PDA

View Full Version : Who is the biggest threat in the Western Conference?

tlongII
10-25-2014, 01:10 PM
Hmmm? OKC? Clippers?

jdelar03
10-25-2014, 01:11 PM
Spurs

Amarelooms
10-25-2014, 01:50 PM
Mavs :elephant

BatManu20
10-25-2014, 01:51 PM
Mavs and OKC easilly.

Spurs 4 The Win
10-25-2014, 01:54 PM
Spurs

spursparker9
10-25-2014, 01:54 PM
OKC and Houston

Richie
10-25-2014, 02:02 PM
The Thunder still have the athleticism and superstar talent to beat us. Easily our biggest threat.

Galileo
10-25-2014, 02:17 PM
fat, sloth, and laziness.

spurs10
10-25-2014, 02:32 PM
The defending champions.

illusioNtEk
10-25-2014, 02:34 PM
mavs

exstatic
10-25-2014, 02:44 PM
NOT Portland...

SupremeGuy
10-25-2014, 02:47 PM
Too early to tell, tbh. If I had to pick? Thunderefs.

Skull-1
10-25-2014, 03:04 PM
Biggest threat to the Spurs in the WC is Manu...

itzsoweezee
10-25-2014, 03:06 PM
Okc, warriors too if Kerr is somehow able to install a decent offense without losing the defense they had under Mark Jackson.

spurraider21
10-25-2014, 07:32 PM
some team not called portland

Silver&Black
10-26-2014, 12:21 AM
Spurs biggest threat still hasn't changed.....

http://img.bleacherreport.net/img/images/photos/002/348/727/hi-res-159705369_crop_north.jpg?w=630&h=420&q=75

Venti Quattro
10-26-2014, 12:22 AM
1. Themselves
2. Cavs
3. Refs

Galileo
10-26-2014, 12:33 AM
Spurs biggest threat still hasn't changed.....

http://img.bleacherreport.net/img/images/photos/002/348/727/hi-res-159705369_crop_north.jpg?w=630&h=420&q=75

:lmao

Splits
10-26-2014, 01:57 AM
ISIS

HI-FI
10-26-2014, 03:18 AM
1. Themselves
2. Cavs
3. Refs
this.

Spurs know they have a depth and belief/core unmatched by any other team, it will be a matter of overcoming internal issues (stay healthy as possible, long season, enrique, kawhi wanting more minutes etc...). nothing major and fortunately we have Duncan and Pop as leaders. Lebron once again got another super team built around him, perhaps that's why Cleveland got so many number 1 picks which i thought was statistically impossible. Thunderefs and the refs will always be an issue, the league still seems to have a hard on for them. Should be an exciting season.

Robz4000
10-26-2014, 03:49 AM
Outside of Venti's list:

Thunder
Clippers
Houston

Basically same as last year...

boutons_deux
10-26-2014, 04:59 AM
NBA preview: Western Conference predictions

http://www.trbimg.com/img-544bcc13/turbine/lat-sp-tim-duncan-20141025/750/750x422

1.San Antonio

2013-14 finish: 62-20.
Coming: Kyle Anderson.
Going: No one of significance.

Despite a storied history, the Spurs have never won back-to-back titles. In fact they had never reached back-to-back NBA Finals until 2014 when, a year after losing in excruciating fashion to Miami, they extracted revenge against the Heat to earn their fifth title in the Tim Duncan-Gregg Popovich era. For the Spurs to win consecutive championships — and reach the NBA Finals for the third season in a row — small forward Kawhi Leonard must sustain the high level he showed while earning the MVP award in the 2014 Finals.

2. Clippers

2013-14 finish: 57-25.
Coming: Owner Steve Ballmer, Spencer Hawes, Jordan Farmar, Chris Douglas-Roberts, Ekpe Udoh, C.J. Wilcox.
Going: Owner Donald Sterling, Darren Collison, Danny Granger, Ryan Hollins, Willie Green.

The Clippers could move up in the playoff seedings with Oklahoma City star Kevin Durant sidelined to start the season. Once again, it will be up to Chris Paul, Blake Griffin and DeAndre Jordan to carry the Clippers. The small forward position is a concern for Coach Doc Rivers, who is starting Matt Barnes, but Reggie Bullock and Douglas-Roberts will get an opportunity to show they can handle that spot. And don't be surprised if Rivers uses guard Jamal Crawford, the NBA's sixth man of the year, at small forward, especially at the end of games.

3. Golden State

2013-14 finish: 51-31.
Coming: Coach Steve Kerr, Shaun Livingston, Leandro Barbosa, Brandon Rush.
Going: Coach Mark Jackson, Jermaine O'Neal, Jordan Crawford, Steve Blake.

With the Warriors, it's always about the Splash Brothers: guards Stephen Curry and Klay Thompson. But for Golden State to have major success, 7-foot center Andrew Bogut must stay healthy. Bogut, 29, missed Golden State's first-round playoff series against the Clippers because of a fractured rib. He has suffered a series of injuries since being the No. 1 overall pick by Milwaukee in the 2005 draft. Still, the Warriors are deep enough, with such impact players as David Lee, Andre Iguodala, Harrison Barnes and Draymond Green, to be a threat in the West.

4. Oklahoma City

2013-14 finish: 59-23.
Coming: Anthony Morrow, Mitch McGary, Sebastian Telfair.
Going: Derek Fisher, Caron Butler, Thabo Sefolosha.

A broken bone in his right foot will keep Kevin Durant on the injury list long enough for the Thunder, which reached the conference finals last season, to drop in the West. Russell Westbrook, an All-Star point guard, is a force, but he can't carry the load alone while Durant is out; he'll need help from Serge Ibaka, Reggie Jackson, Andre Roberson and Perry Jones, the probable starter for Durant. But there's plenty of talent for the Thunder to stay afloat until its main man returns.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/nba/la-sp-nba-west-preview-20141026-story.html#page=1

Venti Quattro
10-26-2014, 07:51 AM
Who knew boutons_deux posted outside of the Political Forum?

Old School 44
10-26-2014, 09:32 AM
Still OkC,
Then Dallas, Houston, Clips...teams with shot blockers.

TheGreatYacht
10-26-2014, 10:11 AM
Mavs. Look at that 2007 roster they had and then look at their regular season record... Their roster this year is at least 3X better and they still have Carlisle who already has Pop's number

Malik Hairston
10-26-2014, 02:25 PM
OKC and Cleveland(to a lesser extent) are the only real threats to the Spurs, other than health(which is #1)..

All the other top teams(Clippers, Bulls, Warriors, Grizzlies) matchup pretty poorly with the Spurs..the Mavs aren't really a threat, last year's series was full of flukyness, they have way too many flaws to be a threat(horrible PGs, poor perimeter defense, Dirk's questionable health in April and forward)..

Brunodf
10-26-2014, 02:44 PM
Refs tbh

mingus
10-26-2014, 03:35 PM
Say our Big 3 don't decline much and Kawhi puts in his Finals performance for whole season, the Spurs themselves are their biggest threat: complacency, overconfidence.

If you don't go by that, then I'll pick GSW. I think Kerr will make a great coach and utilize their talent to fullest extent. The '13 Warriors gave us a run for our money and I think they'll make a return this year.

OKC closely behind.

tmtcsc
10-26-2014, 04:08 PM
The biggest threat to the Spurs in the West is the Memphis Grizzlies. Next to San Antonio, they are the most balanced and disciplined team. OKC's nice run the past few years is coming to an end. They cannot win a Championship as assembled but will probably always finish good enough to be a top 4 seed. I would not be surprised if they do something major during the season with Westbrook in terms of a trade.

The Mavs? Psssht.

exstatic
10-26-2014, 05:43 PM
The biggest threat to the Spurs in the West is the Memphis Grizzlies. Next to San Antonio, they are the most balanced and disciplined team. OKC's nice run the past few years is coming to an end. They cannot win a Championship as assembled but will probably always finish good enough to be a top 4 seed. I would not be surprised if they do something major during the season with Westbrook in terms of a trade.

The Mavs? Psssht.

Memphis lack long range shooting.

DMC
10-26-2014, 05:52 PM
Spurs biggest threat is late season injury. If they are healthy, no can defend.

benstanfield
10-26-2014, 06:43 PM
Warriors. They can score from all 5 positions (nowhere to hide Tony), have 2-3 very good perimeter defenders and a good rim protector, presumably better coaching and a solid bench featuring a lot of hybrid position players (Livingston, Green, Barnes). Their starting 5 matches up well with ours (hide Curry on Green, Lee on Tiago). They'll have the best player in the series in Curry. I also wouldn't be surprised if they had HCA.

If they can stay healthy they will be a force this year tbh. Health and youth are really the only question marks.

exstatic
10-26-2014, 07:11 PM
Warriors. They can score from all 5 positions (nowhere to hide Tony), have 2-3 very good perimeter defenders and a good rim protector, presumably better coaching and a solid bench featuring a lot of hybrid position players (Livingston, Green, Barnes). Their starting 5 matches up well with ours (hide Curry on Green, Lee on Tiago). They'll have the best player in the series in Curry. I also wouldn't be surprised if they had HCA.

If they can stay healthy they will be a force this year tbh. Health and youth are really the only question marks.

NO

BENCH

benstanfield
10-26-2014, 07:12 PM
NO

BENCH

Livingston

Barbosa

Iggy

Green

Ezeli

benstanfield
10-26-2014, 07:20 PM
If Barbosa has anything left in the tank and Green continues to improve that's arguably a top 10 bench in the league

exstatic
10-26-2014, 07:34 PM
Livingston - 1 knee

Barbosa - choker

Iggy - Wrong side of 30. I think he's only temporarily on the bench until Livingston is back, anyway.

Green - no defense, rebounding or ball handling. Undersized.

Ezeli - huh? He's nothing.

Their bench is no better than OKC's.

tmtcsc
10-26-2014, 08:08 PM
Memphis lack long range shooting.

Vince Carter should help.

Budkin
10-26-2014, 08:17 PM
Thunder. They are still a nightmare for us even without KD.

Dverde
10-26-2014, 08:17 PM
If OKC hired Stan Van Gundy or any other above average coach, they would be win it all. I would say GSW. Clippers will need the ref's help to beat the Spurs.

DesignatedT
10-26-2014, 08:20 PM
Whichever teams are the healthiest will be the biggest threat.

Cry Havoc
10-26-2014, 10:55 PM
I might take GSW over OKC in a 7 game series. The Warriors are going to be deadly considering how good they were with one of the worst coaches in the league.

Uriel
10-26-2014, 11:44 PM
People blanket dismissing OKC are crazy. :lol If Serge Ibaka hadn't gotten injured, we might not even have won that series.

jhuan16
10-26-2014, 11:46 PM
Abaka? He ain't bout dis life.

10-26-2014, 11:48 PM
Probably still the Thunder. No one on the Spurs can effectively limit Westbrook. Westbrook just blows by Green like it's nothing. Luckily, Westbrook can limit himself.

Warriors might actually be good this year and I can see them reaching the finals.

tmtcsc
10-27-2014, 12:50 AM
People blanket dismissing OKC are crazy. :lol If Serge Ibaka hadn't gotten injured, we might not even have won that series.

That ship has sailed. First of all, Ibaka is a solid player but CoJo and Leonard showed the rest of the team how you handle his presence. You throw dunks down in his face and quit playing like pussies around him. :lol Acting like Chewbacca is the boogeyman.

Secondly, they have no bench - which was their biggest problem when facing the Spurs in the WCF. They were dead tired and counted on too much scoring from Westbrick and Durant.

And third, their coach is Scott Brooks.

End of story.

Uriel
10-27-2014, 02:05 AM
That ship has sailed. First of all, Ibaka is a solid player but CoJo and Leonard showed the rest of the team how you handle his presence. You throw dunks down in his face and quit playing like pussies around him. :lol Acting like Chewbacca is the boogeyman.

Secondly, they have no bench - which was their biggest problem when facing the Spurs in the WCF. They were dead tired and counted on too much scoring from Westbrick and Durant.

And third, their coach is Scott Brooks.

End of story.
And yet, despite all those flaws, they were one OT session away from winning Game 6 and heading into an anything-can-happen Game 7. Now, if Ibaka had been healthy the whole series, it might not even have come to that.

Remember, most pundits were picking OKC to beat us before news of the Ibaka injury came out.

Malik Hairston
10-27-2014, 03:05 AM
:lol

mudyez
10-27-2014, 06:24 AM
1) OKC...hopefully they keep Brooks around
2) LAC
3) DAL

thats it!

100%duncan
10-27-2014, 06:31 AM
What my boy DMC said

exstatic
10-27-2014, 06:50 AM

Yes we would. We had home court, and were 2-2 WITH Serge on the floor.

Uriel
10-27-2014, 06:59 AM
Yes we would. We had home court, and were 2-2 WITH Serge on the floor.
Yeah, but we were one Manu 3 pointer / Leonard block on Westbrook / Duncan fadeaway in the post from being 1-3 WITH Serge on the floor. Of course, as Spurs fans, we don't want to admit it, but Game 6 really could have gone either way; luck just happened to be on our side that time around.

I'm not saying OKC is the better team; we were far and away the best team in the NBA last season. But OKC was the 2nd best team, and they have the advantage of matching up well with us.

exstatic
10-27-2014, 07:00 AM
And yet, despite all those flaws, they were one OT session away from winning Game 6 and heading into an anything-can-happen Game 7. Now, if Ibaka had been healthy the whole series, it might not even have come to that.

Remember, most pundits were picking OKC to beat us before news of the Ibaka injury came out.

Most pundits picked Miami, too, and look how that turned out. Most pundits are idiots.

Even with Abaka playing 4 of 6 games, our ORtg was 114.4. We BEAT ASS on them in our building, yes even with Abaka in game 5.

exstatic
10-27-2014, 07:03 AM
Yeah, but we were one Manu 3 pointer / Leonard block on Westbrook / Duncan fadeaway in the post from being 1-3 WITH Serge on the floor. Of course, as Spurs fans, we don't want to admit it, but Game 6 really could have gone either way; luck just happened to be on our side that time around.

I'm not saying OKC is the better team; we were far and away the best team in the NBA last season. But OKC was the 2nd best team, and they have the advantage of matching up well with us.

It's not luck, it's making plays. OKC has no system to lean into when things get tight. It's the same reason they lost to Miami in 2012. Look at the Ginobili play, and then look at Westbrick's last shot. That's the difference between the teams.

Uriel
10-27-2014, 07:20 AM
Most pundits picked Miami, too, and look how that turned out. Most pundits are idiots.

Even with Abaka playing 4 of 6 games, our ORtg was 114.4. We BEAT ASS on them in our building, yes even with Abaka in game 5.
Actually, most pundits picked the Spurs.

http://espn.go.com/nba/playoffs/2014/story/_/id/11031913/nba-finals-forecast

And yes, while it is true that we routed OKC in Game 5 despite Ibaka playing, I think he had started to wear down as the series dragged further; a weariness exacerbated by his lingering injury. I don't think it would be outrageous to claim that we would not have gone 3-0 against them at home if he had been 100% healthy from the start of the series.

It's not luck, it's making plays. OKC has no system to lean into when things get tight. It's the same reason they lost to Miami in 2012. Look at the Ginobili play, and then look at Westbrick's last shot. That's the difference between the teams.
That's what everyone likes to think. But the laws of probability tell us otherwise. Studies have shown that games decided by 3 points or less are basically a coin toss; in the long run, teams win about 50% of them.

exstatic
10-27-2014, 07:33 AM
Actually, most pundits picked the Spurs.

http://espn.go.com/nba/playoffs/2014/story/_/id/11031913/nba-finals-forecast

And yes, while it is true that we routed OKC in Game 5 despite Ibaka playing, I think he had started to wear down as the series dragged further; a weariness exacerbated by his lingering injury. I don't think it would be outrageous to claim that we would not have gone 3-0 against them at home if he had been 100% healthy from the start of the series.

That's what everyone likes to think. But the laws of probability tell us otherwise. Studies have shown that games decided by 3 points or less are basically a coin toss; in the long run, teams win about 50% of them.

I think a Ginobili zipper cut play to the top of the circle 3 pointer vs. a Westchuck wild 3 pointer off the shot clock is a bit more than a coin flip. When you use widely based stats like your 3 point game stat, it uses a HUGE amount of games played by teams with many systems, or no system at all. If you put THIS Spurs team against the OKC Thunder, I like our chances in any close game because of their lack of system and RW's shitty decision making. There was only one close game, Abaka played, and they choked and we executed and won. On their floor.

Uriel
10-27-2014, 07:41 AM
I think a Ginobili zipper cut play to the top of the circle 3 pointer vs. a Westchuck wild 3 pointer off the shot clock is a bit more than a coin flip. When you use widely based stats like your 3 point game stat, it uses a HUGE amount of games played by teams with many systems, or no system at all. If you put THIS Spurs team against the OKC Thunder, I like our chances in any close game because of their lack of system and RW's shitty decision making. There was only one close game, Abaka played, and they choked and we executed and won. On their floor.
Yes, but Ginobili's 3-pt shooting % in the playoffs last season was "only" 39%. I say "only" because that's actually less than the 50% probability you would get from a coin toss. If that 3 rims out, we lose the game--regardless of how well the Spurs executed that zipper cut to free him up for the shot.

Of course, I'm not denying that the Spurs are a better executing team than the Thunder; it's obvious that they are. But I think you're also ignoring the factor that luck played into this game; we easily could've lost Game 6 if things had gone just a little bit differently, even despite the fact that the Spurs execute much better than the Thunder.

exstatic
10-27-2014, 07:45 AM
Yes, but Ginobili's 3-pt shooting % in the playoffs last season was "only" 39%. I say "only" because that's actually less than the 50% probability you would get from a coin toss. If that 3 rims out, we lose the game--regardless of how well the Spurs executed that zipper cut to free him up for the shot.

Of course, I'm not denying that the Spurs are a better executing team than the Thunder; it's obvious that they are. But I think you're also ignoring the factor that luck played into this game; we easily could've lost Game 6 if things had gone just a little bit differently, even despite the fact that the Spurs execute much better than the Thunder.

I don't factor in luck. It either happens or it doesn't, just like calls or no-calls.

Uriel
10-27-2014, 07:53 AM
I don't factor in luck. It either happens or it doesn't, just like calls or no-calls.
Isn't a referee's decision to blow his whistle one way or the other in a call that really could've gone either way precisely the very definition of luck? :lol

wildchild
10-27-2014, 08:16 AM

http://www.trbimg.com/img-544bcc13/turbine/lat-sp-tim-duncan-20141025/750/750x422

1.San Antonio

Despite a storied history, the Spurs have never won back-to-back titles. In fact they had never reached back-to-back NBA Finals until 2014 when, a year after losing in excruciating fashion to Miami, they extracted revenge against the Heat to earn their fifth title in the Tim Duncan-Gregg Popovich era. For the Spurs to win consecutive championships — and reach the NBA Finals for the third season in a row — small forward Kawhi Leonard must sustain the high level he showed while earning the MVP award in the 2014 Finals.

2. Clippers

2013-14 finish: 57-25.
Coming: Owner Steve Ballmer, Spencer Hawes, Jordan Farmar, Chris Douglas-Roberts, Ekpe Udoh, C.J. Wilcox.
Going: Owner Donald Sterling, Darren Collison, Danny Granger, Ryan Hollins, Willie Green.

The Clippers could move up in the playoff seedings with Oklahoma City star Kevin Durant sidelined to start the season. Once again, it will be up to Chris Paul, Blake Griffin and DeAndre Jordan to carry the Clippers. The small forward position is a concern for Coach Doc Rivers, who is starting Matt Barnes, but Reggie Bullock and Douglas-Roberts will get an opportunity to show they can handle that spot. And don't be surprised if Rivers uses guard Jamal Crawford, the NBA's sixth man of the year, at small forward, especially at the end of games.
http://www.latimes.com/sports/nba/la-sp-nba-west-preview-20141026-story.html#page=1

I remember Barkley called Clippers the best team in the West last season...good to know Cali people still keep the faith this year...(latimes.com)

z0sa
10-27-2014, 08:58 AM
Health. Tim Duncan not falling off a cliff kinda fits i to this category, too. Nothing else even compares to having a healthy team playing well come playoff time. Long time til then... this season should prove extraordinarily interesting.

boutons_deux
10-27-2014, 09:08 AM

1.San Antonio

Coming: no mention of Becky?

timtonymanu
10-27-2014, 01:31 PM
1.)My nigga Amuseddaysleeper's game threads/health

2.) OKC

3.)the rest of the West

urunobili
10-27-2014, 02:01 PM
Mavericks, Dallas

boutons_deux
10-27-2014, 02:02 PM
Good N.B.A. Teams Jostle to Join the Best in the West

Once again, the N.B.A.’s Western Conference is so deep that there is a reasonable chance it will take 50 wins just to make the playoffs. In the Eastern Conference, only the Cavaliers and the Bulls are expected to win as many as 50.

Despite the relative parity out west, the San Antonio Spurs (http://topics.nytimes.com/top/news/sports/probasketball/nationalbasketballassociation/sanantoniospurs/index.html?inline=nyt-org) and the Oklahoma City Thunder have posted the top two records in the conference each of the last three seasons. There have been many very good teams in that time, but only two great ones. This season, the Los Angeles Clippers (http://topics.nytimes.com/top/news/sports/probasketball/nationalbasketballassociation/losangelesclippers/index.html?inline=nyt-org), the Golden State Warriors, the Memphis Grizzlies, the Portland Trail Blazers, the Houston Rockets and the Dallas Mavericks will make up the percolating class of teams trying to break up the dominance of the Spurs and the Thunder. One of the powerful subplots of the 2014-15 season will be tracking who will step forward from this group.

The narrow margins between these teams and the stakes of moving up one or two playoff spots to gain home-court advantage have created some of the league’s most passionate rivalries. The only team the Clippers dislike more than the Grizzlies is the Warriors, who really can’t stand the Rockets, the team that feuded with the Mavericks this off-season. Each team is searching for a way to break from the pack.

The conference’s two incumbent superpowers offer competing models for reaching the top. The Thunder have the best player in the conference in Kevin Durant, the league’s most valuable player last season. They also have the all-N.B.A. point guard Russell Westbrook, and they use their speed and talent to bludgeon their opponents into submission. The Spurs may not have the best player, although they have plenty of talent, and they certainly have the best system. It has taken many seasons for Coach Gregg Popovich to acquire pieces, like Boris Diaw and Danny Green, that perfectly complement the core of Tim Duncan and Tony Parker, and to install a system that maximizes everyone’s ability.

Unseating the Thunder and the Spurs means overcoming incomparable talent or surpassing a culture and a system 15 seasons in the making. Getting ahead of either team can be compared to running a marathon at a full sprint.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/10/27/sports/basketball/good-nba-teams-jostle-to-join-the-best-in-the-west.html?partner=rss&emc=rss&_r=0

cd98
10-27-2014, 02:25 PM
The biggest threat is complacency. We've seen how good the Spurs can be when they play angry. After they so thoroughly dominated the NBA and won the title, I'm not sure they will bring it right off the back. I could be wrong, but I see them struggling through the first month with injuries and motivation. They need to get embarrassed a few times to get that anger back.

will_spurs
10-27-2014, 02:46 PM
The biggest threat to any defending champ is themselves. Hopefully the Spurs manage to keep their act together.

Dallas is going to be tough. Carlisle is good. OKC would already have a title if Carlisle was coaching them.

After that OKC is the biggest threat, even with KD injured at the beginning of the season. They can still rely on the refs when in tough spots.

It's going to be interesting to see how good GSW and the Clippers can become with new coaches. However GSW is still a shoot-happy team, and the Clippers still have Chris Paul. For these reasons I don't see any of them reaching the WCF.

timtonymanu
10-27-2014, 03:09 PM
The biggest threat is complacency. We've seen how good the Spurs can be when they play angry. After they so thoroughly dominated the NBA and won the title, I'm not sure they will bring it right off the back. I could be wrong, but I see them struggling through the first month with injuries and motivation. They need to get embarrassed a few times to get that anger back.

This is also true. Plus this is gonna be potentially their 3rd straight Finals run. Fatigue is going to have to set in.

exstatic
10-27-2014, 11:00 PM
Isn't a referee's decision to blow his whistle one way or the other in a call that really could've gone either way precisely the very definition of luck? :lol

Pop would say you make your luck.

T Park
10-28-2014, 02:31 AM
Health, then, OKC, then, Dallas.

ginobilized
10-28-2014, 09:22 AM
It's a wildest shootout this season. One of the contenders will likely fall to injuries and one might over-achieve a bit.
OKC has a lot to prove, if they can adapt AND Durant comes back near his capabilities, they are a nightmare.
Dallas will be very interesting and Houston's clock is ticking. It seems like another season in which the 6-8th seeds in the West could easily be in the
2-4 spot in the East. I predict a dogfight!

Killakobe81
10-28-2014, 09:39 AM
OKC and Cleveland(to a lesser extent) are the only real threats to the Spurs, other than health(which is #1)..

All the other top teams(Clippers, Bulls, Warriors, Grizzlies) matchup pretty poorly with the Spurs..the Mavs aren't really a threat, last year's series was full of flukyness, they have way too many flaws to be a threat(horrible PGs, poor perimeter defense, Dirk's questionable health in April and forward)..

Agree with this iF Durant is healthy.
Refs are a non-factor, what a bunch of freaking babies.
Mavs are not to be taken lightly. Yes, they had some fluke plays in that series.
But RC is almost Pop's equal as a coach and Tyson provides the rim protection they lacked.
So many are afraid of Houston on here, Mavs will be better than the Rox this year.

benstanfield
11-06-2014, 12:25 AM
Livingston - 1 knee

Barbosa - choker

Iggy - Wrong side of 30. I think he's only temporarily on the bench until Livingston is back, anyway.

Green - no defense, rebounding or ball handling. Undersized.

Ezeli - huh? He's nothing.

Their bench is no better than OKC's.

benstanfield
11-06-2014, 12:26 AM
4-0 clowning LAC by 30