PDA

View Full Version : Ebola Nurse Kaci Hickox -- Spurs Fan

Pages : [1] 2

Russ
10-30-2014, 07:26 PM
Spurs Fever -- It's Infectious!!!!!!

:flag::flag::flag::flag::flag:

http://dailyentertainmentnews.com/wpgo/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/ted-wilbur-pic-4.jpg

Aztecfan03
10-30-2014, 07:58 PM
That isn't something to be proud of.

Russ
10-30-2014, 08:06 PM
That isn't something to be proud of.

First, she risked danger to provide desperately needed care.

Then she had enough left in the tank to defy ignorance (and bureaucracy) when she returned.

If you can't be proud of that . . . :rolleyes

Maybe you're a Laker fan??? :lol

Dre_7
10-30-2014, 08:12 PM

Then she had enough left in the tank to defy ignorance (and bureaucracy) when she returned.

:tu

I agree 100%

Floyd Pacquiao
10-30-2014, 08:24 PM
I cant see the pic for some reason

spurs1990
10-30-2014, 09:20 PM
On one hand she risked the lives of countless others with exposure to a rabid and deadly virus.

OTOH she's a Spurs fan. So it's a wash.

http://i.imgur.com/HILxGK5.jpg

Russ
10-30-2014, 09:31 PM
On one hand she risked the lives of countless others with exposure to a rabid and deadly virus.

OTOH she's a Spurs fan. So it's a wash.

http://i.imgur.com/HILxGK5.jpg

No healthcare worker in the U.S. has ever spread Ebola.

Chris Christie poses a bigger healthcare risk by making obesity seem acceptable.

ChumpDumper
10-30-2014, 09:52 PM
It's really not that easy to get ebola, folks.

spurs1990
10-30-2014, 09:55 PM
What's it got to do w/ politics?

I mean if ya'll were in the vicinity of these exposed individuals would your attitude be so dismissive towards threat of exposure.

Just saying why not be safe than sorry, with all but a minor inconvenience to our fellow Spurs fan for a brief period.

Floyd Pacquiao
10-30-2014, 10:03 PM
Kim Kardashian has had more husbands than Americans that have died of ebola

Russ
10-30-2014, 10:06 PM
What's it got to do w/ politics?

I mean if ya'll were in the vicinity of these exposed individuals would your attitude be so dismissive towards threat of exposure.

Just saying why not be safe than sorry, with all but a minor inconvenience to our fellow Spurs fan for a brief period.

It may a bit of an overstatement, but . . .

Nobody catches Ebola except (1) family members of a very sick person or (2) people providing medical care to such a person.

People who spread Ebola are very sick -- they're not out walking around (or biking).

capek
10-30-2014, 10:08 PM

Chris Christie poses a bigger healthcare risk by making obesity seem acceptable.

:lol :tu

Splits
10-30-2014, 10:22 PM

some_user86
10-30-2014, 10:29 PM
The level of ignorance and fear with regards to Ebola is astronomical. Chris Christie should be disqualified from any future political office based on the idiotic actions he took. You can't fucking spread Ebola unless you're symptomatic. Trust the doctors and scientists who have spent decades researching this, not some slimy politician who screwed over his own party's presidential candidate.

davidbowie
10-30-2014, 11:30 PM
I thought Christie had stomach surgery how come he's still fat

Dudes a joke

Cry Havoc
10-30-2014, 11:44 PM
Christie is an asshat who likes to cause a panic so he can get more federal money for "aid".

littlecoyotecoin
10-31-2014, 08:43 AM
It's really not that easy to get ebola, folks.

The lesser contagiousness is far outweighed by the increased death rate if you do catch it, relative other diseases. She is an irresponsible tool. She is not at a high probability of transmitting it, but her attitude is at a high probability of causing a whole lot of turmoil if everyone like her gets to make up their own rules about what they think they should be allowed to do after exposure. That attitude would eventually spread the disease, and even more quickly, devastate an economy.

ChumpDumper
10-31-2014, 09:24 AM
Her own rules?

She's not symptomatic, so she hasn't quarantined herself.

Just how do you think ebola is transmitted?

Skull-1
10-31-2014, 09:44 AM

Yes. She was so brave she couldn't hack it for even a month. And when the government finally does something smart......we get to watch this selfish libtard (with the POTENTIAL to infect people with a fatal disease) audition to replace Sandra Fluke at the DNC convention by showing us her middle finger and fat butt on a bike.

The truth is that liberals are morons. They can't STAND individual liberty. No, sir. Not when it comes to what you eat, what size soda you can drink, what light bulb you use, the Second Amendment, what car you can drive. No! But let some self-absorbed witch come back from the Hot Zone after direct exposure to Ebola patients and now they are all for individual liberty!

What hypocrites.

I AM A GOOD PERSON. I CARE. THE RULES DONT APPLY TO ME.

That loser knew what she was doing. Charity begins at home. If you choose otherwise then get your ass in quarantine and stfu! (Take off that Spurs jersey, too, you disgrace!)

dabom
10-31-2014, 09:49 AM
Yes. She was so brave she couldn't hack it for even a month. And when the government finally does something smart we get to watch this selfish libtard with the POTENTIAL to infect people with a highly fatal disease audition to replace Sandra talked at the DNC convention by showing us her middle finger and fat butt on a bike.

The truth is that liberals are morons. They can't STAND individual liberty. No, sir. Not when it comes to what you eat, what size soda you can drink, what light bulb you use, the Second Amendment, what car you can drive. No! Bit let some self-absorbed botch come back from the Hot Zone after direct exposure to Ebola patients and now they are all for individual liberty!

What hypocrites.

I AM A GOOD PERSON. I CARE. THE RULES DONT APPLY TO ME.

That loser knew what she was doing. Charity begins at home. If you choose otherwise then get your ass in quarantine and stfu! (Take off that Spurs jersey you disgrace!)

Shut up fagot. SA is one of the most liberal cities in Texas. Go talk about politics somewhere else. Your whole profile is trash.

Skull-1
10-31-2014, 09:50 AM
Shut up fagot. SA is one of the most liberal cities in Texas. Go talk about politics somewhere else. Your whole profile is trash.

Yep. One of the most liberal cities in a conservative state. Which is why all the smart people who pay the freight for the tickets don't live in SA. Also why SA is one of the crappiest, most rundown cities in America. The suburbs are the only thing keeping that place alive. If they couldn't annex all the good places it would have collapsed.

Hopefully the Hill Country towns can block SA from spreading its tentacles any further north and northwest.

SA is only a few more years away from turning into the Valley. Liberals are locusts and should be exterminated.

Viva la raza! :lol Not.

dabom
10-31-2014, 09:57 AM
Yep. One of the most liberal cities in a conservative state. Which is why all the smart people who pay the freight for the tickets don't live in SA. Also why SA is one of the crappiest, most rundown cities in America. The suburbs are the only thing keeping that place alive. If they couldn't annex all the good places it would have collapsed. Viva la Raza! Not.

SA is only a few more years away from turning into the Valley. Liberals are locusts and should be exterminated.

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2014/02/gregg-popovich-had-a-lunch-date-with-bill-clinton

Look at the most liberal people in this state with Bill fucking Clinton. lol. Panties in a bunch yet?
Most of the Cities in Texas vote democrat, but all the bumfuck towns vote Republican. How does it feel to have a Democrat president?
Watch out. Texas has a huge liberal population that doesn't vote. Give it 20 years and I can see Texas being a democrat state.
Suck dick you tiny dick fagot.

Skull-1
10-31-2014, 10:06 AM
http://ftw.usatoday.com/2014/02/gregg-popovich-had-a-lunch-date-with-bill-clinton

Look at the most liberal people in this state with Bill fucking Clinton. lol. Panties in a bunch yet?
Most of the Cities in Texas vote democrat, but all the bumfuck towns vote Republican. How does it feel to have a Democrat president?
Watch out. Texas has a huge liberal population that doesn't vote. Give it 20 years and I can see Texas being a democrat state.
Suck dick you tiny dick fagot.

(^^^^^^ Behold your future. People who can't even write will run your life.)

Well, when that happens, welcome to the Third World, you dumbass.

The bigger the city the dumber the population.

Thankfully Texas is big enough to hold onto its rural nature despite the left wing invasion. When it finally collapses under the weight of New Yorkers, Californians, and Third Worlders fleeing their liberal leftist progressive Utopias you won't have anyone to blame. You'll own it as you cry, "It is Bush's fault."

(Btw, idiot, we are a CONSTITUTUONALLY LIMITED REPUBLIC, not a mob free-for-all democracy.)

dabom
10-31-2014, 10:13 AM
(^^^^^^ Behold your future. People who can't even write will run your life.)

Well, when that happens, welcome to the Third World, you dumbass.

The bigger the city the dumber the population.

Thankfully Texas is big enough to hold onto its rural nature despite the left wing invasion. When it finally collapses under the weight of New Yorkers, Californians, and Third Worlders fleeing their liberal leftist progressive Utopias you won't have anyone to blame. You'll own it as you cry, "It is Bush's fault."

(Btw, idiot, we are a CONSTITUTUONALLY LIMITED REPUBLIC, not a mob free-for-all democracy.)

What does this even mean? lol.

Actually, the smarter and educated people with degrees migrate to bigger cities. That goes for engineers, doctors, and techs. You really are a stupid fuck right?
I hate these stupid fucking fans.

littlecoyotecoin
10-31-2014, 10:17 AM
The level of ignorance and fear with regards to Ebola is astronomical. Chris Christie should be disqualified from any future political office based on the idiotic actions he took. You can't fucking spread Ebola unless you're symptomatic. Trust the doctors and scientists who have spent decades researching this, not some slimy politician who screwed over his own party's presidential candidate.

The virus doesn't care about your politics any more than it does Christie's. Because you don't like his decision because you don't like him (slimy), doesn't make his decision wrong. I don't like him, but I don't necessarily disagree with his decision. His decision may be right (prevents spread), for the wrong reasons (only did it for political reasons when he didn't really believe it would prevent spread) or right for the right reasons. He has scientific advisors, I am sure, but he is also a governor. His decision could be wrong for the wrong reason, or wrong for the right reasons, too.

Try getting an individual to report to authorities the exact moment they become symptomatic. The doctor was self-monitoring, and was found to be taking unnecessary risks, like bowling, and he ended up being infected. That was a doctor behaving irresponsibly, much less average Joe fast food worker. Try to get an entire population to behave responsibly. Herding cats. Then get an entire population to believe that they aren't in danger once it begins to spread and people begin to die. Putting toothpaste back into the tube.

The hospital that saw 1 case saw two healthcare workers get ill. Workers taking lots of precautions. How will soccer moms without hazmat suits react? The hospital became a quasi-ghost-town relative to previous the disease. That was ONE CASE. Multiply that by 10,000. The number of cases in Africa, which is projected to be 100,000 in the not too distant future if containment efforts (including quarantines and tracking) are unsuccessful. The type of quarantines and tracking this nurse thinks she is above complying with. The system could easily become overwhelmed. I have experience teaching a lot of nurses. They are, in general, a far cry from epidemiologists, intellectually. I'll pass on letting this bitch set a precedent on whether or not she, and every other nurse, doctor, or non-healthcare worker gets to make his/her own rules, even if the governor might be being over-zealous. Epidemiologists are not all in confident agreement with you that there really is no worry. As a matter of fact, several were ringing a bell that no one was listening to probably because they didn't want to spook the crowd. Some epidemiologists may just disagree with the science and numbers. However, even if you are an epidemiologist, and you were to be of the opinion you are, I could find an epidemiologist or microbiologist that disagrees with you about how alarmed we should be.

In worst case scenarios, the crowd can stone someone like her to death from a distance and leave her body unburied, and avoid the area until the dust she became blows away. We will have long given up on civil rights, FDA procedure for new drugs, etc. Of course, she could just realize she lives in a society and be civil. And refrain from being a bitch. She volunteered to put herself in harms way, which was commendable, and now wishes to absolve herself of all that was entailed in that decision, which is not commendable. I am neither of those two (an epidemiologist nor microbiologist) , but disagree with you nonetheless that this has been handled well, thus far, nor that we should just trust whatever professional you chose to listen to.

The professionals you say to trust take it pretty damn seriously. When they go in to these homes and apartments, the decontamination ruins a lot of shit. Because it's serious shit. They go in with suits. The professionals. When you see someone NOT wearing a suit, they are thinking: I SHOULD be ok. Not: I will absolutely be ok. The air flight guy that was made famous wasn't a doctor, I don't believe. But, the doctors working on Pham were all wearing masks, at a minimum, even when standing feet away. While trying to put on a good front, they know they are at risk. They are modern day heroes, really. If the shit hits the fan, we will see an exodus from that field, to be sure. We've already seen it on a small scale with only that first case. Even some of these "educated professionals" began to question their choice of career field. Imagine only 100 cases in the US, and people seeing a McD closed down with hazmat crews decontaminating it.

The people I enjoy hearing from the most are the infectious disease control people, microbiologists, epidemiologists, etc. They all paint a much more "up in the air" or nebulous outcome than you are implying that they do, or the CDC guy does that is trotted out by Obama for almost the sole purpose of telling everyone that there is no risk and everything will be totally fine. At that point he is a PR guy. Listen to some independent scientific voices and the picture is at least SLIGHTLY more blurry.

A significant portion of the population believes we didn't land on the moon. When all of them, and more, as this opinion could actually be "life-threatening" to them, if they make the "wrong" choice, make similarly irrational conclusions (to the moon landing conclusion) you'll have financial chaos. It happened to African countries, and they hardly even have economies. If 10-20 percent declines in plane, train, and bus use as well as large event attendance, hotel stays, etc, occur, you've got major issues. Not everyone in the population is as smart or brave as you are. Many a smart and brave man have been trampled to death. Hopefully, your well-reasoned thoughts will be heard over the thundering hooves of the herd.

Think of it this way: A .00001% increased chance of getting Ebola will translate to a .1% decrease in GDP. I just pulled that out of my ass, of course, but it will give us something to consider.

Of course, the disease could run it's course, like previous flare ups have, although they have peaked in the hundreds of cases, maybe under 2000 cases at an absolute max. This one is unprecedented due to globalization, and ease of travel.

But, this one could be contained, too, although the volume of cases and ease of travel make it more difficult. It could be contained.

FDA will drop regs if it starts killing politicians and their families as well as driving down GDP, etc.

Science may ride in on a white horse with a vaccine, ZMapp/TMK alternatives, etc.

littlecoyotecoin
10-31-2014, 11:17 AM
Her own rules?

She's not symptomatic, so she hasn't quarantined herself.

Just how do you think ebola is transmitted?

Of course her own rules. Thus the defiant bike ride and the legal fight, and the general martyrdom of "I'm going to fight the quarantine that has been imposed on me." Yes. Her own rules. She will be quarantined only if she feels she needs to be. Very dangerous precedent, not to mention just selfish and overly dramatic. It is not jail, and it is not an extraordinary long period of time, and it is something that she knew was a potential outcome when she signed up for it.

Generally, I enjoy the verve in your posts, and get and crack up at your sense of humor. This isn't personal, but you're way off base in implying I don't know how it is spread or that you have a superior understanding. That does not appear to be the case.

http://www.latimes.com/nation/la-na-ebola-questions-20141007-story.html#page=1

That ONE article gives reference to:

1) An Ebola researcher saying he would not rule out infection via airborne particles in confined spaces. The CDC has recently "refined" the statements that it can't be contracted via air.

2) That there is a chance that Asymptomatic people can transmit the disease. Personally speaking, this is patently OBVIOUS. It is MORE LIKELY transmitted if you are symptomatic, but if you have it, you can transmit it if your body has yet to even ramp up a defense (fever), the viral count is rapidly growing, pre-fever. And, we are talking about continuums, here. Do you think that a person is not infectious, because you've been told they're not at 98.6 degrees, but automatically becomes infectious at 98.7 degrees? Or, are they infectious at 98.61 degrees? 98.601 degrees? But, absolutely not ever contagious at 98.6 degrees.

3) There is just too much we just don't know.

In addition, for example, the CDC does not state that it can't be transmitted from an asymptomatic victim or symptomatic victim to an uninfected individual via mosquito. What they say is that there is no evidence that it can be. Not the same thing as can't. It's a rare disease. We may not know. And, if they find out it can be, but the likelihood is low, especially since biological reservoirs are few and far between for the mosquito, the CDC might be hesitant to put that in a headline.

Mind you, that is one article quoting just a couple of scientists.

Do you know how it is transmitted?

Russ
10-31-2014, 11:29 AM
Just a thought -- can anyone think of someone who hasn't died of Ebola who transmitted it?

(I know the sample size of traceable cases is small.)

Russ
10-31-2014, 11:45 AM
That loser knew what she was doing. Charity begins at home. If you choose otherwise then get your ass in quarantine and stfu! (Take off that Spurs jersey, too, you disgrace!)

First, that nurse knows more about Ebola than the people that ordered her quarantine -- she was around it and treated it firsthand. She knows, they don't.

Second, the CDC says she shouldn't be quarantined.

Third, the only ones who ordered the quarantine are scared politicians with their fingers in the air -- afraid of looking like they're not "doing enough." It's the theatre of security by the same people who make you take your shoes off at the airport.

Fourth, she's perfect for that Spurs jersey. She's a contrarian who beats people who seen to have more power than she does. Then they still don't understand why.

littlecoyotecoin
10-31-2014, 11:50 AM
Just a thought -- can anyone think of someone who hasn't died of Ebola who transmitted it?

(I know the sample size of traceable cases is small.)

We don't know of all of the African patients that have transmitted it to the healthcare workers. Most of them are relatively lost in anonymity in the large numbers infected in Africa. The death rate is 50-70% though, is what i hear reported.

Thus far, Pham, the other Dallas nurse, and the Male doctor in NYC have yet to be known to have infected anyone. All infections to healthcare workers, thus far, have come from Africans, And, I am unaware of an infection outside the health industry.

Thus far, most but not all of the healthcare workers that have gotten it have recovered. But they've been getting top-notch treatment from day one, Zmapp, etc, and blood transfusions from previously infected survivors with valuable antibodies. In a pandemic, all of those things are not necessarily available. That would be the worry. Especially blood transfusions from survivors. We could ramp up drug production, but Zmapp, for example, hasn't proven yet if or how effective it is, so the ability to ramp up its production might be irrelevant. The healthcare workers have acted brotherly in making sure other healthcare workers get their blood when matches are available. One or two of these instances are public record.

Dre_7
10-31-2014, 11:57 AM
I didn't read all the posts, but here is my 2 cents. Since the Ebola crisis began, MORE people have died from the flu than ebola. And that is just since this whole thing has started. The number of deaths caused by Ebola throughout history is nothing compared to how many people the flu has killed. The flu is also easier to catch than ebola. Yet, we do not force those who get diagnosed with the flu to be quarantined. They are free to walk around the neighborhood, hit a drive thru somewhere, go to the store to get medicine (or anything else they need), or anything else they feel up to doing. How come no one is bitching about the many many many people walking around with a diesase that kills more than Ebola and is easier to catch?

Skull-1
10-31-2014, 11:58 AM
What does this even mean? lol.

Actually, the smarter and educated people with degrees migrate to bigger cities. That goes for engineers, doctors, and techs. You really are a stupid fuck right?
I hate these stupid fucking fans.

It means my freedoms and paychecks are not yours to take just because you can amass more votes, you jealous, ignorant, freeloader, loon.

Smart people are in every city. Big ones just attract a larger ratio of morons like yourself.

Skull-1
10-31-2014, 11:59 AM
I didn't read all the posts, but here is my 2 cents. Since the Ebola crisis began, MORE people have died from the flu than ebola. And that is just since this whole thing has started. The number of deaths caused by Ebola throughout history is nothing compared to how many people the flu has killed. The flu is also easier to catch than ebola. Yet, we do not force those who get diagnosed with the flu to be quarantined. They are free to walk around the neighborhood, hit a drive thru somewhere, go to the store to get medicine (or anything else they need), or anything else they feel up to doing. How come no one is bitching about the many many many people walking around with a diesase that kills more than Ebola and is easier to catch?

More die of flu because more catch it. The rate of death is miniscule compared to Ebola. Stupid comparison. Next.

Dre_7
10-31-2014, 12:04 PM
More die of flu because more catch it. The rate of death is miniscule compared to Ebola. Stupid comparison. Next.

Mr. Duncan was symptomatic when he went to that Dallas hospital. He was around a lot of people, in fact he was allowed to sit in the waiting room, yet only those 2 nurses got sick. None of the other patients in the room, nor the staff at the front desk got sick. That tells me it is in fact very hard to catch. You have to really get close to the blood, sweat, seman, or mucus of an infected person. Yes Ebola kills a higher percentage of people that get it, but you are right, it is A LOT harder to catch than the flu. Therefore, if she isn't showing symptoms and has so far tested negative, why should she be forcefully quarntined? This is America.

dabom
10-31-2014, 12:09 PM
It means my freedoms and paychecks are not yours to take just because you can amass more votes, you jealous, ignorant, freeloader, loon.

Smart people are in every city. Big ones just attract a larger ratio of morons like yourself.

So basically anything you want it to mean, because it sure hell doesn't mean shit in the real world.
You need to lay off the fear mongering by fox news and rush fat fuck. I do like Bill O'reilly a little though.
FYI read some other POVs from time to time.

RD2191
10-31-2014, 12:11 PM
Lol politics.

dabom
10-31-2014, 12:14 PM
Lol politics.

:lol I guess I got trolled.

DarrinS
10-31-2014, 12:14 PM

This is fucking retarded. No offense.

Dre_7
10-31-2014, 12:17 PM
This is fucking retarded. No offense.

So is denying an American of their rights and freedoms. No offense.

ChumpDumper
10-31-2014, 12:18 PM
Of course her own rules. Thus the defiant bike ride and the legal fight, and the general martyrdom of "I'm going to fight the quarantine that has been imposed on me." Yes. Her own rules. She will be quarantined only if she feels she needs to be. Very dangerous precedent, not to mention just selfish and overly dramatic. It is not jail, and it is not an extraordinary long period of time, and it is something that she knew was a potential outcome when she signed up for it.

Generally, I enjoy the verve in your posts, and get and crack up at your sense of humor. This isn't personal, but you're way off base in implying I don't know how it is spread or that you have a superior understanding. That does not appear to be the case.

http://www.latimes.com/nation/la-na-ebola-questions-20141007-story.html#page=1

That ONE article gives reference to:

1) An Ebola researcher saying he would not rule out infection via airborne particles in confined spaces. The CDC has recently "refined" the statements that it can't be contracted via air.

2) That there is a chance that Asymptomatic people can transmit the disease. Personally speaking, this is patently OBVIOUS. It is MORE LIKELY transmitted if you are symptomatic, but if you have it, you can transmit it if your body has yet to even ramp up a defense (fever), the viral count is rapidly growing, pre-fever. And, we are talking about continuums, here. Do you think that a person is not infectious, because you've been told they're not at 98.6 degrees, but automatically becomes infectious at 98.7 degrees? Or, are they infectious at 98.61 degrees? 98.601 degrees? But, absolutely not ever contagious at 98.6 degrees.

3) There is just too much we just don't know.

In addition, for example, the CDC does not state that it can't be transmitted from an asymptomatic victim or symptomatic victim to an uninfected individual via mosquito. What they say is that there is no evidence that it can be. Not the same thing as can't. It's a rare disease. We may not know. And, if they find out it can be, but the likelihood is low, especially since biological reservoirs are few and far between for the mosquito, the CDC might be hesitant to put that in a headline.

Mind you, that is one article quoting just a couple of scientists.

Do you know how it is transmitted?Yep.

Think about the dude in Dallas. Who got ebola from him? only the nurses taking care of him.

And that dude was out for a long time.

Calm down.

Dre_7
10-31-2014, 12:18 PM
Yep.

Think about the dude in Dallas. Who got ebola from him? only the nurses taking care of him.

Calm down.

RD2191
10-31-2014, 12:19 PM
Skull 1 is good people. I just don't care much for politics.

ChumpDumper
10-31-2014, 12:19 PM
If you ever get the flu. Quarantine yourself and your family.

Because that shit kills people.

Are you really going to do that?

RD2191
10-31-2014, 12:21 PM
That bitch should be in quarantine though.

Dre_7
10-31-2014, 12:22 PM

If she isnt showing symptoms and has tested negative, what valid reason do they have to quarantine her?

RD2191
10-31-2014, 12:23 PM
If she isnt showing symptoms and has tested negative, what valid reason do they have to quarantine her?
She's coming from Africa. That's enough for me. I wouldn't even let her back into the states.

dabom
10-31-2014, 12:25 PM
If you ever get the flu. Quarantine yourself and your family.

Because that shit kills people.

Are you really going to do that?

Flu kills mostly the old or the fragile. Ebola pretty much kills anyone healthy or not. You can have an epidemic if ebola is not handled correctly. Just stating that out.
I trust the CDC or health workers working with ebola though.

DarrinS
10-31-2014, 12:25 PM

Her right to ride her bicycle is more important than public safety. :lmao

For some CRAZY reason, the military will impose 21 day quarantine for soldiers returning from that area.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/10/29/politics/military-ebola-quarantine/

dabom
10-31-2014, 12:26 PM
She's coming from Africa. That's enough for me. I wouldn't even let her back into the states.

I would place them in a resort in africa for 2 more months without direct contact with ebola before letting them travel again.

Dre_7
10-31-2014, 12:26 PM

Well, it may be good enough for you, but in America we have these things called rights and you can't just deny people their rights based on some media fear mongering.

Dre_7
10-31-2014, 12:32 PM
And just to point out again, that Duncan guy went to the hospital TWICE. He was symptomatic both times, in fact he even threw up outside while he was going back to the hospitol the 2nd time. Yet, the ONLY people to catch it from him were the two nurses that treated him. Not the people that sat in the same waiting room, not the staff that checked him in, none of the Doctors that helped him, and none of the people at his appartment complex caught it. Therefore, I can say I would not be afraid of someone on a bike ride. I would ride my bike next to her without being afraid.

littlecoyotecoin
10-31-2014, 12:33 PM

Skull summed that up, pretty much. Catching the flu will not kill the average person. Ebola is more than likely to kill you unless you receive the absolute best treatment from early on. If you are poor, and receive no treatment, death rates are as high as 90%. Even people getting some level of treatment in Africa die at a 50-70% clip. With large numbers, expect quality of treatment to decrease, not increase. The people around and treating flu victims are n little danger of death, even if they haven't gotten the vaccine. If they have, their probability of death due to working on the patient drops to near zero.

Hearing you have Ebola is tantamount to hearing you have cancer. It's as close to a death sentence as you can come with an infectious disease.

There is also a flu vaccine. There is no Ebola vaccine. I would think you would realize that makes a big difference.

I never worry about getting the flu. I am a relatively healthy, not yet elderly male in a first world country. But, if I were worried I would drop by a Walgreens and for $40, relieve myself of that worry.

Most people knowingly or unknowingly makes these financial risk vs reward calculations. The herd has voted, and we're not all that worried about the flu. I'll give you three guesses as to what people's decision will be with regard to quarantining victims or you isolating yourself voluntarily like a hermit, if Ebola runs through our nation like the flu. Heck, I'll bet you don't even need three guesses.

As a contrast to Ebola 50-90% death rate, mortality rate from influenza was .0002 or about 2/100's of a percent using their highest rate for children to extrapolate to the global population (adults get it less). So that number should be even lower, which surprised me. I thought the flu was more deadly than that, but suffice it to say, even if I did my numbers wrong, the flu is relatively benign.

Dre_7
10-31-2014, 12:44 PM
You guys are missing the point on the flu. The point about the flu it kills more because it is easier to catch. Point is, your not gonna catch Ebola from someone riding their bike who has tested negative and doesn't have symptoms.

sammy
10-31-2014, 12:44 PM

LOL! So true!

sammy
10-31-2014, 12:47 PM
And just to point out again, that Duncan guy went to the hospital TWICE. He was symptomatic both times, in fact he even threw up outside while he was going back to the hospital the 2nd time. Yet, the ONLY people to catch it from him were the two nurses that treated him. Not the people that sat in the same waiting room, not the staff that checked him in, none of the Doctors that helped him, and none of the people at his apartment complex caught it. Therefore, I can say I would not be afraid of someone on a bike ride. I would ride my bike next to her without being afraid.

The Voice of Reason! Great Post!

littlecoyotecoin
10-31-2014, 12:53 PM
And just to point out again, that Duncan guy went to the hospital TWICE. He was symptomatic both times, in fact he even threw up outside while he was going back to the hospitol the 2nd time. Yet, the ONLY people to catch it from him were the two nurses that treated him. Not the people that sat in the same waiting room, not the staff that checked him in, none of the Doctors that helped him, and none of the people at his appartment complex caught it. Therefore, I can say I would not be afraid of someone on a bike ride. I would ride my bike next to her without being afraid.

This isn't about whether a brave man like you would be willing to ride your bicycle next to her. It's whether a family of 4 wants to ride in a plane with her. It's not whether anyone caught Ebola from his puke. That's relatively easy to clean up in a confined space. Bleach, UV light, etc. You so easily dismiss that two people that were doing everything they thought they knew to be correct DID catch it from him. That puke was very dangerous puke. I am glad no one got infected from it. However, again, that's different than saying it wasn't contagious.

The nurse riding her bike was just her testing the limits of the authorities' resolve. Riding her bike is no big deal. That was just her showing defiance, but it didn't break the spirit of the quarantine. If she went to work volunteer at the homeless Thanksgiving Dinner Banquet, they would have been all over her like white on rice.

To prove a point, I would be willing to ride next to her, depending upon how close "next to" is. You've got beneficial air-flow. If I rode too close and she sneezed on me, though, I would put myself in voluntary isolation and kick myself for being so stupid to prove a point. I would wait my 21 days because it is the prudent thing to do, not because I am afraid. For that reason, I don't want dummies that won't put themselves in isolation to be allowed to ride next to her. Dummies will propagate the problem. Again, the virus doesn't care how brave you are. It does hope you're stupid, though, and hope you cling to "weighing her concerns for civil liberties" while it spreads. You have to get in front of it, not pause for argument while it marches forward.

Dre_7
10-31-2014, 01:02 PM
“Getting ahead" of it is one thing, violating rights and freedoms is a totally different issue.

Skull-1
10-31-2014, 01:02 PM

Lmao she he doesn't have a right to harm others who haven't tried to harm her first. Duh.

Dre_7
10-31-2014, 01:05 PM
And it isnt spreading here. Again with all the screw ups at that Dallas hospital it hasn't spread. Plain and simple. If she were symptomatic and Ebola positive, absolutely quarantine her. But if not, what scientific medical reasons do you have to quarantine her?

Skull-1
10-31-2014, 01:06 PM
You guys are missing the point on the flu. The point about the flu it kills more because it is easier to catch. Point is, your not gonna catch Ebola from someone riding their bike who has tested negative and doesn't have symptoms.

it kills more because more people get it. More are exposed to it.

Very very few are exposed to Ebola. Those who get it die without massive treatment costing hundreds of thousands of dollars. Some die even with that.

Nobody knows own a thing about Ebola. Even your vaunted CDC comes out with revised protocols on a daily basis. We don't have enough data on Ebola to know how it is transmitted with any real certainty.

it is dangerous, contagious, and can mutate. It must be stopped at its source before it gets out of control.

Humans are full of hubris. When that hubris is left unchallenged we get things like Africanized Bees and democrats.

Dre_7
10-31-2014, 01:06 PM
Lmao she he doesn't have a right to harm others who haven't tried to harm her first. Duh.

Again, if she isn't positive and doesn't have symptoms how is she harming anyone? Show me the proof?

Skull-1
10-31-2014, 01:08 PM
Skull 1 is good people. I just don't care much for politics.

I don't either, but these idiots won't leave me alone to live my life in freedom so politics it becomes, sadly...

ElNono
10-31-2014, 01:08 PM
Lol politics.

Who are you voting for in November, son? Ramon "Chupe" Salazar or Andres "Tito" Alvarez?

:lol I always get a laugh when I see the signs down the valley.

ChumpDumper
10-31-2014, 01:10 PM
it kills more because more people get it. More are exposed to it.

Very very few are exposed to Ebola. Those who get it die without massive treatment costing hundreds of thousands of dollars. Some die even with that.

Nobody knows own a thing about Ebola. Even your vaunted CDC comes out with revised protocols on a daily basis. We don't have enough data on Ebola to know how it is transmitted with any real certainty.

it is dangerous, contagious, and can mutate. It must be stopped at its source before it gets out of control.

Humans are full of hubris. When that hubris is left unchallenged we get things like Africanized Bees and democrats.lol fear mongering

Dre_7
10-31-2014, 01:10 PM
Not about politics for me. Its about science and common sense.

Spurminator
10-31-2014, 01:11 PM
Humans are full of hubris. When that hubris is left unchallenged we get things like Africanized Bees and democrats.

You mean the kind of hubris that causes people to completely ignore the recommendations of the scientific community in favor of a few politicians and ratings-driven news outlets?

Dre_7
10-31-2014, 01:13 PM
You mean the kind of hubris that causes people to completely ignore the recommendations of the scientific community in favor of a few politicians and ratings-driven news outlets?

Ding ding!

Skull-1
10-31-2014, 01:14 PM
So basically anything you want it to mean, because it sure hell doesn't mean shit in the real world.
You need to lay off the fear mongering by fox news and rush fat fuck. I do like Bill O'reilly a little though.
FYI read some other POVs from time to time.

It means what it says, dbag.

You need to grow a brain and learn reality. You talk about other POVs yet you can only throw out the standard Fox News joke. I don't bother with Fox. I read my news.

It is telling that you marinate yourself in leftist outlets but tell others to read/watch different sources. :lol O'Reilly? Really??? Guy just blows with the wind. At best center left.

I have listened and studied the "other side" for four decades. I have to keep tabs on my enemy after all. That said another four decades won't change the fact they're wrong. Logic requires it. Obama and his ineptitude proves it. Reality is a stubborn thing, but that won't stop the Utopians from trying. Only bullets will ever do that.

littlecoyotecoin
10-31-2014, 01:14 PM

It is easier to catch, and even when you do catch it, it's a minor inconvenience to most people even when untreated. I don't miss the point. Ebola is harder to catch than the flu, but easier than is made out to be. It has not killed a lot of people because it has been held to the confines of very remote regions. It still has an R value very close to influenza, actually:

http://m.bbc.com/news/health-29573993

Meaning it is almost as likely to infect as influenza 1-2 vs 2-3. Not a big difference, so close as to overlap in range by those numbers. So, you pretending that it's almost impossible to catch cuz some guy puked on the floor and no one got sick, or that his family that was with him earlier on in his disease when he was less contagious didn't get sick, is some sort of anecdotal evidence that this thing can't run though large populations with staggering numbers is naive, at best, and is refuted by whAt is ACTUALLY HAPPENING in Africa.

http://www.nytimes.com/subscriptions/Multiproduct/lp5558.html?campaignId=3JR8L

the very people you say to trust, WHO, for example, is projecting as high as 10k per week in west Africa. That's not me being alarmist. I'm quoting them. Those Africans sure aren't having a hard time catching it. But, your one anecdotal case. It's hard to catch, even those people in protective gear caught it.

ChumpDumper
10-31-2014, 01:15 PM

You need to grow a brain and learn reality. You talk about other POVs yet you can only throw out the standard Fox News joke. I don't bother with Fox. I read my news.

It is telling that you marinate yourself in leftist outlets but tell others to read/watch different sources. :lol O'Reilly? Really??? Guy just blows with the wind. At best center left.

I have listened and studied the "other side" for four decades. I have to keep tabs on my enemy after all. That said another four decades won't change the fact they're wrong. Logic requires it. Obama and his ineptitude proves it. Reality is a stubborn thing, but that won't stop the Utopians from trying. Only bullets will ever do that.lol enemy

Nice screed. Is your ebola bunker fully stocked?

Skull-1
10-31-2014, 01:16 PM
First, that nurse knows more about Ebola than the people that ordered her quarantine -- she was around it and treated it firsthand. She knows, they don't.

Second, the CDC says she shouldn't be quarantined.

Third, the only ones who ordered the quarantine are scared politicians with their fingers in the air -- afraid of looking like they're not "doing enough." It's the theatre of security by the same people who make you take your shoes off at the airport.

Fourth, she's perfect for that Spurs jersey. She's a contrarian who beats people who seen to have more power than she does. Then they still don't understand why.

Stupidest post ever.

"I sat courtside at a Spurs game once. I therefore know everything about basketball."

:lol

ChumpDumper
10-31-2014, 01:17 PM
It is easier to catch, and even when you do catch it, it's a minor inconvenience to most people even when untreated. I don't miss the point. Ebola is harder to catch than the flu, but easier than is made out to be. It has not killed a lot of people because it has been held to the confines of very remote regions. It still has an R value very close to influenza, actually:

http://m.bbc.com/news/health-29573993

Meaning it is almost as likely to infect as influenza 1-2 vs 2-3. Not a big difference, so close as to overlap in range by those numbers. So, you pretending that it's almost impossible to catch cuz some guy puked on the floor and no one got sick, or that his family that was with him earlier on in his disease when he was less contagious didn't get sick, is some sort of anecdotal evidence that this thing can't run though large populations with staggering numbers is naive, at best, and is refuted by whAt is ACTUALLY HAPPENING in Africa.

http://www.nytimes.com/subscriptions/Multiproduct/lp5558.html?campaignId=3JR8L

the very people you say to trust, WHO, for example, is projecting as high as 10k per week in west Africa. That's not me being alarmist. I'm quoting them. Those Africans sure aren't having a hard time catching it. But, your one anecdotal case. It's hard to catch, even those people in protective gear caught it.You should probably read up on why it spreads so much in Africa.

Hint: they aren't getting it from riding bikes.

Dre_7
10-31-2014, 01:18 PM
It is anecdotal, but the scientific evidence also tells me it is impossible to catch it of someone is not positive and doesn't have symptoms. She doesn't. If she did, I would say quarantine her.

Skull-1
10-31-2014, 01:19 PM
Again, if she isn't positive and doesn't have symptoms how is she harming anyone? Show me the proof?

We will not know until the incubation period is over. She was in the hot zone in direct contact with Ebola patients. Doctors and nurses taking full precautions have been infected. That's all the proof that is needed.

They need to tell that b---h to stfu and wait until her incubation period is over. Otherwise she will be arrested. By the time a judge lets her out of the gray bar hotel we will know if she is infected or not. Done.

ChumpDumper
10-31-2014, 01:21 PM
We will not know until the incubation period is over. She was in the hot zone in direct contact with Ebola patients. Doctors and nurses taking full precautions have been infected. That's all the proof that is needed.

They need to tell that b---h to stfu and wait until her incubation period is over. Otherwise she will be arrested. By the time a judge lets her out of the gray bar hotel we will know if she is infected or not. Done.Pretty authoritarian of you.

Skull-1
10-31-2014, 01:22 PM
It is anecdotal, but the scientific evidence also tells me it is impossible to catch it of someone is not positive and doesn't have symptoms. She doesn't. If she did, I would say quarantine her.

They don't know when the infectious period begins. It is speculation right. Ow. Also, some symptoms are too subtle to see. We are playing with fire. My right to live trumps her right to be a disease carrying snob.

dabom
10-31-2014, 01:23 PM

I have listened and studied the "other side" for four decades. I have to keep tabs on my enemy after all. That said another four decades won't change the fact they're wrong. Logic requires it. Obama and his ineptitude proves it. Reality is a stubborn thing, but that won't stop the Utopians from trying. Only bullets will ever do that.

:lol You are seriously brainwashed. Typical republican or a tea partyist? :lmao
The funny thing is people like you reproduce. :lmao

Skull-1
10-31-2014, 01:23 PM
Pretty authoritarian of you.

Yep.

And there is precedent.

She is not being unduly inconvenienced. Let the State pay her salary even. Whatever. But she should not be allowed to run around infecting people any more than someone with AIDS should...

Skull-1
10-31-2014, 01:24 PM
:lol You are seriously brainwashed. Typical republican or a tea partyist? :lmao
The funny thing is people like you reproduce. :lmao

I am definitely not a republican. Too bad you can't win with facts. That's what happens when you get educated by the public school system, sadly.

Dre_7
10-31-2014, 01:26 PM

They need to tell that b---h to stfu and wait until her incubation period is over. Otherwise she will be arrested. By the time a judge lets her out of the gray bar hotel we will know if she is infected or not. Done.

Wow. Ok that tells me all I need to know. Apparently fear, not scientific evidence is the basis of your argument, therefore it is pointless to keep arguing. I'm just glad we don't live in the kind of military state you clearly want to live in. You should move to North Korea, they are making sure to protect their county from the fear of Ebola.

ChumpDumper
10-31-2014, 01:26 PM
Yep.

And there is precedent.Yep.

The flu.

lol

Dre_7
10-31-2014, 01:27 PM
And she is not infecting people because the SCIENTIFIC PROOF says she is not contagious.

dabom
10-31-2014, 01:28 PM
I am definitely not a republican. Too bad you can't win with facts. That's what happens when you get educated by the public school system, sadly.

:lol I'm going to leave you alone now. Too easy picking on a scared human being.

Cry Havoc
10-31-2014, 01:34 PM
:lmao There are a lot of uneducated idiots on this forum that think they're more intelligent and more knowledgeable than the scientists who actually do the research. :lol

littlecoyotecoin
10-31-2014, 01:34 PM

You will see that courts will hold up the quarantines as legal, so your whining that her rights are being violated will be in error as pointed out by the courts. And, I am a big civil liberties guy. But, in these cases, the right of the 330 million outweigh her right to overturn the quarantine, setting the precedent for anyone to violate them in the future when they wish. Do some reading on the resurgence of drug resistant Tuberculosis, for example, and people having to be detained for this same reason. "I feal fine, I am recovered, you can't make me stay in this hospital and keep taking all those pills...I am getting out of here." But, uneducated opinions like yours ("I didn't read the posts...but let me weigh in on staving off armageddon...I got this.") are will what will be our undoing if something like this runs through the country. Also, when you're beaten into submission by the reality of what has happened, and 3 kids at your school, or your daughter's school, etc. will cause you to fall in line and do what should have been done early on to avert it in the first place, which is advocate for isolation. Or, you could send your kid to school to prove a point. However, in communities where this is running rampant, do you think they've closed any schools? Do you think they're over-reacting? Do you want healthcare workers returning from that region just walking around unfettered?

Cry Havoc
10-31-2014, 01:36 PM
You will see that courts will hold up the quarantines as legal, so your whining that her rights are being violated will be in error as pointed out by the courts. And, I am a big civil liberties guy. But, in these cases, the right of the 330 million outweigh her right to overturn the quarantine, setting the precedent for anyone to violate them in the future when they wish. Do some reading on the resurgence of drug resistant Tuberculosis, for example, and people having to be detained for this same reason. "I feal fine, I am recovered, you can't make me stay in this hospital and keep taking all those pills...I am getting out of here." But, uneducated opinions like yours ("I didn't read the posts...but let me weigh in on staving off armageddon...I got this.") are will what will be our undoing if something like this runs through the country. Also, when you're beaten into submission by the reality of what has happened, and 3 kids at your school, or your daughter's school, etc. will cause you to fall in line and do what should have been done early on to avert it in the first place, which is advocate for isolation. Or, you could send your kid to school to prove a point. However, in communities where this is running rampant, do you think they've closed any schools? Do you think they're over-reacting? Do you want healthcare workers returning from that region just walking around unfettered?

lol tl;dr your fear-mongering.

The scientific community is in lockstep with this. She's not a danger. End of story.

Spurminator
10-31-2014, 01:39 PM
We should quarantine all of you on Election Day, you pose a far greater threat to this country than Ebola nurses.

ChumpDumper
10-31-2014, 01:40 PM
You will see that courts will hold up the quarantines as legal, so your whining that her rights are being violated will be in error as pointed out by the courts. And, I am a big civil liberties guy. But, in these cases, the right of the 330 million outweigh her right to overturn the quarantine, setting the precedent for anyone to violate them in the future when they wish. Do some reading on the resurgence of drug resistant Tuberculosis, for example, and people having to be detained for this same reason. "I feal fine, I am recovered, you can't make me stay in this hospital and keep taking all those pills...I am getting out of here." But, uneducated opinions like yours ("I didn't read the posts...but let me weigh in on staving off armageddon...I got this.") are will what will be our undoing if something like this runs through the country. Also, when you're beaten into submission by the reality of what has happened, and 3 kids at your school, or your daughter's school, etc. will cause you to fall in line and do what should have been done early on to avert it in the first place, which is advocate for isolation. Or, you could send your kid to school to prove a point. However, in communities where this is running rampant, do you think they've closed any schools? Do you think they're over-reacting? Do you want healthcare workers returning from that region just walking around unfettered?Again, do you know how it spread in Africa more than in the US?

Dre_7
10-31-2014, 01:40 PM
Do some reading on the resurgence of drug resistant Tuberculosis, for example, and people having to be detained for this same reason. "I feal fine, I am recovered, you can't make me stay in this hospital and keep taking all those pills...I am getting out of here." But, uneducated opinions like yours ("I didn't read the posts...but let me weigh in on staving off armageddon...I got this.") ?

That proves my point exactly. So because I didn't read the posts on Spurs Talk my opinion is uneducated? No, my opinions come, not from the posts of scared people, but from the SCIENTIFIC EVIDENCE on Ebola.

littlecoyotecoin
10-31-2014, 01:41 PM
Yep.

Calm down.

Um, like your point hasn't been addressed as moot. And, there is nothing to calm down about as I'm not excited. Although it is a topic I find interesting. I found it interesting a long time ago, though. I still haven't seen anything that would indicate you understand any of the relevant fields any better than I do, despite the condescension. So, I'll take the condescending, informationless advice with a grain of salt.

dabom
10-31-2014, 01:42 PM
Again, do you know how it spread in Africa more than in the US?

Washing the dead. I still believe we should be able to quarantine some people, but not this nurse.
All she is doing is getting crazy people pissed at her. I would be afraid of that.

littlecoyotecoin
10-31-2014, 01:43 PM

She is coming from Africa where she treated Ebola patients. The level of butthurt over her quarantine is ridiculous.

ChumpDumper
10-31-2014, 01:44 PM
Um, like your point hasn't been addressed as moot. And, there is nothing to calm down about as I'm not excited. Although it is a topic I find interesting. I found it interesting a long time ago, though. I still haven't seen anything that would indicate you understand any of the relevant fields any better than I do, despite the condescension. So, I'll take the condescending, informationless advice with a grain of salt.Considering the actions you are demanding to take place and telling posters about infected schoolchildren and sending their own children into a purported hot zone, yes, your posts indicate a definite level of excitement.

littlecoyotecoin
10-31-2014, 02:03 PM
And it isnt spreading here. Again with all the screw ups at that Dallas hospital it hasn't spread. Plain and simple. If she were symptomatic and Ebola positive, absolutely quarantine her. But if not, what scientific medical reasons do you have to quarantine her?

You've been duped into thinking those were screw ups. Those types of screw-ups are what can be referred to as "human error" which will ALWAYS arise and will never be eliminated from the equation. They were being as careful as possible. So was the doctor in NYC when he caught it in Africa.

And, of course it is spreading here. 4 cases is "spreading" in the history of the disease. Just because you can count them on one hand doesn't negate that. You have no idea what lies ahead, what we know is the incidence in the US has skyrocketed from essentially zero, unless you count some imported monkeys. The fact that they are nosocomial in origin shouldn't be all that surprising. Sick people go to the hospital. The fact that they spread it there flies in the face of your "it's not easy to catch" theory.

And, furthermore, you don't quarantine people that have just tested positive. That's a ridiculous notion. That is not nor has it ever been the way a quarantine has been defined, rigorously. Quarantines have, in the past, been done as a PRECAUTION. I am going to tell them at the airport to just let my dog into the country because he hasn't tested positive, and quarantines can only be implemented in such cases. I'll give them your number. Dog=\=Human, but the purpose of the quarantine is the same.

littlecoyotecoin
10-31-2014, 02:06 PM
Not about politics for me. Its about science and common sense.

It's clear to me you don't know much about science, and have refused to read what has been spoon-fed to you, and common sense is so vague to often times be misleading. In this case, for example, you get to describe totally misunderstanding as common sense.

Cry Havoc
10-31-2014, 02:08 PM
It's clear to me you don't know much about science, and have refused to read what has been spoon-fed to you, and common sense is so vague to often times be misleading. In this case, for example, you get to describe totally misunderstanding as common sense.

"I'm smarter than scientists who study Ebola."

littlecoyotecoin
10-31-2014, 02:12 PM
You should probably read up on why it spreads so much in Africa.

Hint: they aren't getting it from riding bikes.

Again, someone that displays little other knowledge about it pretending I don't know about the burial ceremonies. I promise you, the 10k per week projection is not coming from infections burial infections. But, wrap yourself in that superficial understanding if it will keep you warm at night.

littlecoyotecoin
10-31-2014, 02:13 PM

That is not what the science tells you, mostly because you don't read any of it, even that which is quoted in this very thread.

Dre_7
10-31-2014, 02:16 PM

So because I don't read all the posts on a message board I know little about science? Actually, I have read A LOT of material on Ebola. I work in the health care industry, at a clinic, and we have been doing a lot of research on this subject ever since the situation arose in Dallas. I trust the opinions of Doctors and Scientists over those of people on a Spurs message board.

Dre_7
10-31-2014, 02:17 PM
That is not what the science tells you, mostly because you don't read any of it, even that which is quoted in this very thread.

Again, I have read A LOT about Ebola. I get up to date information at work. And yes, the science does tell me that you can't get it from somone who isn't contagious.

ChumpDumper
10-31-2014, 02:18 PM
Again, someone that displays little other knowledge about it pretending I don't know about the burial ceremonies. I promise you, the 10k per week projection is not coming from infections burial infections. But, wrap yourself in that superficial understanding if it will keep you warm at night.OK, from where do you promise they are coming?

Be specific. This is your promise.

littlecoyotecoin
10-31-2014, 02:18 PM
lol tl;dr your fear-mongering.

The scientific community is in lockstep with this. She's not a danger. End of story.

The fact that you tl;dr is why you think the scientific community is in lock step when they're not.

littlecoyotecoin
10-31-2014, 02:21 PM
Again, do you know how it spread in Africa more than in the US?

Again, you ignore all mathematics and quotes from virologists and are at the same time begging for a response to really basic stuff they say on the radio and television all the time.

Cry Havoc
10-31-2014, 02:22 PM
The fact that you tl;dr is why you think the scientific community is in lock step when they're not.

Link and source, chief. I couldn't care less about your inane ramblings.

Dre_7
10-31-2014, 02:22 PM
BTW, I just checked out the article you "spoon-fed" me, and no where in it does it say someone who is not symptomatic and has not tested postive for Ebola is contagious.

ChumpDumper
10-31-2014, 02:23 PM
Again, you ignore all mathematics and quotes from virologists and are at the same time begging for a response to really basic stuff they say on the radio and television all the time.You promised you knew how it was being spread and that we are uneducated.

Educate us.

Cry Havoc
10-31-2014, 02:26 PM

BTW, I just checked out the article you "spoon-fed" me, and no where in it does it say someone who is not symptomatic and has not tested postive for Ebola is contagious.

You promised you knew how it was being spread and that we are uneducated.

Educate us.

littlecoyotecoin
10-31-2014, 02:30 PM
That proves my point exactly. So because I didn't read the posts on Spurs Talk my opinion is uneducated? No, my opinions come, not from the posts of scared people, but from the SCIENTIFIC EVIDENCE on Ebola.

No, not just because, but because you don't use any science in you sciency proof posts it indicates that you probably aren't familiar with much of it. Even when confronted with it, you rather dismiss it, supplant it for that which you already know to be true from your sciency arsenal. I have a degree in a pretty sciency subject and work in fields on the periphery. All pretty sciency. I am no virologist, no epidemiologist, but you can't even muster up an undergrad middle school biology rebuttal. So, no, it's not "just because you don't read the posts." It's: in addition, you can't even be bothered to read the science in the posts. What are the odds you read much outside of the posts? Very low.

i could be wrong. Maybe I am talking with an epidemiologist. There are some really smart scientists on this board. I am not convinced you are one of them. Sorry if that hurt your feelings. It is not meant to.

Skull-1
10-31-2014, 02:32 PM
Wow. Ok that tells me all I need to know. Apparently fear, not scientific evidence is the basis of your argument, therefore it is pointless to keep arguing. I'm just glad we don't live in the kind of military state you clearly want to live in. You should move to North Korea, they are making sure to protect their county from the fear of Ebola.

What "scientific evidence" retard? You mean the same "scientists" (political hacks) who made up Global Warming?

LMAO!

Riddle me this, genius, how many cases of Ebola have their been that we know of?

That's right exactly. Enough to know squat.

So little that the "protocols" for treatment change constantly.

GTFO. Public safety trumps Nurse Idiot's bike ride until her incubation period lapses. End of story.

Skull-1
10-31-2014, 02:34 PM
:lol I'm going to leave you alone now. Too easy picking on a scared human being.

^^^ Can't win. No facts. Declares "victory". :lol

ChumpDumper
10-31-2014, 02:34 PM
What "scientific evidence" retard? You mean the same "scientists" (political hacks) who made up Global Warming?Um, those are in no way the same scientists.

Skull-1
10-31-2014, 02:36 PM
And she is not infecting people because the SCIENTIFIC CONJECTURE says she is not contagious.

FIFY

Dre_7
10-31-2014, 02:38 PM
No, not just because, but because you don't use any science in you sciency proof posts it indicates that you probably aren't familiar with much of it. Even when confronted with it, you rather dismiss it, supplant it for that which you already know to be true from your sciency arsenal. I have a degree in a pretty sciency subject and work in fields on the periphery. All pretty sciency. I am no virologist, no epidemiologist, but you can't even muster up an undergrad middle school biology rebuttal. So, no, it's not "just because you don't read the posts." It's: in addition, you can't even be bothered to read the science in the posts. What are the odds you read much outside of the posts? Very low.

i could be wrong. Maybe I am talking with an epidemiologist. There are some really smart scientists on this board. I am not convinced you are one of them. Sorry if that hurt your feelings. It is not meant to.

What proof have you confronted me with? All you posted was an op-ed and a link to subsribe to . I read that article, no where in it does it proove anything. As for my proof, like I said, I work at a clinic and we get up to date info on Ebola. I am basing my opinion on what Doctors, Nurses, and others who have been studying Ebola have said.

DarrinS
10-31-2014, 02:40 PM
What does the CDC recommend for someone in her situation?

http://www.cdc.gov/vhf/ebola/exposure/monitoring-and-movement-of-persons-with-exposure.html#table-monitoring-movement

ChumpDumper
10-31-2014, 02:43 PM

http://www.cdc.gov/vhf/ebola/exposure/monitoring-and-movement-of-persons-with-exposure.html#table-monitoring-movementIf the Maine officials want to incarcerate her, I don't see anything immediately stopping them.

Cry Havoc
10-31-2014, 02:45 PM
I have a degree in a pretty sciency subject and work in fields on the periphery. All pretty sciency.

This has to be one of the funniest most ironic humble-brags I have ever read on these here internets. :lmao

ChumpDumper
10-31-2014, 02:46 PM
It's been over ten minutes. When should we expect to be educated?

littlecoyotecoin
10-31-2014, 02:46 PM
Considering the actions you are demanding to take place and telling posters about infected schoolchildren and sending their own children into a purported hot zone, yes, your posts indicate a definite level of excitement.

You're being a little bit intentionally dense.

I am not demanding anything. I am agreeing with a policy and demands the government has made. I am posing hypotheticals and telling the uninformed what they are doing in environments where the disease is running rampant. When someone runs a simulation, they aren't getting excited. They're just studying. How people behave in west Africa will be no different than they behave here, including Dre. You. Sammy. Cry Havoc, or me. Right now we have different opinions because it is just a mental exercise. But, we all know what we would do if the shit hit the fan, and if it did, very few people will still be up in arms over this grandstanding nurse.

Cry Havoc
10-31-2014, 02:48 PM

http://www.cdc.gov/vhf/ebola/exposure/monitoring-and-movement-of-persons-with-exposure.html#table-monitoring-movement

Asymptomatic (no fever or other symptoms consistent with Ebola):

Direct active monitoring
Public health authority will ensure, through orders as necessary, the following minimum restrictions:
Controlled movement: exclusion from all long-distance and local public conveyances (aircraft, ship, train, bus and subway)
Exclusion from public places (e.g., shopping centers, movie theaters), and congregate gatherings
Exclusion from workplaces for the duration of the public health order, unless approved by the state or local health department (telework is permitted)
Non-congregate public activities while maintaining a 3-foot distance from others may be permitted (e.g., jogging in a park)
Federal public health travel restrictions (Do Not Board) will be implemented to enforce controlled movement
If travel is allowed, individuals are subject to controlled movement
Travel by noncommercial conveyances only
Coordinated with public health authorities at both origin and destination
Uninterrupted direct active monitoring

No mention of mandatory quarantine ANYWHERE.

ChumpDumper
10-31-2014, 02:48 PM

I am not demanding anything. I am agreeing with a policy and demands the government has made. I am posing hypotheticals and telling the uninformed what they are doing in environments where the disease is running rampant. When someone runs a simulation, they aren't getting excited. They're just studying. How people behave in west Africa will be no different than they behave here, including Dre. You. Sammy. Cry Havoc, or me. Right now we have different opinions because it is just a mental exercise. But, we all know what we would do if the shit hit the fan, and if it did, very few people will still be up in arms over this grandstanding nurse.Nah, you're excited.

It's fine.

Now when are you going to educate us?

Cry Havoc
10-31-2014, 02:49 PM

I am not demanding anything. I am agreeing with a policy and demands the government has made. I am posing hypotheticals and telling the uninformed what they are doing in environments where the disease is running rampant. When someone runs a simulation, they aren't getting excited. They're just studying. How people behave in west Africa will be no different than they behave here, including Dre. You. Sammy. Cry Havoc, or me. Right now we have different opinions because it is just a mental exercise. But, we all know what we would do if the shit hit the fan, and if it did, very few people will still be up in arms over this grandstanding nurse.

Follow-up question: Can you backpedal any harder?

Dre_7
10-31-2014, 02:49 PM
No mention of mandatory quarantine ANYWHERE.

No, but there is this: "Non-congregate public activities while maintaining a 3-foot distance from others may be permitted (e.g., jogging in a park)" So her bike ride is okay according to that link.

Cry Havoc
10-31-2014, 02:50 PM

To:

in one page. :lol

Skull-1
10-31-2014, 02:52 PM

Democrats and nazis march(ed) in lockstep, too. Makes them equally wrong for their blindness to their ideology.

Dre_7
10-31-2014, 02:53 PM

IF shit hit the fan. But it DIDN'T!

If she had tested postive for Ebola, or even if she only had symptoms, I would be the first one demanding a quantrine. But she doesnt. Plain and simple.

Skull-1
10-31-2014, 02:53 PM
Um, those are in no way the same scientists.

They work for the same people.

Dre_7
10-31-2014, 02:54 PM
Democrats and nazis march(ed) in lockstep, too. Makes them equally wrong for their blindness to their ideology.

Thought you said it wasn't about politics??

ChumpDumper
10-31-2014, 02:55 PM
They work for the same people.lol of course your credentials are impeccable for this kind of thing.

ChumpDumper
10-31-2014, 02:55 PM
Thought you said it wasn't about politics??Everything is about politics with this dude.

ChumpDumper
10-31-2014, 02:56 PM
Democrats and nazis march(ed) in lockstep, too. Makes them equally wrong for their blindness to their ideology.I was wondering when this thread would be Godwinned.

littlecoyotecoin
10-31-2014, 02:57 PM
"I'm smarter than scientists who study Ebola."

I quoted a scientist who studies Ebola. You indirectly referred to me as an idiot. Someone that was not an idiot might figure out that I am quoting WHO, CDC, independent virologists and Ebola researchers. I am parroting what they are saying, while you are saying they all agree with you?

littlecoyotecoin
10-31-2014, 02:59 PM
Follow-up question: Can you backpedal any harder?

I could. Since that's not backpedalling at all, any backpedalling would be faster than that.

Cry Havoc
10-31-2014, 03:01 PM
I quoted a scientist who studies Ebola. You indirectly referred to me as an idiot. Someone that was not an idiot might figure out that I am quoting WHO, CDC, independent virologists and Ebola researchers. I am parroting what they are saying, while you are saying they all agree with you?

Still waiting for links from you.

Spurminator
10-31-2014, 03:01 PM
The CDC link posted earlier basically renders any further discussion moot. Hickox is classified as "Some Risk / Asymptomatic" and therefore is not subject to mandatory quarantine. If you have an issue with it, take it up with the CDC, or this judge: http://www.cnn.com/2014/10/31/health/us-ebola/index.html

littlecoyotecoin
10-31-2014, 03:02 PM

To:

in one page. :lol

The fact that you see that as any reversal of opinion is a testament to your lack of reading comprehension.

Dre_7

Just out of curiousity, which scienctist did you quote? What was the quote? And can I see the link? Just want to have all the facts.

Dre_7
The CDC link posted earlier basically renders any further discussion moot. Hickox is classified as "Some Risk / Asymptomatic" and therefore is not subject to mandatory quarantine. If you have an issue with it, take it up with the CDC, or this judge: http://www.cnn.com/2014/10/31/health/us-ebola/index.html

Cry Havoc
10-31-2014, 03:03 PM
The fact that you see that as any reversal of opinion is a testament to your lack of reading comprehension.

Educate us.

Cry Havoc
I could. Since that's not backpedalling at all, any backpedalling would be faster than that.

Educate us.

Cry Havoc

Educate us.

littlecoyotecoin
10-31-2014, 03:07 PM

If she had tested postive for Ebola, or even if she only had symptoms, I would be the first one demanding a quantrine. But she doesnt. Plain and simple.

The fan hasn't stopped turning, LMAO. We're still in the first quarter. Infections are still increasing in Africa. As long as they are increasing there, they are more likely to increase here. Your myopia is perfectly exemplified in stating "didn't" in the past tense. It's more than about her, and whether she is symptomatic is irrelevant as mentioned several times already. Restating a moot point doesn't unmoot it.

littlecoyotecoin
10-31-2014, 03:09 PM
Still waiting for links from you.

You can pound sand. I don't have to provide them twice. Start from the beginning.

Dre_7
10-31-2014, 03:11 PM
[QUOTE=littlecoyotecoin;7644713]You will see that courts will hold up the quarantines as legal, so your whining that her rights are being violated will be in error as pointed out by the courts. [QUOTE]

http://www.cnn.com/2014/10/31/health/us-ebola/index.html

Cry Havoc
You can pound sand. I don't have to provide them twice. Start from the beginning.

Educate us.

Dre_7
The fan hasn't stopped turning, LMAO. We're still in the first quarter. Infections are still increasing in Africa. As long as they are increasing there, they are more likely to increase here. Your myopia is perfectly exemplified in stating "didn't" in the past tense. It's more than about her, and whether she is symptomatic is irrelevant as mentioned several times already. Restating a moot point doesn't unmoot it.

ChumpDumper
10-31-2014, 03:12 PM
You can pound sand. I don't have to provide them twice. Start from the beginning.You didn't post any links.

Dre_7
10-31-2014, 03:14 PM
You will see that courts will hold up the quarantines as legal, so your whining that her rights are being violated will be in error as pointed out by the courts.

So I guess "my error" was in fact not an error as the courts you said would uphold the quarantine in fact did not.

DarrinS
10-31-2014, 03:16 PM

Unless quarantine has nothing to do with separating an individual from the public and restricting their movement.

Cry Havoc
10-31-2014, 03:17 PM
Going on 30 minutes with absolutely no effort from coyote to provide scientific evidence for his fear.

I think I'll decline his offer of pounding sand thus far.

Cry Havoc
10-31-2014, 03:18 PM
Unless quarantine has nothing to do with separating an individual from the public and restricting their movement.

... you mean forcing her to remain in her home? The definition of this quarantine is pretty well known. What is your argument here?

ChumpDumper
10-31-2014, 03:18 PM
Unless quarantine has nothing to do with separating an individual from the public and restricting their movement.You might want to read your link again.

littlecoyotecoin
10-31-2014, 03:22 PM

She walks. Federal court in line with feds on not having travel ban from the region, too. Good for her. Bad for us. This is all mental masturbation with 4 cases. State court would have used the "some risk" to enforce probably. There's no getting around politics. I am surprised by that decision, but also not. It is decisions like this that let the genie out of the bottle. We've been lucky, thus far.

We may be lucky in perpetuity. In the meantime I buy VIX under $15.00 and i sell DRI and UAL. Just being prudent. To each their own.

Cry Havoc
10-31-2014, 03:23 PM
She walks. Federal court in line with feds on not having travel ban from the region, too. Good for her. Bad for us. This is all mental masturbation with 4 cases. State court would have used the "some risk" to enforce probably. There's no getting around politics. I am surprised by that decision, but also not. It is decisions like this that let the genie out of the bottle. We've been lucky, thus far.

We may be lucky in perpetuity. In the meantime I buy VIX under $15.00 and i sell DRI and UAL. Just being prudent. To each their own.

Educate us.

ChumpDumper
10-31-2014, 03:24 PM

We may be lucky in perpetuity. In the meantime I buy VIX under $15.00 and i sell DRI and UAL. Just being prudent. To each their own.You certainly won't post any links.

To each his own.

Cry Havoc
10-31-2014, 03:25 PM
This is all mental masturbation with 4 cases.

You're accusing people of mental masturbation while going into full-blown fear panic and death mode when there is absolutely ZERO evidence to support your position. Very hypocritical of you.

DarrinS
10-31-2014, 03:26 PM
... you mean forcing her to remain in her home? The definition of this quarantine is pretty well known. What is your argument here?

"On Thursday, after Hickox refused to stay home and abide by what Maine called a voluntary quarantine, the state went to court to try to impose restrictions on her until the 21-day incubation period for Ebola ends on Nov. 10. State health officials were willing to let her go out on a jog or a bike ride, but wanted to bar her from crowded public places and require her to stay at least 3 feet from others."

They wanted her to stay 3-feet from others and to avoid crowded places, just like the CDC recommends.

ChumpDumper
10-31-2014, 03:27 PM
"On Thursday, after Hickox refused to stay home and abide by what Maine called a voluntary quarantine, the state went to court to try to impose restrictions on her until the 21-day incubation period for Ebola ends on Nov. 10. State health officials were willing to let her go out on a jog or a bike ride, but wanted to bar her from crowded public places and require her to stay at least 3 feet from others."

They wanted her to stay 3-feet from others and to avoid crowded places, just like the CDC recommends.Which is what the court just ordered.

What are you arguing here?

Use your words, Darrin.

Cry Havoc
10-31-2014, 03:29 PM

They wanted her to stay 3-feet from others and to avoid crowded places, just like the CDC recommends.

You missed this part, chief: "after Hickox refused to stay home and abide by what Maine called a voluntary quarantine"

I.e., she wouldn't comply with their request to stay in her home, so they're giving her a tether as long as she's not going to go engage in Halloween shenanigans.

Cry Havoc
10-31-2014, 03:30 PM

https://news.yahoo.com/showdown-imminent-over-nurses-quarantine-maine-060038440.html

Very first sentence:

Insisting she is perfectly healthy, nurse Kaci Hickox again defied the state's Ebola quarantine Thursday by taking a bike ride with her boyfriend, and Maine health authorities struggled to reach a compromise that would limit her contact with others.

boutons_deux
10-31-2014, 03:32 PM
judge knocked down the lockdown, she's free, just has to self-monitor and check in every day until 21st day.

Dre_7
10-31-2014, 03:33 PM
https://news.yahoo.com/showdown-imminent-over-nurses-quarantine-maine-060038440.html

Very first sentence:

Insisting she is perfectly healthy, nurse Kaci Hickox again defied the state's Ebola quarantine Thursday by taking a bike ride with her boyfriend, and Maine health authorities struggled to reach a compromise that would limit her contact with others.

Judge struck down the quarntine.

Spurminator
10-31-2014, 03:33 PM

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2014/10/29/maine-officials-threaten-to-order-returning-ebola-nurse-to-follow-quarantine/
Maine health officials said Tuesday that they are prepared to go to court to force nurse Kaci Hickox to comply with the state's "voluntary" 21-day quarantine period for health care workers who have treated Ebola patients, as the nurse vows to defy the state.

But Mayhew said her department and the attorney general's office were prepared to take legal steps to enforce a quarantine if someone declines to cooperate.

"We do not want to have to legally enforce in-home quarantine," she said. "We're confident that selfless health workers who were brave enough to care for Ebola patients in a foreign country will be willing to take reasonable steps to protect residents of their own country. However we are willing to pursue legal authority if necessary to ensure risk is minimized for Mainers."

Spurminator
10-31-2014, 03:35 PM
Typical, most of the people on the state's side of the argument don't even know what their argument is.

Dre_7
10-31-2014, 03:35 PM
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2014/10/29/maine-officials-threaten-to-order-returning-ebola-nurse-to-follow-quarantine/
Maine health officials said Tuesday that they are prepared to go to court to force nurse Kaci Hickox to comply with the state's "voluntary" 21-day quarantine period for health care workers who have treated Ebola patients, as the nurse vows to defy the state.

But Mayhew said her department and the attorney general's office were prepared to take legal steps to enforce a quarantine if someone declines to cooperate.

"We do not want to have to legally enforce in-home quarantine," she said. "We're confident that selfless health workers who were brave enough to care for Ebola patients in a foreign country will be willing to take reasonable steps to protect residents of their own country. However we are willing to pursue legal authority if necessary to ensure risk is minimized for Mainers."

DarrinS
10-31-2014, 03:36 PM
You missed this part, chief: "after Hickox refused to stay home and abide by what Maine called a voluntary quarantine"

I.e., she wouldn't comply with their request to stay in her home, so they're giving her a tether as long as she's not going to go engage in Halloween shenanigans.

Gov. Paul LePage said state attorneys and Hickox's lawyers had discussed a scaled-down quarantine that would have allowed her to go for walks, runs and bicycle rides while preventing her from venturing into populated public places or coming within 3 feet of others.

But that wasn't good enough for this attention whore.

DarrinS
10-31-2014, 03:37 PM
When all else fails, increase font size. :lmao

Spurminator
10-31-2014, 03:38 PM
But that wasn't good enough for this attention whore.

:lmao

I love how you assholes expect people who are treated unjustly just to shut their mouths and take it.

Conservatives love black people, women and gays unless they're talking.

Go fuck yourself, Darrin, and same to everyone else like you.

DarrinS
10-31-2014, 03:39 PM

Judge struck down the quarntine.

He struck down any restriction. She can go wherever she wants. IMNO, the recommendations of CDC weren't unreasonable.

ChumpDumper
10-31-2014, 03:40 PM
So after allowing her to go on a bike ride the state freaked out when she went on a bike ride?

Seriously Darrin, what the hell are you trying to say?

Spurminator
10-31-2014, 03:40 PM
When all else fails, increase font size. :lmao

:lmao What failed? Explain to us how you didn't contradict yourself with your own links.

littlecoyotecoin
10-31-2014, 03:41 PM
Going on 30 minutes with absolutely no effort from coyote to provide scientific evidence for his fear.

I think I'll decline his offer of pounding sand thus far.

LMAO. Again, I have provided it, I am not saying you are, but if you are too lazy or stupid to go back and find it, that's on you. It was a NY Times article. But, I only included a little bit because if I would have included a lot I would have just gotten complaints that it was too much to read. But, even the little I did include, you didn't read, and still complained, and now you're whining that I didn't reproduce it. The hilarity. Regarding "30 minutes" going by...I know in your world this place has linear time where no one is doing anything else tangent to posting here, and I am your personal errand boy that has nothing else to do but fetch you articles I've already fetched, but that's not reality, you know. Suffice it to say it took me less than 30 seconds to find a brand new article on the topic of asymptomatic people possibly being capable of transmitting the disease. You haven't been able to find one in 30 minutes, even though one was posted in this thread, and I'm supposed to feel bad about that.

I could post link after link from scientists. What good would it do.

Will not post more until you acknowledge the first. I will not throw good labor after bad.

If my punishment is your ignorance, then I will just have to suffer that.

ChumpDumper
10-31-2014, 03:43 PM
LMAO. Again, I have provided it, I am not saying you are, but if you are too lazy or stupid to go back and find it, that's on you. It was a NY Times article. But, I only included a little bit because if I would have included a lot I would have just gotten complaints that it was too much to read. But, even the little I did include, you didn't read, and still complained, and now you're whining that I didn't reproduce it. The hilarity. Regarding "30 minutes" going by...I know in your world this place has linear time where no one is doing anything else tangent to posting here, and I am your personal errand boy that has nothing else to do but fetch you articles I've already fetched, but that's not reality, you know. Suffice it to say it took me less than 30 seconds to find a brand new article on the topic of asymptomatic people possibly being capable of transmitting the disease. You haven't been able to find one in 30 minutes, even though one was posted in this thread, and I'm supposed to feel bad about that.

Will not post more until you acknowledge the first. I will not throw good labor after bad.

If my punishment is your ignorance, then I will just have to suffer that.I acknowledge you haven't posted any links at all.

Once you post the links, I will acknowledge your posting the links.

littlecoyotecoin
10-31-2014, 03:44 PM

That court order has nothing to do with a pandemic. The pandemic is the spinning fan. If anything, the court order is a payment to the electric company to make sure the juice isn't cut off.

littlecoyotecoin
10-31-2014, 03:53 PM
Typical, most of the people on the state's side of the argument don't even know what their argument is.

I don't have to know what their reason is to agree it is the right thing to do from an epidemiological point of view. I am sure if you get 100 epidemiologists in a room, you would not have 100 percent agree she should be allowed to work at a salad bar. This puts no restrictions on healthcare workers coming from Ebola treatment centers in west Africa. That's a bad precedent, and only found tolerable because we are still so isolated from the events in Africa. If things change, the "some risk" terminology could easily be interpreted differently by the court, depending upon political winds or their own conscience.

Dre_7
10-31-2014, 03:54 PM

If my punishment is your ignorance, then I will just have to suffer that.

The New York times link just sent me to a page to subscribe. Is there a way to repost that article or do we have to subscribe to read it? Was it an actual article, or just an op-ed like you posted before?

littlecoyotecoin
10-31-2014, 03:54 PM
So I guess "my error" was in fact not an error as the courts you said would uphold the quarantine in fact did not.

I can concede a point. On her court victory, I was wrong. But, in retrospect, not that surprised.

littlecoyotecoin
10-31-2014, 04:00 PM
This has to be one of the funniest most ironic humble-brags I have ever read on these here internets. :lmao

I said that tongue-in-cheek as to not imply I am an expert in this field. I am not. But, it is probably true that I know a lot more about it than Dre. But, I could be wrong. I am trying to be humble, and I am not all-knowing, that is why it is so funny to hear from several individuals that don't appear to have very heavy science backgrounds tell WHO, The CDC, virologists, and epidemiologists that they are wrong.

DarrinS
10-31-2014, 04:00 PM
So after allowing her to go on a bike ride the state freaked out when she went on a bike ride?

Seriously Darrin, what the hell are you trying to say?

I can understand the precaution -- that's all.

Cry Havoc
10-31-2014, 04:02 PM
I can concede a point. On her court victory, I was wrong. But, in retrospect, not that surprised.

She won BECAUSE you're wrong, not in spite of it. She is arguing from a position of science. Not fear. Not irrational statements about pandemics and the world as we know it ending.

Science. Period. You've done nothing to show that you're coming from an equal positioning of science.

Your "NY Times" article is behind a paywall and will thus remain unread. I'm sure it's an opinion piece based on a "what-if" game rather than actual evidence.

Though I find it interesting that you call me lazy when you could have simply pasted the pertinent point of your article, but would rather obfuscate and entertain some silly notion of insulting me. It's cute.

Science. Or GTFO.

ChumpDumper
10-31-2014, 04:02 PM
I can understand the precaution -- that's all.You mean allowing the bike ride or forbidding the allowed bike ride?

Cry Havoc
10-31-2014, 04:04 PM
I can understand the precaution -- that's all.

You can understand a precaution that has no basis in science? I'm not surprised.

She went for a bike ride against state request. They tried to have her quarantined. They failed.

This is not a complicated story. Yet you still manage to bungle it.

RD2191
10-31-2014, 04:05 PM
Lol science. We came from fish. :lol

Dre_7
10-31-2014, 04:06 PM
I said that tongue-in-cheek as to not imply I am an expert in this field. I am not. But, it is probably true that I know a lot more about it than Dre. But, I could be wrong. I am trying to be humble, and I am not all-knowing, that is why it is so funny to hear from several individuals that don't appear to have very heavy science backgrounds tell WHO, The CDC, virologists, and epidemiologists that they are wrong.

The WHO, CDC, and virologists all say she is contagious? I missed that.

I never claimed to be an expert. I do, however work with Doctors and other people who are paid to know a whole lot about Ebola, and many many other infectious dieaseses. If the info I get from them says she is safe to be around, and the CDC says she isn't contagious, and the court says she doesn't need to be quarantined, than I am going to listen to them a lot more than I am going to listen to people on a message board. That is all.

Cry Havoc
10-31-2014, 04:06 PM

I'm from a "sciency" background. Whatever that means. My degree is in science, and I spend a lot of time with my work in hospitals. But I admittedly have a limited knowledge of medicine, and honestly, even most medical doctors have a fairly limited knowledge of the intimate details of a Biohazard Level 4 contagion. That's why I pay attention and read what the experts think, virologists who study it for their careers as opposed to taking it in bio class. And they say there's no basis for quarantine for someone who's asymptomatic.

Chump, myself, and others have asked you for ANY scientific data you have to counter that, and you have provided none.

littlecoyotecoin
10-31-2014, 04:09 PM

She won BECAUSE you're wrong, not in spite of it. She is arguing from a position of science. Not fear. Not irrational statements about pandemics and the world as we know it ending.

Science. Period. You've done nothing to show that you're coming from an equal positioning of science.

Your "NY Times" article is behind a paywall and will thus remain unread. I'm sure it's an opinion piece based on a "what-if" game rather than actual evidence.

Though I find it interesting that you call me lazy when you could have simply pasted the pertinent point of your article, but would rather obfuscate and entertain some silly notion of insulting me. It's cute.

Science. Or GTFO.

No, she didn't win because I'm wrong, silly. They even quoted that she was "some risk". A judge is not a scientist, in general. He can interpret risk how he wishes. He ruled in her favor. That really has nothing to do with the science. Since you are at least trying, here is another link:

http://mobile.wnd.com/2014/10/ebola-victims-without-symptoms-could-still-be-contagious/

Don't shoot the messenger because it's a conservative website. It was just the first one that popped up on my phone.

I will provide you with more, but I don't have a NYT subscription so I don't know why you couldn't see it, but I believe you.

DarrinS
10-31-2014, 04:11 PM
You mean allowing the bike ride or forbidding the allowed bike ride?

Making her stay in her house was overkill, but it doesn't seem unreasonable to stay away from public places until the end of the incubation period.

ChumpDumper
10-31-2014, 04:12 PM
lol Crosi?

That's the link you want to share?

Holy shit.

ChumpDumper
10-31-2014, 04:14 PM
Making her stay in her house was overkill, but it doesn't seem unreasonable to stay away from public places until the end of the incubation period.That wasn't in the CDC link you posted.

It's really difficult figuring out what your argument is when you keep changing it.

Skull-1
10-31-2014, 04:15 PM
lol of course your credentials are impeccable for this kind of thing.

All it takes is common sense and reading comprehension....two things you lack.

Skull-1
10-31-2014, 04:16 PM
I was wondering when this thread would be Godwinned.

Godwin's Law doesn't apply here--I won this argument pages ago.

Skull-1
10-31-2014, 04:17 PM

The same CDC that issued a sneeze warning, then retracted it. The WHO still warns about it. Lmao at the "scientists". Idiots.

boutons_deux
judge killed the quarantine, agreeing with evidence and science, not fatasshole LePage. Kaci agrees, reasonably, to daily monitoring, checkins.

ChumpDumper
Godwin's Law doesn't apply here--I won this argument pages ago.lol you don't even know what Godwin's Law is!

Skull-1
10-31-2014, 04:18 PM

You can be asymptomatic for up to 45 days according to some "scientists".

Dre_7
10-31-2014, 04:19 PM
No, she didn't win because I'm wrong, silly. They even quoted that she was "some risk". A judge is not a scientist, in general. He can interpret risk how he wishes. He ruled in her favor. That really has nothing to do with the science. Since you are at least trying, here is another link:

http://mobile.wnd.com/2014/10/ebola-victims-without-symptoms-could-still-be-contagious/

Don't shoot the messenger because it's a conservative website. It was just the first one that popped up on my phone.

According to the article there there is ONE study that implies if one is Ebola POSITIVE it is POSSIBLE that they COULD spread it in a sneeze.

"wet and bigger droplets from a heavily infected individual, who has respiratory symptoms caused by other conditions or who vomits violently could transmit the Ebola virus over a short distance to another nearby person.”

Last I read, she did NOT test positive for Ebola. She does not have respiratory symptoms caused by other conditions and is not vomiting. Therefore, she should not be quarantined. Which the court aggred with.

ChumpDumper
You can be asymptomatic for up to 45 days according to some "scientists".Which ones?

Are you demanding the soldiers coming back from west Africa be quarantined an additional 24 days?

Skull-1
lol you don't even know what Godwin's Law is!

Yeah, I do. Since I quoted it before.

It it is identical to Smitty's Law which states: The first person to bring up Fox News or Rush Limbaugh in a political argument loses.

Skull-1
10-31-2014, 04:20 PM
Which ones?

Are you demanding the soldiers coming back from west Africa be quarantined an additional 24 days?

I demand they not be sent there in the first place.

ChumpDumper
10-31-2014, 04:20 PM
Yeah, I do. Since I quoted it before.

It it is identical to Smitty's Law which states: The first person to bring up Fox News or Rush Limbaugh in a political argument loses.And how do you think you won the argument?

Skull-1
10-31-2014, 04:22 PM
And how do you think you won the argument?

By simple logic. But then the dipstick I debated and trounced so resoundingly he ran away made sure to lose any way going on about "Faux News" and Rush. Learn to read or get out of the thread, LegHumper.

Cry Havoc
10-31-2014, 04:23 PM

I will provide you with more, but I don't have a NYT subscription so I don't know why you couldn't see it, but I believe you.

Soooooooooooo, I just have to point out something. I'm not a physician, but I do spend enough time in hospitals that when I read:

“There’s a good potential that on any given day a person you may shake hands with will have Strep Group A Streptococcus that causes sore throats,” he pointed out. “Shaking hands you take the risk you are going to get the Streptococcus virus, even if the person you shook hands with looked perfectly well.”

Read more at http://mobile.wnd.com/2014/10/ebola-victims-without-symptoms-could-still-be-contagious/#Y0UFdsvu8vprd6D6.99

I had to laugh and politely close the window. Strep is a bacteria. Anyone who says that strep is a virus should not ever ever ever be dispensing medical advice.

ChumpDumper
By simple logic. But then the dipstick I debated And trounced so resoundingly he ran away made sure to lose any way going on about "Faux News" and Rush. Learn to read or get out of the thread, LegHumper.I read it. I saw no victory.

But I guess it's important for you to declare it.

DarrinS
That wasn't in the CDC link you posted.

It's really difficult figuring out what your argument is when you keep changing it.

She's classified as "some risk" asymptomatic. Go read again.

Cry Havoc
10-31-2014, 04:24 PM
I demand they not be sent there in the first place.

Wow. The complete lack of any awareness with the ignorance you spew is pretty telling. I hope for you're sake that you're trolling and not actually that ignorant.

Skull-1
10-31-2014, 04:25 PM
She's classified as "some risk" asymptomatic. Go read again.

Man oh man, what if this is true....

http://pjmedia.com/tatler/2014/10/31/maine-says-nurse-hickoxs-roommate-had-ebola/

LOL

I would enjoy watching the libtards eat crow on this one.

ChumpDumper
10-31-2014, 04:25 PM
OMG

Corsi's quoted expect is an Osteopath!

lol

Cry Havoc
10-31-2014, 04:26 PM

http://pjmedia.com/tatler/2014/10/31/maine-says-nurse-hickoxs-roommate-had-ebola/

"What did arrogant nurse Kaci Hickox know about her roommate’s Ebola, and when did she know it?"

Clearly an objectively written article. :lmao

ChumpDumper
10-31-2014, 04:30 PM

LOL

I would enjoy watching the libtards eat crow on this one.You actively want her to have Ebola.

Listen to yourself, man.

Besides, what does this change?

Cry Havoc
10-31-2014, 04:31 PM
You actively want her to have Ebola.

Listen to yourself, man.

Besides, what does this change?

Wow, he even edited that in. Holy shit. He would want her to have a high risk of death just to be right about an internet argument.

Spurminator
10-31-2014, 04:31 PM
Guy who owns a business complains to a Presidential candidate about income tax and then goes on a national news tour = Conservative hero

Grieving mother protests outside of President's home after her son is killed at war = Attention whore

Man illegally lets livestock graze on public land for 20 years, engages in an armed standoff with the US BLM, goes on national news tour giving interviews and commenting on everything from slavery to gun rights = Conservative hero

Grieving black mother gives statements to the press after her son is killed in an altercation with a police officer = Attention whore

Billionaire TV star gets temporarily suspended for his views on homosexuals and blacks, goes on national news tour to speak out about his victimhood and the growing belligerence towards Christian beliefs = Conservative hero

Any time a kid goes to the local news media to complain about his school sending him home for wearing a Christian T-shirt = Conservative hero

Woman objects to being held in a tent for hours after arriving in the states and rejects demands from authorities to remain quarantined for 21 days = Attention whore

ChumpDumper
10-31-2014, 04:33 PM
She's classified as "some risk" asymptomatic. Go read again.I did.

ChumpDumper
I demand they not be sent there in the first place.Too late.

Dre_7

LOL

I would enjoy watching the libtards eat crow on this one.

I went to Maine's CDC site and did not see any mention of Maine's CDC director Sheila Pinette saying that (which is what your link implied). Here is what I did see on Sheila Pinette's CDC website:

Ebola Virus Disease is caused by infection with one of the Ebola virus strains. Symptoms may include fever, headache, joint and muscle aches, weakness, diarrhea, vomiting, stomach pain, lack of appetite. In some patients, the symptoms may include: a rash, red eyes, hiccups, cough, sore throat, chest pain, difficulty breathing, difficulty swallowing, and bleeding inside and outside of the body.

Transmission is usually through direct contact with the blood, sweat, emesis, feces and other body secretions of an infected person, contact with an infected animal in the affected countries, or exposure to objects (such as needles) that have been contaminated with infected secretions. Patients with Ebola Virus Disease who are not showing symptoms are not infectious.

BTW, the bolded section was not added by me. Here is the link: http://www.maine.gov/dhhs/mecdc/infectious-disease/epi/zoonotic/ebola/

littlecoyotecoin
10-31-2014, 04:35 PM
http://www.nytimes.com/2000/06/27/world/people-carrying-ebola-in-some-cases-may-be-free-of-symptoms.html

this one says "low" not zero

http://m.jid.oxfordjournals.org/content/196/Supplement_2/S142.full

A related, and interesting article about asymptomatic infections:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/to-your-health/wp/2014/10/16/ebola-infections-with-no-symptoms-are-possible-and-they-could-help-end-the-west-africa-epidemic/

http://weaselzippers.us/204124-nobel-prize-winning-doctor-need-quarantines-because-can-catch-ebola-from-person-who-is-asymptomatic/

ChumpDumper
10-31-2014, 04:35 PM
I'm going to call an osteopath for advice on how to protect myself from the deadly streptococcus virus.

Spurminator
10-31-2014, 04:36 PM
Sorry but anyone who posts links from World Net Daily and PJ's Media in the same thread is either trolling or unsalvageably stupid.

Aztecfan03
10-31-2014, 04:40 PM
http://www.naturalnews.com/047455_Ebola_transmission_asymptomatic_carriers_no _symptoms.html#

I don't agree with some of the ways people have been quarantined, but it just seems best (and not in any way unreasonable) for people to quarantine themselves for a few weeks maybe with some government assistancee to compensate for not being able to work.

Skull-1
10-31-2014, 04:40 PM
Too late.

Not a bad idea. It isn't like they're not on base any way.

Skull-1
10-31-2014, 04:41 PM
Sorry but anyone who posts links from World Net Daily and PJ's Media in the same thread is either trolling or unsalvageably stupid.

I simply used it to make a point.

Aztecfan03
10-31-2014, 04:42 PM

I went to Maine's CDC site and did not see any mention of Maine's CDC director Sheila Pinette saying that (which is what your link implied). Here is what I did see on Sheila Pinette's CDC website:

Ebola Virus Disease is caused by infection with one of the Ebola virus strains. Symptoms may include fever, headache, joint and muscle aches, weakness, diarrhea, vomiting, stomach pain, lack of appetite. In some patients, the symptoms may include: a rash, red eyes, hiccups, cough, sore throat, chest pain, difficulty breathing, difficulty swallowing, and bleeding inside and outside of the body.

Transmission is usually through direct contact with the blood, sweat, emesis, feces and other body secretions of an infected person, contact with an infected animal in the affected countries, or exposure to objects (such as needles) that have been contaminated with infected secretions. Patients with Ebola Virus Disease who are not showing symptoms are not infectious.

BTW, the bolded section was not added by me. Here is the link: http://www.maine.gov/dhhs/mecdc/infectious-disease/epi/zoonotic/ebola/

Well they have deleted some stuff from their site already.

Skull-1
10-31-2014, 04:43 PM

I never said it was true. I simply laughed at the thought and what it would mean if it were.

In regard to your ignorance posted in bold above...

The same CDC idiots who let a nurse on a plane because 99 degree temperature didn't fit their flow chart as a symptom. :lol

You are a true believer. Pathetic!

ChumpDumper
http://www.nytimes.com/2000/06/27/world/people-carrying-ebola-in-some-cases-may-be-free-of-symptoms.html2000? Had to go back a bit for that one, eh?

http://m.jid.oxfordjournals.org/content/196/Supplement_2/S142.fullNo call for any change in procedure.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/to-your-health/wp/2014/10/16/ebola-infections-with-no-symptoms-are-possible-and-they-could-help-end-the-west-africa-epidemic/Well those wouldn't infect anyone else, so......

http://weaselzippers.us/204124-nobel-prize-winning-doctor-need-quarantines-because-can-catch-ebola-from-person-who-is-asymptomatic/Probable cases? Why were they not sure?

DarrinS
I did.

Do you agree that the recommendation is to stay away from public places?

littlecoyotecoin
Now, this is of course in conjunction with what we already know about well-studied viral diseases like herpes. Asymptomatic individuals can still slough off the virus. The quantity of virus being lower while being asymptomatic lowers the probability of it being transmitted, it doesn't lower than probability to zero.

In addition to that, you all totally ignored the fact that when someone is infected and has a temperAture of 98.61, no one takes notice. She would be symptomatic. But, it would be ignored, while she goes about her business making the salads. Then her next reading is 98.68 someone might pay attention, someone might keep making salads. Interestingly enough, the only person that seems to understand this gray area, although he didn't look hard enough, he still deserves some props:

http://www.dorfonlaw.org/2014/10/is-there-any-risk-of-ebola-transmission.html?m=1

Dre_7
10-31-2014, 04:44 PM
http://www.nytimes.com/2000/06/27/world/people-carrying-ebola-in-some-cases-may-be-free-of-symptoms.html

http://m.jid.oxfordjournals.org/content/196/Supplement_2/S142.full

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/to-your-health/wp/2014/10/16/ebola-infections-with-no-symptoms-are-possible-and-they-could-help-end-the-west-africa-epidemic/

http://weaselzippers.us/204124-nobel-prize-winning-doctor-need-quarantines-because-can-catch-ebola-from-person-who-is-asymptomatic/

The ones that weren't blocked by the software at my work are interesting, but still, there are a lot of "possibles," "coulds," and "maybes" thrown around in those articles.

ChumpDumper
10-31-2014, 04:45 PM
Guys, rule one on the internets.

Don't post anything from conspiracy sites and expect to be taken seriously.

Skull-1
Do you agree that the recommendation is to stay away from public places?

That would make too much sense, so no, he won't agree.

"I'd be willing to keep her (Nurse C--nthox) in my basement for at least the rest of the quarantine period...but I don't have a vacant cage right now."

DarrinS
http://www.naturalnews.com/047455_Ebola_transmission_asymptomatic_carriers_no _symptoms.html#

I don't agree with some of the ways people have been quarantined, but it just seems best (and not in any way unreasonable) for people to quarantine themselves for a few weeks maybe with some government assistancee to compensate for not being able to work.

I agree

Skull-1

Rule #1 on the Internet: Read posts for comprehension. Moron.

ChumpDumper
10-31-2014, 04:46 PM
Do you agree that the recommendation is to stay away from public places?No, I do not.

Non-congregate public activities while maintaining a 3-foot distance from others may be permitted (e.g., jogging in a park)

A park is a public place.

ChumpDumper
10-31-2014, 04:47 PM
Rule #1 on the Internet: Read posts for comprehension. Moron.I did.

You hope that nurse has Ebola to suit your politics.

littlecoyotecoin
10-31-2014, 04:47 PM
2000? Had to go back a bit for that one, eh?

No call for any change in procedure.

Well those wouldn't infect anyone else, so......

Probable cases? Why were they not sure?

The Earth was discovered to be round a long time ago. That makes it no less true.

The statement was that asymptomatic cases can't transmit the disease. After looking fir five minutes on my phone, not my PC, I have found several references. One, from the CDC itself, I couldn't find the quote due to length, that said "usually can't". I may try to revisit that at a later date.

Dre_7
10-31-2014, 04:48 PM
I never said it was true. I simply laughed at the thought and what it would mean if it were.

In regard to your ignorance posted in bold above...

The same CDC idiots who let a nurse on a plane because 99 degree temperature didn't fit their flow chart as a symptom. :lol

You are a true believer. Pathetic!

Like I said, I didn't bold it. It was bolded on Maine's CDC site. The same Maine CDC that the PJ site tried to use to say she should be quarantined. I was just using the info because it was mentioned in that link that YOU originally posted.

ChumpDumper
10-31-2014, 04:50 PM
The Earth was discovered to be round a long time ago. That makes it no less true.Yours could be a declaration of a flat earth before the discovery of a spherical earth.

The statement was that asymptomatic cases can't transmit the disease. After looking fir five minutes on my phone, not my PC, I have found several references. One, from the CDC itself, I couldn't find the quote due to length, that said "usually can't". I may try to revisit that at a later date.Well I'm sure they have documented all the ones that weren't because that's extraordinary.

DarrinS
10-31-2014, 04:51 PM
No, I do not.

A park is a public place.

My bad. I meant crowded public places.

Exclusion from public places (e.g., shopping centers, movie theaters), and congregate gatherings

ChumpDumper
10-31-2014, 04:56 PM
My bad. I meant crowded public places.So when did she do that?

Dre_7
10-31-2014, 04:58 PM
Well, now that I am done with work and this thread has run its course and it is just arguing, I am out. Gonna go enjoy my evening and watch Kawhi crap all over the Suns later. Deuces.

littlecoyotecoin
10-31-2014, 05:01 PM
http://thefederalist.com/2014/10/31/medical-science-doesnt-support-official-rhetoric-on-ebola/

Gotta go.

ChumpDumper
10-31-2014, 05:06 PM
http://thefederalist.com/2014/10/31/medical-science-doesnt-support-official-rhetoric-on-ebola/

Gotta go.Hey, more fear mongering.

At least he isn't an osteopath, I guess.

littlecoyotecoin
10-31-2014, 05:13 PM

I just post the links. Multiple. You like to find something wrong with all of them? Fine. Find one link with a quote from a doctor, virologist, or epidemiologist of some kind that claims that it is impossible to get it from someone who is symptomatic: Caveat, can't be from a recent government source trying to quell fear.

I'll wait all weekend and if you can find one, we'll laugh at your source, while over the next week I will find many many more sources that will not dismiss the possibility of indirect contact transmission, fomites, and asymptomatic individuals. I, like Dre, though, am headed out the door.

And, flat vs. round, just a joke, but no real rebuttal to the fact that the age of that article is irrelevant.

dabom
10-31-2014, 05:18 PM
Skull is seriously trolling everyone on here. I don't know how a human being can be that idiotic. :lol

ChumpDumper
10-31-2014, 05:22 PM
I just post the links. Multiple. You like to find something wrong with all of them? Fine. Find one link with a quote from a doctor, virologist, or epidemiologist of some kind that claims that it is impossible to get it from someone who is symptomatic: Caveat, can't be from a recent government source trying to quell fear.But you are allowed to post fear mongering conspiracy articles.

Nice.

I'll wait all weekend and if you can find one, we'll laugh at your source, while over the next week I will find many many more sources that will not dismiss the possibility of indirect contact transmission, fomites, and asymptomatic individuals. I, like Dre, though, am headed out the door.

And, flat vs. round, just a joke, but no real rebuttal to the fact that the age of that article is irrelevant.I'm not going to go through every article about Ebola from the past 14 years.

You had to go back that far. That's fine if that's all you can find.

SnakeBoy
10-31-2014, 05:52 PM
So when did she do that?

She didn't but the NY doctor did. The battle over qt'ing Hickox is pretty stupid considering she lives in rural Maine but it all stems from what happened with the NY doctor.

ChumpDumper
10-31-2014, 05:57 PM
Well if he shit blood into anyone's mouth while bowling, we're all going to die.

Skull-1
10-31-2014, 06:02 PM
I did.

You hope that nurse has Ebola to suit your politics.

Ehhhhhh. Sorry Hans, wrong guess.

Skull-1
10-31-2014, 06:03 PM
Like I said, I didn't bold it. It was bolded on Maine's CDC site. The same Maine CDC that the PJ site tried to use to say she should be quarantined. I was just using the info because it was mentioned in that link that YOU originally posted.

I never said that, doofus. I said it would be funny IF IF IF IF IF it were true so I could watch you stammer and stutter trying to bs your way out of the folly of your position.

Skull-1
10-31-2014, 06:05 PM
Skull is seriously trolling everyone on here. I don't know how a human being can be that idiotic. :lol

Those (you) with the problem (stupidity) are the last to know.

I so dig the irony. Those who claimed the government lied about WMDs (it didn't) to invade Iraq refuse to admit is is lying now about Ebola (which it is). :lol

Dre_7
10-31-2014, 07:45 PM
I never said that, doofus. I said it would be funny IF IF IF IF IF it were true so I could watch you stammer and stutter trying to bs your way out of the folly of your position.

So why even post a BS article anyways :lol

You can't prove the “folly of my position" so you gotta resort to posting those kind of links and saying it would be funny if it were true.

Skull-1
10-31-2014, 09:18 PM
So why even post a BS article anyways :lol

You can't prove the “folly of my position" so you gotta resort to posting those kind of links and saying it would be funny if it were true.

Uhhhhhh....okay. :rolleyes

Meanwhile, in the real world.

http://www.ctvnews.ca/health/canada-won-t-issue-visas-to-residents-of-countries-with-widespread-ebola-1.2081402#ixzz3Hkpl2wub

:tu :tu

Dre_7
10-31-2014, 11:47 PM
Uhhhhhh....okay. :rolleyes

Meanwhile, in the real world.

http://www.ctvnews.ca/health/canada-won-t-issue-visas-to-residents-of-countries-with-widespread-ebola-1.2081402#ixzz3Hkpl2wub

:tu :tu

Sad.

"In a move that puts Canada at odds with the World Health Organization, the federal government said Friday it is suspending the issuance of visas for residents and nationals of countries with "widespread and persistent-intense transmission" of Ebola virus disease. As well, work on permanent residence applications for people from the affected countries is also being suspended...

An international law expert denounced the move, saying it was a violation of the International Health Regulations, which Canada helped to draft in the aftermath of the 2003 SARS outbreak. And David Fidler, of Indiana University, said the decisions of Canada and Australia to close their doors to the citizens of the affected countries threatens to further undermine the IHR, as the treaty is called."

Read more: http://www.ctvnews.ca/health/canada-won-t-issue-visas-to-residents-of-countries-with-widespread-ebola-1.2081402#ixzz3Hmyzda1X

Giving into the fear.

SnakeBoy
11-01-2014, 12:31 AM
Well if he shit blood into anyone's mouth while bowling, we're all going to die.

Implying all those infected Africans are shit eaters is pretty fucking racist.