PDA

View Full Version : Lakers: Lol. The Media has completely turned on Kobe Bryant.

midnightpulp
10-31-2014, 06:20 PM
Damn, ever since Abbott's article hit the cloud, other pundits are now following his example and finally speaking the truth (of course Spurstalk has media beat by about 6 years, but it's nice to see them finally catching up).

Everyone from the Starters on NBATV to even Adande are taking their shots. And now I see Haberstroh has an article out that is titled, "Sit Kobe!" :lol

That said, the status quo hasn't been totally dispatched. I'm sure Wilbon and various "NBA people" will start semen shielding for Kobe soon, scapegoating his supporting cast, Byron Scott, etc, etc, but I think old media's days are numbered.

And when old media is finally rotting in the grave, we can point to Abbott's article as the watershed moment and the catalyst. It was indeed a revolutionary piece of sports journalism.

(To add insult to injury, I just love how new media practically worships the Spurs organization).

Koolaid_Man
10-31-2014, 06:21 PM
-10/10 / fail

Malik Hairston
10-31-2014, 06:21 PM
Meh, I called this years ago, tbh, it was predictable..

Progression and advancements in media/technology is beautiful..

Koolaid_Man
10-31-2014, 06:22 PM
- 20/10 / double fail

Silver&Black
10-31-2014, 06:25 PM
-10/10 / fail

No...the -10/10 fail was your "Spurs will finish the season injury free" jinx thread. Karma got your ass 1st game bitch.....

LOL Kool
LOL Jinx thread
LOL Nash
LOL Luggage
LOL Randle

illmatic
10-31-2014, 06:26 PM
The pick

midnightpulp
10-31-2014, 06:27 PM
Meh, I called this years ago, tbh, it was predictable..

Progression and advancements in media/technology is beautiful..

Took them long enough. Like I said, we had them beat on here by over half-a-decade.

I think the reason Abbott, et al are finally emboldened enough to speak the truth is because ESPN finally removed their muzzles. Since the Lakers are a complete joke and no longer a contender, there's no incentive for them to promote Kobe and the Lakers organization (of course you can still promote them as a circus, which the Lakers are).

illmatic
10-31-2014, 06:28 PM
http://www.gannett-cdn.com/-mm-/a442ad1b2936dfc2f449fa849f0fb68c329b048d/c=132-0-2868-2057&r=x513&c=680x510/local/-/media/Phoenix/None/2014/10/30/635502278431551505-PNI-suns-main-1030-21.JPG

Clipper Nation
10-31-2014, 06:48 PM
Meh... when they win tonight, the media will be right back on Kirby's dick.

Spur-Addict
10-31-2014, 07:02 PM
Meh... when they win tonight, the media will be right back on Kirby's dick.

Come on man, you know the Clips have this shit :lol

FkLA
10-31-2014, 07:13 PM
I've read Abbot's article but any links for the rest of em brah? I hope everything crumbles on this motherfucker. Have the media and teammates call him out on being the faggot that he is. Hopefully Vanessa openly cucks his ass for being a loser too.

apalisoc_9
10-31-2014, 07:18 PM
I've read Abbot's article but any links for the rest of em brah? I hope everything crumbles on this motherfucker. Have the media and teammates call him out on being the faggot that he is. Hopefully Vanessa openly cucks his ass for being a loser too.

Amen

Killakobe81
10-31-2014, 07:21 PM
Took them long enough. Like I said, we had them beat on here by over half-a-decade.

I think the reason Abbott, et al are finally emboldened enough to speak the truth is because ESPN finally removed their muzzles. Since the Lakers are a complete joke and no longer a contender, there's no incentive for them to promote Kobe and the Lakers organization (of course you can still promote them as a circus, which the Lakers are).

So much fail Abbott been murdering Kobe for years espn just chose to hype this more ...He was leader of Kobe is not clutch movement.

midnightpulp
10-31-2014, 07:25 PM
So much fail Abbott been murdering Kobe for years espn just chose to hype this more ...He was leader of Kobe is not clutch movement.

And he was completely right. The numbers back up that contention.

But that was just a simple presentation of the numbers. This latest article was a full obliteration of not only Kobe's game, but his attitude and personality.

Abbott was the first writer in the mainstream media to redefine Kobe's "killer instinct" and "will to win" as what it really is: A sociopathic need to be the ONLY reason the Lakers are winning.

SupremeGuy
10-31-2014, 07:28 PM
So much fail Abbott been murdering Kobe for years espn just chose to hype this more ...He was leader of Kobe is not clutch movement.He's not, tbh. It's been proven time and time again. But why let reality get in the way of a good sidekick myth?

HI-FI
10-31-2014, 07:38 PM

Co-signed.

you think everyone would've realized this shit like us once Shaq left and kobe was exposed. guess once you're no longer feeding the profit machine, then the tbombs start dropping.

Venti Quattro
10-31-2014, 08:01 PM
It's a shame that his career is going to end up like this. The rings and the accolades all seem so far away because he's going to retire on a team that sucks unless the Lakers "pull off" another major trade. As a person who watched him from his first game until today, it kind of stings. But hey he's still gonna retire $200 million richer than any of us here so whatever

Killakobe81
10-31-2014, 08:05 PM
And he was completely right. The numbers back up that contention.

But that was just a simple presentation of the numbers. This latest article was a full obliteration of not only Kobe's game, but his attitude and personality.

Abbott was the first writer in the mainstream media to redefine Kobe's "killer instinct" and "will to win" as what it really is: A sociopathic need to be the ONLY reason the Lakers are winning.

No it wasn't just stats he hated the way Kobe played so he attacked his clutch stats under the guise much like Amb that he had nothing against him it's just facts but it's as obvious as Amb and many on here ...if it was just stats wouldn't be a story.

benefactor
10-31-2014, 08:13 PM
Hopefully Vanessa openly cucks his ass for being a loser too.
Vanessa will do better than that...she'll just play nice until his playing days are over then clean him out with a divorce. She'll stretch him over the log and flog him publicly until the hide is gone.

ambchang
10-31-2014, 09:42 PM
No it wasn't just stats he hated the way Kobe played so he attacked his clutch stats under the guise much like Amb that he had nothing against him it's just facts but it's as obvious as Amb and many on here ...if it was just stats wouldn't be a story.

Buddy, don't pull me into this pile. I believe in a lot of abbott's article but I don't trust the backup evidence. Too many "unnamed" sources.

That said, the stats don't lie. You can cherry pick a few here and there for every player but Kobe is the only one who consistently can have statistics refute his positive attributes.

Plain and simple, lakers won despite him. Instead of winning 6 or 7 championships with no missed playoffs, we are now talking about 5 and 2 (likely 3 after this year) missed playoffs.

Expert
10-31-2014, 11:06 PM
It's a shame that his career is going to end up like this. The rings and the accolades all seem so far away because he's going to retire on a team that sucks unless the Lakers "pull off" another major trade. As a person who watched him from his first game until today, it kind of stings. But hey he's still gonna retire $200 million richer than any of us here so whatever
hes a major reason they suck

Thebesteva
10-31-2014, 11:28 PM
I respectfully disagree with my main account er..OP. Kobe has been hated on by the media since day 1. Hence his 1 and only MVP. Plaschke once said they all hate him because hes a POS behind closed doors

Cry Havoc
10-31-2014, 11:31 PM
I respectfully disagree with my main account er..OP. Kobe has been hated on by the media since day 1. Hence his 1 and only MVP. Plaschke once said they all hate him because hes a POS behind closed doors

:lmao You can't make this shit up. Laker fans actually believe the media has historically hated Kobe. :lmao

LkrFan
10-31-2014, 11:32 PM
Silly thread. Like Kobe ever gave a John Clawd Van Damn about the media. :lol

Killakobe81
10-31-2014, 11:41 PM
Buddy, don't pull me into this pile. I believe in a lot of abbott's article but I don't trust the backup evidence. Too many "unnamed" sources.

That said, the stats don't lie. You can cherry pick a few here and there for every player but Kobe is the only one who consistently can have statistics refute his positive attributes.

Plain and simple, lakers won despite him. Instead of winning 6 or 7 championships with no missed playoffs, we are now talking about 5 and 2 (likely 3 after this year) missed playoffs.
All I'll say the despite him is horseshit and leave it at that

ambchang
11-01-2014, 06:53 AM

A beta getting an MVP is a sign that the media loves him.

And Kobe is a pos in front of those doors too.

You

ambchang
11-01-2014, 06:55 AM
Silly thread. Like Kobe ever gave a John Clawd Van Damn about the media. :lol

Have the lakers losing really caused insanity with lakers fans?