PDA

View Full Version : Cedric Benson

Horry For 3!
08-26-2005, 04:45 PM
He is pissing me off! :pctoss He needs to fucking sign with the Bears already! :cuss

2pac
08-26-2005, 05:10 PM
i was gonna sign my nfl contract but then i got high

samikeyp
08-26-2005, 05:28 PM
looks like he broke into Ricky's stash.

Holdouts piss me off anyway but rookie holdouts really piss me off. As a rookie, you haven't done a goddam thing in the league yet and despite the sunshine your agent is blowing up your ass, you may NOT be as good as you think you are. Get into camp and prove it, bitch.

CrashMag
08-26-2005, 08:30 PM
whats up with the RB's from texas... they keep
giving texas a bad rap. like WR and Florida.... but he will still
be on my FFL top 10 how sad.

N.Y. Johnny
08-26-2005, 09:46 PM
looks like he broke into Ricky's stash.

Holdouts piss me off anyway but rookie holdouts really piss me off. As a rookie, you haven't done a goddam thing in the league yet and despite the sunshine your agent is blowing up your ass, you may NOT be as good as you think you are. Get into camp and prove it, bitch.

Thats about how I feel..

the thing with Benson is that he's demanding from The Bears "Phillip Rivers" Money, just like Rivers got at the 4 position last year...this is just plain stupid and outrageous, and this kid is really fuckin putting his career on the line now, at this point he's behind, way behind and the later it gets and the closer the season starts its just a disaster....money aside, you gotta get in there as early as you can as a rookie and get as much practice and pre season in. I think this is going to end up hurting him more than it helps

duncan_21
08-27-2005, 11:14 AM
I didn't even want benson. He's reaching TO bitch status. I wanted Mike williams or heith miller. Instead we get a bitch rb who other then one other draft pick is the only one who hasn't signed.

Aggie Hoopsfan
08-27-2005, 11:23 AM
Not only is El Ced smoking a lot of pot, dude's apparently sharing it with his agent.

I'd love to be there in practice the first day after he does sign, when Urlacher plants his ass and tell him to knock off the primadonna shit.

Horry For 3!
08-28-2005, 10:47 PM
He finally signed. That is good news now I will actually get to see him play.

duncan_21
08-29-2005, 12:47 AM
I wonder why he finally signed? What's different from today that he couldn't get after the 3 and 5 picks were signed? Since we're talking about bitch rbs how bout clarett getting waived by the broncos. :lol

Horry For 3!
08-29-2005, 12:56 AM
I wonder why he finally signed? What's different from today that he couldn't get after the 3 and 5 picks were signed? Since we're talking about bitch rbs how bout clarett getting waived by the broncos. :lol
That is funny :lol I never liked Clarett, he sucks. :tu

N.Y. Johnny
08-29-2005, 10:19 AM
Clarett was just lazy and lacked the work ethic to make it.
He sat off the field for weeks probably faking a hamstring injury and just didn't get enough time on the field...Shanahan just figured to cut losses and admit a mistake.

This guy will never be over a practice squad player, either that or its the CFL for him.

mookie2001
08-29-2005, 11:56 AM
ahf you suck
you need to smoke some pot

mookie2001
08-29-2005, 11:58 AM
whats up with the RB's from texas... they keep
giving texas a bad rap. like WR and Florida.... but he will still
be on my FFL top 10 how sad.
???
ricky retired before training camp last year and now he's back
cedric went to rookie camp and held out until the last week of training camp

and priest holmes...ummm has broken nearly every TD record known to man

what a bunch of lowlifes

Horry For 3!
08-29-2005, 01:23 PM
???
ricky retired before training camp last year and now he's back
cedric went to rookie camp and held out until the last week of training camp

and priest holmes...ummm has broken nearly every TD record known to man

what a bunch of lowlifes
What about Earl Campbell? He sucks. :lmao

2centsworth
08-29-2005, 01:28 PM
El Ced made out like a bandit. He got 17mm guaranteed.

duncan_21
08-29-2005, 02:56 PM
a 17 milli????

damn he's going to be king of south chi-town

I doubt it. With the bears luck of 1st round offensive picks he'll either suck and get cut or will have injuries and get waived.

Here are the other offesive 1st round jewels the bears have picked:

benson rb- head case, premadonna, won't be ready at the earliest until game 4

grossman qb - an undersized and possibly overrated by college scouts qb who has yet to play more then 6 games in the nfl, not in one season but for his career in 3 years. Just had possibly a season ending injury.

terrell wr - head case, TOs attitude w/out the skills was waived and is now battling for a spot with the pats

columbo ot - has been hurt the last 2 seasons, is battling for a spot as 2nd string t

Those were the recent ones, I could also mention McNutz, salaam, curtis penis.

mookie2001
08-29-2005, 03:01 PM
can you explain to me why Benson is a head case and a "premadonna"?

samikeyp
08-29-2005, 03:30 PM
don't know if he is a head case but for holding out, he gets the primadonna label from me.

duncan_21
08-29-2005, 09:48 PM
can you explain to me why Benson is a head case and a "premadonna"?

Did you see him on espn when he got drafted. Dude was crying and mad people were asking about his past. Head case = trouble with the cops during his college career.

Horry For 3!
08-29-2005, 10:36 PM
Benson got 5 years $35 mil.

duncan_21
08-30-2005, 07:59 AM
Benson got 5 years $35 mil.

Yeah, but how is he gonna feed his children? If he plays all 16 games of each of the 5 seasons he will make about 430k per game. That amounts to about 8x what I make at my job working 46 hrs a week. And about the same for teachers.

And all benson has done for the bears is...well...absolutely nothing.

mookie2001
08-30-2005, 12:33 PM
^^^ he's a first round pick i dont think any picks have ever done anything for their teams before they signed their rookie contracts (i could be wrong)

how is he a "premadonna"?
and 50% of players who get drafted cry asshole

and his "trouble" with the cops consisted of him getting detained for smoking a passed joint around at a party in Midland (which amounted legally to jackshit) and him going to some girls house who wouldnt give him his tv and banging on the door asking for his tv back (legally nothing again)
id say thats not much for spending 4 years in college
i lived in Austin during these stories and the media did cover them more than anywhere else and even they admitted they over covered them when he was cleared of everything

samikeyp
08-30-2005, 04:34 PM
If you think you are too good to show up on time, you are a primadonna.

mookie2001
08-30-2005, 05:01 PM
he didnt have a contract
would you go to work if you werent getting paid?

samikeyp
08-30-2005, 05:10 PM
hence the problem. He felt he was too good to accept that contract. If I was going from zero dollars to whatever the Bears were first offering which was millions....I would be there in a heartbeat.

BTW, he did go to mini-camp with the Bears without a contract, they have insurance policies for such situations.

mookie2001
08-30-2005, 05:20 PM
yeah i said that earlier in this thread

the guy played pro baseball for 3 years, being more contract savvy than the average rookie, im sure he just didnt want to get fucked over

he was the last 1st rounder to sign and usually every year theres a guy who misses the start of the regular season and beyond
so dont act like the guy is terrell owens

samikeyp
08-30-2005, 05:24 PM
Just because there is one guy every year that does it, doesn't make it right.

You are right though, he is not like TO. TO is worse, the only thing I dislike more than unproven rookies bitching about money is players who fail to honor a signed contract. In the real world if you balk on a signed contract, you get fired or sued or both. Philly fans deserve better than that.

IceColdBrewski
08-30-2005, 05:31 PM
so dont act like the guy is terrell owens

Owens has never been in trouble with the law, and was in camp long before lil ricky. And unlike lil ricky, Owens has actually earned the right to ask for a new contract with the numbers he put up last year. Benson hasn't done a damn thing in the NFL.

samikeyp
08-30-2005, 05:38 PM
True....say what you will about TO...and we do :) .....but to his credit he hasn't been busted with drugs, he's not a cheater or a beater to his women and he brings it all on the field.

I agree with you Ice that he has the right to ask for a new contract but by the same rule, the Eagles have the right to say no. I don't think either side should go public. To TO's credit, he was there on the first day of camp. I don't believe in holdouts especially when you have a signed contract.

mookie2001
08-30-2005, 05:39 PM
did yall read what ced's "trouble" with the law was
total bullshit
ill admit ive had more trouble than him and id bet half of ST has too

samikeyp
08-30-2005, 05:40 PM
didn't he get busted for possession one summer?

AlamoSpursFan
08-30-2005, 06:38 PM
didn't he get busted for possession one summer?

His companion claimed ownership of the SIQ (Spleef In Question) and he passed a subsequent drug test.