PDA

View Full Version : Lakers: Kobe already going off on teammates

djohn2oo8
10-30-2014, 12:40 AM
Serena Winters @SerenaWinters Follow (https://twitter.com/SerenaWinters) Kobe said he talked to Lin on the bench & said "you got to run the offense. I'm telling you to run the offense & you got to do it."(on TWC)

ducks
10-30-2014, 12:43 AM
He is doing what james is doing

apalisoc_9
10-30-2014, 12:43 AM
Lol how does one get motivated to play for the lakers anyway?

Run play as in run plays for kobe..

:lmao

FkLA
10-30-2014, 12:45 AM
25 shots in 28 minutes and he's telling the PG to 'run the offense'.

I've never seen a player make such stupid comments and still end up being glorified by the media for his 'competitiveness'. Can't wait for this faggot to suffer a career ending injury tbh.

djohn2oo8
10-30-2014, 12:47 AM

apalisoc_9
10-30-2014, 12:48 AM

I've never seen a player make such stupid comments and still end up being glorified by the media for his 'competitiveness'. Can't wait for this faggot to suffer a career ending injury tbh.

Word..

His fans are the worst...

TDMVPDPOY
10-30-2014, 12:49 AM
when he was on the bench didnt the lakers close the lead down to 10pts? what happen with this pos when he went back into the game...

Kool Bob Love
10-30-2014, 12:49 AM

djohn2oo8
10-30-2014, 12:50 AM

apalisoc_9
10-30-2014, 12:52 AM

Wow...

Blaming everything on LIN...

Run LIN run

djohn2oo8
10-30-2014, 12:55 AM

Kool Bob Love
10-30-2014, 12:56 AM
^

http://www.reactiongifs.com/r/2013/09/dead2.gif

Clipper Nation
10-30-2014, 12:57 AM
Wow...

Blaming everything on LIN...

Run LIN run

Poor Lin, ends up being The Scapegoat! everywhere he goes.

BillMc
10-30-2014, 12:58 AM
Even in their last championship days Kobe always scape-goated others such as Pau publicly, who as a team player just sort of took it. Now that he's on an abysmal team, this has the potential for high comedy.

Xylus
10-30-2014, 01:00 AM

FkLA
10-30-2014, 01:02 AM
Some of these journalists that glorify him have got to be geeks that have never picked up a basketball. Or just dumb broads like this chick. Anybody that has played basketball even at a lower level would realize that it would absolutely suck to play with a ballhog that that never gets any blame, receives all the glory and throws teammates under the bus. Instead these journalists act like players should be bending over backwards to play alongside Kobe. :lol

Malik Hairston
10-30-2014, 01:07 AM
Some of these journalists that glorify him have got to be geeks that have never picked up a basketball. Or just dumb broads like this chick. Anybody that has played basketball even at a lower level would realize that it would absolutely suck to play with a ballhog that that never gets any blame, receives all the glory and throws teammates under the bus. Instead these journalists act like players should be bending over backwards to play alongside Kobe. :lol

It's actually the opposite, tbh..

All the new media guys detest Kobe, since they judge their rankings on metrics, etc(where Kobe generally doesn't rate as well as other all-timers)..

It's the old-school people that defend him at all costs..it seems like a lot of people have turned on him now, though..

djohn2oo8
10-30-2014, 01:09 AM
Kobe is going to make Lin even more passive.

FkLA
10-30-2014, 01:15 AM

All the new media guys detest Kobe, since they judge their rankings on metrics, etc(where Kobe generally doesn't rate as well as other all-timers)..

It's the old-school people that defend him at all costs..it seems like a lot of people have turned on him now, though..

Idk man all the mainstream media still loves to suck him off from what I've seen. I'm all for you theory that advanced metrics will expose him a decade from now though, hope that ends up being the case tbh.

Silver&Black
10-30-2014, 01:19 AM
As long as Kirby doesn't ring

Xylus
10-30-2014, 01:21 AM
Kobe has no idea how to motivate teammates.

Malik Hairston
10-30-2014, 01:26 AM
Idk man all the mainstream media still loves to suck him off from what I've seen. I'm all for you theory that advanced metrics will expose him a decade from now though, hope that ends up being the case tbh.

Henry Abott(the guy that shook the Lakers world with his article on ESPN last week:lol) and TrueHoop started the movement, tbh:lol..

Cry Havoc
10-30-2014, 01:27 AM
Most overrated player in American sports history. What a shithouse of a person Kobe is.

ElNono
10-30-2014, 01:37 AM
Too soon. Considering injuries, he's gonna run out of teammates to throw under the bus before the season is over.

BillMc
10-30-2014, 01:57 AM

This

Robz4000
10-30-2014, 02:06 AM
Jesus fuck, they're two games in and already throwing Lin under the bus? :lmao...

Sean Cagney
10-30-2014, 02:10 AM
Word..

His fans are the worst...
His fans are beyond the worst, they are the most annoying in sports IMO. I don't even hate the guy but his fans are beyond delusional at times, some dumb bitch tried to say on ESPN comments Best ever, I said EH NO. Someone posted his career misses and so on and she put up some stuff about him and said best ever. They are seriously delusional and just a fan of Kobe IMO. They even shit on Shaq who won them three titles as their leader because of their beef, they are a cult.
Jesus fuck, they're two games in and already throwing Lin under the bus? :lmao...

They better get used to it because Houston let him go for a reason, he is garbage. They have a better PG there already, he is a backup.
Most overrated player in American sports history. What a shithouse of a person Kobe is.
One of the most overrated defenders I have ever seen, gets All D votes but can't switch over to shut down a guy going off like the Finals in 04 with Billups and Hamilton or 08 like Pierce or Allen, instead he camps out on Prince and Rondo and watches those guys go off although they are around his size. What great defender does that? Very overrated and his finals stats are subpar IMO for the most part. His game winners are pretty bad as well. He is an all time great but overrated.

Venti Quattro
10-30-2014, 02:16 AM
How can Kobe fans be more annoying than Spurs fans tbh? Spurs fans always think they have a monopoly of class in each NBA discussion.

spurraider21
10-30-2014, 02:18 AM
:lmao NBA.com's headline for the game

Suns Burn Lakers Despite Kobe's 31 (http://www.nba.com/#)

Venti Quattro
10-30-2014, 02:20 AM
Anyway, if Kobe plans on going off on his teammates every night, maybe that's the way to help this team wake up although it's a dick move. However, he shouldn't take half the tean's total shots. That's awful. Shit first two games, hopefully they can not suck in the upcoming games.

Reck
10-30-2014, 02:24 AM

A career ending injury would be too good for him.

He is now beginning to have a taste of what it is to have no one to bail his weak ass out.

There is no better way for him to end his career than to see him fuck the Lakers organization every which way to Sunday.

Sean Cagney
10-30-2014, 02:27 AM
How can Kobe fans be more annoying than Spurs fans tbh?

They are a fan of a player and Spurs fans are a fan of a team? They throw players under the bus like Shaq and act like he was not a huge part of their title runs and only praise Kobe, turned on Shaq after he left. They are Kobe fans, not LA fans to be honest, if he left they would follow him.

z0sa
10-30-2014, 02:28 AM
Gotdamn what a circle jerk.

AussieFanKurt
10-30-2014, 02:32 AM
Gotdamn what a circle jerk.

how do you mean

TDMVPDPOY
10-30-2014, 02:32 AM
They are a fan of a player and Spurs fans are a fan of a team? They throw players under the bus like Shaq and act like he was not a huge part of their title runs and only praise Kobe, turned on Shaq after he left. They are Kobe fans, not LA fans to be honest, if he left they would follow him.

seems like upstairs tbh....spurs section = enrique

Reck
10-30-2014, 02:33 AM

You still banned up there TDMVP?

TDMVPDPOY
10-30-2014, 02:35 AM

it still hurts

AussieFanKurt
10-30-2014, 02:48 AM
it still hurts

What do you think of the AFL draw

TDMVPDPOY
10-30-2014, 02:58 AM
What do you think of the AFL draw

dont keep tabs on it actually, just watch games here and there...

been trying to watch aleague games...but that shit looks like amateurs at ur local park kickin a ball to each other...

AussieFanKurt
10-30-2014, 03:02 AM
dont keep tabs on it actually, just watch games here and there...

been trying to watch aleague games...but that shit looks like amateurs at ur local park kickin a ball to each other...

yeah its basically the soccer version of the NBL but more people go tbh

Sean Cagney
10-30-2014, 03:21 AM

Go to ESPN boards or comments and so on man, nobody is as bad as Kobe fans, they are the worst by far. They even will go as far as to say I think he is better than Jordan at times, you will never hear a Tony fan say that about him being better than Magic etc. The Kobe fans are by far the worst.

TDMVPDPOY
10-30-2014, 03:28 AM
Go to ESPN boards or comments and so on man, nobody is as bad as Kobe fans, they are the worst by far. They even will go as far as to say I think he is better than Jordan at times, you will never hear a Tony fan say that about him being better than Magic etc. The Kobe fans are by far the worst.

u get that on every message board, even on realgm by homers doing everything to protect their favorite players, even when u posts facts and stats they tend to ignore it and only select shit that favors them...

pookenstein
10-30-2014, 05:56 AM

He did suffer the career ending injury when he tore his achilles. He's only in the league for the amusement of all non-kobestans. Imagine that drunk knight from Game of thrones, Sansa saved after the king wanted to drown him in wine. His life was spared, but he became the new fool...

7bdVnp-xrgM

Cowboys_Wear_Spurs
10-30-2014, 08:11 AM
http://www.nba.com/games/20141029/LALPHX/gameinfo.html?ls=slt

This video shows everything that's wrong with the Lakers right now. Go to :50 in. Kobe bricking and playing no defense.

DMC
10-30-2014, 08:15 AM
Kobe has no idea how to motivate teammates.
He motivates them to leave.

DMX7
10-30-2014, 08:34 AM
A career ending injury would be too good for him.

He is now beginning to have a taste of what it is to have no one to bail his weak ass out.

There is no better way for him to end his career than to see him fuck the Lakers organization every which way to Sunday.

:lol I like how you think

TDMVPDPOY
10-30-2014, 08:56 AM
http://www.nba.com/games/20141029/LALPHX/gameinfo.html?ls=slt

This video shows everything that's wrong with the Lakers right now. Go to :50 in. Kobe bricking and playing no defense.

u know he doesnt dare to challenge lateral quickness cause he scared of tearing the achilles...

JamStone
10-30-2014, 08:58 AM
Kobe fans are only rivaled by Kobe haters.

Take the quote in the original post and I don't see how bad it is. Give that same quote verbatim and attach it to Tim Duncan telling it to Tony Parker having an off night, and the quote would be viewed as a concerned leader who was encouraging and mentoring his teammate. Attach it to Kobe and it's viewed as him yelling condescendingly and blaming Lin.

Now that may very well be the case, but the OP has the quote with no context. The quote itself doesn't even seem all that bad.

TDMVPDPOY
10-30-2014, 09:24 AM
throwing lin under the table,

the chinese fans will just say they dont care cause his taiwanese or abc

when his successful they will claim him back as chinese

lol brainwashed faggots, just delusional as the laker fan base...

TDMVPDPOY
10-30-2014, 09:32 AM
pacific division are a delusional bunch

lakers thinkn they make playoffs
gsw thinkn they going all the way
port beating a scrub okc team thinkn of going all the way...

all 3 teams have 1 thing in common, the light at the end of the tunnel is a spurs train

Indazone
10-30-2014, 09:41 AM
Entire interview - Kobe/Lin Wasn't that bad.

“He’s just got to go out there and play his game. I think right now he’s just thinking too much,” Scott said. The Lakers need consistent impact ball from Lin. He was deferring too much early in the first quarter with the Lakers settling for long contested jumpers as a result. He didn’t pick it up as the game went along. He and Kobe sat next to each other and talked it over in the fourth. “You got to run the offense,” Kobe said. “Like I’m telling you to run the offense. You got to do it. Me and DFish used to bicker and snipe at each other all the time, and I couldn’t love a teammate more. These guys are young, man, so it takes a little time to understand that. Teams become really great by challenging each other, and I want it to be his role to orchestrate the offense, call the right things, get guys in the right spot.” If you didn’t understand that, Kobe was telling him to take things over and not defer as much (not to run it like Kobe was telling him to…), to assert himself into that leadership role. “I’m frustrated, but I’m going to go home figure out what I need to do, what changes I need to make and make sure I’m going to do my best to do that next game,” Lin said. The offense just looks so clunky out there right now. Kobe knows it’s going to be him and Lin to drive this thing. The Stats:He scored 6 points on 2-5 shooting (0-2 from three, 2-2 from the line) to go with 2 boards, 1 assist and 2 turnovers in 21 minutes. He

Indazone
10-30-2014, 09:50 AM
On the other hand..there is this http://bit.ly/103QaBi :lmao

:

Henrik Sedin
10-30-2014, 09:51 AM
Spur fans are retarded.

Lin is averging 5.5 points and 3 assists a game as a starter. Kobe actually is the only one worth a fuck in these games.

Lin looks horrible and Boozer looks mediocre as hell. They can keep up with Kobe in the game.. but as soon as that bench hits... well we know the rest

TDMVPDPOY
10-30-2014, 09:59 AM
Spur fans are retarded.

Lin is averging 5.5 points and 3 assists a game as a starter. Kobe actually is the only one worth a fuck in these games.

Lin looks horrible and Boozer looks mediocre as hell. They can keep up with Kobe in the game.. but as soon as that bench hits... well we know the rest

did u watch the game clown when they were down and out till kobe sat on the bench, they actually got the lead down to single digits, i dont know how that shit exploded to a beating at the end...

Spurs 4 The Win
10-30-2014, 10:08 AM

Like he cares, he is getting paid millions to play basketball. Usually his kind are doctors working shit hours so he is in paradise.

Cry Havoc
10-30-2014, 10:09 AM
Take the quote in the original post and I don't see how bad it is. Give that same quote verbatim and attach it to Tim Duncan telling it to Tony Parker having an off night, and the quote would be viewed as a concerned leader who was encouraging and mentoring his teammate. Attach it to Kobe and it's viewed as him yelling condescendingly and blaming Lin.

It's almost like Tim Duncan has never thrown a teammate under the bus, let alone multiple teammates, let alone multiple ALL-NBA teammates.

It's almost like Tim Duncan doesn't take 50% of his team's shots then blames the PG for not running offensive sets.

It's almost like there's a difference in attitude among those players.

But you let me know when Duncan blames a teammate for a loss, ok chief? Because it will be the first time.

Inb4 :cry so much class :cry

TDMVPDPOY
10-30-2014, 10:17 AM
It's almost like Tim Duncan has never thrown a teammate under the bus, let alone multiple teammates, let alone multiple ALL-NBA teammates.

It's almost like Tim Duncan doesn't take 50% of his team's shots then blames the PG for not running offensive sets.

But you let me know when Duncan blames a teammate for a loss, ok chief? Because it will be the first time.

im certain td wouldve bolted to orlando after witnessing the choke job of enrique during the lakers 3peat years....

JamStone
10-30-2014, 10:19 AM

He and Kobe sat next to each other and talked it over in the fourth. “You got to run the offense,” Kobe said. “Like I’m telling you to run the offense. You got to do it. Me and DFish used to bicker and snipe at each other all the time, and I couldn’t love a teammate more. These guys are young, man, so it takes a little time to understand that. Teams become really great by challenging each other, and I want it to be his role to orchestrate the offense, call the right things, get guys in the right spot.” If you didn’t understand that, Kobe was telling him to take things over and not defer as much (not to run it like Kobe was telling him to…), to assert himself into that leadership role.

Does that sound like throwing a teammate under the bus? That's all I'm saying. Taking a quote without any context and then ignorantly assuming what he's doing.

It's not even in defense of Kobe for anything else. He's a horrible person off the court. And he's a washed up has-been chucking for scoring history.

It has more to do with Kobe haters twisting any little thing they can to bash the guy. If any other star player in the league said what Kobe said, would there even be a thread about it? Would people even care. Now read that Kobe quote again with more context that Indazone posted and tell me how bad the quote is.

Gervin44Silas13
10-30-2014, 10:19 AM
leave to Kobe to blame everybody....hey asshole you ran off Shaq and Gasol...and your NOT GOAT coach (who rode the coatails of Jordan)

Fuck you Kobe retire already selfish narsasstic asshole!

StrengthAndHonor
10-30-2014, 10:25 AM
Totally thrown out of context. Considering who started the thread, it'd hardly a surprise.

djohn2oo8
10-30-2014, 10:27 AM
Kobe fanbois are a joy.

StrengthAndHonor
10-30-2014, 10:31 AM
Kobe haters are equally amusing. They actually find this kind of trolling an achievement in their daily life.

Cry Havoc
10-30-2014, 10:34 AM
Does that sound like throwing a teammate under the bus? That's all I'm saying. Taking a quote without any context and then ignorantly assuming what he's doing.

It's not even in defense of Kobe for anything else. He's a horrible person off the court. And he's a washed up has-been chucking for scoring history.

It has more to do with Kobe haters twisting any little thing they can to bash the guy. If any other star player in the league said what Kobe said, would there even be a thread about it? Would people even care. Now read that Kobe quote again with more context that Indazone posted and tell me how bad the quote is.

:cry Kobe has it so rough, after an entire career of "me first" play and blaming teammates people will read into what he says. :cry

Reputation fucking matters. And it's a bad quote when you take almost FOUR TIMES as many shots as anyone else in the starting 5, and then tell your PG to run the offense. Maybe... Kobe should take a step back, realize he has some new teammates, and try to involve them in the offense more? Nah. Too much to ask. He's going to go get his, but then expect everyone to play well around him even as he turns the offense into a black hole.

Teammates get the honor of playing around Kobe. Nevermind things like developing rhythm, offensive flow, or the fact that most of his teammates are still learning the system. He gotta get dat 30ppg to prop his legacy up.

djohn2oo8
10-30-2014, 10:40 AM
Kobe haters are equally amusing. They actually find this kind of trolling an achievement in their daily life.

That's Kobe fanbois problem. You think it's trolling to say its laughable for the cancer to take most of the shots and missing, yet still blaming his teammates.

Clipper Nation
10-30-2014, 10:41 AM
I don't see any trolling or hating, I just see facts.

The problem is that the media has overrated Kirby's image and legacy to such an insane degree that merely pointing out reality is considered "hating." And the reality is that Kirby has always been a role player who thinks he's the first option, a selfish chucker, and a team cancer.

Indazone
10-30-2014, 11:08 AM
Lin went just 2-5 from the field for 6 points with 2 rebounds, 1 assist, and 2 turnovers.

Completely unacceptable for him to attempt just 5 shots when he's running the offense. Really does need to assert himself and find a role.

ElNono
10-30-2014, 11:12 AM
You could say Kirby was motivating him, but telling Lin what role he needs to have is the coach job's though.

It seems to be Kirby wants Lin to be DFish's type of floor general. Lin isn't that. He's not going to be that, that's not who he is. The reality is that Kobe is going to have to adapt to the crud he has around him, and accept his coach isn't going to play the system he likes. He won't, but that's really what the bottom line is.

djohn2oo8
10-30-2014, 11:22 AM
Lin went just 2-5 from the field for 6 points with 2 rebounds, 1 assist, and 2 turnovers.

Completely unacceptable for him to attempt just 5 shots when he's running the offense. Really does need to assert himself and find a role.

Hard to do when Kirby takes 25 shots In 28 minutes

JamStone
10-30-2014, 11:23 AM
:cry Kobe has it so rough, after an entire career of "me first" play and blaming teammates people will read into what he says. :cry

Reputation fucking matters. And it's a bad quote when you take almost FOUR TIMES as many shots as anyone else in the starting 5, and then tell your PG to run the offense. Maybe... Kobe should take a step back, realize he has some new teammates, and try to involve them in the offense more? Nah. Too much to ask. He's going to go get his, but then expect everyone to play well around him even as he turns the offense into a black hole.

Teammates get the honor of playing around Kobe. Nevermind things like developing rhythm, offensive flow, or the fact that most of his teammates are still learning the system. He gotta get dat 30ppg to prop his legacy up.

I'm not defending Kobe. I already said he's a horrible person and a hasbeen who's chucking for scoring records.

What I'm doing is criticizing the premise of this thread, as if there isn't a billion legitimate things to criticize Kobe about. The original post with the original quote is being used to criticize Kobe, and I was just saying I didn't even find the quote as something negative about Kobe. Get more context about the quote, and I actually think it's probably something positive to talk about Kobe. Trying to get his teammate to play more aggressive. Is that really a bad thing, even if it's coming from Kobe?

Thing is with Kobe haters, they'll use anything to try to bash or discredit him. Should Kobe had sulked at the end of the bench and not talked to anyone, someone would have started a thread about how horrible a leader Kobe was for pouting and ignoring his teammates and not talking to them. If Kobe had said something explicitly positive to Lin like, "don't worry, we will get better. Just keep pushing," someone would have started a thread about how delusional Kobe was. That's what I'm saying. But what was Kobe supposed to say to Lin after Lin had 1 assist, 2 turnovers and the starters other than Kobe shot 32% from the field and they get blown out? "Hey, Jeremy, great job. Keep playing exactly how you're playing. We're awesome." I guess no Kobe hater would have criticized that either right?

As bad as Kobe fanbois are, thing is Kobe haters are just as bad, if not worse. There aren't even Kobe fans defending him anymore. They all shut up. They realize he's washed up. There's nothing to defend. He's a salary cap nightmare and he's old and he should have retired already. He hurts his team more than he helps them.

Kobe deserves to eat shit again for billion other legitimate things. Is this quote really one of them? Reputation, hate, whatever... that's all I'm saying.

Cry Havoc
10-30-2014, 11:24 AM
That's Kobe fanbois problem. You think it's trolling to say its laughable for the cancer to take most of the shots and missing, yet still blaming his teammates.

You ever been on a court running with a guy who shoots every time the ball touches his fingers? Yeah. It sort of makes it hard to find decent shots.

Cry Havoc
10-30-2014, 11:27 AM
I'm not defending Kobe. I already said he's a horrible person and a hasbeen who's chucking for scoring records.

What I'm doing is criticizing the premise of this thread, as if there isn't a billion legitimate things to criticize Kobe about. The original post with the original quote is being used to criticize Kobe, and I was just saying I didn't even find the quote as something negative about Kobe. Get more context about the quote, and I actually think it's probably something positive to talk about Kobe. Trying to get his teammate to play more aggressive. Is that really a bad thing, even if it's coming from Kobe?

Thing is with Kobe haters, they'll use anything to try to bash or discredit him. Should Kobe had sulked at the end of the bench and not talked to anyone, someone would have started a thread about how horrible a leader Kobe was for pouting and ignoring his teammates and not talking to them. If Kobe had said something explicitly positive to Lin like, "don't worry, we will get better. Just keep pushing," someone would have started a thread about how delusional Kobe was. That's what I'm saying. But what was Kobe supposed to say to Lin after Lin had 1 assist, 2 turnovers and the starters other than Kobe shot 32% from the field and they get blown out? "Hey, Jeremy, great job. Keep playing exactly how you're playing. We're awesome." I guess no Kobe hater would have criticized that either right?

As bad as Kobe fanbois are, thing is Kobe haters are just as bad, if not worse. There aren't even Kobe fans defending him anymore. They all shut up. They realize he's washed up. There's nothing to defend. He's a salary cap nightmare and he's old and he should have retired already. He hurts his team more than he helps them.

Kobe deserves to eat shit again for billion other legitimate things. Is this quote really one of them? Reputation, hate, whatever... that's all I'm saying.

And I still completely disagree. You CANNOT take 25 shots and then blame your PG for not being aggressive. Lin probably could have taken more shots, but since there's no offensive flow, they would likely have been bad shots. Then Lin shoots 4-12 and people rip him for A) not giving the ball to Kobe more and B) not being a passing point guard.

Lin is a Harvard grad who's played basketball his entire life. I'm guessing he's not some newborn babe just emerging from the womb who needs to be told to be aggressive. But he IS learning the Lakers system, and that takes time, especially if all ball movement stops when it gets to a particular spot on the court.

scanry
10-30-2014, 11:28 AM

Kobe actually played pretty decent the first 18 minutes. Very reminiscent of what we saw of Melo in New York last season. You've got to have a system to even remotely compete in this era and i'm just surprised the LA front office hasn't realized that yet. They're content with selling tickets for the time being, but at some point you've got to develop in house talent and Kobe doesn't let you do that.

I don't think Tim has ever demanded something out of a player. That's just not his nature. He's like Hakeem who would just go out there and put in work. BTW this is on Byron Scott though.

scanry
10-30-2014, 11:48 AM

Wow. You've always been a fair Kobe apologist, but Kobe has actually looked pretty decent this year. He looks a lot like Vince Carter from last year.

scanry
10-30-2014, 11:49 AM
BTW it was djon who started the whole going off on teammates stickh. :lol

UZER
10-30-2014, 11:49 AM
Even Nash talked about Kobe dominating the ball and just trying to "fit in" around Kobe. That's 2x mvp steve fucking Nash, with the same coach that ran the same offense in PHX, saying that. He was turned into an after thought with Kobe on his team. But noooo, let's blame everyone else for the team sucking... even Dwight Howard who got that scrub Orlando team to the finals.

Granted nash was not the same player as his prime, but neither is Kobe.

What the he'll is Lin supposed to do?

RsxPiimp
10-30-2014, 11:57 AM
kobe needs to shut up for real and just try to be a good teammate at this point of his career. he aint winning a championship with this team so there's no need to act like a douche and demand from a crew of D league teammates and he's partial to blame in all of this. he could've negotiated a lesser amount in his contract and at least come out a winner in terms of character at the end of his career. show the world you're really about winning even on a smaller scale.

I've been rooting for kobe for the past 18 yrs but he needs to stop being delusional at this point.

RsxPiimp
10-30-2014, 12:01 PM

this tbh :lol

i was more excited of linsanity (randle second) going into this season. it's amazing how kobe could marginalize lin's effectiveness in this group. :lol

now I'm not saying lin is the savior, but everyone knows how the offense runs so smoothly when lin is given the opportunity to run the offense in that second unit. its no surprise the second unit is the lakers strongest.

this is a perfect example of what I'm talking about

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/one-play-shows-perfectly-just-150139392.html

man, pass the fucking ball smh.

ambchang
10-30-2014, 12:07 PM
Well, Kobe had a 47% usage rate in the game, while Lin had a 16% usage rate (which is absolutely unbelievable for a PG). Lin took 5 shots, the other 3 starters took 6, 6, and 7 shots, and Boozer had 8 TOs.

Lin actually played like the other starters, maybe a little less assertive than he could be because he didn't shoot many FTs or had many assists, but the issue isn't on him, the issue is because Kobe had a 47% usage rate. For comparison, James Harden and Dwight Howard had a low 30s usage rate, and the mother of all chuckers Russell Westbrook had a 49% usage rate. difference is that Westbrook scored 38 points and dished out 6 assists.

Kobe can just pass the ball around more instead of saying that players have to be more assertive, sort of hard to do when you are used 16% of the time.

RsxPiimp
10-30-2014, 12:12 PM
see id understand the 47% usage rate, the lakers are just that bad. we have jordan hill and boozer shooting at the tip of the key as part of scott's brilliant offense :lol and wes johnson is absolutely fucking horrible, i mean he is a definition of a bust, just awful, awful.

our biggest gems (and i know this is laughable) are all bench players.

but that doesn't excuse kobe from completely ignoring his teammates. sure, boozer and jordan hill have missed several easy one's but you can't stop feeding the whole team. the whole defense still collapses on kobe. they double and triple team him and he still forces his shot over those defenders. just awful basketball.

kobe has shown he can run the point this season. anyone seen kobe's first game back against Denver (preseason) he was able to run it with ease and, guess what the lakers won easily.

Indazone
10-30-2014, 12:26 PM
The Lakers are completely lost right now. No spacing, blown defensive assignments, lost on offense, no passing game, no Princeton backdoor cuts, no concept of running the triangle and everyone is out of position. Byron Scott's concept of no three's just allows other teams to pack the paint defensively while blowing past the Lakers with a barrage of three pointers of their own.

RsxPiimp
10-30-2014, 12:28 PM
^ and none of his players with the exception of Lin, Clarkson and the now deceased Randle were the only one attacking the basket.

UZER
10-30-2014, 12:41 PM
Byrons "no threes" offense is to give Kobe the green light ignore wide open teammates on the perimeter and Jack up contested shots.

Killakobe81
10-30-2014, 01:21 PM
And I still completely disagree. You CANNOT take 25 shots and then blame your PG for not being aggressive. Lin probably could have taken more shots, but since there's no offensive flow, they would likely have been bad shots. Then Lin shoots 4-12 and people rip him for A) not giving the ball to Kobe more and B) not being a passing point guard.

Lin is a Harvard grad who's played basketball his entire life. I'm guessing he's not some newborn babe just emerging from the womb who needs to be told to be aggressive. But he IS learning the Lakers system, and that takes time, especially if all ball movement stops when it gets to a particular spot on the court.

Being aggressive is not only about shots. Guys like Ed Davis Wes Johnson and Hill need Lin to get them looks becaus etheir offensive game is limited. Kobe took some dumb shots last night but they needed his scoring. I love all the cancer talk now that they are losing but when in reality he justlike every other star needs help.

CN's trollin' is the best ...
now Kobe is not only a beta but a "role player" how do you keep a straight face when you type dat or are you that ignorant?

Killakobe81
10-30-2014, 01:24 PM
see id understand the 47% usage rate, the lakers are just that bad. we have jordan hill and boozer shooting at the tip of the key as part of scott's brilliant offense :lol and wes johnson is absolutely fucking horrible, i mean he is a definition of a bust, just awful, awful.

our biggest gems (and i know this is laughable) are all bench players.

but that doesn't excuse kobe from completely ignoring his teammates. sure, boozer and jordan hill have missed several easy one's but you can't stop feeding the whole team. the whole defense still collapses on kobe. they double and triple team him and he still forces his shot over those defenders. just awful basketball.

kobe has shown he can run the point this season. anyone seen kobe's first game back against Denver (preseason) he was able to run it with ease and, guess what the lakers won easily.

On this I agree. Even if he is the only one making shots how can you beat any team by yourself? Again shot selection still 19 years in is his biggest weakness. I know trollin' and calling him a cancer is fun, but as Jam said that comment was not him killing or blaming Lin it's begging for help from the second best player on the team.

BTW, his horrid shot selection at times, will probably only get worse as the losing continues ...

DAF86
10-30-2014, 01:30 PM
Henry Abott(the guy that shook the Lakers world with his article on ESPN last week:lol) and TrueHoop started the movement, tbh:lol..

I know it's posted on this site somewhere but I can't find it, so can anybody please provide the link to this article? Thanks in advance.

Cry Havoc
10-30-2014, 01:38 PM
Being aggressive is not only about shots. Guys like Ed Davis Wes Johnson and Hill need Lin to get them looks becaus etheir offensive game is limited. Kobe took some dumb shots last night but they needed his scoring. I love all the cancer talk now that they are losing but when in reality he justlike every other star needs help.

CN's trollin' is the best ...
now Kobe is not only a beta but a "role player" how do you keep a straight face when you type dat or are you that ignorant?

It's a process. If Wade LeBron and Bosh took an entire year to figure out how to play together, how can you expect Lin to just be completely aggressive in the first week of the season, especially when Kobe is chucking? It takes a lot of time, and that's IF everyone is buying into the system. 25 inefficient shots per game for one player is not a system. It is not anything resembling a team trying to compete or use their pieces to their strengths.

baseline bum
10-30-2014, 01:41 PM
On this I agree. Even if he is the only one making shots how can you beat any team by yourself? Again shot selection still 19 years in is his biggest weakness. I know trollin' and calling him a cancer is fun, but as Jam said that comment was not him killing or blaming Lin it's begging for help from the second best player on the team.

BTW, his horrid shot selection at times, will probably only get worse as the losing continues ...

How can anyone not call him a cancer when he ran Shaq, Howard, and Gasol out of town? What other player has ever done that?

UZER
10-30-2014, 01:44 PM
How can anyone not call him a cancer when he ran Shaq, Howard, and Gasol out of town? What other player has ever done that?

no no no...those guys are just giant vaginas.

All of them.

Cry Havoc
10-30-2014, 01:46 PM

3 all-world teammates that any team in the league would have counted themselves as lucky to have, no less.

Friendly wager for any Laker fans out there: I'm willing to go out on a limb and say not a SINGLE Chicago Bull calls Pau "soft" this year (you're free to speculate why, I personally think it's because they recognize the value of a 2 time NBA champ on their roster, to say NOTHING of a concept like loyalty and valuing not throwing a teammate under the bus to play to the media. But what do I know?). Name your fucking stakes.

baseline bum
10-30-2014, 01:48 PM
To put it differently, if Kobe Bryant is not a cancer, then who is? Who has ever run three Hall of Famers off his team?

RsxPiimp
10-30-2014, 02:09 PM
To put it differently, if Kobe Bryant is not a cancer, then who is? Who has ever run three Hall of Famers off his team?

This is a retarded post dawg. You do know Shaq himself said he left LA for more money and Gasol left simply because management didn't value him by attempting to trade him multiple times

Smh

DMC
10-30-2014, 02:13 PM
Kobe fans are only rivaled by Kobe haters.

Now that may very well be the case, but the OP has the quote with no context. The quote itself doesn't even seem all that bad.

If Tim was taking 25 shots in 27 minutes, it would mean something.

DMC
10-30-2014, 02:18 PM
This is a retarded post dawg. You do know Shaq himself said he left LA for more money and Gasol left simply because management didn't value him by attempting to trade him multiple times

Smh

You're a blind fool.

With Kobe commanding 50m for 2 years, while being basically crippled, Pau was going to ride out the shitfest and make less for doing so than he should. Kobe is a cancer, plain and simple, and the Buss family (those that remain) seem to enjoy cancer.

spurraider21
10-30-2014, 02:22 PM
You're a blind fool.

With Kobe commanding 50m for 2 years, while being basically crippled, Pau was going to ride out the shitfest and make less for doing so than he should. Kobe is a cancer, plain and simple, and the Buss family (those that remain) seem to enjoy cancer.
the lakers offered him more than the bulls tho

testies
10-30-2014, 02:29 PM
I like Kobe. He just doesn't give a fuck

DMC
10-30-2014, 02:35 PM
the lakers offered him more than the bulls tho

Not enough to be a loser for the next few years.

djohn2oo8
10-30-2014, 02:44 PM

Don't forget when he tried to run out Bynum

Killakobe81
10-30-2014, 04:06 PM
3 all-world teammates that any team in the league would have counted themselves as lucky to have, no less.

Friendly wager for any Laker fans out there: I'm willing to go out on a limb and say not a SINGLE Chicago Bull calls Pau "soft" this year (you're free to speculate why, I personally think it's because they recognize the value of a 2 time NBA champ on their roster, to say NOTHING of a concept like loyalty and valuing not throwing a teammate under the bus to play to the media. But what do I know?). Name your fucking stakes.

His HOF coach basically did in 2011 what did that have to do with Kobe? Kobe defended Pau publicly many times.
The Shaq beef was started by O'Neal who eventually ran himself out by cussing out Dr. Buss while demanding an extension.
We all know that Kobe probably forced the Lakers hand, but O'neal made it easy by disrespecting his employer. Shaq also left Orlando, miami and PHX on bad terms with co-stars but no one brings that up ...is Shaq a cancer too? If you say that then yes, I agree both are cancers.

(also Dwight doesnt have a great track record either and his former team-mates had issues including Jameer Nelson)

Chris
10-30-2014, 04:09 PM
Coach Kobe calls the shots!

djohn2oo8
10-30-2014, 04:12 PM
His HOF coach basically did in 2011 what did that have to do with Kobe? Kobe defended Pau publicly many times.
The Shaq beef was started by O'Neal who eventually ran himself out by cussing out Dr. Buss while demanding an extension.
We all know that Kobe probably forced the Lakers hand, but O'neal made it easy by disrespecting his employer. Shaq also left Orlando, miami and PHX on bad terms with co-stars but no one brings that up ...is Shaq a cancer too? If you say that then yes, I agree both are cancers.

(also Dwight doesnt have a great track record either and his former team-mates had issues including Jameer Nelson)

Kobe publicly ridiculed Pau by saying he needed to put on his big boy pants. Defended my ass :lmao

DJR210
10-30-2014, 04:13 PM
How do you watch a Lakers game tbh? Any tips from Laker fans to make the game more enjoyable?

I tried to watch the other day, but couldn't really stand watching Kobe get the ball on the perimeter, size up the D, and launch a three while everyone else stood around..

djohn2oo8
10-30-2014, 04:16 PM

djohn2oo8
10-30-2014, 04:17 PM

Clipper Nation
10-30-2014, 04:18 PM
Kobe defended Pau publicly many times.
Gasol got to be the recipient of Bryant's latest blast of criticism (http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba--kobe-bryant-blames-pau-gasol-for-lakers--game-4-collapse.html):

"Just a bad read on Pau's part," Bryant said.
"Pau's got to be more assertive," Bryant said. "He's the guy they're leaving [open]. When he's catching the ball, he's looking to pass. He's got to be aggressive. He's got to shoot the ball or drive the ball to the basket. He will be next game."

Kobe taking his teammates to task is nothing new: he famously ripped Andrew Bynum (http://www.sbnation.com/nba/players/21865/andrew-bynum), pressuring Lakers management to get him out of town or bring help to the Los Angeles roster while struggling in the hinterland in the post-Shaquille O'Neal era. He's also criticized Gasol before, and indirectly criticized all of his teammates midway through the first round of the Western Conference Playoffs while praising World Peace.

But Kobe doing that on the brink of elimination — against a team that the Lakers have faltered against twice in the clutch, blowing late leads in Game 2 and Game 4 — while struggling from the field (a woeful 37-for-96 in this series) is also clever legerdemain on his part. Why blame Kobe, always candid with the media if not always precisely honest, when he's designing a convenient narrative that doesn't require blaming him?

Nope, it was started by Kirby in his rookie year:

"Bryant kept his teammates at a distance, answering non-basketball questions with one- or two-word responses. O'Neal was wary of Bryant, as a rookie, boasting that he would lead the Lakers in scoring and be the best player in the league."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shaq%E2%80%93Kobe_feud

Indazone
10-30-2014, 04:22 PM
Makes you wonder how Michael Jordan handled his team.

Clipper Nation
10-30-2014, 04:24 PM
Makes you wonder how Michael Jordan handled his team.

Deplorably, for most of his career at least. Read "The Jordan Rules" by Sam Smith... plenty of stories about how much of a douchebag DK was.

FkLA
10-30-2014, 04:32 PM

:lol He's not wrong in saying that Lin needs to be more involved. It's just ridiculous that it's coming from him, when he had such a high usage rate and FGAs.

If he would've said something along the lines of 'The team needs more from you. I'll start off by letting you handle the rock more.' ...which is how any normal/good teammate would probably approach the situation none of his 'haters' would be saying anything. Instead from what I read, he simply told Lin it was an urban legend that he wanted to control the ball--as if that wasn't what he had just done in the game. He expects people to eat up blatant lies and unfortunately most teammates/media don't dare question him.

I know it's posted on this site somewhere but I can't find it, so can anybody please provide the link to this article? Thanks in advance.

http://espn.go.com/espn/feature/story/_/id/11717596/is-kobe-bryant-reason-los-angeles-lakers-downfall

Agloco
10-30-2014, 04:52 PM

it still hurts

lol.....why were you banned?

baseline bum
10-30-2014, 04:57 PM

I don't think Shaq's a cancer, as most of his teammates seem to love him.

Cry Havoc
10-30-2014, 05:29 PM

I don't know if I'd call Shaq a cancer as much as a disruptor. He didn't destroy locker rooms, but he definitely put heat (pun not intended) to coaches. For what it's worth, Shaq's attitude never won him any prizes and he was lazy on D for most of his career, but Shaq never tried to cut a teammate off at the knees to the media. For how private of a person Kobe claims to be, he certainly never had any qualms about headhunting his teammates to reporters.

:lol He's not wrong in saying that Lin needs to be more involved. It's just ridiculous that it's coming from him, when he had such a high usage rate and FGAs.

If he would've said something along the lines of 'The team needs more from you. I'll start off by letting you handle the rock more.' ...which is how any normal/good teammate would probably approach the situation none of his 'haters' would be saying anything. Instead from what I read, he simply told Lin it was an urban legend that he wanted to control the ball--as if that wasn't what he had just done in the game. He expects people to eat up blatant lies and unfortunately most teammates/media don't dare question him.

Fucking SPOT on.

A0jjFpHgoFA

This is Lin getting pissed at Hill for not setting a screen. I mean, call me crazy, but that looks like a point who's attempting to run his offense. But nah. The Lakers are 0-2. Gotta be someone's fault other than Kobe. Just like every other season the Lakers have been shit in his career.

unforeseen
10-30-2014, 05:32 PM
lol.....why were you banned?

He was/is butthurt that Parker continues to be the starting lineup while his caveman love-interest, Patty, rides the bench.