PDA

View Full Version : One Tim stepped up and confessed, will the other Tim follow suit?

hitmantb
10-30-2014, 10:32 AM
http://www.businessweek.com/articles/2014-10-30/tim-cook-im-proud-to-be-gay

I know this will not take away anything from how Spurs fans view Tim, but I am just curious, based on the 18 years we have watched him, what do you think?

Also nothing but respect for Tim Cook, most valuable/profitable company in the world, a man of his visibility to speak up is absolutely incredible.

If Tim Duncan speaks up as one of the most successful professional athletes in the world for the past 18 years, top 5-10 all time NBA player, it will do wonders for the movement. Jason Collins is just too low profile to cut it.

Biernutz
10-30-2014, 10:35 AM
Another laker troll account....this is so old.....

Leetonidas
10-30-2014, 10:43 AM
Why do you care about the sexual preference of another man tbh?

TampaDude
10-30-2014, 11:00 AM
No, Tim Duncan is definitely not gay. NTTIAWWBG.

urunobili
10-30-2014, 12:09 PM
And if he was I couldn't care less. Love what he stands for in values and professionalism you fucking homophobic jerk

Cowboys_Wear_Spurs
10-30-2014, 12:15 PM
Its incredible that a man like to suck on another man's cock, and worse, I likes to get ass rape. Really. I am telling you, this world has gone to shit.

SupremeGuy
10-30-2014, 12:16 PM
pity post

Also, it's fucking retarded for Cook to say he's proud of being gay. If he likes to suck dick, I could give a shit, but to say he's proud of it? That's just stupid.

TampaDude
10-30-2014, 12:18 PM
pity post

Also, it's fucking retarded for Cook to say he's proud of being gay. If he likes to suck dick, I could give a shit, but to say he's proud of it? That's just stupid.

It's the trendy thing now, I guess.

BatManu20
10-30-2014, 12:26 PM
http://www.hypun.com/lollibs/meme_thumb_l/33758208.jpg

Leetonidas
10-30-2014, 12:35 PM
I likes to get ass rape. Really.

lol fag

Spurs 4 The Win
10-30-2014, 01:28 PM
Ban/pink OP

lefty
10-30-2014, 01:29 PM
:lol Tim Cock

:lol Tim Cuckan

Mugen
10-30-2014, 01:30 PM
:lol I hope he is. The gay agenda would prop Timmy up to be one of the greatest athletes of all time tbh.

lefty
10-30-2014, 01:32 PM
http://www.hypun.com/lollibs/meme_thumb_l/33758208.jpg
http://28.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_leu1d2RHUc1qe3w54o1_500.jpg

Sean Cagney
10-30-2014, 01:47 PM
:lol I hope he is. The gay agenda would prop Timmy up to be one of the greatest athletes of all time tbh.

He already is one of the greatest, he doesnt need to so called come out to be called that tbh.

Juggity
10-30-2014, 02:16 PM
holy shit, the homophobia in this thread is off the charts already. If there's one thing that spurstalk needs to cool down on, it's the racism and homophobia. Toxic stuff.

Spurs 4 The Win
10-30-2014, 02:26 PM
holy shit, the homophobia in this thread is off the charts already. If there's one thing that spurstalk needs to cool down on, it's the racism and homophobia. Toxic stuff.

Its dumbass trolls making dumbass threads getting dumbass responses and then people like you take this stuff seriously and get on your high horse about it. Thanks, PC police.

Juggity
10-30-2014, 03:08 PM
Its dumbass trolls making dumbass threads getting dumbass responses and then people like you take this stuff seriously and get on your high horse about it. Thanks, PC police.

Racism and homophobia are toxic in all forms. Shit is embarrassing in the 21st century. People who bitch about "political correctness" are typically the same people holding these knuckle-dragger viewpoints.

Spurs 4 The Win
10-30-2014, 04:20 PM
Racism and homophobia are toxic in all forms. Shit is embarrassing in the 21st century. People who bitch about "political correctness" are typically the same people holding these knuckle-dragger viewpoints.

If you are looking for educated and constructive discussion of anything, a sports board is the wrong place. Take your PC policing elsewhere.

Uriel
10-30-2014, 05:18 PM
If I had to guess, I'd probably say Duncan is bi. But even so, so what? Why should a man's sexual orientation be cause for me to run judgment on him?

Spurs 4 The Win
10-30-2014, 05:21 PM
If I had to guess, I'd probably say Duncan is bi. But even so, so what? Why should a man's sexual orientation be cause for me to run judgment on him?

And on what grounds would you accuse him of being bi? Your magic ball?

Uriel
10-30-2014, 05:21 PM
Absolutely agree.

Sadly, the Spurs are located deep in the heart of Texas, which isn't exactly considered a bastion of liberal tolerance. It's one of the great ironies in the NBA, really. The Spurs, led by a Democrat-supporting head coach in Gregg Popovic, have built up one of the most internationally diverse rosters in the NBA, and espouse liberal values like tolerance, openness, and diversity, while much of their fanbase (or at very least, the non-Hispanics in San Antonio) are conservative.

monkeypunk
10-30-2014, 05:24 PM
Its incredible that a man like to suck on another man's cock, and worse, I likes to get ass rape. Really. I am telling you, this world has gone to shit.

If you think that being gay or bi is new to this world then you should really ask for your money back on any education you may have had. Human history did not start with the Puritans or 1950's America.

pity post

He is saying (and rightfully so) that it isn't anything to be ashamed of. In fact, he's proud of it and is pointing out that it hasn't hindered his journey to becoming one of the most influential and powerful businessmen in the world.

I know this is a sports forum and yada yada yada but it's trailer park mentalities like this that are bringing down the collective iq in this country.

Uriel
10-30-2014, 05:25 PM
And on what grounds would you accuse him of being bi? Your magic ball?
I'm not accusing him of anything. Call it an educated guess. I have 2 reasons for believing so:

1. When he was in college, Duncan lived with one of his male best friends, with whom he was rumoured to have a relationship with. He later gave this friend his own condo unit a few years into his NBA career.
2. Amy Duncan accused him of being bisexual when they divorced.

Again, this is all just speculation. I really don't know for sure and could very well be mistaken. But the point is, even if he were, what of it? People ought not be judged by their race, gender, or sexual orientation for that matter.

Spurs 4 The Win
10-30-2014, 05:32 PM
I'm not accusing him of anything. Call it an educated guess. I have 2 reasons for believing so:

1. When he was in college, Duncan lived with one of his male best friends, with whom he was rumoured to have a relationship with. He later gave this friend his own condo unit a few years into his NBA career.
2. Amy Duncan accused him of being bisexual when they divorced.

Again, this is all just speculation. I really don't know for sure and could very well be mistaken. But the point is, even if he were, what of it? People ought not be judged by their race, gender, or sexual orientation for that matter.

So you are going to go around slandering someone who has a GF and has never had anyone (besides a disgruntled ex wife) say he was gay... For point 1, thats called having a best friend, you might not know what thats like but I have friends I would do that for if I earned as much money as Tim, its called loyalty and knowing where you came from and who got you there. As for the other point, obviously his wife was trying to get more money out of him because he had a good prenup and she never actually was quoted saying that, as far as I have seen it was a news report, not even a direct source.

So take your garbage "educated" guess back to lakersground and stop trolling

Uriel
10-30-2014, 06:15 PM
So you are going to go around slandering someone who has a GF and has never had anyone (besides a disgruntled ex wife) say he was gay... For point 1, thats called having a best friend, you might not know what thats like but I have friends I would do that for if I earned as much money as Tim, its called loyalty and knowing where you came from and who got you there. As for the other point, obviously his wife was trying to get more money out of him because he had a good prenup and she never actually was quoted saying that, as far as I have seen it was a news report, not even a direct source.

So take your garbage "educated" guess back to lakersground and stop trolling
I'm not slandering the man. :bang You're missing the point. I couldn't care less if Duncan is bi or gay or whatever. Maybe he is, maybe he's not. I really don't know. The point is that people shouldn't be judged based on their sexual orientation.

Spurs 4 The Win
10-30-2014, 06:22 PM
I'm not slandering the man. :bang You're missing the point. I couldn't care less if Duncan is bi or gay or whatever. Maybe he is, maybe he's not. I really don't know. The point is that people shouldn't be judged based on their sexual orientation.

This is a sports forum, why are we even having this conversation, can we please delete threads like this, it just brings out trolls, PC police, and really bad takes.

SupremeGuy
10-30-2014, 07:15 PM
He is saying (and rightfully so) that it isn't anything to be ashamed of. In fact, he's proud of it and is pointing out that it hasn't hindered his journey to becoming one of the most influential and powerful businessmen in the world.

I know this is a sports forum and yada yada yada but it's trailer park mentalities like this that are bringing down the collective iq in this country.Being gay isn't something to be proud of, tbh. It would be just as dumb as someone saying they're proud of being straight.

Stop being such a politically correct faggot, tbh.

Spur|n|Austin
10-30-2014, 07:23 PM

Uriel
10-30-2014, 07:40 PM
This is a sports forum, why are we even having this conversation, can we please delete threads like this, it just brings out trolls, PC police, and really bad takes.
So you think it's okay to be homophobic just because we're posting in a Sports forum?

Wow.

Proxy
10-30-2014, 07:47 PM
Being gay isn't something to be proud of, tbh. It would be just as dumb as someone saying they're proud of being straight.

Stop being such a politically correct faggot, tbh.

Admittance of homosexuality is considered an act of bravery because of bigots such as yourself.

tbh, tbh, tbh, imo, tbqh

SupremeGuy
10-30-2014, 07:48 PM
holy shit, the homophobia in this thread is off the charts already. If there's one thing that spurstalk needs to cool down on, it's the racism and homophobia. Toxic stuff.But the sexism is ok? You sick, ignorant bigot! :cry

See how easy it is to be an annoying politically correct faggot?

SupremeGuy
10-30-2014, 07:50 PM
Homosexuality is considered an act of bravery because of bigots such as yourself.

tbh, tbh, tbh, imo, tbqhI don't care if you want to suck dick or take it in the ass, tbh. Calling it brave is stupid though, tbqh.

Proxy
10-30-2014, 07:53 PM
I don't care if you want to suck dick or take it in the ass, tbh. Calling it brave is stupid though, tbqh.

Because willingly admitting yourself into social oppression isn't brave at all.

SupremeGuy
10-30-2014, 07:56 PM
Because willingly admitting yourself into social oppression isn't brave at all.lol if they were doing it in an islamic country or in china, you might have a point

Spurs 4 The Win
10-30-2014, 08:08 PM
So you think it's okay to be homophobic just because we're posting in a Sports forum?

Wow.
You are a race/gay baiting fucktard, jumping to a random ass conclusion.... again, after you already slandered Tim in front of the entire Spurstalk community and accused him of being bi when you have no knowledge of his preferences.

What I'm saying is, we shouldnt have these types of threads at all because they devolve into retarded arguments with trolls and the dumbasses that want to talk politics or be the PC police. I dont give a single fuck about your political view or how tolerant you are, or whatever else you want to proclaim from your high horse.

I dont want to talk about politics on a sports board, its that fucking simple. And anyone who does should be banned/pinked/thread locked.

Stabula
10-30-2014, 08:10 PM
fags

ohmwrecker
10-30-2014, 08:18 PM
I would like to set this thread on fire.

Cowboys_Wear_Spurs
10-30-2014, 08:20 PM
If you think that being gay or bi is new to this world then you should really ask for your money back on any education you may have had. Human history did not start with the Puritans or 1950's America.

Really. Homosexuality is as old as history itself. But to say it's Incredible that someone likes to have sex w other men is one of the dumbest things I have ever heard.

Discovering electricity, inventing the aeroplane, climbing mt. Everest, etc. those are incredible feats. Not blowing or fudge packing another guy.

Spurs 4 The Win
10-30-2014, 08:51 PM

ohmwrecker
10-30-2014, 08:54 PM
^ You're a little high strung, ain'tcha?

Floyd Pacquiao
10-30-2014, 09:13 PM
So many liberal fags ITT

:cry thats homophobic :cry
:cry dont say mean tings about gays :cry

buujness
10-30-2014, 10:18 PM
You are a race/gay baiting fucktard, jumping to a random ass conclusion.... again, after you already slandered Tim in front of the entire Spurstalk community and accused him of being bi when you have no knowledge of his preferences.

What I'm saying is, we shouldnt have these types of threads at all because they devolve into retarded arguments with trolls and the dumbasses that want to talk politics or be the PC police. I dont give a single fuck about your political view or how tolerant you are, or whatever else you want to proclaim from your high horse.

I dont want to talk about politics on a sports board, its that fucking simple. And anyone who does should be banned/pinked/thread locked.

Why is what Uriel said slander? Not sure how what he/she said is intentionally trying to denigrate Tim's character in any way.

Also, to be fair, you don't have to talk politics; you're making a conscious decision to continue the discussion.

buujness
10-30-2014, 10:23 PM
Also, I really get tired of people saying those defending gay rights are just being PC. I can't speak for others, but my motivation couldn't be further from trying to look good for some imaginary cameras. I do it because I *gasp* give a shit about other people, and don't want those around me to feel like they are unwelcome or disenfranchised. I know, shocking.

Shastafarian
10-30-2014, 10:26 PM

A few people here going for the "worst poster" crown along with testies.

Spurs 4 The Win
10-30-2014, 10:34 PM
Why is what Uriel said slander? Not sure how what he/she said is intentionally trying to denigrate Tim's character in any way.

Also, to be fair, you don't have to talk politics; you're making a conscious decision to continue the discussion.

Lol, Im done in this thread, yall can have your political circle jerk, Im not going down the path you are trying to bait me into

Mr Bones
10-30-2014, 11:11 PM
Dumb bro-dudes making gay jokes. This is why I don't visit Spurstalk more frequently. It's unfortunate.

Malik Hairston
10-30-2014, 11:48 PM
Timmy being gay would be great, speaking as a Spurs fan, tbh..

It would be huge for his legacy, it would elevate him to conversations for being the greatest player of all-time with Jordan, he would be considered the face of an entire movement, especially in 2014..just look at the effects homosexuality has had on Magic Johnson's legacy and life..he's arguably the biggest media darling in pro sports..

jdelar03
10-31-2014, 12:14 AM
Why dont you come out first u faggot and lead the way. Dont be so insecure its ok...right thats what your saying.

gee
10-31-2014, 01:05 AM
Lol, Im done in this thread, yall can have your political circle jerk, Im not going down the path you are trying to bait me into

You just went full Westbrook, you fucking moron.

Sean Cagney
10-31-2014, 03:56 AM
Timmy being gay would be great, speaking as a Spurs fan, tbh..

It would be huge for his legacy, it would elevate him to conversations for being the greatest player of all-time with Jordan, he would be considered the face of an entire movement, especially in 2014..just look at the effects homosexuality has had on Magic Johnson's legacy and life..he's arguably the biggest media darling in pro sports..
Tim does just fine in rankings being straight and a champ... This whole thread is pointless.

littlecoyotecoin
10-31-2014, 08:29 AM

I know this is a sports forum and yada yada yada but it's trailer park mentalities like this that are bringing down the collective iq in this country.

I believe you're misunderstanding the point. It is a natural phenomenon. Like peristalsis. Pretty stupid to be proud of being gay, just like it is pretty stupid for me to be proud that I move that which I've consumed through my intestines via undulating smooth muscle waves. Why would I be proud of that? It's inherent to my nature. I didn't work to achieve peristalsis. Lots of people do it, not just me. Cook didn't do anything to achieve gayness.

Being proud of being gay is different than being proud of yourself for having the courage to come out of the closet in a society where a subset of the population will shun you for it. Or, being proud of overcoming obstacles created by your decision to be open about it.

We should be clear to make the distinction between these two things, especially if one believes and understands that homosexuality is not just a "choice", but has many roots and tendrils in genetics and biochemistry. Many people, and especially the gay community, attempt to educate the masses on this truth, but then say things like this which imply that it IS something he should be proud of, and the real slap in the face, that others should feel guilty for not dong the work to get the gay like he did. He shouldn't be proud about it any more than he should be ashamed of it. Neither. Same thing applies for being Black or White.

I am sure that's not what he meant, all the more reason to stop saying things that can be construed in that manner.

I'm going to go drop the morning deuce right now. And, while I can almost guarantee that I will give it a curious glance before the bon voyage, I will refrain from being too proud of it, even if it's a good one. Like this thread.