PDA

View Full Version : University of North Carolina academic fraud

Old School 44
10-26-2014, 02:31 AM
Just wondering if anybody has heard anything about how or if this had any impact on Danny Green?
http://www.cnn.com/2014/10/25/us/unc-report-academic-fraud/index.html?hpt=hp_c2

Bartleby
10-26-2014, 07:16 AM
"What happens to the 3,100 students who enrolled in fake classes and now have a degree stamped with the seal of the University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill -- an institution consistently ranked among the nation's top public schools?

Likely nothing."

Venti Quattro
10-26-2014, 07:50 AM
Duke University students and alum are creaming on their pants right now

exstatic
10-26-2014, 08:13 AM
Just wondering if anybody has heard anything about how or if this had any impact on Danny Green?
http://www.cnn.com/2014/10/25/us/unc-report-academic-fraud/index.html?hpt=hp_c2

What impact could this possibly have on Danny? He's an NBA player making millions. They can't somehow take that away from him.

Old School 44
10-26-2014, 08:50 AM
What impact could this possibly have on Danny? He's an NBA player making millions. They can't somehow take that away from him.
Could the NCAA strip UNC of the title they won? Did he knowingly participate? Will or has he had to testify against school officials and/or former teammates? Sure they can't take away his NBA millions, but it can impact him.

mookie2001
10-26-2014, 09:02 AM
I heard they could come arrest danny at any time

dbreiden83080
10-26-2014, 09:22 AM
College Sports is such a joke anymore in this regard. If a star basketball or football player is not showing up to class who the hell does the professor even report it to? Nobody in charge gives a shit with so much money to be made in athletics. Sure you can flunk them but the school needs to keep them eligible..

barbacoataco
10-26-2014, 10:16 AM
Between paper classes and online classes they all are faking their way through. My wife was in a class with Shaq at LSU back in the 90's and she said he didn't show up once and everyone knew who was taking his tests and writing his papers. That's just the way it is.

ElNono
10-26-2014, 10:40 AM
I heard he could be forced to wear a dunce hat

lmbebo
10-26-2014, 11:21 AM
System is a joke. Its all about big money. "Ethics" are to keep the schools and conferences making big money off of these kids.

scanry
10-26-2014, 02:08 PM
Every Division I school in America does this including Stanford.

barbacoataco
10-26-2014, 02:21 PM
Think about this - why do we never ever hear of athletes missing games due to academic ineligibility? You see it in high school games, not in college.

10-26-2014, 03:27 PM
I always wonder how guys pass their classes if they go deep into march madness. There's no way they're keeping up with their work and practicing/traveling/playing games.

exstatic
10-26-2014, 03:45 PM
I always wonder how guys pass their classes if they go deep into march madness. There's no way they're keeping up with their work and practicing/traveling/playing games.
They don't. Most of the one and dones stop going to classes the minute games are over. They really only have to pass one semester's classes.

SupremeGuy
10-26-2014, 05:47 PM
I heard they could come arrest danny at any timehttp://www.kellie.de/pics/fm3/eddieclarence.jpg

UZER
10-26-2014, 07:38 PM
just listen to half these guys talking in interviews and you know damn well they can't even read much less pass college courses at a major university.

Uriel
10-26-2014, 11:41 PM
The New Yorker published an absolutely brilliant satirical piece on this issue recently.

http://www.newyorker.com/humor/borowitz-report/u-n-c-boosters-outraged-athletes-took-real-classes

Baseline
10-27-2014, 12:27 AM
I graduated from Wake Forest, and I assure you that athletes at that school have to do their own work. Yes, some have tutors, but you have to study at that school. Or at least they did when Tim was there. Coach Odom was a stern guy - a great guy as well, but he didn't let anything slide and put up with zero BS.

As for Carolina, it's kind of common knowledge that they'll let anybody in there. The entrance requirements are quite low compared to Wake or Duke. Also, Carolina basketball players are basically gods on that campus, so good luck getting those guys to do anything.