PDA

View Full Version : Spurs: LOL: Spurs Trying To Eff Over Kawi Leonard Causing Contract Talks To Stall

Koolaid_Man
10-27-2014, 08:32 PM
:lmao come on Phaggot take less like Tammy and the crew....LOL Spurs fucking over fiends.

Sources: No progress in extension talks between Kawhi Leonard, Spurs
As Kawhi Leonard (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/players/4896/) holds firm on his desire for a maximum contract, extension talks with the San Antonio Spurs (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/teams/sas/) have failed to gather traction despite a looming Friday deadline, league sources told Yahoo Sports.

Leonard, the 2014 NBA Finals Most Valuable Player, would become a restricted free agent in July without an extension agreement by midnight Oct. 31 – the deadline for eligible extensions for the NBA's draft class of 2011.
Spurs president and general manager R.C. Buford and agent Brian Elfus have had several discussions in recent weeks, but no progress has been made, league sources told Yahoo Sports.

Leonard, 23, is considered one of the NBA's rising young stars, and multiple league executives told Yahoo Sports he'll command a max offer sheet on the market next summer. The Spurs would assuredly match a sheet and retain Leonard, but there remains the risk of Leonard signing a similar offer sheet to Dallas Mavericks (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/teams/dal/) forward Chandler Parsons (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/players/4920/).

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/sources--no-progress-in-extension-talks-between-kawhi-leonard--spurs-050509203.html

djohn2oo8
10-27-2014, 08:38 PM
He'll get it, and he should.

Koolaid_Man
10-27-2014, 08:41 PM

He ain't no max player....he's actually fucking over all....he's worth no more than 8 a year...

djohn2oo8
10-27-2014, 08:45 PM
He ain't no max player....he's actually fucking over all....he's worth no more than 8 a year...

Finals MVP. He will get it.

RsxPiimp
10-27-2014, 08:46 PM
he better not take a pay cut, not when parsons and hayward are cashin in

DPG21920
10-27-2014, 08:52 PM
It would be terrible if LA ended up with Kevin Love, Lebron and Kawhi. Damn.

illusioNtEk
10-27-2014, 09:47 PM
Kobe is not worth max either

spurraider21
10-27-2014, 09:51 PM
Kobe is not worth max either
he's arguably not worth the min

vander
10-27-2014, 09:53 PM
time for some hardball, Spurs got to give the ball to Kawhi a lot this regular season, give him all the iso's he could ever want, let him fail, let him realize he's the product of a system...

Splits
10-27-2014, 10:02 PM
Makes almost no sense for Spurs to extend him when his cap hold will be a fifth of his eventual salary and allow the team to go after FAs next summer. Of course, the OP has no concept of how the salary cap works and probably only has one thought in his mind when reading "a fifth"

elmanutres
10-27-2014, 10:07 PM
he just won the won the finals mvp. Has alot of upside and with tim and manu leaving soon, he's gonna get it. Regardless. Add in the fact there are teams out there willing to give him the max, the spurs aren't dumb. They're gonna give it to him.

spurraider21
10-27-2014, 10:13 PM
time for spurs doctors to give him the good ole patty mills dislocated shoulder diagnosis

TDMVPDPOY
10-27-2014, 10:37 PM
remove kawhi from the equation and the spurs return to that shitty enrique team b4 kawhi came to the spurs, good rs team but choke artists in the playoffs

you pay the guy his due, without him spurs wouldnt have sniff the ass crack of a wcf/finals/championship appearance

if that choke artists ballhog fake ass leader of a dog coatriding faggot can get 13m a year, i see why kawhi cant get more than that, yet clowns upstairs thinks his only worth 8-12m?

the way i see it, t he spurs can just sit and wait and match what other teams max offer, which is probably higher then the current cba with the kick in % increase due to new cba, pay the guy now or suffer the consequence of overpaying him with new cba

look at this years FA on t he team where the spurs played hardball to decrease their value so they can fit either green/kawhi into the equation when their contract is up t o bring back the team, so with all hardball u still cant fit kawhi and u want him to take a paycut? fck that shit....go sniff a camels ass if ur interested in returning to the enrique era of bullshit pretender basketball...

Biernutz
10-28-2014, 12:22 AM
Still have till Friday to sign........

Kool Bob Love
10-28-2014, 01:13 AM
time for spurs doctors to give him the good ole patty mills dislocated shoulder diagnosis

Hows Kawhi's knees feeling these days? :nerd

spurraider21
10-28-2014, 01:29 AM
Hows Kawhi's knees feeling these days? :nerd
give him a bullshit diagnosis and drop the asking price :lol

TDMVPDPOY
10-28-2014, 02:29 AM
should there be a reason why kawhi has to earn less then the ballhog on the team?

Infinite_limit
10-28-2014, 02:45 AM
remove kawhi from the equation and the spurs return to that shitty enrique team b4 kawhi came to the spurs, good rs team but choke artists in the playoffs

you pay the guy his due, without him spurs wouldnt have sniff the ass crack of a wcf/finals/championship appearance

if that choke artists ballhog fake ass leader of a dog coatriding faggot can get 13m a year, i see why kawhi cant get more than that, yet clowns upstairs thinks his only worth 8-12m?

the way i see it, t he spurs can just sit and wait and match what other teams max offer, which is probably higher then the current cba with the kick in % increase due to new cba, pay the guy now or suffer the consequence of overpaying him with new cba

look at this years FA on t he team where the spurs played hardball to decrease their value so they can fit either green/kawhi into the equation when their contract is up t o bring back the team, so with all hardball u still cant fit kawhi and u want him to take a paycut? fck that shit....go sniff a camels ass if ur interested in returning to the enrique era of bullshit pretender basketball...
Really? All I heard all off season was "Greatest Playoff team ever. Would challenge the 1996 Bulls" and yet you're telling me losing a guy averaging 12 PPG would bring it all crashing down?

If I'm SA, I roll the dice and expect a guy yearning for a ring to sign with Pop & Parker to replace Duncan/Manu. Once the hometown discount boys leave, you can't overpay for role players

Cry Havoc
10-28-2014, 02:47 AM

So.... you agree with the Spurs then? Meaning you have no point to this thread, you're just spewing shit. K.

TDMVPDPOY
10-28-2014, 06:40 AM
Really? All I heard all off season was "Greatest Playoff team ever. Would challenge the 1996 Bulls" and yet you're telling me losing a guy averaging 12 PPG would bring it all crashing down?

losing a guy who played top notch defense who defended the top wing players in the league the tosb turnoboli/enrique couldnt defend who had to be bailed out cause their man was taking a regular dump on them

Killakobe81
10-28-2014, 06:51 AM
he's arguably not worth the min

Dumb post is dumb ...
Not worth max but minimum talk is foolish

Killakobe81
10-28-2014, 06:54 AM
KL not worth Max bit when Hayward gets around 15 I don't blame Kiwi. I'll say this glad to see teams like Warriors and Spurs taking a stand but problem is Klay and Kiwi better than dudes getting near max.

Expert
10-28-2014, 08:13 AM
Non-issue. He won't make a difference once Tim retires.

Expert
10-28-2014, 08:15 AM
Dumb post is dumb ...
Considering his output in past two seasons it makes sense.

Expert
10-28-2014, 08:19 AM

If I'm SA, I roll the dice and expect a guy yearning for a ring to sign with Pop & Parker to replace Duncan/Manu. Once the hometown discount boys leave, you can't overpay for role players

Spurs were off the charts efficient, not loaded. So yes, you change the team you lose efficiency. Is that rocket science or are you that stupid? They don't have a single top 10 player.

lefty
10-28-2014, 08:34 AM
He is the Finals MVP and he will be as star

But he is not a max player yet imo

Killakobe81
10-28-2014, 09:08 AM
Considering his output in past two seasons it makes sense.

Two years ago he was a legit all-star and all-team NBA ...
Last year he sucked but was hurt.
Of course he is overpaid but minimum talk shows how ignorant fans on here can be.

I hate Dwight, think he is not a true franchise guy but he had a great year last year and with the way money is thrown around he may not be as overpaid as I once thought ...in fact he might be fully deserving.

See, that is how you look past the hate.

Killakobe81
10-28-2014, 09:10 AM
Spurs were off the charts efficient, not loaded. So yes, you change the team you lose efficiency. Is that rocket science or are you that stupid? They don't have a single top 10 player.

He is right but i bet from 10-50 probably have more players than anyone else.
Spurs were not only efficient but most everyone that played significant mins. impacted both ends (save maybe Bonner/Ayers)

spurraider21
10-28-2014, 09:34 AM
Dumb post is dumb ...
Hyperbole

TDMVPDPOY
10-28-2014, 09:47 AM
He is right but i bet from 10-50 probably have more players than anyone else.
Spurs were not only efficient but most everyone that played significant mins. impacted both ends (save maybe Bonner/Ayers)

efficient in what? who actually turn up in the finals on offense? who turn up on defense? only handful of players perform their roles

the ones who performed their roles got underpaid on new contract, while the same fkn turd with the david copperfield disappearing act gets a loyalty contract when it looked like he was on his way to NYK...

either pay the man or dont get in his way

scrubs like chander, gordan starting salary on new contract is around 15m, with enrique at 13m, u telling me kawhi should accept less then 15, let alone accept less then copperfield? fck that shit....

who turn up when the big3 decided to take a shit together?
where was the big3 heading when it look like they were retiring till kawhi drop into the spurs hands
i dont buy this bs kawhi needed the spurs more then he actually needs, cause truth is he could be a star on any other team, his being held back by the system let alone the 3 tosb and chuckers on the team...the same turds who was afraid to turn up against okc let alone the heat....

KL2
10-28-2014, 09:53 AM
time for some hardball, Spurs got to give the ball to Kawhi a lot this regular season, give him all the iso's he could ever want, let him fail, let him realize he's the product of a system...

lol Leonard has always stepped it up without the big 3 playing, even with TP/Manu playing like shit in the 2013 finals, it was him that stepped it up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SXemx5E9t20

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HRWp2uNYkM8

I'd keep finding videos if I knew what games they sat out, but every single time they have he's had some of his best games of his career.

Btw, pay attention to the defensive match ups against CHI, they can't guard him. OKC is the same, they've tried switching KD, WB, Ibaka, etc. nobody can guard him. He's held back in the system, hasn't fit in it since day 1, but he's found a way to thrive, he's that good.

Killakobe81
10-28-2014, 09:53 AM
efficient in what? who actually turn up in the finals on offense? who turn up on defense? only handful of players perform their roles

the ones who performed their roles got underpaid on new contract, while the same fkn turd with the david copperfield disappearing act gets a loyalty contract when it looked like he was on his way to NYK...

either pay the man or dont get in his way

scrubs like chander, gordan starting salary on new contract is around 15m, with enrique at 13m, u telling me kawhi should accept less then 15, let alone accept less then copperfield? fck that shit....

who turn up when the big3 decided to take a shit together?
where was the big3 heading when it look like they were retiring till kawhi drop into the spurs hands
i dont buy this bs kawhi needed the spurs more then he actually needs, cause truth is he could be a star on any other team, his being held back by the system let alone the 3 tosb and chuckers on the team...the same turds who was afraid to turn up against okc let alone the heat....

Im all for KL getting max ...like you said scrubs are getting PAID!!
i just have no issue with Tony's contract.
You may be right KL might be able to do more in a featured role and that is why he wants max.

Clipper Nation
10-28-2014, 09:56 AM
Kawhi + Blake = the future.

Basketball version of Toffoli and Pearson :worthy:

TDMVPDPOY
10-28-2014, 10:05 AM
what the spurs have here is a player who is a 2way player who can hold/contain the best wing players in the league while still gettin his production even though his not the man who gets the green light to chuck

kawhi been there done that, pay the man

spurraider21
10-28-2014, 10:07 AM
Kawhi + Blake = the future.

Basketball version of Toffoli and Pearson :worthy:
Toffoli and Pearson are good, but some fans are getting carried away with them, considering how stacked the roster is with players better than them at this point. It remains to be seen how successful they'd be if they were on the first line

TDMVPDPOY
10-28-2014, 10:14 AM
spurs are dealt with a card the future is now, how they wish to play that card will burn whatever progress they have been trying to build for the 3 years after the failed enrique era...

kawhis contract situation is a bit like 03 jax situation, we dont want to head down that path again...

TDMVPDPOY
10-28-2014, 10:26 AM
have yet to see anyone can contain kawhi on offense...

scanry
10-28-2014, 10:49 AM
spurs are dealt with a card the future is now, how they wish to play that card will burn whatever progress they have been trying to build for the 3 years after the failed enrique era...

kawhis contract situation is a bit like 03 jax situation, we dont want to head down that path again...

Not even close. Kawhi is arguably Pop's second favorite player (after Tim obviously) and no way will he let him bolt tbh. Kawhi could be a top 10 player in a year or two, so i say pay the man.

BTW Stephen Jackson had a prime Tim Duncan carry his team to a title.

scanry
10-28-2014, 10:51 AM

You didn't cause Kawhi is still inconsistent on offense.

hater
10-28-2014, 10:52 AM
Lol ppl not understanding difference between max contract and max extension :lmao retards

hater
10-28-2014, 10:54 AM

Have yet to see anyone can contain Lebron other than Kawhi...

SpurSwag
10-28-2014, 11:01 AM
They should pay kawhi whatever he wants

TDMVPDPOY
10-28-2014, 11:03 AM
Not even close. Kawhi is arguably Pop's second favorite player (after Tim obviously) and no way will he let him bolt tbh. Kawhi could be a top 10 player in a year or two, so i say pay the man.

BTW Stephen Jackson had a prime Tim Duncan carry his team to a title.

u forgot who showed up in 03, how fast u forget what happen the year after

do i need to mention the 2nd stint with the spurs when he showed up against the okc team while everyone decided to go take a shit?

apalisoc_9
10-28-2014, 01:35 PM
Reggie Miller

" alot of what Andrei ( Iguoadala) does doesn't show up in the boxscores..Like dribbling, rebounding"

:lol

What a dumbass

Clipper Nation
10-28-2014, 01:44 PM
Toffoli and Pearson are good, but some fans are getting carried away with them, considering how stacked the roster is with players better than them at this point. It remains to be seen how successful they'd be if they were on the first line
Their line is basically the only line that's scoring, they're carrying the team along with Quick :lol