PDA

View Full Version : Lakers: Jeanie Buss,"We plan on extending Kobe's contract again in 2016"

Thebesteva
10-30-2014, 01:40 AM
http://ftw.usatoday.com/2014/10/jeanie-buss-kobe-bryant-lakers

That's it

http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/BOOKS/Pix/pictures/2010/12/23/1293098416971/American-Psycho-006.jpg

Know this much about Jeanie Buss and her perspective on the final chapter of Kobe Bryant’s storied career: she hopes it doesn’t end anytime soon.In a wide-ranging interview with USA TODAY Sports, the Los Angeles Lakers president and governor said she wants the 36-year-old Bryant to sign another contract when his two-year, $48 million extension comes to an end after the 2015-16 season.
“I hope not,” Buss said with a laugh when asked if she thought Bryant would retire then. “I really hope not. I mean I’m a person who watched Kareem (Abdul-Jabbar) play until he was 42 (years old). Jimmy Connors played on my World Team Tennis team (of which she was the general manager), the LA Strings, that summer that he went into the US Open at age 39 and made the semis at 39 years old. So I’ve seen it. I know you can’t beat Father Time, but there are those athletes who can transcend the average age of retirement. And if anyone can do that, my money is on the Black Mamba.”
Buss has been the Black Mamba’s Mama Bear of late, defending him at every turn after an ESPN article indicated that some members of the Lakers’ braintrust simply couldn’t wait for him to retire. Buss, who made it clear that she has both the passion and the power to turn the Lakers’ fortunes after these past few subpar seasons, is clearly not among that crowd. She continued to defend the decision to give Bryant such a hefty deal in Nov. 2013, one that was made by her brother, executive vice president of basketball operations Jim Buss, and longtime general manager Mitch Kupchak.
“Kobe is worth every penny, and I’d never had any doubt that he’d contribute to this team,” Jeanie Buss said. “We have a (salary) cap, but we also have a (salary) floor, and you do have to spend it. This is a team that’s paying $10 million (this season) to Steve Nash, and $9 million to Jordan Hill, so we have those two players for $19 million, so Kobe for $24 million sounds pretty good. Especially since the $10 million player isn’t going to play for us this year (Nash is out for the season, and likely his career, because of a recurring back problem).”

spurraider21
10-30-2014, 01:44 AM
This is a team that’s paying $10 million (this season) to Steve Nash, and $9 million to Jordan Hill, so we have those two players for $19 million, so Kobe for $24 million sounds pretty good

:lol i've heard this as an argument from laker fans recently. "if we're paying nash 10 mil for nothing, then paying kobe 24 isn't that bad"

ElNono
10-30-2014, 01:45 AM
“Kobe is worth every penny, and I’d never had any doubt that he’d contribute to this team,” Jeanie Buss said. “We have a (salary) cap, but we also have a (salary) floor, and you do have to spend it. This is a team that’s paying $10 million (this season) to Steve Nash, and $9 million to Jordan Hill, so we have those two players for $19 million, so Kobe for $24 million sounds pretty good. Especially since the $10 million player isn’t going to play for us this year (Nash is out for the season, and likely his career, because of a recurring back problem).”

:lmao holy shit

ElNono
10-30-2014, 01:46 AM
I forgot they gave Jordan Hill $10m :lmao

Robz4000
10-30-2014, 01:47 AM
:lmao RIP Lakers

100%duncan
10-30-2014, 01:51 AM
Inb4 the medvenko butthurt post.

LOLLAKERS :lol

scanry
10-30-2014, 02:02 AM
I forgot they gave Jordan Hill $10m :lmao

They paid $9 mil offered to MVPau. Hill has a legit agent tbh.

Malik Hairston
10-30-2014, 02:02 AM
How is Jeanie Buss getting a pass for all this shit, tbh?..

She sounds so bitter and is embarrassing herself, where is the Lakers' PR people to prep her before she runs her mouth?:lol..

Calling players "losers" for not wanting to play with Kobe, and now she throws Jordan Hill under the bus for no reason?..

Sean Cagney
10-30-2014, 02:04 AM
She is a fucking idiot, that is all. Keep her in the FO.

She sounds so bitter and is embarrassing herself, where is the Lakers' PR people to prep her before she runs her mouth?:lol..

Calling players "losers" for not wanting to play with Kobe, and now she throws Jordan Hill under the bus for no reason?..
LOL the only loser is her team with that contract and the shitty Lakers squad. Who in the fuck would want to play on that joke of a team? Now it's the washed up players team like Boozer to Nash to the bum Lin.

lefty20
10-30-2014, 02:09 AM

Either she's completely lost her mind or Kobe is boinking her so well that she's not willing to part w/ dat BBC at any cost. Either way RIP Lakers :lol

Thebesteva
10-30-2014, 02:15 AM

Yeah, between the begging and the way she handled all this...I'd say I want the Buss family entirely out of the FO

HI-FI
10-30-2014, 02:23 AM
http://ftw.usatoday.com/2014/10/jeanie-buss-kobe-bryant-lakers

That's it

http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/BOOKS/Pix/pictures/2010/12/23/1293098416971/American-Psycho-006.jpg
"Hey Paul!!" :lol

great news though on Rapist. least ST have more fodder and the old media will be spinning harder than before.

TDMVPDPOY
10-30-2014, 02:28 AM
dunno what comes first

kirby destroyin the lakers franchise and running away with money

buss children destroying inheritance....

lol either one would do, they are both made to be together

Thebesteva
10-30-2014, 02:37 AM
After I read this article...

http://mrwgifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/Dylon-Is-Confused-By-His-Own-Hot-Fire.gif

Biernutz
10-30-2014, 03:12 AM
Are the Lakers worth more than the Clippers now? Bloated contracts only Kobe as the star.
they can't get a big name free agent to play along side Kobe. all the stars who say they just love
kobe but when they become free agents they sign elsewhere. laker haters could not have made
this up if they tried. It's kind of like the Yankees . When the old men owners were running the
teams (jerry-George) they knew what they were doing. When the teams were passed on to the
kids all the savy died with the fathers........

Thebesteva
10-30-2014, 03:52 AM
Are the Lakers worth more than the Clippers now? Bloated contracts only Kobe as the star.
they can't get a big name free agent to play along side Kobe. all the stars who say they just love
kobe but when they become free agents they sign elsewhere. laker haters could not have made
this up if they tried. It's kind of like the Yankees . When the old men owners were running the
teams (jerry-George) they knew what they were doing. When the teams were passed on to the
kids all the savy died with the fathers........

I'm sure the Lakers would sell for a higher price than the Clippers. It's the fucking Lakers. No matter how bad things get, its 1 of the 2 great franchises in the NBA with a much much better destination than Boston.

midnightpulp
10-30-2014, 03:53 AM
:lol Abbott's article sent that organization into chaos.

midnightpulp
10-30-2014, 03:57 AM
Anyhow, I said this in another thread:

I think Jeannie is running damage control in light of Abbott's devastating article.

For anybody who thinks Abbott's article was a bitter hit-piece and merely clickbait is highly mistaken. The Lakers organization obviously was strategically leaking their discontent with Kobe through "anonymous sources" that wound up being quoted in the article. It's clear that 48.5 was payoff money and they want Kobe gone after his contract expires.

As long as he's around, he'll hold back their rebuilding efforts, and they know it.

But if it isn't damage control and the Buss's legitimately want to extend Kobe again, then they've lost their minds. I don't care if you pay him 20 million or the vet minimum, you cannot rebuild with Kobe Bryant on the roster. He'll never adapt his game. He only knows how to play one form of basketball: ISO/Hero ball.

ambchang
10-30-2014, 06:26 AM
Buss throwing other lakers under the bus to defend Kobe like a Kobe fanboi.

And I thought she was the smarter of the buss kids.

Cowboys_Wear_Spurs
10-30-2014, 07:48 AM
I am sure Jeanie has been extending Kobe for many a years now.

benefactor
10-30-2014, 08:00 AM
...and the gasoline flows into the dumpster in an unending stream.

Burn.

DMC
10-30-2014, 08:26 AM
June 2014 and 5 sent that organization into a tailspin. When Tim rang in 2007, Kobe threatened to quit. Then the media felt it was slightly ok to not gift Kobe top 10, and 40 ensued. After that it was the Stupid and then the Article. Now it's the Buss who likes one up front and 20 in the rear.

AlexJones
10-30-2014, 08:28 AM
1 year 30 mil. It'll be his final imitation of Jordan.

Hell, he should go out with the Knicks like DK did the Wiz.

djohn2oo8
10-30-2014, 09:06 AM
Greg Abbott is da real MVP. A true agent of chaos, a member of the league of shadowwwwws.... - lefty

Dex
10-30-2014, 10:07 AM
DO IT MITCH!!!!

Gervin44Silas13
10-30-2014, 10:23 AM
SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Fucking Happy to see The Buss kids fuck up that organization.....Jerry Jones 2.0!

djohn2oo8
10-30-2014, 10:49 AM
Jeanie forgot to mention their plan of signing Lin to a 50 million dollar deal.

Medvedenko
10-30-2014, 11:26 AM
Trade Kobe to the Knicks.

spurraider21
10-30-2014, 12:55 PM
^:cry ur such a kobe hating faggot. i least i have a life outside this forum :cry

ElNono
10-30-2014, 01:00 PM
^:cry ur such a kobe hating faggot. i least i have a life outside this forum :cry

did you do get some highlights done on your hair too? :lol

Clipper Nation
10-30-2014, 01:08 PM
:lmao Kirbystans wanting out of The Contract already

Medvedenko
10-30-2014, 02:53 PM
Man, this forum is nothing but drivel. The same shit everyday, nothing ever changes.

djohn2oo8
10-30-2014, 02:55 PM
Man, this forum is nothing but drivel. The same shit everyday, nothing ever changes.

http://giant.gfycat.com/PrestigiousGargantuanCrownofthornsstarfish.gif

baseline bum
10-30-2014, 03:47 PM

:lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao

Sorry son, Fredo stuck you with him and Jeannie's gonna give you another two years after

Agloco
10-30-2014, 05:10 PM
:lol Abbott's article sent that organization into chaos.

Sorry I'm a bit behind on this. Is there a link to it somewhere?

NVM: Got the google lazies. Found it.

Axl Rose
10-30-2014, 05:11 PM
they offering him a contract for assistance coach or something?