be a torture for you to work at a treadmill job, like my nigga Jacob.

silverblk mystix
10-28-2014, 08:56 AM
lol

What does it say about your IQ =

if you allow other men to bang your woman's orifices mercilessly while cuck and child listen to her moaning in the next room?

What does your IQ matter - if you have been "that guy that loves getting cucked"

:rollin:rollin:rollin

ChumpDumper
10-28-2014, 08:56 AM
lol damage control

mrsmaalox
10-28-2014, 09:04 AM
"My intelligence doesn't matter because I'm enlightened!"

RD2191
10-28-2014, 09:05 AM
lol

What does it say about your IQ =

if you allow other men to bang your woman's orifices mercilessly while cuck and child listen to her moaning in the next room?

What does your IQ matter - if you have been "that guy that loves getting cucked"

silverblk mystix
10-28-2014, 09:06 AM
:lmao:lmao:lmao

ChumpDumper
10-28-2014, 09:07 AM
damage control emoticon tsunami

xmas1997
10-29-2014, 07:11 PM
damage control emoticon tsunami

No, actually you've been fucked royally!

TDMVPDPOY
10-29-2014, 09:44 PM
u forgot the part where u have to pass the fitness test, once u get in they dont care if u baloon to a whale

spurraider21
10-29-2014, 10:03 PM
thread title about high IQ's has a grammatical error

Blake
10-30-2014, 12:03 AM
thread title about high IQ's has a grammatical error

I guess I'm dumb enough to be a policeman if I wanted.

silverblk mystix
10-30-2014, 12:05 AM
I guess I'm dumb enough to be a cuckholded policeman if I wanted.

fify

silverblk mystix
10-30-2014, 02:43 AM
^:lmao:lmao:lmao ^

Chewbacca
10-30-2014, 02:44 AM

xellos88330
10-31-2014, 10:16 AM
Yup, this was going around like a year ago. Pretty pathetic and speaks to the kind of zombies they want cops to be. :lol

Well it could also be the fact that lawyers can be greedy.

Having dumber cops means they will have more cases. More cases, more money. The longer the case, the greater the fee they collect. I am not saying this is true, but it could also be another reason why. Not all lawmakers are lawyers, but most lobbyists are.

lefty
10-31-2014, 10:26 AM
So based on the other thread, cop and prison guards are not liberals nor atheist

Venti Quattro
10-31-2014, 10:29 AM
So now we know what silverblk mystix's IQ is

silverblk mystix
10-31-2014, 10:33 AM
So now we know what silverblk mystix (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=18982)'s IQ is

Where a cuck who is aroused watching bulls jack-hammer his beloved orifices - IQ is around 72

SBM - is at least triple that.

:lmao:lmao

Cry Havoc
10-31-2014, 10:35 AM
sbm claiming to have an IQ of 216. :lmao

sbm thinks he's being clever. :lmao

silverblk mystix
10-31-2014, 10:36 AM
lol cry baby havoc ^

Blake
10-31-2014, 10:41 AM
sbm claiming to have an IQ of 216. :lmao

sbm thinks he's being clever. :lmao

72 x 3 is tough math for a cop

Chewbacca
10-31-2014, 10:41 AM
lol cry baby havoc ^

EDIT: Trolls salty that Chumps ratface was confirmed by the forum owner and the other thread blew up in their faces lol

silverblk mystix
10-31-2014, 10:43 AM
10 bulls inside my wife's orifices is the math formula I live by!

Chewbacca
10-31-2014, 10:45 AM
:rollin :rollin :rollin

DarrinS
10-31-2014, 12:01 PM
Police dept. didn't hire a 48 yr old because he was too smart? Hmmm.

xmas1997
10-31-2014, 12:14 PM
Police dept. didn't hire a 48 yr old because he was too smart? Hmmm.

Not just "any" police department, but the Austin PD, no less.

Some real tools on here, it defies logic!

:lol