PDA

View Full Version : Starting line-up : Finals or rest of season?

testies
10-29-2014, 10:32 PM
Not that starting line-ups is an important thing (overall minutes are)

but should we pick up from where we left with Diaw in the starting line-up and exploiting Gino-Splitter chemistry coming off the bench? Or should we play "twin towers" that can be stagnant on offense?

Russ
10-29-2014, 10:41 PM
Twin towers.:flag:

Silver&Black
10-29-2014, 10:43 PM
Whatever Pop decides....I'm fine with it.

DesignatedT
10-29-2014, 11:04 PM
Start Splitter. Helps conserve Duncan throughout the season. health is most important.

Richie
10-29-2014, 11:21 PM
Diaw is a great situational player when teams go small at the 4, but over the course of a long season it's much better to start Splitter. Most teams start 2 big men.

Cry Havoc
10-29-2014, 11:27 PM
Pink this fool.

ajh18
10-29-2014, 11:31 PM
May be a viable question if a goal for the season is to get Leonard more involved in the offense and create spacing to allow him to get to the paint/post more easily.

Arcadian
10-30-2014, 12:50 AM
Depends on the matchup. Splitter will start about 75% of the time.

Robz4000
10-30-2014, 12:50 AM
Lets just hope Splitter is actually able to play. From what it sounds like this back injury could be pretty damn serious.

z0sa
10-30-2014, 02:17 AM
I think Duncan and Ginobili's minutes need to be limited. That is the primary focus. However that can be attained, that is the path of progress.

cd021
10-30-2014, 11:39 AM
Start Splitter. Helps conserve Duncan throughout the season. health is most important.
Bringing Splitter off the bench as Duncans backup would probably be a better way to conserve Duncan. a 28/20 split should keep both healthy.

DesignatedT
10-30-2014, 06:11 PM
Bringing Splitter off the bench as Duncans backup would probably be a better way to conserve Duncan. a 28/20 split should keep both healthy.

Splitter starting allows Duncan to take the easier assignment defensively and lets Splitter take the wear and tear of guarding opposing bruisers.

wildcardX
10-30-2014, 07:03 PM
Start Splitter for regular season and during playoffs go according to match ups with Diaw.

Whoa, good news! I thought I was coming down with a cold here at work. Realized the nausea was from watching Cleveland having a Heatles type celebration, throwing chalk all over the place. I think the upset stomach was from having to watch the Knicks on TV 2 nights in a row.

cd021
10-30-2014, 09:11 PM
Splitter starting allows Duncan to take the easier assignment defensively and lets Splitter take the wear and tear of guarding opposing bruisers.
Either way Duncan would guard the center so i'm not so sure that matters. With Splitter backing Duncan up, Duncan minutes would be better limited with a legit backup.

DesignatedT
10-30-2014, 10:17 PM
Duncan guards the easier matchup out of the two. Been that way for two years now and has worked great for TD. Starting Boris puts a lot more responsibility on Duncan to guard the paint. Pop has done a great job the last couple years by starting tim and Tiago and still being able to space out their minutes to where one of them is almost always on the court.

The Spurs have also returned to the top 5 in every major defensive category with Tim and Tiago starting. No reason to change what's been working. If the playoffs roll around and Boris is a better matchup then he will be inserted without problem but I don't see the benefit of doing it in the regular season. Boris is great off the bench and is needed even more now with Joseph being the PG.