PDA

View Full Version : Danny Green - Game 1

AceProfits
10-27-2014, 01:56 PM
I am watching Game 1 of the 2014 finals on NBA TV right now, and I seemingly forget how Danny Green exploded in that fourth quarter. Everyone was so busy with the cramping that we never gave Danny some respect in the days and months that followed.
:toast Cheers to Danny Green!

timtonymanu
10-27-2014, 02:05 PM
Games 3-5 are showing after iirc. Wish I didn't have to work right now.

AceProfits
10-27-2014, 02:07 PM
here are some highlights

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aDNe6htYD3E

I think Danny Green is severely underrated!

Fireball
10-27-2014, 02:15 PM
if this was the game where he finished several plays of the dribble, I agree ... even if he somehow cannot continue to do that he is more than a one trick pony because he plays defense and shoots well

in the first half of the preseason game against Houston I thought "wow, Danny really is defending Harden pretty well", but then Hardens third quarter happened :lol

KL2
10-27-2014, 03:30 PM
I wonder if he's reached his ceiling, he showed an improved mid range jumper and finishing ability, not perfect but much better than last year. I see him getting smarter, learning, he's not making the same mistakes he was before. He does fall for pump fakes, but I think he does it on purpose to run the 3pt shooter off the line and challenge TD/Splitter but the rim.

He's a very streaky player, but I think that's all mental, if he can consistently put it together on offense he's going to be sick.

Cry Havoc
10-27-2014, 03:35 PM
if this was the game where he finished several plays of the dribble, I agree ... even if he somehow cannot continue to do that he is more than a one trick pony because he plays defense and shoots well

in the first half of the preseason game against Houston I thought "wow, Danny really is defending Harden pretty well", but then Hardens third quarter happened :lol

Yep, I watched game 1 again recently and Green was driving to the tin every time they tried to close out on his 3s. Dude was playing like a man possessed. Game 5 was the only game where he wasn't an offensive asset and either way, dude played good D.

If Kawhi and Danny have breakout seasons this year, the Spurs are going to have THE best 1-3 combination in the game, period. Hopefully he's worked on his ball handling and will continue to attack fools in the paint. I love the floater he developed for the post-season last year.

Kool Bob Love
10-27-2014, 05:02 PM
Game 3 green>>>

Tuddy
10-28-2014, 12:00 AM
Dribble drives are a product of the system. Teams are constantly scrambling to close out on our shooters make it easy to drive by them. He's a perfect fit for us.